Yawar - the world of adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viaryn

It had completely slipped his mind that Mr. Bedlam had returned as Viaryn almost stumbled out of his chair. The man had carried in some large cargo. Most likely some more collectible items he had purchased or traded for. The young man's full attention, however, had been placed on Ashfa. He covered his container and turned his attention towards his boss who had already made his way over to them and was engaged in conversation with Ashfa. She placed a couple of interesting containers filled with various ointments onto the counter and began to explain the purpose of each. They were truly interesting to see, especially since he had never seen anything like it before. Mr. Bedlam mentioned Hegdar's shop and he immediately lit up.
"Oh yeah! He would surely have a use for all of this!" He stood up and ran his finger down a shelf of books, stopping at one in particular and pulled it out. Inside of it was a map of the current town area and Viaryn pointed out the location of Hegdar's shop. "It would probably take maybe 15 minutes to get from here to there. I don't mind taking you there," he said as he stepped out from behind the counter. Taking another glance at his boss, he nods towards his recent addition to his collection, "It's a really nice haul you got Mr. Bedlam. I'm glad you were able to get it. I left today's earnings in the case on the shelf and made sure to take note of inventory and the like. I'll be back though!" With that, he opened the door for Ashfa and went on his way.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie

dc0d97123942d2df747762fdc2b66b5f.png

Truthfully, Ashfa was glad for the positive words. The day had started out pleasant and then taken a nose dive into despair. In a busy city like this, pleasant and helpful people were hard to find, but it seemed, miraculously, she had managed to not only find nice folks, but helpful ones to boot who would go out of their way to help help. Once she met up with Ylva, she was most certainly going to return to the shop and buy something, if only because they had taken the pains to help her out. A good favour had to be returned, after all.

"Thank you," she said to Mr. Bedlam, bowing her head in respect before leaving the shop. It was true enough that the day's heat was intensifying- she could only imagine how her northern friend might be tolerating the head, or not. Ashfa had grown up around this sort of climate, so despite her travelling she was for the most part comfortable enough.

As she followed Viaryn, she figured it would be polite to make a little conversation at least. "Uhm... thank you too," she started, fiddling a little with the straps of her backpack as she spoke. Years ago she would have remained quiet until addressed, but she had learned that no matter how shy she was, she had to be able to come up with words is she wanted to be taken seriously. "You've been helpful... even thought you don't know me... I can't imagine how many more you have to meet per day... I mean, like the woman from before... it must be tiresome at the end of the day."

She looked his way and offered a smile. "Uhm... so it must be exciting... living so close to port. Do you often visit the docks?"

Viaryn

He'd lived here for years, but the blazing heat always got to him. Viaryn wiped sweat from his brow and took a swig from his canister of water. He was currently leading Ashfa to Hegdar's shop in hopes of being able to get her wares sold for some coin. The walk itself wasn't all too bad, but the heat was definitely a concern. Viaryn wrapped his prosthetic arm with his coat to protect it from burning him and shoved it inside his bag. He tied his left sleeve in a knot and turned to face Ashfa as she spoke, thanking him for accompanying her. "Ah. It's no problem really," He chuckled and sighed, "Yeah. Sometimes it does become a little too much to handle, but for the most part, it's not too bad. I've always managed to meet interesting people. Like you, for instance."

The number of people began to dwindle as most would find a way to escape the sunlight and into buildings like clothing stores or restaurants. "Hm? I've been to the ports a couple times. But mostly when I was younger. My dad used to sail in from his expeditions and mom would take me to greet him. Haven't been back since he passed," A sad look would appear on his face for a moment before he would snap out of it and lighten his mood, "But! I've just been busy with work that's all. Doing my best to support me and mom." They rounded the corner and he stopped, gesturing at a building across the street, "This is it, come on." As they approached the door, he would push it open for Ashfa and trail in after her.

9ce6ad12a3223ec3f6d238e2716e2e1c.png

The heat in the sun had become nearly unbearable and was seriously hampering Ylva's search for the ocean. It was too hot to be in direct sunlight for more than a few moments. Ylva had been reduced to moving from doorway to doorway, seeking out even the tiniest slivers of shade for some respite. Several times she took streets that seemed to go in the wrong direction because they were narrower and therefore had slightly more shade.

It was in one of these slightly shadier streets that Ylva felt a hand land heavily on her shoulder. She had to suppress the instinct to punch the hands owner and run in the other direction. From experience she had learned that was rarely the best course of action, however much it felt like the appropriate thing to do. Talking was ordinarily the better way and so she allowed the gentle pressure of the hand to spin her around. The sight of a well equipped soldier directly in front of her with another hurrying along the street to catch up was easily enough to make Ylva question her policy of not running. Already her heart was pounding and her stomach was tying itself in knots but externally she tried to maintain a look that suggested mild irritation.

"Ma'am, may I bother you for a moment? Just a quick question – have you seen anything unusual today?"

It took Ylva a moment to comprehend the question she'd been asked. It lacked the accusatory tone she had been prepared for. Still it was an straightforward question to deal with. If these soldiers were desperate enough for information that they were just stopping people on the street then hopefully they wouldn't want to hang around.

"Err sorry no, nothing that I can think of." Ylva flashed the soldier a vaguely apologetic grin and was about to go about her business when the man's compatriot caught up to them.

"Aren't you hot in such a heavy garb?"

Once again Ylva found herself momentarily speechless as her mind scrambled to deal with another question that she been in no way prepared for. What kind of question was it for a soldier to ask? Didn't they have useful to be doing?

"I need to keep the sun off." Ylva pulled up a sleeve slightly so the inside of her wrist was showing. For her, this patch of skin was relatively tanned, but compared to most of the people around here it almost unbelievably pale. "When I get time I'll invest in something lighter. For now, as long as I stick to the shade, it is not too bad."

"Would you like some water, miss?"

Ylva accepted the water gratefully, if they were going to be friendly she might as well accept their hospitality. Her lips were cracked from the heat and the water, warm as it was, was a welcome relief. After taking a few measured gulps Ylva handed the flask back to the soldier.

"Thanks. Another flask is something else I ought to get myself when I can." It was while the man was re-pocketing the flask that an idea occurred to Ylva. If these two were in the mood to be helpful she might as well take advantage. "Would either of you be able to give me directions to a good place to buy some clothes and other supplies? I've been wondering around here and not seen anything promising so far."

"That would be most kind. Thank you."

The enthusiasm with which the pair offered to steer her to the market had Ylva somewhat taken aback. In her experience guards performed their duties with coolly dispassionate efficiency; not out of any love for the job, but because time spent dealing with criminals was time they couldn't spend having a quick drink and a quiet smoke. Guardsman prepared to be tremendously helpful was almost disconcerting. A small part of her wondered if this wasn't a con where they would lead her to a dead end alley somewhere and then try to shake her down. She didn't give that idea to much credence, though. Ylva liked to think she was reasonably competent at reading people and all she was getting from these two was well meant but misplaced helpfulness.

The journey from the fetid depths of the docks to the market on the cliff above took much less time than Ylva imagined it would have. After just a few turns she was pretty sure that she could have found the way herself. For the sake of appearances though, she made a show of still appearing lost. As she climbed the path up the hill, Ylva enjoyed the gentle breeze that rolled in-off the sea that just hadn't existed in the twisted maze of the docks. It wasn't much against the ferociousness of the sun, but it did take the edge off of the midday heat.

When the group reached the top of the path and the spot where Ylva had parted ways with Ashfa for the day; Ylva was relieved to see that her friend wasn't waiting for her. Potentially Ash could have compromised Ylva's cover as a hapless foreigner although Ash was smart enough that that was only a minimal risk. The real relief for Ylva was that Ash was being spared needless worry that seeing two guards leading her friend somewhere would surely cause.

The next thing Ylva knew she was looking along the principal thoroughfare of the city market. It was a scene that was at the same time familiar and entirely alien to Ylva. The guards had been telling the truth about how the city almost shut down during the middle of the day. Where before she had had to almost fight every step of the way to make progress along this street such had been the crowds; now the road was utterly abandoned.

Ylva soon found herself in backstreets once again as she followed her guides towards whatever establishment they had in mind for her. The backstreets up here however where a world apart from those of the docks area.It was as the shorter of the two guardsmen called back to her and pointed at a building they were approaching that Ylva sensed movement. Looking to the rooftops, she glimpsed an impossibly large figure flailing before falling backwards out of sight and for a moment her stomach tightened. She couldn't be sure what she had seen, the harsh sunlight having somewhat blinded her. However in a morning of dealing with well built and burly men she had only seen one figure that was quite so massive.

Ylva pondered how it had found its way up and away from the docks, though she did so silently. There was no point alerting the guards to its presence. That would only cause trouble. Moreover she had no reason to wish ill on the creature even if it worryingly large, in fact that was a reason to deliberately not wish ill on it. Why antagonise it, whatever it was. Instead Ylva continued to play her part in the inconsequential chit chat between her and the guards as they ushered her into what looked like a shop of sorts; her eyes blinking as she tried to acclimatise to the relatively gloomy interior.​

Viaryn

Viaryn entered the shop behind Ashfa letting the door slowly come to a close. His eyes would scan the inside of the shop in all of its messy glory. It was an interesting setup indeed and Viaryn smiled softly at Ashfa, "Well here we are." He continued to look around the shop, taking notice of the things that changed since the last time he visited. The young man walked around her and took a couple steps forward, reaching the front desk tapping the bell on the counter in order to get the attention of the older gentlemen currently on the ladder. "Um...Mr. Hegdar, sir. Do you remember me? I've brought someone with me who would like to speak with you." Viaryn called out, hoping he hadn't startled him. Turning back to Ashfa, he motioned for her to come forward, "She has the most curious items. Most of which I believe you will find very intriguing indeed." Shifting to the side to give Ashfa space to spread her wares, he would await a response from the older gentleman. While Hegdar spoke with Ashfa, Viaryn would move off to the side and watch from afar.

He turned his attention to a shelf of ointments and read each label.
"Sir? Do you think there would be any ointment or rub for relieving lingering pain? Specifically, something that would help alleviate pain from my arm?"

Ashfa could certainly sympathize with Viaryn. She too had lost not just one parent, but both at a young age. It had been difficult, but she had survived and become strong in her own fashion. From the way Viaryn talked, it was quite clear the same could be said for him. It was admirable, in fact, to see him so cheerful and full of life, as well as doing something to support his mother rather than the opposite. It was refreshing to see someone who, rather than brood, was trying to make the best of what life offered.

She smiled and nodded her thanks when he pushed the door open, quickly heading inside the shop. The scent of flowers and herbs hit her immediately and her smile widened. This smells just like Nazir's home used to, she thought to herself. A sense of nostalgia rolled over her, and her eyes stung as tears tried their best to escape. However, Ashfa managed to force them away, reminding herself that she was here for a reason and not just to reminice.

It was certainly larger than any herbal shop she had ever been to, and Ashfa was quite sure that there were probably all sorts of flora in here that she had yet to make acquaintance with. That thought unfortunately brought up an unpleasant thought.

What if he has better than what I want to sell? No, he probably does...

The man seemed to not have noticed them, it seemed, in his own world on the ladder, humming and tending to his plant. Should she call out to him, or would she startle him? He had to be used to people coming in while he was up on the ladder, right?

"Uhm... hello?" she finally called out. "Uhm... Mr. Bedlam told us to come here... I have something to sell."

Ashfa remained silent as Mr. Hedgar spoke to Viaryn, using that time to carefully and quietly remove her backpack and place it on the ground, opening the latch and untying the drawstrings. Once more she pulled out both jars of ointment as well as the bottle of tincture, placing it on the counter. By the time she was done, the older man addressed her.

"Oh.. uhm yes..." For a moment she watched the chair he had seated himself in, never having seen a contraction like that aside for large carts and wagons a person could sit on. Flushing when she realized she had been staring, she hastily pushed the jars and bottle closer to the old man.

"Uhm, these two... they're for itchiness due to heat and mosquitoes... even other insects. It helps relieves stinging even." She then pointed to the jar. "That's for coughs and sore throats..." She looked away from her meager wares to the old man. "Uhm... I know you already have plenty but... perhaps you may be able to buy these?"

So far he seemed as friendly as Mr. Bedlam and Viaryn, unlike that large lady from earlier, but she really wouldn't be surprised if the man told her they had no need. After all, why spend money for something you already had? Still, she had a hopeful look on her face. Even a little bit of earned money would be better than having absolutely nothing.

For the moment though, she chose silence and let Viaryn speak, looking at him curiously. She couldn't imagine having to utilize a prosthetic limb. How long had he had it? And what had caused him to have to use one?

• Sweet
Reactions: Giltine13 and Applo

Ylva looked from the woman behind the desk to the rooms on either side of her, and then finally to the door, still swinging from the guards departure. She hadn't planned to waste the day away in an establishment like this, but then she hadn't planned to have spare time to waste. Part of her wanted to out and look for Ashfa but she knew that idea was a non-starter. For one thing, where would she even begin looking. Ylva knew her friend well enough to make some guess as to the sort of shops Ash might visit, but on her journey up here everything had been closed up. No, the only thing she'd gain from going to look for Ash was perspiration.​
"Just somewhere to rest and something to drink if you will."
Anyway Ylva thought, she had to wait here at least a little while until her new friends had had time to wander suitably far away. Pretending to be a hapless tourist had worked once. Relying on it twice would definitely be pushing her luck. It wasn't like she had any reason to think that Ashfa was in trouble, there was still plenty of time till they had agreed to meet. The girl was probably off enjoying the comforts of the city before it was time to hit the road again. Ylva knew she should take the opportunity to do the same.​
After collecting a drink from the bar, Ylva made her way into the room that had looked more like a lounge. She sat down at a table with a deck of cards. She wasn't a wiz with the cards. She'd never quite seen the point. They had never really featured as a form of entertainment when she was growing up and pretty much all the scams you could run with a deck of cards were known to every man, woman and child. Something that only worked on the terminally stupid and the cheap thrill seeker looking to lose an impos or perhaps a few unis was no way to make a living. Still there was something satisfying and soothing about shuffling the cards, sorting them into sets and then shuffling them again. As a bonus she could also do a bit of people watching at the same time.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Viaryn
Upon hearing Hegdar's reply, a toothy grin spread across Viaryn's face as he watched him descend from his ladder and wipe his glasses. "Meant no disrespect sir," He said apologetically and chuckled at his remark about Mr. Bedlam. Slinging his bag off of his shoulder, Viaryn unbuttoned the sleeve and rolled it up revealing his arm. While he did that, Ashfa proceeded to present her wares once more for the day. At the base, there was a metal cap with clamps affixed to it that had a socket where the arm would be attached to. He looked at Hegdar and showed him the area after undoing the clamp, his finger tracing along white lines akin to nerves running along the sides. Afterwards, he pulled out the prosthetic and set it down, showing him how it all connected for reference.

"It's a little bit of both. This one's a little special... I made it myself and I'm still trying to figure out a little issue, but outside of it chaffing a bit, I do get lingering pain from the injury sometimes. It, uh..." The boy paused for a moment, his face scrunching up as he searches for the word to properly describe his symptom. "Ah! It stings and then gets numb with a slight tingle If it helps,"

With that, he returned the arm into his bag and rummaged around for his wallet. As he did, he would pose the question,
"If you did have anything that could help, how much would it be?" Viaryn looked to the older gentleman after retrieving his wallet and checking it's contents. "First things first though, what say you about her wares? I reckon you have yet to see anything like this yet." He said with hint of hope coating his words.

So Hedgar liked her potions! Ashfa couldn't help but smile as she listened and nodded to his words, flushing yet again when she was called cute. She didn't know if she agreed with that, but she did see sense in the rest of his statement. It was true, she could use someone to hype up her products a bit more than she did. Ylva was good enough at making sure people bought things, though she had her own merchandise to sell; as Ashfa didn't really involve herself in the shadier parts of her friend's life, she didn't expect Ylva to be her salesperson. The problem was when you were shy and soft-spoken, it was really hard to counter hagglers bent on saving a measly couple of coins.

That being said, Ashfa was more than content with the price Hedgar offered her. It was true that normally she would sell them a little more expensive than seven impos, but it made sense that in a big city like this prices would have to be a little lower due to all the competitors in the business. There was also the fact that beggars couldn't be choosers, and right now getting even that much was a big deal for a person who had been hoodwinked out of her money.

After Hedgar returned with his ware and finished explaining the effects to Viaryn (which she listened to carefully, her curiosity piqued), Ashfa at last spoke up. "Um, Mr. Hedgar... I agree to the price of seven impos... Uhm... You are right that I should probably promote these better. Normally... Well, I'm a traveller and I don't stay in one place more than a few days so..." Her voice trailed momentarily before she continued onward. "I will keep your advice in mind for the futu-"

She was interrupted by a sudden loud sound, causing her to visibly jerk in shock, eyes widening as she turned around looked for the source. Heart beating rapidly as she now heard barking as well as other sounds, she spoke up. "Wh-what was that?" Her voice dropped to a whisper. "Thieves?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo

Taking in her surroundings and the beings that populated it, Ylva couldn't help but admire the unique genius behind this venture. In this small room alone there were peoples from around the world. All of them, herself included having parted with coin simply for somewhere to shelter from the midday heat. She supposed there must be places like this all through the city that locals frequented. The owner of this one though had clearly realised there was money to make from outsiders, of which there must be a fair few in a port city like this. The cynical part of Ylva's mind wondered if this was all there was to the business. She could think of a handful of less than lawful purposes that an establishment like this could be used to facilitate, smuggling for instance. Strangers to the city could walk in and out of here all day and no one would bat an eyelid.​
It was as potential business ideas flitted through Ylva's mind that she heard a muffled thud. Looking up, more out of instinct than anything else she could see that a few of her fellow patrons were also seeking the source of the noise. As she was about to dismiss the noise and go back to her cards, the young boy who had been engrossed in a book when Ylva had entered suddenly scuttled past her. His journey ended with his nose pressed to the grubby glass of the room sole small window. At first Ylva tried to ignore the boy, but eventually idle curiosity got the better of her. He had been there sometime, clearly he had seen something.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Viaryn
A tiny gasp escaped Viaryn's mouth after hearing Hegdar's response to his statement. "That sounds interesting! I want to travel one day." The young man watched as the shopkeeper retrieved several containers after speaking once more with Ashfa and complimenting her wares. The older gentleman made a remark about his marketing skills and he gave a bashful smile, "What can I say, 's all thanks to Mr. Bedlam and his eccentric personality. I just watch him is all." Viaryn turned to Ashfa, "But I would be happy to oblige your requests whenever you're around!" Hegdar returned carefully carrying five glass containers of ointment and set them on the counter. Pointing at the first one, he would begin to explain each and their potency. Viaryn furrowed his brow as he stared at each container pondering his decision for several minutes. His hand rested on top of the second containers lid, "This one it is then. Better safe than sorry as my mother says."

The young man dips his hand into his wallet and pulling out a thin metal plate with a colored 10 engraved on it and set it down,
"This would be enough, yes?" Immediately after asking, a loud bang shook the establishment and the door shook. Barking and other noises could be heard outside as more thudding sounds could be heard. Viaryn's head turned to face the door and looked to Ashfa as she whispered to herself, "By the sounds of it, it might be the guards chasing something. Or someone." Setting his wallet down, he put his prosthetic back on, grunting at the sudden tingle caused by reattachment and flexed his fingers. He walked over to the door, pushing it open slightly to get a better look at what was going on outside.

• Sweet

"W-wait, Viaryn-" It was too late, however. Whatever else she could think of saying was stuck in her mouth as she simply stared at the person who entered the store and shut it behind themselves. They were big- no, they were huge, taller than any human Ashfa had ever seen. But then again... Her heart was beating against her chest, remeniscent of a galloping horse. This person was no human, but she couldn't quite make out what it was. Kiju was the first thing that came to her mind, but even then this person didn't look much like the slave Kiju she remembered from her childhood. In fact, when she finally managed to calm herself a little, she could see there was human there as well.

Of course, all of this observation happened very quickly, and her eyes landed on the long sword that had more than enough traces of blood on it. Hand shaking, she reached in her pocket and pulled out her knife, holding it before her as she rushed to stand next to Viaryn. The size of her knife versus the sword was comical, much like her size versus that of the person with the sword, but for now adrenaline was rushing through Ashfa's veins, and she wouldn't back down. She doubted Ylva would, and since her companion wasn't here at the moment, she had to do something.

"Wh-Who are you?!" she demanded, voice shaking as much as her hand. "Why- why are they after you? Whose b-blood is that?!"

• Creative
  • Love
Reactions: Applo and Giltine13
Viaryn

Curiosity took over as Viaryn peeped out the door to find the source of the commotion. His eyes scanned about the are until he saw someone. It was a person? The darkness only portrayed a silhouetted figure, nearly human in form, but not quite. The figure was larger, much larger and bulkier than an average man. It paused for a moment, taking note of the door that Viaryn had opened, only to be nicked on the cheek by a blade held by a guard. There were two of them currently engaged in combat, neither side making it easy for the other. In an instant, Close the door and lock it. Quickly. But it was too late. Pointing out his mistake, the lad heard the soft voice of Ashfa also warn him against the action, only to fall on deaf ears. By the time he had made the move, the mysterious figure wrenched the door open, knocking him back and nearly tumbling over. Attempting to regain his balance, Viaryn grabbed onto the counter and pulled himself upright, his eyes returning to the door and their new guest. Ashfa came to his side, knife held in her hands as she demanded identification from their new guest, who loomed over the pair with a bloodstained blade in hand. He felt the creature's eyes pierce into his very being, its attention centered around the boy, but it wouldn't last that way for long. He slightly lowered himself into a more suitable position for movement and shifted his stance to something more akin to a defensive posture. Push come to shove, he would ensure that both Hegdar and Ashfa got out before he did. Not taking his eyes off of the creature, Viaryn called out to Hegdar, "Uh, there wouldn't by any chance happen to be another exit I suppose?"

• Sweet

With her face pressed to the window, Ylva squinted, trying to see through the slats of the shutters. The street, or at least what she could see of it however was empty now. Whatever happened was still going on, though, Ylva was sure of it. There was a rhythmic thumping noise from somewhere out of view, quieter than the noise that had first attracted her attention but definitely not an imagined one. She was equally certain she could hear someone saying something, but the words were to muffled to make out.

"Auntie, you won't be-... Ugh.. Sorry, can I, ah, can I help you?"

Ylva returned the boys stare with one of her own. He had got to the window significantly before her she thought. Perhaps he had seen what had happened before everything moved out of view. Ylva knew she should go and sit back down in her seat. She could feel eyes glancing at her. Still, her curiosity was pricked now, she'd come this far, she might as well see it through.

"What ya see out their kiddo?"

• Bucket of Rainbows

It was very hard to make sense out of what was happening, but from what Ashfa could easily and quickly put together, the intruder was being chased, and if that blood was indeed truly his, then it very well meant that those outside wouldn't worry too much if he ended up dying. And if they think we're helping him, they're going to punish us too!
Viaryn had the right idea. What they needed was to leave the shop before they all got in trouble over someone they didn't know and was clearly on the wrong side of the law. She could hear Mister Hedgar calling out that there indeed was an exit. She turned her head slightly to look at the younger man and then to the shopkeeper before returning her dark gaze the Kiju's way. Something didn't seem right though, and the frustrated look on her face along with panic at the increasing thumps on the door were clear for anyone to see.​
He hasn't he killed us yet. He had a sword at his disposal and could have easily dispatched all of them if he had a choice, yet he wasn't. In fact, it seemed despite being hurt, he was actually trying to understand what they were saying. Once more she was reminded of the slave she had known while she was young; he had looked even more vicious than the current person before her, but he had never lifted a finger against her.​
Her teeth ground in frustration before she spoke. "The back! We need to go there. You-" she pointed to Zonran. "You come too! I can help your wounds!" Without waiting, she turned around and started in the general direction of the back exit. Even if he was a criminal, it wasn't as if she or Ylva had the cleanest records.​

• Creative
  • Sweet
Reactions: Giltine13 and Applo

Ylva looked the lady in the eye's and gave her her best smile.​

"There's no need to apologise. A fanciful imagination is a wonderful thing for a child to have. He is a credit to you." When the woman looked away for a moment Ylva flashed Rashaa quick wink. After what she had seen at the docks earlier, his account seemed entirely plausible to her. That being said, Ylva had no desire to insight the panic that the truth might cause or possibly be thought of as a mad woman for insisting she believed such a strange truth. The appropriate course was to act as she would if she hadn't seen the things she had earlier.​

After very visibly paying for another drink at the bar Ylva made her way back to her table and sat down, going back to idly playing with the cards. After a few minutes of this though she feigned boredom, stood up and walked over to one of the book shelves. Specifically the one nearest to where Rasha had settled. On her return journey, after picking a book that seemed halfway interesting, Ylva subtly dropped a fifty unis coin into the boy's lap while also rather less stealthily dropping the book as well.​

As she crouched down Ylva whispered, "If you see anything else interesting out there, be sure to let me know kid."

Last edited:
Viaryn

Viaryn's eyes remained planted on the stranger, who had suddenly barged into the shop. They shifted about his person, taking note of the bloodied blade and his words. Given how he responded, it was safe to assume that he couldn't properly speak their language fluently. He didn't fully trust the person, granted he was being pursued by guards, which simply screamed he was dangerous. Although he could have easily dispatched them all, the fact he didn't at least showed that they were either important as hostages or they weren't that important. Preferably, Viaryn hoped that it was the latter in this current situation. Hegdar's voice snapped Viaryn out of thought and the boy slowly nodded in response, confirming that there was a back entrance. Before he had the chance to say anything, Ashfa took the initiative and called out to everyone in the room and instructed them to make for the exit. Viaryn turned and stopped, motioning for their strange guest to proceed, before him. Primarily so he could keep an eye on him from behind, in case he decided to attempt anything suspicious.

• Nice Execution!

It wasn't long before Ashfa was out of the door and looking around for the next place to head out. At first glance it seemed as if they were trapped, and the young woman could feel panic beginning to set it, doubts littering her mind about whether it had been a good idea to help out the half Kiju or not. What seemed like minutes but were only a few seconds later, she caught sight of the arc that lead into a tunnel in the otherwise surrounded yard.

"That way!" she called out out, pointing rather enthusiastically as well, just in case the half Kiju didn't understand her, though until now he seemed to be doing well enough. She then looked around for Viaryn, hoping he too was following alongside. As she did, she could hear the sound of the guards as well as Hedgar, though she couldn't quite tell what the old man was saying. Either way, if they didn't move quickly, all of this would be for naught.

Once more she didn't wait, racing towards the arc, entering the tunnel that she quickly saw lead out into a street. Panting as she exited, she moved to the side, pressing herself against the wall as she waited for the other two. Her mind was in a turmoil- what were they going to do? They couldn't just keep running away, could they?

And where was Ylva?​

Status
Not open for further replies.