Yawar - the world of adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viaryn

Viaryn watched as his large guest enthusiastically launched his bowl across the table in anticipation for his second helping of dinner. It was like he hadn't eaten for days, which just might have been the case considering the predicament that he and Ashfa found him in. Spooning that final remnants of his own meal, the boy watched with keen interest and Ashfa began attempts at communication. He stared for a few moments as she spoke carefully, tapping on her collarbone and introducing herself. Confusion was painted on the half-kiju's face and it took a couple tries for him to actually pronounce her name, but it was time well spent. Having successful pronounced her name, a small smile crept along his face despite his attempts to stifle his excitement. After all, It isn't everyday that you get to make contact with a creature such as this one.

Several minutes went by as Viaryn continued to watch the exchange between the two, his mother collecting her plate and his, making her way to the kitchen to begin tidying up for the night. Zonran, as the half-kiju was called, seemed to be able to understand very faint flecks of dialogue coming from Ashfa's lips, but it was a start at least. The young human slowly became lost in his own world, thinking back to various times that he'd been down to the pier to watch the ships that entered, carrying passengers from distant lands. A voice belonging to Ashfa's companion, Ylva, posed a question that hang in the air for a moment before Viaryn snapped back to reality.

"
Ah! Our neighbors? Well...We pretty much live near the city's edge, so it's not too crowded here. Though there are quite a few good people we know that stop by to say hello and make small talk. Other than that, I think everyone keeps to themselves and mind their own," Viaryn replied swiftly, tapping his chin in thought. He hadn't really encountered too many unsavory types around the area before, but there was always a first for everything.

"
Considering the situation, I think you would want to take the woods out back. Lots of trees for cover, especially at night. The forest itself, loops back around to the other side of town. So you would be fairly close to the pier at that distance I believe?" He got up for a moment and left the room, returning a couple minutes later with a map of the city. Spreading across the table, Viaryn slid a couple cups along the edges to act as weights and pointed to where they currently were. "It's a little dated, but I think everything is just about the same." Looking back to Ylva, he waited for her thoughts on the matter before he said anything else.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Giltine13 and Applo

dc0d97123942d2df747762fdc2b66b5f.png

For a good moment Ashfa was unsure what the half-Kiju- Zonran - was trying to tell her. D? What did that even mean? Confusion was clear in her eyes and remained there until he mimed what he meant. Her perplexed expression was quick to change to understanding, especially seeing she was quite familiar with that sort of weapon. Well, perhaps not a bow per say, but Ylva did have a crossbow, and that counted, right?

"A bow," she said slowly, nodding so that he knew she understood what he was talking about. "Your bow?" She didn't quite recall seeing one one him though. Perhaps he had lost it before he came into the shop? Or was she so panicked and preoccupied that he'd had it then and only lost it on the way here? In any case, it seemed like he wanted it, otherwise why go through all that effort to make sure she knew what he was talking about.

Chewing on her lip for a moment, Ashfa finally spoke up again. "Uhm... where is it? Did... did you lose it?" If it was back in the city... She didn't reckon Ylva would be happy about returning that way after all of the day's shenanigans. She cast a glance her friend's way before hastily looking elsewhere. Why was she so adamant on helping this half-Kiju anyway? She didn't know, but she knew she couldn't just let him be caught by whoever was chasing him.

• Sweet
Reactions: Giltine13
9ce6ad12a3223ec3f6d238e2716e2e1c.png

Placing a finger on the map at the point Viaryn had pointed to, Ylva's eyes began to scan back and forth over the parchment taking in every detail. If the map was correct then the boy's plan was by far the best idea. In the forest there would be precious few if any prying eyes on them, especially if they timed their journey right. Anyone that got curious as they left town could be lost easily enough too. That still left the docks where there would be too many eyes on them for Ylva's comfort, but perhaps that could be worked around.

As she was running through the plan in her head, Ylva heard the strange one sided conversation Ash was having with the creature. She was tempted to tell it to forget its damned bow. Finding it would be like finding a needle in a haystack and would probably draw more attention than she wanted to this whole affair. That was what she wanted to say but she restrained herself. Even with Viaryns plan, they needed this creatures cooperation. antagonizing it wouldn't help anything. Or at least antagonizing it too much.

"I think Viaryn's plan is the right one. If we head out of town and through the forest then I think we might actually make to the docks without being noticed. I think we should wait here tonight, and go just before noon tomorrow. That'll mean less people about. If we make it wear a long cloak and hood, well we might not have any problems."

Pausing briefly, Ylva looked at the two sets of human eyes around the table before continuing. "There's a couple things we need to do tonight. I'm going to go to the docks and find a captain heading somewhere far away willing to take a few extra passengers and I'll also ask about this bow. Ash, I need you to report seeing our companion to the guards somewhere away from here and the docks. I know you know what to do. Viaryn, I'd be thankful if you went with her, though I'd understand if you'd really rather stay here."

Now Ylva turned to look at Zonran directly, a slight smirk on his face. "As for him, we need a bit of his fur." A small blade tumbled out of Ylva's hand onto the wooden table. "A few good handfuls at least."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Viaryn
To hear someone appreciate his advice for once was surprising but welcomed. The young man slightly blushed at the compliment, chuckling to himself before focusing back at the task on hand. By now, his mother had gotten up an proceeded to clean the kitchen, but was just within earshot and listening in on the groups conversation. Viaryn's mind trailed back to the map as he looked over the planned route and then to the docks. Despite it being a simple set of tasks, there were bound to be some mishaps along the way. He sighed and stood from his seat, walking into the kitchen. His mother met his gaze as he entered and she wiped her hands with the cloth resting on the side of the sink.

"It's alright if you have to go, I'll be fine here..." Her eyes filled with worry, locked with his as she rested her hands on his shoulder, gripping them tightly, "But if you get into the slightest bit of danger, you run. You hear me?"

Viaryn hugged his mother,
"I will. No heroics. Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it. I promise." The last thing he wanted to do was make his mother sad. "I'll play it safe. No fights if they can be avoided."

He pulled away and turned back to the group just as Ylva had pulled out a knife, the blade clattering onto the table as she mention needed a couple handfuls of his fur. Taking his place back at the table, Viaryn slid the map over to Zonran and pointed at where he had met the two. He traced the route that they had taken from the shop to his house, hoping that Zonran would figure out what he was doing. It was harder to get his point across without being able to effectively communicate, but it was worth a shot. In the midst of his explanation, he made a series of motions resembling the guards and their actions taken while running through the alleyways. He was bound to get something out of it, right?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Applo

dc0d97123942d2df747762fdc2b66b5f.png

Ashfa didn't mind the plan- it made sense to take precautions so that they wouldn't be in a haphazard mess the next day. She was worried, however, about the half kiju. It really didn't seem to her as if he was understanding what any of them were talking about. Would leaving him behind really be a good idea? Would Viaryn's mother's be able to communicate with him while they were all gone?

Mouth pulled straight in thought, she watched as Viaryn tried to explain the map to Zonran, and as she suspected, it didn't seem to her as if he was understanding much of what the young man was trying to explain. She couldn't fault either of them, really.

She stood up and walked over to the the half Kiju, trying to look as decisive as she could in her small frame, even as she wracked her mind to try and remember the little she had learned of the kiju language while growing up. Put a light hand on his forearm, she spoke up. "You... stay. We-" she pointed to herself with her free hand, and then to Viaryn and Ylva. "We... er... go... come back." She fiddled nervously with the end of her braid, hoping she made sense.

9ce6ad12a3223ec3f6d238e2716e2e1c.png

Ylva's smirk stayed fixed to her face as she watched Ash and Viaryn try to explain to their strange new companion what was going to happen. It was a good mask to wear. In the privacy of her head, Ylva was having second thoughts about the plan already. Actually she was having third, fourth, fifth and sixth thoughts about the plan. Lots of them involved a crossbow bolt, dark shadows and this creatures spine. How could this work when they could barely communicate with this god cursed beast. Of course, Ylva knew she could never follow through on the images flashing through her head. However clever she was about it, however cunning her plan; somehow Ashfa would figure it out and when she did that would surely be the end of their friendship. And as that was the case, the only thing to do was walk the path fate had laid in front of her.

"I'm going to get going." Ylva's chair scraped across the floor as she stood up. "I need to talk to a lot of people and I doubt any of them will be very chatty right away." Making her towards the door, Ylva paused halfway and looked back over her shoulder. "Be sure to get a good amount of fur. It will sell the story better and keep the guards busier. And Ash… be careful."

A couple of hours later, Ylva was picking her way through the debris of the night on the path between two different taverns in the docks. She'd decided to tackle the issue of the bow first before the people she needed to speak to got too drunk to be of any use. So far her task hadn't been difficult, just arduous. She knew which ship the people she wanted to talk to had come in on. She had seen the creature she was helping escape from it when she had bought that little knife earlier after all. From there she had spoken to as many women of the night and bar keepers as she could find; sailors in port for the first night generally only had one of two things on their mind. After that it had just been a case of following the trail the men she was looking for had left behind them.

Pushing open what she hoped would be the final tavern's door for tonight, or at least on this errand, Ylva made her way quickly to the bar. She didn't fight her way through the crowd but rather used the time she was waiting to be served to eye up her fellow patrons. Mostly what she saw were drunks, sailors and more often than not drunk sailors. Nothing special caught her eye and eventually Ylva caught one of the bar staff's eye.

"What can I get ya lass?"

"A pint of ale and…" Ylva leaned forwards at this point, bringing her lips nearer to the bar tenders ears so she could almost whisper. "you pointing me towards any of the men who sailed in on the Caivus Messenger. I heard they had some interesting goods to sell."

There was a moment of localised silence as the man behind the counter looked Ylva up and down.

"I'm not sure I can help ya the-"

The sound of coins landing on the bar cut the man off mid sentence and there was a long moment as both crook and barman stared at one another.

"Let me get you that drink."

The bartender deftly scoped the pile of coins off the bar, before bustling away. Ylva didn't have to wait long for him to return and took the drink he proffered with both hands as she leaned in to hear what information her coin had bought.

"Third Table on the left from the door and I didn't tell ya."

"Didn't tell me what?"

The barkeeper grunted with satisfaction and turned his attention to the next customer. Ylva meanwhile picked her way out of the thronging crowd before making her way strait to the the table she had been directed to. There was no reason to be coy. These men had done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law, probably, and what she was going to ask them wouldn't cause trouble. At least not for them.

"You the ones selling kiju stuff?"

There was a brief pause in the chatter at the table as it occupants looked Ylva up and down before the volume rose once again as they resumed their conversations while ignoring the autem women. With a roll of her eyes, Ylva reached into her jacket until she felt what she was searching for under her fingers.

"I said…" There was a dull thump as the little kiju knife Ylva had bought earlier that day slammed into the table. In the silence that followed Ylva slowly put drink down next to the little blade. "are you the ones selling kiju gear."

"Who's asking?" The speaker was the sailor directly to the left of Ylva and she shifted slightly to have a better view of him. "Also depends why yere asking lassy."

"I'm asking because you sold something that someone I work with would rather like themselves." There was a slight rustling around the table as the sailors all suddenly looked more alert than they had done just moments earlier.

"Relax, I'm not looking for trouble from you. All I want is a name or a description, so I can find whoever has what I'm looking for and… persuade them to sell it to me."

There was a long heavy silence as the sailor Ylva was speaking to picked up his own drink and stared into the bottom of it.

"And what is in it for us if we were able to help ya lass."

"A round of drinks for your trouble and another to forget I was here."

There was another long silence around the table as the offer was considered.

"Tis an awful lot of forgetting you want us to do eh girly.

"Three roun-"

"And an awful large amount of trouble we're going to."

This time the silence was lead by Ylva as her hand slowly reached for the knife she had buried in the table and tucked it back inside her jacket.

"Three rounds of drinks." Her voice was cold and flat now. "It's not asking much, just a name."

The leader of the sailors gave Ylva a long stare. She returned it with one of her own. He watched her and she watched him. Eventually, and just as Ylva was preparing to stand up and walk away, the man's face cracked into a broad smile.

"I like ya lass. Consider it a deal." Turning to look down the table the sailor whistled and beckoned to one of his compatriots. "You tell Jonesy what ya hunting for. If anyone knows who we sold what to its lil Jonesy boy."

Without saying a word Ylva fished a handful of coin out of her now distressingly light coin purse and placed into the man's outstretched hand before turning to look at the young man referred to as Jonesy.

"I'm looking for a bow you sold."

The young man looked to the group leader, who nodded before looking towards Ylva again. "I think it belonged to that freak that you lost."

In front of Ylva, Jonesy started to look a little nervous.

"You sure it is that one yous was looking for."

Ylva stared at the man although using that description was stretching it. Jonesy looked barely old enough to shave.

"See the thing is; that stuff weren't genuine kiju, yah." Behind Jonesy, the sailor's leader put his face in his hands. "We just tried to unload that stuff as fast as possible before any of the punter realised it was off. Ya see we ju-."

"Jonesy ma lad,"
The leader cut his compatriot of mid babble. "Have you got anything useful to tell this nice lady or are ya going to be buying the next few rounds of drinks on account of you be a blundering fool boy!"

The young man scratched his head as the motivation of becoming quite a bit poorer forced him to examine his memory a bit more carefully.

"Um he was kinda short and I think he was a spice merchant. Said the bow would look good in his shop and his hands had all these yellow stains all over them. Certainly haggled like a shopkeeper the skinflint bastard." Jonesy looked between Ylva and his compatriot smiling faintly until something else suddenly came to mind. "Oh he said he thought his assistant thought it would be neat."

Ylva and the man she had negotiated exchanged another look for a few moments.

"Well lass, is that enoug-"

"That'll do fine."

Ylva picked up her drink and finished it in one go, slamming the mug on the table. "I can work with it. Enjoy your drinks."

Leaving the tavern, Ylva turned her attention to the matter of finding a captain willing to let the group stow away on their ship without asking any questions. She shelved finding the bow. If a shopkeeper did have it then it was a job for the morning to try and find it whereas now was the perfect time for her other task. It didn't take Ylva long to get the name of a ship to try. This was much more her world then looking for lost possessions was and she knew who to look for to ask for such information. Everyone she had spoken to had pointed Ylva to the same ship, so she felt fairly confident as she made her way up the gangplank.​

Viaryn

His eyebrows furrowed at the reaction of his guest to the quite detail explanation that was provided. The gap in communication was simply too vast, leaving little to no means of closing it. Viaryn let out a sigh and rested back into his chair. The young man rubbed his chin deep in thought, "This isn't going too well. As expected, I suppose." He was a bit dejected, but it was mostly out of his control, so it's not like it was his fault. While he sat mulling over the small stuff, Ashfa made her way over to Zonran and attempted to explain to him what was going to happen. Granted that she knew a sizable chunk of his language, made things for them less complicated.

His mother walked behind Viaryn and put her hands on his shoulder,
"He'll be fine with me. Long as he minds his and behaves, I think we'd get along quite well." She turned her head to look at Zonran and gave him a warm friendly smile. Ylva stood from her seat at the table and began to head out the door before turning back to give her farewell. He waved until she could not longer be seen and the door had closed shut, leaving just the four of them in the small living area. At the mention of fur, Viaryn slowly turned back to look at the knife, Ashfa, and then Zonran. His eyebrows slowly rose, knitting in pure bewilderment at the current predicament that they currently faced. Now how were they going to explain that they needed his fur...

• Haha
Reactions: Giltine13 and Applo
Kain Ironclaw

Beneath the decks of the Bloody Seashell one would find many surprises in her cargo, some being more questionable than others. One thing stood out above all, a living creature living amongst the crates of a dimly lit storage room. It slept snug and warm under a sizable blanket in a hammock that swayed with the ship as she was gently rocked by the oceans waves. All was peaceful, until a loud bang vibrated from up above. The force of a slamming motion from above mitigated to almost nothing, but it was just enough for a stirring to happen in the hammock. The blanket parted slightly, a single fox-like ear emerging from the cover, one that was erect and motionless aside from a few twitches. It wasn't long until the stowaway enveloped in the hammock rose in a prompt, alert manner the blanket twisting and sliding down its body to reveal a young kiju by the name of Kain Iron claw.

Kain looked around in a panicked manner for a brief minute as he regained his bearings. He glanced down his chest to notice he was wearing neither his armor nor his cloak. Digging into his memory the young adventurer slowly peered over his hammock down at the damp floorboards to see his equipment and belongings still neatly organized on a small table within arm's reach. Only then did the kiju relax. His arms reached high towards the ceiling as he stretched like usual, a quiet groan escaping his maw before he turned in the hammock so to sit on its edge with his feet hanging off the side, swaying in the open air from the small elevated position he was in.

Once he felt comfortable to do so Kain hopped down to the ground level, landing with his natural gift of graceful agility and silent step. He reached down to grab his chest plate, tucking his head between the plates so to pull it to his shoulders and secure it properly. After a bit of tugging with some minor adjustments the kiju secured his armor and went to grabbing his cloak, one that was tattered but still in-tact and useful for when he is trying to hide as much of his kiju traits as possible from an untrained eye. Kain paused to stare at it for a long minute, contemplating whether it was necessary for him to wear such a thing on a ship where everyone knew him by his first name. Regardless, he decided to go down the safe route and don the cloak.

Time passed until Kain was finally able to emerge from the crates he had lived behind for weeks now. Following his at first startled wake up routine the cloaked figure started into the familiar small labyrinth of ladders and corridors, nodding to every crew member that he encounters. He turned a corner during his journey to the top deck and was face to face with a Mork, one who he called friend in this world full of strange faces.

"Flighty feet! I'm sure yer ears already picked up on the 'ommotion, but 'Aptain thought ya might be interested in hearing the details!"

The kiju smiled and bowed slightly to the man. "Y-yes hello Nivek! I come to... Investigate, yes?" Kain said with uncertainty, unsure if he had used the term correctly, his accent portraying his kiju origin. "Details? I would like to hear." He smiled, proud of his second response that was without a moment's pause.

Said Mork rose a questioning eyebrow at the kiju, crossing his arms, "Aye, ya weren't trying to sneak out, now were ya?"

Kain blinked for a moment, once processing what the man was asking the kiju's eyes widened. "Me? Nono, I was going to ahm… See what the commotion was about." He grinned nervously and rubbed the back of his neck before he continued. "Besides, I always came back on time! Except for…" The kiju trailed off, unsure how to say what was on his mind. The Mork possibly knew what past event he spoke of.

"Uh-huh," Nivek said unamused, "Ya do realize that if even a single human 'atches a whiff of ya presence, ya'll be dead meat in seconds, yah?" He gave a flick on the fox's nose, then put an arm around his shoulder, turning them both to head back to the depths of the ship. "As fer the 'omotion, whatcha heard already?"

Kain flinched at the flicking of his nose, his hands instinctively going up to cover his muzzle so to prevent any future nose flicking. He didn't protest as much to the man turning him towards the safety of the ship. "That's if the humans catch me, sir." He chuckled quietly, taking a moment to rub his nose before he continued. "I haven't heard much. Not even from the… How do you say… Scuttlebucket? Nono.. Scuttlebutt. I just woke up less than a hour ago when I heard a loud bang from up top, sir." The kiju waited for the Mork to begin walking and followed by his side. He knew he could trust Nivek's word. The Mork hasn't steered him in the wrong direction yet. Why would he now?

Nivek burst into uncontrollable laughter that shook his whole frame. It took him a minute to get the giggles under control and then some more time to catch his breath before he could speak again, "Flighty feet, I'm amazed ya managed to stay alive fer so long, dear Staarn! Ya sure sleep like a rock!" he let out a few more chuckles, "So the long story short – there's some other kiju on the loose, so everyone's buzzing like flies. Ya-" he gave another friendly poke at Kain, "-really don't wanna go out there right now. In fact, 'Aptain's ain't all that sure they won't try to pry this ship board by board, so even below deck ya should stay alert, ya feeling me?"

Kain nodded and smiled with uncertainty, unsure of an appropriate response to the Mork's laughter. Upon being given the current events lecture the kiju perked up in a sense, his eyes widening at the news. "Kiju here?" He blurted out, his maw hanging agape as if he were about to say more, but he didn't know what exactly to ask, questions now stirring in his head. Half of him wanted to see who this other kiju might be, for he hadn't seen another of his kin for a long time, however the other half convinced him otherwise. "... I see. I'll be sure to prepare my contingency plan should the guards board for an inspection." His nose scrunched slightly as he folded his arms across his chest. He hated the plan he had crafted… It was always difficult to get the stench of week old potatoes in tropical heat out of his clothes.

"I 'now, wild," the Mork agreed, patting the other on his back, "Ya do that, Imma go look how's the 'Aptain doing, had a guest last time I saw him." Nivek was halfway down the hall when he suddenly twirled back around to shout after Kain, "Oh! And we leaving port tomorrow, at dawn from what I heard!" and with that he left for the deck.

Kain's head bobbed up and down in an affirming nod, his gaze following Nivek as the Mork walked down the hall. His ears did a noticeable twitch when the man spoke of a guest and their plans for tomorrow, but that was the only reaction he could afford before the man turned and left for the deck, leaving the kiju alone in the small corridor. He stared at the direction Nivek went; the direction to fresh air and danger, then he looked back the way he came; safety and solitude. There was a long minute of silence, but with a resigned sigh the kiju made his decision. His back turned towards the direction Nivek went as he returned to the depths of the ship once more.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
Viaryn

Much to his surprise, Viaryn felt a paw rest atop` his head, quickly delivering several pats before retreating back to the body it was attached to. Despite the language barrier between the two, Viaryn's attitude slightly elevated at the gesture initiated by his furry guest. He adjusted himself in his seat as he continued to watch the exchange between Ashfa and Zonran and took stock of the expression that he made when Ashfa began to speak a modicum of a language that the half-kiju seemed to understand. A few minutes later, Zonran gave a nod and indicated that he would be staying in the house while the pair left to send the guards on a wild goose chase for their quarry. Slipping into his coat once more, Viaryn pulled his shoes on and opened the door, waiting for Ashfa to walk out. Following behind her, the duo made their way back into town with tufts of Zonran's fur, scattering it along a path through various alleyways that lead into the woods. Making sure to stay out of view from the few patrols that were busy scouring the town, they combed the alleyways that led back to Mr.Hegdar's shop looking for any sign of a bow that belonged to Zonran, according to his companion. Viaryn's eyes scanned along the Alas their their efforts amounted to nothing as there was no sign of the weapon anywhere. Nevertheless, the two managed to succeed in their primary objective and returned to the house in order to reconvene and determine the next course of action, which happened to be getting Zonran to a safer location.

((Will format later!))
Kain Ironclaw

Time had passed, seconds creeping into minutes as Kain made his way through the ship's corridors. His fox like ears picked up whispers, rumors that the ship was about to start another voyage very soon. Whether or not they were true had no weight on the young kiju's shoulders. One thing was for sure, he was more than ready to leave this hostile port. It was no secret that the locals here didn't like his kind, and he cared not for their feelings, but there was a feeling of unease knowing that the whole ship could be in danger simply because of his presence. Regardless, he hid his worries and burdens well as he went to search for the ship's cook. By now there would either be a hot meal or cold leftovers, either way he'd be content to eat something since he had woken up.

With a new objective established the kiju had a slight transition of posture. Kain appeared to be in his more natural state; a hunter looking for food. In some cases he was on all fours, his nose twitching as he sniffed the air for the scent of cooked food. Every now and then he was able to anticipate a crew member approaching and in a flash he'd quickly straighten up and return to a more civilized posture for a brief moment before he was back at it. Despite his attempts to hide his prowling at a moment's notice, a few of the crew members would get a glimpse of the kiju stalking the cargo bays and halls, searching for the ship cook and wherever tonight's meal was designated to be eaten at.

The remnants of food's delightful smell came from the sleeping quarters of the core crew, but upon Kain's arrival there all he found was happy faces and empty plates. Apparently the meal had been served a while ago and by now everyone was done and either getting ready to sleep or go out and swap places with elves still on duty. Most Mork smiled and laughed at Kain's late arrival directing him towards the kitchen if he hoped to still find some scraps to sate his hunger until breakfast was given out at dawn. One even trust an armload of dirty bowls to the kiju hooting for him to carry them to the kitchen if he was going there anyway.

The ship's kitchen left a lot to be desired, it was small and cramped, a lot of the cooking tools hanging off of walls dangerously to save space. At a corner by a big wooden trough filled with soapy water, a skinny human and an even skinnier Mork was washing the dishes grumbling to each other how much they hated getting wet. The ship's cook, a well-built elf perhaps even rivalling the captain in terms of strength and height, was rummaging through a tiny cupboard swearing angrily at how cramped the place was and how impossible everything was to find. Everyone seemed preoccupied enough that no one noticed the fox's arrival.

As he stepped in the young kiju's eyes peered around the room, his gaze catching a glimpse of his surroundings. He was quick to unload his newfound burdens, setting the stack of dishes down next to the disgruntled mork and human. They'd shoot a glare at his direction, which he was quick to respond with an apology before he started snooping around the kitchen for any leftovers. Eventually he'd bump into the chef, his ears folding back as he recoiled back a few steps before peering up at the massive cook. He wasn't sure what to exactly say. Instead the kiju flashed a uncertain, comical grin up at the man. As if it were a stroke of fate, the fox's stomach growled at that very second, betraying his state of hunger.

"Missing dinner again, aye?" The cook snorted, attempting a scowl on his face, but it didn't hold for more than a few seconds before he broke into a grin, "Ya keep snoozing fer so long and ya'll starve to death," he grumbled half-heartedly, trying to squeeze past the small fox in an attempt to get to the other side of the kitchen. After some awkward manoeuvring and flattening against the wall and cupboards, the Mork managed to get through in order to go rummaging in the tiny store room. It took him a couple minutes, but eventually the tall elf returned with a plate of dried meat slices, a little cheese and a tear of bread in one hand, a bottle of what presumably was beer in another. He offered the two to the kiju, though didn't allow him to leave just yet. A look into a barrel and he produced a couple of peaches that the cook also dumped onto Kain's plate, "That'll last ya till sunrise?"

The young kiju during the interaction was going through a roller coaster of emotions from panic to embarrassment to relief in the end. Upon being given such a bountiful bit of leftovers the fox's eyes widened with a glint of excitement in them. He reached out and carefully took the plate and drink, his nose twitching as he brought the drink to his snout and sniffed it while the chef dropped a few pears onto his plate. Kain then flashed a wide grin, his meal of the day now secured. "Y-yes… Thank you." He bowed before the chef and started out the door, hurrying back to his small hideout in the depths of the ship.

Upon his return to where his night began, Kain looked around to notice a crate that was a perfect size to be improvised as a table. He'd walk over to the crate, his tail swishing actively left to right as he placed his meal on the table. There, the young kiju would begin enjoying his food, going through each portion in a methodical, balanced manner. From the meat, to the bread and cheese, to the peaches, Kain was quick to fill the gaping void that was his stomach. He climbed into his hammock and sat on the edge with the bottle resting in both of his hands on his lap. Despite all the commotion, he was now well fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.