Xover [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, she's the one to be- hey, wait a minute, didn't I already kick your butt?!"

If she was honest, Makoto wasn't sure if she had faced Cody in the past. The chained-up blonde seemed familiar, and for some reason, she felt as if she knew him to be a fairly brutal fighter... but she couldn't put her finger on where they had fought. However, her eyes lit up in recognition as she thought back to the World Warrior tournament, and a smirk came to her lips.

"Wait a minute, I remember now! You're the guy who beat that Seth weirdo, then we fought there or here and..." She then paused and the smirk on her lips disappeared, her head tilting to the side with confusion, "I... I can't remember who won our fight."

"Hey, blondie, do you remember who w- What's the big idea?!" Hearing him question Kasumi about a challenge brought the girl back to reality with a furious expression as she leaned down to glare at him, "News flash, I challenged her first, which means I get to fight her first! Get in line, and wait your turn like an honorable fighter should!"

@Verite @Josh M

Scratching his head, Cody shrugged his shoulder.

"Can't say I remember either. Guess it wasn't that interesting."

Cody seemed not to have Care as he stretched his arms, a yawn came out of the man's mouth.

"Actually now that I'm thinkin' bout it, I think I beat you last time we fought."

As Makoto raged about who would fight Katsuni, Cody sighed.

"I'm always lookin' good fight, but I wasn't askin' for a fight, not right now. If she's as good you say she is kid, i'll face her sooner or later. Besides, if I beat her now, I'd be bored later"

It's not that Cody cared about winning the tournament, or the reward. Cody. Cody couldn't go back to the way things were. Jessica, Metro city, it was over. The only place Cody belonged was in a prison cell. Looking again Makoto, Cody would ask the young master a question

"Besides, look at me, kid. Do I seem like a guy with honor?"

@Verite @The Myrmidon @Jeremi

Last edited:
"You can't judge strength by appearance and demeanor alone," Parasoul commented, taking a seat on one of the couches. She idly swirled her wine glass. "Some of the strongest people I've ever met are those you wouldn't think are very strong at all." She remembered one little girl, with metal arms and a rather cartoonish way about her, who was very powerful. Then, of course, there was Bloody Marie, the current Skullgirl, just a child, really. She took a sip of wine. For all she knew, the boy asleep on the couch was the strongest of them all.

@Jeremi

"I was going to cite just the mount of fighters in this tournament would allow some to slip through the cracks." Venom stated. "But that is feasible."

As the fighters continued to converse they failed to notice that they were being watched through hidden cameras that have been placed all around the compound.

The signal was sent back to a mission room somewhere. The only human looking individual was a bald man looking at the giant screen that seemed to cover all the rooms in the house. Next to him stood an android with a feminine physique.

"I do not understand why you play this game with them."

"This is no game." The android responded. "They have gotten this far...and that should be rewarded. That's how you motivate them, Quan Chi."

Quan Chi only scoffed. This was not what he planned when he shared dimensional travel with Ultratech and their current CEO. "They are only fodder, Aria."

"I see them more as cattle who need to grow fatter." Saying that Aria moved away from the screen and to a shrine holding a mystical box. "Readings show that the energy has grown exponentially since the start of the tournament. Soon I'll be able to harness it's power."

"I think you mean us." Quan Chi was the one that brought this all together, even if with out Ultratech he would never have gotten as far as he has.

"I misspoke, of course. The contents of this box will give both of us what we want." She motioned towards the screen. "And we have all of them to thank for."

@Atomyk @Josh M @Yun Lee @The Myrmidon @thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @york @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Suddenly as the fighters continued to talk the huge TV flickered to life revealing a list.

Spinal vs Makoto

Lieselotte vs Linne

Min Min vs Hilda

Kasumi vs Parasoul

Honey Rose vs Cody

Venom vs Meitenkun

It seemed that the brackets had been revealed. This was the first time in the tournament that your opponent had been revealed before a match up, perhaps this was their way to say that the fight was drawing near?

@Atomyk @Josh M @Yun Lee @The Myrmidon @thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @york @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Hilda Rize

Even without the pair of beings she usually had to assist her, Hilda was quite the formideable opponent in battle... Her tactical sorcety brought her to where she was now, amongst the finalists in this multiversal fighting tournament, and her goal was so close she could grasp it, but even so, she still had a while to go before she could truly claim herself the victor in this situation.

Though, if she didn't manage win the prize by defeating all that stood before her, she still had to say that it felt great to be back into the swing of things once more, but... Unlike before, when she had come close to destroying humanity as she knew it, she took extra care not to lose control of her own powers, and succumb to that same madness that had consumed her before.

For the time being, while she wasn't experiencing the heat of battle, Hilda had decided to lounge around in well, the lounge... Sipping on some sort of soft drink as she sat there, trying to relax. After all, this was a luxury she had never had in her life, at least not since the Astral Impact, and she was certainly enjoying this moment of calm, before the storm that was the fighting tournament truly began.

When the TV in front of her flickered to life, displaying the matchups... Hilda quietly finished her drink and stood up, nodding a little at the screen before she went off to find Min Min... Looks like the first of the finals, was about to begin...​

Hilda Rize

Even without the pair of beings she usually had to assist her, Hilda was quite the formideable opponent in battle... Her tactical sorcety brought her to where she was now, amongst the finalists in this multiversal fighting tournament, and her goal was so close she could grasp it, but even so, she still had a while to go before she could truly claim herself the victor in this situation.

Though, if she didn't manage win the prize by defeating all that stood before her, she still had to say that it felt great to be back into the swing of things once more, but... Unlike before, when she had come close to destroying humanity as she knew it, she took extra care not to lose control of her own powers, and succumb to that same madness that had consumed her before.

For the time being, while she wasn't experiencing the heat of battle, Hilda had decided to lounge around in well, the lounge... Sipping on some sort of soft drink as she sat there, trying to relax. After all, this was a luxury she had never had in her life, at least not since the Astral Impact, and she was certainly enjoying this moment of calm, before the storm that was the fighting tournament truly began.

When the TV in front of her flickered to life, displaying the matchups... Hilda quietly finished her drink and stood up, nodding a little at the screen before she went off to find Min Min... Looks like the first of the finals, was about to begin...​
Min Min, who had now finished her second bowl of noodles, eventually found Hilda and smiled. The literal noodle armed fighter would offer a hand out to Hilda to politely shake it before the match.

"May the best fighter win!" She cheerfully exclaimed.

@york

Suddenly as the fighters continued to talk the huge TV flickered to life revealing a list.

Spinal vs Makoto

Lieselotte vs Linne

Min Min vs Hilda

Kasumi vs Parasoul

Honey Rose vs Cody

Venom vs Meitenkun

It seemed that the brackets had been revealed. This was the first time in the tournament that your opponent had been revealed before a match up, perhaps this was their way to say that the fight was drawing near?

Well, that was fast...Parasoul looked to Kasumi, giving her a polite nod. "It's an honor to fight against you," she said. And it was true-Kasumi seemed to be a girl of honor, as well as a strong fighter. It was going to be quite a match.

@Verite

Round 1…FIGHT!

Suddenly the competitors were transported to their fighting locations.

latest

Cody and Honey Rose found themselves on a harbor somewhere with people cheering them on.

@Josh M @Atomyk

Min Min and Hilda found themselves in the middle of a race track.

@thatguyinthestore @york

tower-of-arrogance.gif

Kasumi and Parasoul found themselves on the side of a tall skyscraper, strangely they weren't falling off the side despite standing vertically on it.

@Verite @Yun Lee

Spinal and Makoto found themselves in a lush forest.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Myrmidon

latest

Lieselotte and Linne found themselves inside a caged arena surrounded by shouting onlookers.​

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: York
Well, that was fast...Parasoul looked to Kasumi, giving her a polite nod. "It's an honor to fight against you," she said. And it was true-Kasumi seemed to be a girl of honor, as well as a strong fighter. It was going to be quite a match.

@Verite
tower-of-arrogance.gif

Kasumi and Parasoul found themselves on the side of a tall skyscraper, strangely they weren't falling off the side despite standing vertically on it.

@Verite @Yun Lee
Gingerly sliding her way out of the exchange between Makoto and Cody, it wasn't long until Kasumi and the others would be informed of the next sets of matches between the remaining contestants. Reading the name of her intended opponent, Kasumi was subsequently approached by said opponent, the woman identified as Parasoul, who seemed to be well-mannered enough, at least moreso than the other two who she had briefly interacted with before, less hot-headed, but also carrying an air of seriousness, for instance.

"Ah... The same to you," Kasumi nodded. Though she didn't feel much honor in fighting, of course, such feelings were rather null considering how far the kunoichi had made in the tournament by now, she still felt the need to be polite in return to the redheaded woman.

With that, the scene suddenly shifted, changing to an almost dreamlike, warped place where the ground was the wall, and the air moved the other way. Due to the countless fights that she had been in before, all of them taking a similar nature to the one she was in now, Kasumi needed not expend any time wondering in bewilderment what black magic or mystic arts were at work here, for she could only imagine the answer would be made clear if... when she would advance to the top and meet their host herself. But for now...

With Kasumi standing close in front of Parasoul, the female ninja felt the need to establish a firm starting point rather than simply beginning with a sucker punch, not like that blonde man from earlier would have, she imagined. That said, she dashed back, her form seeming to become invisible for a good second and replaced by pink cherry blossom flowers, an almost amusingly fitting description of her own soul, before her feet skidded to a halt once she had reached a suitable distance away from Parasoul, before preparing herself for battle, mentally and physically.

tumblr_n0nbc9YaBR1slbhfwo6_250.gif

"We fight now! Come at me at any angle you please!" Kasumi exclaimed, as though egging on her opponent to make the first move.

@Yun Lee

Round 1…FIGHT!

Suddenly the competitors were transported to their fighting locations.

latest

Cody and Honey Rose found themselves on a harbor somewhere with people cheering them on.

@Josh M @Atomyk

Min Min and Hilda found themselves in the middle of a race track.

@thatguyinthestore @york

tower-of-arrogance.gif

@Verite @Yun Lee

Spinal and Makoto found themselves in a lush forest.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Myrmidon

latest

Lieselotte and Linne found themselves inside a caged arena surrounded by shouting onlookers.​

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

Linne readied her folding knife and long sword as she appeared inside the arena. The small talk wasn't really for her anyway, so she didn't bother with any formalities. Both of them knew why they were here, and Lieselotte didn't really look like the talking type anyway.

"Here I come."

Linne rushed in, leaping through the air in an arc as she attempted to slash down on Lieselotte with her longer sword.

@Gummi Bunnies

Linne readied her folding knife and long sword as she appeared inside the arena. The small talk wasn't really for her anyway, so she didn't bother with any formalities. Both of them knew why they were here, and Lieselotte didn't really look like the talking type anyway.

"Here I come."

Linne rushed in, leaping through the air in an arc as she attempted to slash down on Lieselotte with her longer sword.

@Gummi Bunnies
At least with this matchup, they could immediately cut to the chase, given from the fact that Linne had made the first move. Unlatching her briefcase, Lieselotte raised it as it opened up, allowing for the case to block the sword as well as letting the puppet Elfriede jump out. It already looked like Elfriede was eager to latch onto Linne, its jagged fingers ready to claw at the girl.

@Kaykay

Gingerly sliding her way out of the exchange between Makoto and Cody, it wasn't long until Kasumi and the others would be informed of the next sets of matches between the remaining contestants. Reading the name of her intended opponent, Kasumi was subsequently approached by said opponent, the woman identified as Parasoul, who seemed to be well-mannered enough, at least moreso than the other two who she had briefly interacted with before, less hot-headed, but also carrying an air of seriousness, for instance.

"Ah... The same to you," Kasumi nodded. Though she didn't feel much honor in fighting, of course, such feelings were rather null considering how far the kunoichi had made in the tournament by now, she still felt the need to be polite in return to the redheaded woman.

With that, the scene suddenly shifted, changing to an almost dreamlike, warped place where the ground was the wall, and the air moved the other way. Due to the countless fights that she had been in before, all of them taking a similar nature to the one she was in now, Kasumi needed not expend any time wondering in bewilderment what black magic or mystic arts were at work here, for she could only imagine the answer would be made clear if... when she would advance to the top and meet their host herself. But for now...

With Kasumi standing close in front of Parasoul, the female ninja felt the need to establish a firm starting point rather than simply beginning with a sucker punch, not like that blonde man from earlier would have, she imagined. That said, she dashed back, her form seeming to become invisible for a good second and replaced by pink cherry blossom flowers, an almost amusingly fitting description of her own soul, before her feet skidded to a halt once she had reached a suitable distance away from Parasoul, before preparing herself for battle, mentally and physically.

tumblr_n0nbc9YaBR1slbhfwo6_250.gif

"We fight now! Come at me at any angle you please!" Kasumi exclaimed, as though egging on her opponent to make the first move.

@Yun Lee
Well, this was certainly an odd change of scenery. Parasoul tried not to think about how fighting this way was even possible-all her focus was on winning. Winning for her people, her Egrets, her little sister...she had to do this.

Her opponent was fast. Parasoul noted this, and she was going to make sure she was faster. She opened her umbrella, spinning it in the hopes of bewildering Kasumi, before using the distraction to unleash bullets in her direction.

d87f6aef70e37d9a13c4258884bdf2b5.jpg
@Verite

Well, this was certainly an odd change of scenery. Parasoul tried not to think about how fighting this way was even possible-all her focus was on winning. Winning for her people, her Egrets, her little sister...she had to do this.

Her opponent was fast. Parasoul noted this, and she was going to make sure she was faster. She opened her umbrella, spinning it in the hopes of bewildering Kasumi, before using the distraction to unleash bullets in her direction.

d87f6aef70e37d9a13c4258884bdf2b5.jpg
@Verite
"!"

Kasumi was little stranger to the tactic that some of her opponents in the past had employed; that of distraction in one way or another, between Zack and the others that she had fought in this very tournament. Still, while the umbrella might have had little effect on her, the sound of the bullets surprised her for a split-second, her mind having to register that these were the kinds of ranged weapons that not only weren't normally used by most fighters, but also, were capable of going faster than others such as Kasumi herself could throw kunai, not that she had brought any for the tournament, knowing that with the massive scope of it, she'd have run out of them quickly.

As the bullets came for her, Kasumi swiftly maneuvered herself out of the way of the zooming projectiles, speeding past them and right toward Parasoul faster than the blink of an eye. Still in the stage of gauging her opponent's strengths and weaknesses, Kasumi's mind process was still that of a testing one for the time being, though by no means slacking off. As she drew close to Parasoul, bringing her hands together and drawing them back briefly, she then quickly thrust them forward with the intent of bashing them into Parasoul with a fairly strong attack that was also conservative on her energy, naturally wanting to avoid expending it all so quickly.

tumblr_inline_og37ynGQM91r8a94o_500.gif

@Yun Lee

Hilda Rize
@thatguyinthestore

Hilda only gave Min Min a small smile, before her expression hardened, and she was transported to a fighting arena, where they would see who would come out as the victor. This venue though, was considerably busier than she had anticipated; they were in the middle of a race track. However, as far as she saw, no cars seemed to be coming their way just yet, indicating that someone must have cleared this place beforehand in preparation for fighters to duke it out.

Thus, she didn't waste too much time taking in the scenery, and instead she concentrated, closing her eyes. A cocky smile spread across her face as she began tapping into her ability to use tactical sorcery, feeling an almost godly level of power course through her body. She began to levitate a little into the air, as she took a moment to savor the moment, before her eyes opened, and she lunged towards Min Min with a fist extended, without warning or hesitation.

"Haaaa!" She shouted, caught up in the moment.

Looks like Hilda did not intend to go easy on Min Min, even from the start.​

Hilda Rize
@thatguyinthestore

Hilda only gave Min Min a small smile, before her expression hardened, and she was transported to a fighting arena, where they would see who would come out as the victor. This venue though, was considerably busier than she had anticipated; they were in the middle of a race track. However, as far as she saw, no cars seemed to be coming their way just yet, indicating that someone must have cleared this place beforehand in preparation for fighters to duke it out.

Thus, she didn't waste too much time taking in the scenery, and instead she concentrated, closing her eyes. A cocky smile spread across her face as she began tapping into her ability to use tactical sorcery, feeling an almost godly level of power course through her body. She began to levitate a little into the air, as she took a moment to savor the moment, before her eyes opened, and she lunged towards Min Min with a fist extended, without warning or hesitation.

"Haaaa!" She shouted, caught up in the moment.

Looks like Hilda did not intend to go easy on Min Min, even from the start.​
Oh goodness. Poor Min Min had been too busy taking in the scenery when she was suddenly hit head on with a magical fist of death! The punch, while not lethal, was enough to knock poor Min Min out cold as soon as it connected with her lower jaw.

Yeah, Min Min was outtie.

@york

At least with this matchup, they could immediately cut to the chase, given from the fact that Linne had made the first move. Unlatching her briefcase, Lieselotte raised it as it opened up, allowing for the case to block the sword as well as letting the puppet Elfriede jump out. It already looked like Elfriede was eager to latch onto Linne, its jagged fingers ready to claw at the girl.

@Kaykay

Linne brought back her larger sword to parry the puppet's fingers before spinning around it, her foot moving in a semi-circle. The small folding knife in her other hand moved swiftly, aiming to sink itself into Lieselotte's neck.

@Gummi Bunnies

Hilda Rize
@thatguyinthestore

And thus... The fight was over before it even began.

It was a shame really, as she had been prepared for a much more intense, and grueling battle, but alas, perhaps she had started off a little too strong for her own good.

Had she still been lost in her madness with her newfound powers, Hilda might have gone with something more cocky as a closing line, but... Seeing that she was in control of herself this time, she decided to take a politer approach in this regard.

"Arigato!" She said, with a little curtsy.

Well, that probably wasn't the most polite thing to do... But, at least it was better than gloating about it? In either case, it looks like Hilda was the victor for this battle.​

cody1215.jpg

Crouching down, Cody relaxed as his opponent appeared. Jangling the chains on his hand and feet, Cody called out to his foe.

"So, you gonna give me a good fight?"

5JH9wrl.png

Honey Rose placed her hands on her hips and raised her head to take a long whiff of the sea air. This was so cool. She smiled and looked back down at her opponent, who looked like a real bad dude, considering he basically was decked out like a convict.

She figured the whole prison look could have been his gimmick, but she hadn't really met many fighters in the tournament who were wrestlers or underground fighters. Turns out fighters across the multiverse were pretty sincere in their characters!

Which, really, surprised Honey more than anything. She had no idea how she, an ordinary human girl who barely had time to balance school and training, managed to get so far in a tournament dedicated to the greatest fighters in all kinds of worlds. Maybe the lot of them underestimated her, but Honey believed her spirit had a lot to do with it as well. Here, in this tournament, Honey could just be Honey Rose and not "Red." She was more free now than she had been in a long time, and she knew that was giving her the strength she needed to persevere.

Now, standing before yet another fighter, Honey figured she needed to get some idea of how this guy fought. He was probably pretty strong, but if she could manage to knock him into the water...

"I'll give you the fight of your life!"

Honey clapped her hands together, inviting her opponent to make the first move.

"Okay kid, I warned ya."

Cody's leg cuffs jangled as he moved. Zipping forward, the man's arm moved back for an attack.

"Criminal upper!"

latest

A whirlwind gathered and extended from the man's arm.

This guy was certainly powerful, but his cuffs made enough noise for Honey to read Cody like a book. If he thought her an equal, maybe this would have gone differently, but all Honey had to do was jump to the side as if she was moving to bounce off the ropes and jump back to hook her leg behind Cody's. She'd backed right up to the edge for his attack, allowing her now to simply--

There was a large splash as Cody fell into the water.

"Oo... Sorry," Honey said. "Guess it wasn't much of a fight, was it?" Honey was just thankful there was no audience for her to disappoint.

@Jeremi @Josh M

• Love
Reactions: Jeremi
Chapter 2 - Defeated but not forgotten

The first half of the fights had been finished. Some had been blatantly one sided, others had been close shaves. Whatever the case had been the victors now stood clear.

Honey Rose
Hilda
Spinal
Kasumi
Liselotte
Meitenkun

These six found themselves back at the brach house they had started in with a bottle of champagne waiting for them in a ice bucket.

"Congratulations on your victories." The unknown voice from earlier spoke to them yet again. "You are one step closer to your price and the title. None of you better get cold feet so late into the game. For now relax and enjoy yourself. You will be summoned to fight again in due time." The voice went silent leaving the competitors alone in the house once again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In a rather surprising turn of event the six contestants that had lost were not sent back to their respective worlds after their defeats. Instead they found themselves on the beach outside of a hut that was a far cry from the villa they had been situated in previously.

"You are all probably surprised as to why you are still here." The female voice spoke. "It is quite simple. One of you will still have the opportunity to make it to the finals and earn your wish. Your accommodations however for the time being have been...downgraded. You too shall all fight again soon enough. Good luck."

As they voice went quiet if they went to inspect the hut they'd find the bare necessities inside. A cooking stove. A fridge, and following the backdoor they found a gazebo with hammocks tied up and in the middle a . It seemed to be their sleeping quarters.

Perhaps they were going to need them because both groups would find that the sun was setting and it started to get dark very quickly.

What the fighters chose to do next were up to them.

Chapter 2 - Defeated but not forgotten

The first half of the fights had been finished. Some had been blatantly one sided, others had been close shaves. Whatever the case had been the victors now stood clear.

Honey Rose
Hilda
Spinal
Kasumi
Liselotte
Meitenkun

These six found themselves back at the brach house they had started in with a bottle of champagne waiting for them in a ice bucket.

"Congratulations on your victories." The unknown voice from earlier spoke to them yet again. "You are one step closer to your price and the title. None of you better get cold feet so late into the game. For now relax and enjoy yourself. You will be summoned to fight again in due time." The voice went silent leaving the competitors alone in the house once again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In a rather surprising turn of event the six contestants that had lost were not sent back to their respective worlds after their defeats. Instead they found themselves on the beach outside of a hut that was a far cry from the villa they had been situated in previously.

"You are all probably surprised as to why you are still here." The female voice spoke. "It is quite simple. One of you will still have the opportunity to make it to the finals and earn your wish. Your accommodations however for the time being have been...downgraded. You too shall all fight again soon enough. Good luck."

As they voice went quiet if they went to inspect the hut they'd find the bare necessities inside. A cooking stove. A fridge, and following the backdoor they found a gazebo with hammocks tied up and in the middle a . It seemed to be their sleeping quarters.

Perhaps they were going to need them because both groups would find that the sun was setting and it started to get dark very quickly.

What the fighters chose to do next were up to them.

Min Min went inside and made each of the the losers a bowl of noodles for dinner. She didn't seem to mind the change of scenery too much due to her living in an even smaller home back in China.

It didn't take long to make the noodles, as all Min Min needed was a stove and basic cooking tools. Min Min politely set the table and placed everyone's noodles in each of their respective places.

"Come get 'em while they're hot!" She yelled with a grin.

@Kaykay @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @losers​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.