Yer A Wizard!

He bit his lip. "Mother never told me... she said it was something with my father..." He fumbled for words. "You... nothing happened?" He asked, biting his lip. He frowned as he thought about it, reaching up and tugging off his glasses and looking up with the sparkling orbs that called out to Jade in a hypnotic way.

"Why would mother tell me not to show my eyes? Sh-she even blindfolded me when I was really little." He frowned and looked at Jade again, startled about the dazed look in Jade's different colored eyes. "J-Jade?"

Jade blinked when Timidus took off his glasses. Those eyes were so pretty, normally Jade wouldn't think that about another guy's eyes. Sure he knew he liked guys, and thought them more attractive girls, but he rarely thought boys were pretty. Good looking yes, hot, sure, but pretty? Shaking his head when Timidus' called his name, the room came back into focus.

"O-o-oh, wow." He blushed deeply, breathing deeply through his nose. "Powerful. You're very powerful."

"Powerful? How? I-is something wrong with me?" He asked tentatively and shifted worriedly, biting his lip as he thought and put his glasses back on his face to hide his eyes once again. "What happened to you? You weren't very foucussed..." He murmured softly. "My eyes ARE weird..."

Jade looked up surprised "Wrong with you? Babe, nothing is wrong with you, you're just powerful. There's nothing wrong with that right?" Jade tilted his head up, thinking. What had happened to him? He wasn't quite sure. It had felt like his mind had gone foggy and he couldn't really think. "I'm not sure..." Jade snorted, "You're preaching to the choir babe, you're not the only one with odd coloured eyes here. A lot of people at this school have 'em."

Looking at the other boy, Jade thought of something. "Hey Timidus, you ever have an Alignment Test done?"

"Alignment test?" He asked. "What is that?" He wondered, biting his lip as he thought about what Jade had told him about odd colored in the school. Why did they not have to hide them? Were his just different even from the different peoples too? Or maybe Jade had been distracted? He sighed softly as all of these thoughts flitted through his head in a whirl.

Jade was taken aback, "Seriously? You've never had a-" he scowled, muttering "And they say you don't have any potential, but how do they know if you've never been tested?" With a sigh he ran a hand through his hair, looking at the small boy in front of him. "An Alignment Test is a simple test. They take a few drops of your blood, put it on this special paper and then the paper will list what Magiks you have an alignment in and any special abilities you have. It could be you have trouble because you're trying to do the wrong type of magic for you. They do them in the infirmary all the time." He smiled, "We can go before classes tomorrow after breakfast if you want."

"Okay..." He smiled sweetly. "Thank you very much... for helping like you are..." He mumbled then yawned impossibly wide and stretched. "I-I think we better get to bed now, we do have classes in the morning." He pushed himself up and moved to his trunk, pulling out some nightclothes and scuttling to the bathroom to change.

Jade smiled, "That's what friends do Timidus, they help one another. And we are friends right? At least I hope we can be." He nodded in agreement and pushed himself up, grabbed his pj's and changed quickly while Timidus was in the bathroom. After that he checked his bag to make sure his books were all packed. Slipping into his bed, Jade turned off his lamp and yawned. "'Night Timidus."

Timidus, now in his bed and curled up, still wearing his glasses he smiled gently. "Night..." He mumbled, eyes drooping slowly as he fell asleep. He slept only for a few hours before he sat up again, eyes drooping with exhaustion but finding himself unable to keep them closed for long. He hunched over his crossed legs with a soft sigh. He just wanted to sleep, but the past several nights he'd woken up feeling restless and twitchy although he could barely keep his eyes open. He hated nights like these.

Jade fell asleep quickly, today had been somewhat eventful, and he'd been running on nerves, like he did every year on the first day of school, for most of it. A couple hours later, Jade's eyes snapped open and her sat up straight, breathing heavily as if he'd just run a marathon. He had had a nightmare that he was being chased by giant spiders who wanted to drag him to their kingdom and make him their slave. Checking the time, Jade groaned and flopped back down on to his pillow, it was still hours before they had to be up.

He was just about to try and get back to sleep when he heard someone sigh. Snapping back up into a sitting postion, Jade looked over to the other side of the room, and made out a hunched up figure on Timidus's bed. "Hey, you awake Timidus? I didn't wake you up did I?"

Timidus jumped, looking over at Jade, tinted glasses flashing in the faint moonlight coming in from their window. "Oh... no..." He looked away. "I just can't sleep." He yawned widely and shifted, legs beginning to fall asleep. "Why are you awake? Can't sleep either?" He asked quietly, looking over again.

Jade smiled weakly, "Something like that." He shuddered, he didn't have arachnophobia, but that dream really freaked him out. He swung his legs out from under the blanket and off the edge. "So why can't you sleep babe?"

He blinked at the use of the nickname "babe". Where had that come from? Actually, now that he thought about it, he'd been calling his roommate that off and on all day. Why though? They barely knew one another; babe was a weird name to give someone you barely knew.

"I... I just can't..." He murmured softly and pushed himself out of his bed, moonlight glistening on his pale thighs before his nightshirt fell over his skin. "I think I'm gonna go for a walk for a little bit..." He said softly bending over his trunk to find his sweat pants, shirt riding up and revealing his round bottom as he sifted through his things, mumbling softly to himself.

Jade looked away, blushing as Timidus bent over his trunk. Sure, he couldn't see much in the dark but it was still enough to make him bush. Jade shook his head as Timidus' words caught up in his brain. "You can't babe." he looked at his alarm clock, it was only 3:30 in the morning "It's still too early, we aren't allowed to leave our rooms until at least 5:30."

Timidus froze and sighed, pulling out a book instead. "Okay... he grabbed a candle and paused. "Oh.... you probably want to go back to sleep huh?" He shifted and put the candle and book back, biting his lip. "I apologize, I'll do something that wont keep you up." He murmured.

Jade snorted, his mind going back to the dream. Sleep was not coming back to him anytime soon. "Babe, I'm not going back to sleep, don't think I could right now." Getting up, Jasper grabbed a book, pausing to pet the plant on his bookcase, before climbing back into his bed. He smiled at the other boy, "Do what you want. If I fall asleep don't worry about it, I can sleep through a lot."

He perked at that. "Okay. Thank you." He grabbed his candle and book and moved back to his bed and laid back onto his bed, setting the candle on his nightstand and snuggled into his pillow, cracking open the worn book, eyes flicking over the page quickly as he floated into a sea of adventure and sword fights, chuckling softly at clever comments and tensing slightly when things got tense. He read the wonderful tale, snapping the familiar tale shut as the sun broke into their room.

Jade shrugged, "Anytime." Opening the book, the brown haired boy quickly got pulled into the story, enjoying the main character's sass and sarcasm. The action scenes were well written and believable as where the characters. Jade found himself finishing just as the sun was coming through the window. Glancing at his roommate, the brown haired bow still awake.

Looking at the clock he grinned, "Hey babe, if you want to start getting ready, we can go to breakfast and then you can get the test done before class."

"Ok-" He was cut off as a long yawn caught him off guard and his slid from his bed, blowing out his everlasting candle with a smile and tucking his things away, in a better mood after his favorite tale. "I'll go take a shower, I'll meet you down at breakfast." He said with a slight smile and grabbed a towel and his sopas, hurrying into the bathroom and jumping in after shucking his clothes and folding them neatly. He washed and hummed softly, glasses set on the counter, the lenses glinting.

Jade chuckled, "Alright, meet you there." He changed quickly, made his bed and ran his brush through his hair, getting rid of the knots, pulling it up in a low ponytail before grabbing his bag and leaving the room, making sure he had his key. Getting to the Dining Hall (it was mostly empty since it was so early), Jade grabbed his breakfast and sat down at the near empty table; the only one there was Ana and she was already done eating and had her head on the table, looking fast asleep, her shoulder length dark red hair falling over her face.

He chuckled, "Tired, Anastasia? Where are your boys?"

"Mm'hmm" she mumbled, cracking an eye open. "And Alistair and Grim'll be here soon." She grinned and sat up. "There they are," she said pointing to the door. "And with your new boy toy too."

Jade sighed and looked over. Sure enough Timidus was coming toward the table too. "He's not my boy toy. You've been spending way too much time with Alistair."