GROUP RP AD Yawar - the world of adventures (looking for more players!)

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Giltine13

The little Reaper
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Usually I come around in the weekends.
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
I usually prefer Passive if I'm not very familiar with the RP and its plot, or the current situation. However I can do Aggressive if time calls for it or I feel in my element.
Favorite Genres
I love fantasy, sci-fi and action, even romance if I feel it belongs there. I don't shy away from dark themes and violence, torture and other shady stuff. I love when it's well played out or nicely fits into a character's background. Apocalyptic, futuristic, medieval settings are my weakness. I also really like when cliches are turned around or done in an innovative way.
Genre You DON'T Like
I find slice of life/modern RPs really boring most of the time, though I can do anything if it has a plot I'm interested in.

YAWAR
The start of a new adventure

“Welcome, welcome! So the thrill of an adventure was too hard to resist after all, eh? Well, you picked just the right place – Yawar is so huge, even I haven’t managed to see every corner. There’s seas, oceans, jungles, deserts, cities, ruins and so much more to explore, treasures to find and, of course, friends to make! No adventure is complete without a few friendly faces that drive you completely nuts and make you fall over in giggles day in and day out. Besides, with such a dangerous lifestyle it is nice to have someone to protect your back. So now don’t go all shy on me, from today onwards, you’re a true adventurer!”

Thundering footsteps, shouts of vendors, screeches of overhead birds and the ever-present smell of salty water – this and so much more defines the city of Paitore. Surrounded by sparse forests from one side and a desert from the other, this city is densely packed with houses, shabby and barely standing ones at the edges, but the closer to the center you come, the fancier they get. The ones at the center could almost be called tiny castles. Then there are streets full of welcoming pubs and inns, the artisans and crafters’ corner, the bustling with life shopping market dominated by sea goods, and the lifeline at the other end of the city – Paitore’s huge harbour filled with ships and sailors. This is where your fate shall intertwine with a few other souls and you’ll begin another chapter of your life – a new adventure!

Our adventure shall take place in the world known as Yawar – it is a planet similar to ours, though it is warmer, more mountainous and forested. Use of magic is also one of the things that sets this place apart alongside the animals, who only slightly resemble what you would find on Earth. Besides them, the planet is dominated by the three main races: humans, elves and kiju. But you can find quite a few others, for example merfolk or faes, hiding in small corners of the world too. While the level of civilization is different amongst all of them, each one has certain aspects to remain on equal footing with the others.

I made this RP quite some time ago with a group of people and the characters already in mind and we have happily played ever since. However, our numbers thinned a little and we have been craving some new blood on the scene, which is why I'm making this advertisement tread! Currently we are looking for two people to join us, so if I have caught your interest, I advise you to go read our Info + CS tread (link at the very top of this post). We have a lot of lore and more is gonna come at some point, so I'd suggest to not read everything in one go. If you got any questions, concerns or anything you wanna tell me, feel free to post here, no need to join the discord until you are 100% or at least 90% sure you're going to join.
And just to put it out there, there is a chance you might not start in Paitore, sorry for the false advertisement, but I have no clue what other place it could be until I have the new characters on the table.

Edit: In case there are more people than two that are interested, the two people who get their CS accepted first will be the ones to join us. As a reminder, you need to get your approved by me before posting them in the CS index. You can post your unfinished CS here, or PM me them to get the approval to post. You character doesn't have to be completely finished for me to approve of them, but I have to get a very solid idea of who they are.   

Last edited:

sun.

I see ghosts stutter-stepping like strobe lights.
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Primarily Prefer Female
It varies, slight tendency towards passiveness. Can do either.
Favorite Genres
Anime-esque concepts, sci-fantasy, adventure, cyberpunk, high-fantasy, Victorian fantasy. comedy slice of life
Genre You DON'T Like
Pure romance, smut, koreaboo stuff, hard sci-fi
I'm interested. :) Just to make sure I got this right; am I correct to read a bit of a Monster Hunter vibe out of this?

Giltine13

The little Reaper
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate
I usually prefer Passive if I'm not very familiar with the RP and its plot, or the current situation. However I can do Aggressive if time calls for it or I feel in my element.
Favorite Genres
I love fantasy, sci-fi and action, even romance if I feel it belongs there. I don't shy away from dark themes and violence, torture and other shady stuff. I love when it's well played out or nicely fits into a character's background. Apocalyptic, futuristic, medieval settings are my weakness. I also really like when cliches are turned around or done in an innovative way.
Genre You DON'T Like
I find slice of life/modern RPs really boring most of the time, though I can do anything if it has a plot I'm interested in.
sun. sun.
Since I have no clue what Monster Hunter is, I'm going to have to say no XD

Wolfsbane706

Everything's better with figure skaters.
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, A Few Posts a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
All fuckin' day.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Passive-aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Modern, futuristic, magical girl
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, high fantasy, medieval
Would I be correct in thinking the tech level is roughly Victorian?

Giltine13

The little Reaper
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Wolfsbane706 Wolfsbane706
I suppose it would be somewhat around Victorian yes. If you're ever unsure if it flies or not, just ask me, because it's a lot easier to answer something specific than general.