YAY UPDATES ARE DONE! NOT ALL OF THEM BUT YAY IMPORTANT STUFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
We don't like Iwaku to be down for toooo long, because we all get bored. >:[ So even though not ALL of out updates are finished, all the IMPORTANT onces are... at least to the point where we can opne. 8D

THE NEW THINGS:

THE NEW ROLEPLAY SETUP

You might have seen this used before on our sister site, RPNation! Now when you create a roleplay, it makes you a handy little information page complete with useful tabs for organizing your information and a couple places to add links to your additional threads. It will automatically create ONE thread for you: In Groups and Chat RPs it'll be an OOC thread. In the One on Ones it will be an In Character thread.

We have created a new simple prefix set so you can sort roleplays by which ones are open signups, closed signups, jump in roleplays, and private.

A new TAGS system is in place we premade tags. ALL of Genre prefixes are in there, plus the Content Ratings AND Post Expectations! Which means now (if people make sure to add all the appropriate tags) you can search roleplays by all of these things! YAY!

The Jump In forum has been removed and now you can just create a jump in within any of the categories using the two jump in tags: BIO AND JUMP IN, and NO BIO REQUIRED.

One On Ones have a prefix called "FIRST RESPONSE" meaning, the first person to reply to that rp gets it! BUT ALL OTHER ONE ON ONE AND PARTNER SEARCH REQUESTS NOW GO IN THE NEW ROLEPLAY SEARCH SECTION.

Here is an EXAMPLE ROLEPLAY for you! https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/roleplays/girrafic-park-an-example-roleplay.1225/

THE NEW ROLEPLAY SEARCH SECTION

We had a LOT of issues with people trying to search for partners, players, where to advertise etc. So dDue to popular demand, we have changed our roleplay search forums! We now have separate areas for Group RP Ads, Seeking Invites, Seeking Partners, and incluuuuding areas for Libertine advertising!

PROFILE & ROLEPLAY RESUME UPDATES

The roleplay resume is no longer in a separate tab. It is now under the "Information" tab. All of it's options have been moved to "Personal Details". This was the FIRST STEP in our Resume updates, unfortunately those are not finished yet. So the resume on your profile currently looks SQUISHED and some of the new things people have requested in our Resume thread have not been updated/added yet.

What IS added? PROFILE TAGS. O___O You can tag yourself with all of the genres you love, your posting expectation levels, content ratings if you like, AND MORE LATER. We haven't fully figured out what tags can be added there, as this was an unexpected and awesome addition that came with our updates!

THE UPDATED CONTENT SECTION

As time goes by a forum has to adapt and evolve! And in this case it meant saying good by to the overly complicated organizing of our Institute, Worldbuilding and Museum sections. We've condensed everything in to 8 categories we feel are important and useful for our members. Things might be a little messy and out of place in there, so feel free to use the Thread Moderation form if you need something moved!

ALL OF THAT OTHER STUFF

- Some styles might seem a little off.
- Prefixes in the non-rp forums might be a little screwy!
- Uuuh...

THERE ARE OTHER THINGS. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY ARE. SO SCREW IT, WE'RE OPENING THE FORUMS NOW AND WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT WHEN YOU BREAK STUFF. O___O

THE END.

Yes, remember. If you don't like any of the updates, it's all Arcadia's fault.

This is amazing. The only concern I have, is for computers that are older the switching from Overview to Roleplay tabs are a bit slow/take longer to load. Just a heads up.

• Love
Reactions: Anyu and Yuki40
I'M TIRED AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO ME ;__;
Yes. Nothing in the staff application asked if I was nice. This is what you get for hiring an asshole. ^_^

I'M TIRED AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO ME ;__;
Let's face it Diana, you would do silly mistakes even if you weren't tired. :3 -pat pat-

Whoohoo! :D Haven't had time to look at all of the updates, yet. That search feature is exciting!

Thank you for all the hard work!

Why were the first posts on threads replaced with a star? I had a TON of information on that post...Frankly now it's all gone, I better be told this is temporary...

THERE ARE OTHER THINGS. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY ARE. SO SCREW IT, WE'RE OPENING THE FORUMS NOW AND WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT WHEN YOU BREAK STUFF. O___O

THE END
much confidence

I am loving this so far! Although I did just notice that under the new Roleplays tab on profiles, it seems to show only roleplays that the person started and not all that they are involved in that were not started by themselves? Still a super cool feature, just made me curious if that would be hammered out or left alone :D

Thank you, Diana and Jared!

Why were the first posts on threads replaced with a star? I had a TON of information on that post...Frankly now it's all gone, I better be told this is temporary...

It's not all gone, you'll find it as the auto-inserted information with your newly created roleplay here: Roleplays | IwakuRoleplay.com

I forgot to mention that in the announcement. I couldn't find a way to make it NOT do that. ;___;

But you CAN copy and paste it all back to that first post if necessary.

It's not all gone, you'll find it as the auto-inserted information with your newly created roleplay here: Roleplays | IwakuRoleplay.com

I forgot to mention that in the announcement. I couldn't find a way to make it NOT do that. ;___;

But you CAN copy and paste it all back to that first post if necessary.
I'll definitely be doing that for convenience sake...just makes sense to have roleplay information in the roleplay information thread.

I ALMOST DIED WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO CHECK MY ALERTS T_T

Reactions: Luchi
Alright, so maybe I missed something, I rarely understand the technical talk after all, but it seems like in the OP of a lot of roleplays there is simply a star.

72478b5d4ea1cb6be6929b6a2fa0d29a.jpg

PRAISE THE ALL-SEEING OWL DIANA!

Yes. Nothing in the staff application asked if I was nice. This is what you get for hiring an asshole. ^_^
We have enough assholes as it is D:

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Alright, so maybe I missed something, I rarely understand the technical talk after all, but it seems like in the OP of a lot of roleplays there is simply a star.
The first post is in the 'overview' tab now. Look toward the top. I think from what Diana just said in response to this, you can copy and paste your first post back into the star post and get it back to how it was. Just something good to keep in mind for new threads! You can put like a description there instead of a real post and then go from the second post on :D

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.