Xmas Delectable

Do you Xmas Bake?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Someone else does, I just eat the finished product!

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Manna Beast

I don't trust trees. They're shady.
Original poster
BOGGIEST GREMLIN
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
All day, every day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
-Fantasy with means of magic and sword based feelings, i do prefer a bit of romance in stories
-Modern with again a fantasy feel
-Cut in anything with a bit of Romance and I can give it a try.
Firstly; I am not a Christmas person. BUT I am a lover of food and I do like baking during this time! So what are some of the foods that lift your merry spirits during this holiday!

This upcoming week I will spend pretty a full day making something called Kuga, which is now a Xmas tradition in my family. It's a delicious pie that certainly isn't what most would expect!

Being Jewish, I will never turn down a good potato pancake or jelly donut around this time of year. Also, gingerbread will always warm my soul

I love baking, but I don't have time for it recently :( My students bake though and a couple have been giving me Christmas cookies, which has been awesome <3 A good sugar cookie makes everything better.

I make Gingerbread, I wanna make other types of cookies too and I have a family recipie that I love to make. My mom's very excited about having more gingerbread cookies soon. I like baking. :3

• Love
Reactions: Manna Beast
I love christmas baked treats and candies SO MUCH but omg baking is not for me. It's too precise and you can't freeball the same way you can with regular cooking, and I do not have the patience for that battle. >:[

I love christmas baked treats and candies SO MUCH but omg baking is not for me. It's too precise and you can't freeball the same way you can with regular cooking, and I do not have the patience for that battle. >:[
I’m the opposite, I love baking because of the precision. I’m so bad at freeballing as of right now

First off: I hate baking. It brings me no joy whatsoever. I can't say the joy the treats bring others makes me feel better, either. But, I do love me some Christmas Crack (read: Praline Bark). It's sooo addicting, as are all of the treats that come out of the oven this time of year. Which is one reason I hate baking. Everyone attacks the goodies and they don't last a day, and after all my hard work, too. =/

First off: I hate baking. It brings me no joy whatsoever. I can't say the joy the treats bring others makes me feel better, either. But, I do love me some Christmas Crack (read: Praline Bark). It's sooo addicting, as are all of the treats that come out of the oven this time of year. Which is one reason I hate baking. Everyone attacks the goodies and they don't last a day, and after all my hard work, too. =/
I have never had Christmas Crack with praline's, just usually saltines, chocolate and caramel but you are right, it is super addicting!

Dude I hear some people eat raw ground beef with onions and stuff as a christmas food. Blech. I love cookin' christmas cookies though, and I like gingerbread! I've only made a gingerbread house once though.

Dude I hear some people eat raw ground beef with onions and stuff as a christmas food. Blech. I love cookin' christmas cookies though, and I like gingerbread! I've only made a gingerbread house once though.
Firstly I am horrified at the idea of raw ground beef and onions! BLEH no thanks. But the rest, yes please!!!

Firstly I am horrified at the idea of raw ground beef and onions! BLEH no thanks. But the rest, yes please!!!
They're called "Cannibal Sandwiches" and are popular in Wisconsin I guess, raw ground beef, onions, and salt and pepper on rye. I have no idea why anyone thought that was a good idea.

They're called "Cannibal Sandwiches" and are popular in Wisconsin I guess, raw ground beef, onions, and salt and pepper on rye. I have no idea why anyone thought that was a good idea.
You couldn't pay me enough to eat that XD! I will go down as a snob ahaha

Making holiday cupcakes with my kid is always a joy. We can color them up with reds and greens, and I get to flex the mediocre cake decorating skills I have. Same with frosted sugar cookies, I just put on a layer of the sweet stuff, and then my kid sprinkle-bombs 'em. For myself, I like to put on crushed candy canes. I have very cute cookie cutters that are not only holiday-themed but Star Wars-themed, too~

If I'm up for it (baking is hard to get started thanks to ✨depression✨) I'll make some milk chocolate brownies as well, and pumpkin pie.

Was thinking about making some kind of mocha chocolate cake for myself this year to pair with some limited-edition candy cane ice cream. Mint and chocolate are a delicious delight for me + I deserve to eat a whole cake. XD Merry Xmas to me.

I love baking all year round, not that I do it much, but I really enjoy all the seasonal recipes that start appearing around this time of year. Plus, if I want to go on a baking binge, people assume it's for the holidays and not because I am a Stressed Mess™ My favourites are anything peppermint/candy cane flavoured, but I also like a good butter tart this time of year.

Reactions: LunaValentine
I love baking, but I don't have time for it recently :( My students bake though and a couple have been giving me Christmas cookies, which has been awesome <3 A good sugar cookie makes everything better.
All the glory to sugar cookies

I wouldn't expect more from Wisconsin - a Michigander

My grandmother always makes a raspberry chocolate truffle for Christmas which is bomb, though not as bomb as her pumpkin trifle for Thanksgiving, imo

• Love
Oh my Lanta, what don't I make.

I love cooking and baking and everything in between. My goal this year is to bake an apple pie completely from scratch. I'd like to use herbs from my garden, but we'll see how much I can get out of it.

Scalloped potatoes, a yummy yule turkey (I don't celebrate Christmas, but my family does, so I say yule, they say xmas,) croissants from scratch, some lemon merengue pie, turtle pie, sugar cookies, fruit tarts, home made pasta, you name it, and I've probably made it. But I don't let Christmas stop me. I bake like this all year long. Christmas time just gives me an excuse to try new things. Lol

• Love
This thread reminds me I have been living in a temporal haze and forgot Christmas is actually coming up. I gotta figure out what I'm doing for stocking stuffer fudge this year. Maybe I'll go back to the white chocolate gingerbread swirl well? I need to brainstorm.

• Love