Year of the Tiger, Bitches!

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Orochi, Feb 13, 2010.

1. 新年快乐

Just when I spent the last of my savings, red envelopes saves my wallet! Woohoo!

2. Name: Rick Flag Jr.
    Codename: “Suicide Squad”
    Powers/Skills:

Rick Flag is a squadron unto himself, able to create multiple ‘perfect’ copies of himself, weaponry and clothing included. Generally mindless drones, they nonetheless carry the expertise, muscle memory and trained instincts of the original, and are telepathically linked to him. Richard Flag is able to - at full exertion - generate slightly upwards of 20 copies. Once generated, they are permanent entities, existing until their death, or until Richard wills their disappearance.

Aside from this power, Richard is

- An accomplished hand to hand martial artist. Of note is his invention of his own style of martial arts, tailor made to take advantage of his duplication ability.
    - Style in question is a grappling heavy, acrobatic martial art with a heavy dose of striking, augmented with sheer numbers and multiple points of attack.
    - Skilled in various farms of weaponry, particularly firearms.
    - An expert tactician and strategist.
    - Highly attuned to urban warfare, knowledgeable in the psychology of unlawful entities, and engaging in combat in city environments.
    - Adept at handling a variety of vehicles.

Weaknesses:

- Although highly trained, Rick’s physical qualities are of a normal humans (albeit honed to a high level), and thus unlikely to stand against higher quality supers.
    - Richard is highly susceptible to telepathic assaults, for two primary reasons. 1) Psychic assaults on Rick Flag generally cause his copies to disappear and 2) psychic assaults on any of Rick’s clones also affect Rick, due to the telepathic linking.

Ethnicity: REDBLOODED AMERICAN, BABAY.

Likes/Dislikes:

Democracy.
    Patriots.
    Our boys overseas.
    Amurrica.
    THE LAW (when not on vigilante duty).
    Hamburgers.

Dislikes:
    Oppressors.
    Criminals.
    Drugs.
    THE LAW. (when on vigilante duty)
    Gangs.
    Hot dogs.

Equipment:

Military issue sidearms.
    A medley of concealed sharp things. Yes, knives.
    Various automatic and semi-automatic weaponry.
    Choice amounts of C4 and fragmentation grenades.
    Grappling hook guns because those are cool.
    Ammo.
    Handheld radio.
    Kevlar.
    Helmet/mask with thermal and night vision, as well as targeting and identification assistance.

Appearance:

[​IMG]

is also masked when obscuring identity is necessary.

[​IMG]

Personality: Rick has always been a man of implacable conviction. His crusade against those who oppress and exploit the weak and the poor knows no boundaries, as he is a firm believer of delivering evil unto evil, and brutality unto the brutal. This aspect of him often causes him to descend down rabbit-holes of immorality, but Rick has long since become accustomed to justifying himself as the lesser evil. Far more intelligent than his ferocity at times indicates.

Outside of his clandestine operations, Rick is generally able to maintain a veneer of cordiality, speaking with a manufactured kindness.

Location: United States. Typically rotates from major city to major city.

Origin: A ‘military brat’ through and through, Rick Flag knew of military discipline and integrity from the day he was born. While life constantly on the move due to his parent’s redeployments had its own share of difficulties, the son of Rick Flag Sr knew only pride, for his parents fought the good fight, and so would he.

As he came of age, Rick Flag would enlist, and promptly demonstrate the same qualities of those that came before him. He was a consummate professional, disciplined and focused, gifted with a medley of talents that made him perfect for the field. He would serve with distinction across many continents.

Such professionalism would see him as a member of Task Force W, a shadowy government organization backed by an unnamed woman of strong, curt demeanor. The Task Force was particularly interested in bringing out latent potential in certain human specimens, and Rick Flag happened to have potential, manifested as an ability to self-replicate.

A one-man squadron, Rick ‘single-handedly’ completed many an operation. His most fateful one, however, was the destruction of a military base in Jakarta, secretly a front for construction of mindless super-soldiers underneath the control of an unknown tyrant. However, the government of Indonesia was unaware of the base’s true nature, and thus demanded reparations from the United States. Furthermore, they became aware of Rick’s identity, and demanded that he face justice.

As a result, the woman behind Task Force W disavowed Rick Flag Jr, and extradited him.

Granted, the extradited Rick Flag Jr was but a doppelganger. Still, it was no longer in Task Force W’s best interest to utilize Rick overseas, lest he be identified again. Instead, he was given a stipend and a ‘wish-list’ of sorts. A list of highly wanted supervillains and organized criminals that made their home in America.

And so here he is, fighting the good fight once again.

Inspiration:
    Basically my take on the Suicide Squad; Rick Flag’s part of the Suicide Squad? Nah. He is the Suicide Squad now. Historically, as part of the Squad, Rick’s more accustomed to handling calamities on a national or international scale. I thought it’d be fun to make his hero background as someone who deals more with the underworld of any given city, making his name as a gang of vigilantes unto himself.

3. Stop being bitter, derp!

kiong hee huat tsai, you fuckers!

4. For Pre-Main Plot Posts!

Please include name of city you are in.

5. V-Day lol, expect an influx of babies this November.

6. BABY TAIGA!!!
    [​IMG]

7. I DON'T WANT ANY MORE TIGERS

8. uhm... then i suggest you hibernate this year and come out next year. ^_^

9. No, it's just that I was born in the year of the BEAR dragon.

THEY ARE MY NATURAL ENEMIES.

10. You're right. They're almost identical. But what I asked earlier was the Lohengrin from other source. x_x ehehe
    I remember asking about how this game is referencing much from the Arthurian legend, and just want to confirm whether the Lothringen/Lohgren is actually referenced from Lohengrin

11. Year of the monkey here, i'm south american even in chinese.

12. Year of the Hare. I'M LUCKY BUT CONSERVATIVE AND LAZY. WOO~

13. I will be killing hundreds of babies this year.

14. Otto White feat. Tyler Haak

Tyler struggled to watch this scene, so violent. What was worse, she felt to connected to it while her own emotions reacted to Otto’s. And yet somehow, she was still shocked and appalled by this terrifying act. It took her a moment to turn her eyes to the Otto beside her when he started talking, entranced for a moment. When she did finally looking at him, her gaze was hooded. She felt it. He didn’t have to tell her to absorb those feelings that she was already feeling. The swirling emotions were tearing her between despair and wrath and she could not figure out which one to let win out over the other.​

"That is the fuel for the flames but as with all things you must temper it, the flames will burn you to ash if you let the anger and despair overwhelm you Tyler." All she could think to do was turn her eyes away from him and give a short nod in understanding before letting him continue. Otto spoke as the landscape changed once again, this time to a scene familiar to the both of them: the E.I training facility where their little group had all first met each other. "I'm more than sure that this place is somewhere you recognize, Tyler." He spoke as they watched Tyler walk out of her room and Otto walk out of his, the two of them being the first two to wake from their forced sleep. "Before powers, before the betrayal and before the truths we all now know were revealed to us." He walked around the room as the others, Maine and Daisuke exited their own rooms and then time stopped for he and Tyler. "I was a body without a soul, waiting to die when E.I. found me buried underneath the rubble of a destroyed building." He looked to Tyler, right in her eyes. "But I found something on that day, I found hope."

Now she couldn't help but speak up, her face a blank canvas per usual now that the scene they watched was less horrific. Sadly, it did remind her of her first day with the E.I., and she had not felt the hope that Otto did. For her, there was only despair, confusion, and anger for being taken away from her life and her family. "The only reason I could imagine feeling hopeful in that moment would be in your and Maine's situations. You two were pulled from the brink of death." She paused, looking to the Daisuke in their vision. "Daisuke and I were taken from our normal lives. Your view of that moment and mine are two entirely different emotions."

"Tyler you forget yourself and what you have just learned, I wanted to die for a long time and E.I. snatched me away from that release to make me and the rest of us immortal so do not think my hope found on the first day cleared away what I had felt for so long before or that I knew what I had found on that day. Also I wouldn't say the life of a Yakuza or at least a Yakuza associate was too normal." Tyler cut in quickly to make her point before Otto could continue. "It was normal for him. That's all that matters." Otto's words continued to flow. "For the original four you were the most normal Tyler don't mistake that, a teacher among warriors, a bit odd but we're getting off track as I didn't bring you to this memory for this. I brought you here to teach something." He spoke as the scene progressed just as the first few days did. "I said I felt hope or rather that I found it, I was given people to care for whether I wanted to or not and as the days and weeks passed of all four of us learning, training, and being in each others company, I learned to care again." They were in a white room now. "I found myself seeing Maine, Daisuke, you, and eventually Alkura as more then just random strangers I had to work with but as something more." They were now in front of the beast of purple fire as it destroyed the E.I troops. "Rage and hate fuel this beast but the love I hold in my heart for you and the others is what is keeping me from being lost to this power. I tell you all this because the flame I wield is as much a part of you as it is me, we are bound together by fire weather you or I want that or not."
    -
    They were in the desert again but the fires had closed in around where Tyler had first found Otto sitting at but now Otto looked different, burn marks were forming on his skin as flesh peeled away and angry red splotches marked his skin. "But all that is failing me Tyler and the rage is burning over as this power lashes out at me. I have showed you what it takes now I need you to help me or I will burn." He finished.​

The woman watched the burning Otto. Was this whole thing just a cry for help? Was his intention only to ask for someone to ground him? She wanted to let out a long sigh, but kept the thought internal. It looked like she wouldn't get to go crazy and burn things like she wanted to. Instead, she would have to be the voice of reason this time around. Just like every time around. Considering the reminder that she was always being the voice of calm and contained emotions, she was starting to wonder if one day she would just pop and lash out. Her own emotions were building up just like everyone else's, she just never got to express her frustration. But her team needed her and what they needed right now - rather, what Otto needed right now - was the unwavering rock of composure. So that's what she would be. Like she always did, Tyler slowly let the raging fires in her brain settle into the background, her face a mask of apathy as if the images from this event had never even existed before her. "Then that's what I'll do."

"...Ok." Otto spoke simply before he was violence in motion as he seized Tyler by the arms, his grip like a vice and his head down. "Ha...ha...ha, the problem with people now a days is they don't ask enough questions. One you should have asked is how exactly were you gonna help me." His words worked their way out of his mouth along with that broken laugh as he lifted his head, his hair hung over and covered his face save for his right eye that burned an ominous shade of purple. Tyler's eyes were slowly growing wider, her frame tensed from the suddenly tight grip on her arms. Oh shit... This isn't Otto, is it? "We burn together Tyler." His words were punctuated by the flames crawling up his body and across his arms to Tyler's, coating them both in fire. He put her wrists in one of his hands holding her still despite her confused struggles but with a much more gentle grip as his other free hand went up to where his covered left eye was still being hidden by the fire that was once his hair. The flames parted as the second purple orb was exposed but not for long as his hand was cupped over it and with a sickening pop the orb came out and hovered in his hand. He brought it up and pushed it towards where Tyler's left eye was and put the purple orb in place of where her eye had been. All the while she continued to struggle against his hold and even raised her voice for him to stop. "See what I see Tyler Haak and share in the power and pain of rage made manifest." He spoke as he pulled her flaming form into his, embracing her.​

He was stronger. There was no doubt about it. In the mind, she was just a small woman being overpowered by a much larger man. God damn it. Damn it all. She was being pushed and pulled around as if she was nothing more than some meek creature, incapable of taking care of herself. Was this really Otto? She didn't even get a chance to scream when Otto had just pushed a ball of fire into her eye. Tyler was instantly consumed in fury and flames, fire lighting uncontrollably along her entire body once again. She would never be able to be anyone's anchor to reality like this. Instead, her body fought back against Otto's, pushing at him and even slamming her fists into his sides and rib cage as she battled with the emotional surge. "Let GO of me!" She yelled at him, her voice a mix of aggression and animalistic terror. The feeling was too overwhelming and it seemed that she was not able to pull herself back from it as she continued to strike at her comrade, yelling and growling at him to release her.

He held fast. "Look at me." He spoke quietly to get her to calm down. "Look at me." He spoke a second time but with a firmer tone which did not work just as the first had not while Tyler continued to fight and snarl. "LOOK AT ME!" His voice was loud and angry this time, causing the woman to jolt for a moment out of her rage-induced fit and turn her eyes to the source of the shout. Her own eyes swirled with anger and befuddled understanding. The nails of one hand dug into his arm, trying to claw him away from her, while the other hand balled into a fist, trying to keep from hurting him more. "Look at me Tyler Haak, focus on me. Breathe and let the flames guide you, but remember I am here, I am your life line as you are mine." Otto spoke, almost whispered, in Tyler's ear as he held onto her, knowing she might lose herself just as he was losing himself. As he spoke, Tyler's breaths slowly turned from short and ragged to longer and more controlled inhales and exhales. Control yourself, control yourself, control yourself. There was something outside of this mental world that she needed to focus on, but they were so absorbed in this that she had almost forgotten about it entirely. "The flames will not hurt you if I am here and it won't hurt me if you are here but we will both burn if we don't work together. The flames chose us both and we cannot ignore that. You must calm yourself and look at what I see." Otto finished as he pointed to his remaining eye and then pointed to her new eye. "We see the same things now and feel the same as well." He spoke as the vision went from a burning desert to the fight outside with the E.I. troops, in the real world for both of them to see. "We must burn the rest of them, together."

This was it. This is what she was forgetting. There was a battle going on where they were - in the real world. She had been trying to join it and all of the sudden lost herself to something else entirely. Had they been in only a dream this entire time? Jesus, she had lost track of reality in here. Tyler nodded in agreement, finally back to her real body, ablaze in flames and merging with Otto's and Deanta's. "Burn..." Was all she could get passed her lips, chest heaving with the struggle to hold back the planted wrath.

The beast's form took another change, it slimmed down and gained an altogether smaller build, something no doubt the result of Tyler joining with Otto and Deanta. It turned to the E.I troops and lifted it's arms to the sky as the encompassing fire started to be drawn into a ball of flames that was slowly growing over it's head. The flames were starting to turn black from the amount of flame being focused onto this one point. Light started to fade away as if the ball of flame was more of a black hole then anything else, but all things must come to an end. It reared back as the ball of flame reached the size of a wrecking ball and in a moment of complete silence it threw it at the ground in the middle of the clearing near the last remaining E.I. troops.​

15. Year of the Metal Horse. Dogs and Tigers are my friends, while monkeys and rats aren't...

The metal horse symbolizes such character traits as strength, energy, and an outgoing nature. Always in search of a good time, Horses keep the crowds happy with their humor and their wit.

Horses are extremely intelligent so they’re able to grasp new subjects with ease. They’re also capable of multi-tasking however they don’t always finish what they start because they’re forever chasing the next opportunity. Horses are honest, friendly and open-minded. They’re perhaps a bit too centered on themselves and have been known to throw tantrums when situations don’t go their way.
    Health

Horses are very healthy, most likely because they maintain a positive outlook on life and because they’re athletic. Lead Horses to wide, open spaces and watch them run free! Horses will usually only feel ill when they’re trapped inside.
    Career

Horses enjoy positions in which they can interact with others. They aren’t fond of taking orders and they’ll run from jobs they consider routine. They’re able to grasp new subjects with ease making them capable of handling most any job. They’re effective communicators and they enjoy power. Good career choices for Horses include: publicist, sales representative, journalist, language instructor, translator, bartender, performer, tour operator, librarian or pilot.
    Relationships

Horses, being spontaneous, have a tendency to fall fast and hard for others. They tend to give themselves fully in each new relationship a quality that ends up chipping away at their inner being. Fortunately, this exhausting trait mellows with age and relationships are stronger and more stable later in life.
    Horses and the 5 elements

Metal Horse – Years 1930 and 1990

Free-spirited in every sense of the word, commitment is the easiest way to scare Metal Horses away. They prefer jumping from one relationship or job to the next. Because of this, Metal Horses make better friends than partners.

Source:
    http://www.chinesezodiac.com/horse.php

16. For the past hour or so, I've been watching Mr Rogers clips for some reason.

17. @Elle Joyner I assume you want Uther at the meeting place (Falmar Falls?) in my next post

18. Fuck you all. Imma dragon and I'll kick yer asses anyway.

19. use it as fuel bro.

let your anger spur you on to defy and surpass the expectations of those around you and use your spite as a shield to protect you from misery.