Y Crisis: Part 1 (OOC)

B

BluePenguin

Original poster
(Feel free to ask me any questions, give suggestions, or ask me to better explain anything about this roleplay. Thanks.)

Backstory
<o:p> </o:p>

This story takes place on Earth in an alternate reality. The distant past has largely been left the same, although more and more changes have built up over time.
The first major change occurred around the time of the Napoleonic Wars. While the French Empire was still nearly pushed back to the borders that <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">France </st1:place></st1:country-region>has in our own reality, minus some extra territories that they managed to hold on to, they have retained a lot of the power and influence that Napoleon had brought them. This caused <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">France </st1:country-region></st1:place>to remain one of the greatest world superpowers.
The second major change happened during World War 2. <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Germany</st1:place></st1:country-region> hit a major roadblock as a result of the first major change; the French Empire. <st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany</st1:country-region> also held a lot of power, so these battles were intense, but <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Germany </st1:place></st1:country-region>never made it through the French lines. On the 20th of July, 1944, an assassination plot called Operation Valkyrie was a successful attempt on Hitler's life. <st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany </st1:country-region>ceased their assault on <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">France </st1:place></st1:country-region>soon after as peace treaties were created between these two nations and the rest of those involved. <st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany </st1:country-region>forged a strong partnership with <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">France</st1:place></st1:country-region> at this time and both of them were quick to get back on their feet.<o:p></o:p>
The third major change happened during the Cold War between the <st1:country-region w:st="on">United States</st1:country-region> and the <st1:place w:st="on">Soviet Union</st1:place>. A government agency was created as part ofthe United States Department of Defense known as the GEA, or "Genetic Enhancement Agency", in an effort to create super soldiers. This was known as Project Y, and it was so secretive that not even everyone in the government knew about it. To make a long story short, Project Y was a failure. They had engineered a virus that was supposed to alter the Y Chromosomes of men in order to enhance them, but such results were not seen. The Cold War was beginning to come to a close and no results were made even after multiple attempts, so at last Project Y came to a close as well. They didn't know that any harm was done, but they had in fact caused a mutation in the Y Chromosome that caused it to slowly deteriorate after being infected. The virus, while engineered to die off once the tests were completed, was also a failed measure so the virus managed to survive and began spreading through the air due to it's incredibly high level of contagiousness. The effects were not seen in that generation, so there was no response to stop the virus's rapid spread.
It was in the next generation that the effects were known. Out of all of the births, males made up only about 45% of the children, a number that may seem small but in actuality is quite dramatic. Some areas were worse then others, but soon enough even the normal areas began to experience the rapid drops in male birth rates as the virus continued it's spread. At last people discovered the virus responsible, but by then some places had already gone below 10%. Stopping the virus at this point was a near hopeless endeavor. The GEA had created it, but even to them these effects were inexplicable, so they had no way of knowing how to fix it. In hindsight they were just fools toying with a technology that they didn't understand at the time. If word got out tha tthey were behind this problem then it could cause problems, so they have withheld such information from the public.
The GEA was given a complete overhaul and reformatted into the GCA, or "Genetic Conservation Agency" meant to try and fix the Y Crisis. They employed a lot of bodyguards for men and scientists to try and figure this virus out, although success in their second goal has been minimal at best. Their "forced protection program" of men was met with some resistance at first, but in time the public went along with this after they managed to thwart some kidnap attempts on the men under their protection. Men were phased out of military roles as well as other dangerous tasks around this time while women have become the dominant sex.
World War 3

http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16440&d=1350951971
With scientists failing to control the Y Crisis, some countries are taking matters into their own hands, kidnapping men from other countries in order to sustain their own population. <st1:place w:st="on">Europe wa</st1:place>s the first continent to experience this turmoil. An alliance lead by <st1:country-region w:st="on">France,</st1:country-region> with allies <st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany </st1:country-region>and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Spain</st1:place></st1:country-region>, have initiated World War 3 by expanding their borders. <st1:country-region w:st="on">Belgium</st1:country-region>, the <st1:country-region w:st="on">Netherlands</st1:country-region>, and <st1:country-region w:st="on">Switzerland</st1:country-region> soon fell to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">France</st1:place></st1:country-region>. <st1:country-region w:st="on">Poland</st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Denmark</st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Austria</st1:country-region>, and the <st1:placename w:st="on">Czech</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">Republic </st1:placetype>fell to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany</st1:country-region></st1:place>. <st1:country-region w:st="on">Spain</st1:country-region> took <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Portugal</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Other countries are under siege as well by this triple threat.
A large French invasion across the English Cannel towards the <st1:country-region w:st="on">United Kingdom</st1:country-region> is about to be underway while <st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany </st1:country-region>continues to push east and <st1:country-region w:st="on">Spain </st1:country-region>is heading down into <st1:place w:st="on">Africa</st1:place>. However, these actions are not without counterattacks. <st1:country-region w:st="on">Russia </st1:country-region>is coming in from the east to combat <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Germany</st1:place></st1:country-region>. The <st1:country-region w:st="on">United States</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Japan</st1:place></st1:country-region> are coming in to fight against the aggressors as well.
Plot
<o:p>
</o:p>In Part 1 of Y Crisis, the roleplay will either focus on the war or the day to day aspects of the Y Crisis through our characters experiences while the war is waging off in the background. That's not to say that the war isn't going to be important in the second scenario.
There's a terrorist group known as the VoE that's most well known for kidnapping men. The plot of Part 1 can have them as the man bad guys if we go with the second scenario. A male character in our group can be one way to attract the danger and get us some action on occasion while we otherwise are going about our daily lives as best we can. Some characters may simply be caught up in this mess while others could intentionally be getting a piece on the action, such as GCA agents, scientists, or otherwise your character may be.
Other then this I'm leaving it up to us to decide how Part 1 will proceed.

Important Organizations

More organizations will be added as they get involved in the story. Feel free to create your own.

1. The Genetic Conservation Agency (GCA) was created in response to the deteriorating Y chromosome, coming out of the ashes of the Genetic Enhancement Agency. It's lead by Linda Mobel, the United States Secretary of Defense. While they employ a lot of scientists, their most well known role is to provide security for all males, providing at least one agent per male. This forced protection program, as the media calls it, has garnered alot of criticism, but has nevertheless been passed into law as a necessity. Their agents are well trained and have thwarted many kidnap attempts, thus cooling down a lot of the negativity surrounding the agency. The GCA agents usually wear business suits or other high class outfits. They sometimes wear body armor that looks like kind of like a SWAT uniform, but that's only if they go in looking for a fight. The most common weapon they use are handguns, although they can be trained in a wide variety of weapons and even unarmed combat. The GCA agents are generally more well trained then standard soldiers and have high tech equipment at their disposal.

Japanese agents will be cooperating with the GCA. More information about them will be listed here some time in the near future.

2. There's a terrorist organization called Vengeance of Eve (VOE) that is taking full advantage of the Y Crisis. Women of all nationalities are included within their ranks. They wear all black body armor/clothing in battle, and most battles they participate in are related to male kidnapping, often putting them at odds with the GCA. While not muh information about them is known, they are considered some sort of Feminazi extreamist group.
Technology
The technology will be from the future, but nothing overly sci-fi and certainly not unrealistic. A list will be added to this section at some point in the near future.

Rules/Information

1. Standard rules for this forum apply, such as god modding.

2. There are clearly some adult themes involved, but there's no need for graphic descriptions of your character's exploits in the realms of romance in the IC for all eyes to see. It's best to take these scenes to PMs and have the scenes fade to black in the IC. You can provide links for those who want to read it.
3. I won't jump on you for using some bad language every so often, but if it consists of half your dialogue then it gets way too annoying for me and I'll ask you to limit yourself.

4. You can have more then one character. If one of your character dies (remember that people can't kill off your character without permission, as part of rule #1), you can always come in with another character. Having an extra character or two and having suspense about if they will survive or not is a good idea, although I obviously won't force you to have characters get killed.

5. Have at least a paragraph per post with (probably) no maximum. The more descriptive the better in most cases. Don't write a 100 page essay, but I don't expect that will be an issue.
6. I hate a clutter of posts going back and forth with barely any content, such as single lines of dialogue being exchanged between characters. If you want to do so, please work it out in a PM between the people interacting, posting the completed conversation in a single post and explaining that this is what you did so we don't think you god modded. If you have other things to post while you're talking, such as describing your character looking around a room, you don't need to put it all into one post. This role is mainly for if all you're doing is small talk.

7. If you have a male character then you can still fight. However, make sure to keep it realistic if you go this route. Men can only legally be involved in combat in most countries by self defense or if they get an incredibly rare and special permit. To get said permit you have to have a very good reason and not just say in the post, "Eh, he wanted to fight for his country so he went to the government office and picked up the permit because she thought he looked tough enough and would be a great asset to his country." No....just no....

8. Feel free to jump into this roleplay at any time.
<o:p>
9. D'evil is a Co-moderator and can approve of your characters.

10</o:p>. More rules can be added if I think about it, but I'll only add something if there's a serious problem that needs to be addressed. I'll also give proper warning and be fair with this rule.

Character Sheet

You can use a different character sheet that you feel comfortable with, but make sure to include all of the information found in this character sheet in some way.

Name-
Age-
Gender- (Let's not have everyone be a male)
Nationality-
Occupation-
Appearance- (Physical description or a picture)
Personality-
Likes-
Dislikes-
Strengths-
Weaknesses-
Biography- (You don't want to reveal too much at the beginning if you don't want to)

Cast of Characters

None yet

Name- Lilian Rose
Age- 26
Gender- Female
Nationality- US of A
Occupation- Special Forces
Appearance-
Personality- Forcefull, strong willed, and bubbly all in one.
Likes- Candy, lots and lots of candy.
Dislikes- self loathing self righteous pricks.
Strengths- hand to hand, tough situations, and long range weapons
Weaknesses- waiting, following orders she doesn't like, and CANDY
Biography- Lilian grew up in a small town in Oklahoma. All her life, she was a military brat, her father a veteran from the navy and her brothers were preparing to go into the army. What she didn't know was the Y-Crisis made it rare to have four men, including her dad, in a household. So the government took them to a secret military base. A couple of years later, she joined the Special Forces and now is fighting in the war.

Will post a second, civilian, character.

I changed the character sheet so you don't need the family mentioned in it's own category. However, it could be relevent to mention in the biography if you have something unusual, such as a brother or family members important to the story.

My first sheet is done. Though, I'm still looking for a picture.

Bump. Not many people are joining this...

*Sniffle*

For your character fighting in the war, did you want it where the focus of this roleplay is on the war or are you planning on having her being deployed back home to help fight the VoE or something like that? I wouldn't mind either way.

The VoE would probably be a peaceful organization on the outside and probably have top secret agents. So, I don't see it as a war type thing at home.

I'll change the plot of part 1 to allow it to take place with the war as the main focus in that case. If nobody else joins, should we start it off like a 1x1 but allow other people to join? I can have a character in your squad as we are deployed into France.

I guess that could work. Hopefully more people will get interested. I'm sorry for the long wait on weapon tech. I've been busy.

Sorry for the wait. If you're still interested I'll start this up.