Xesious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reidan turned as the door to the tavern banged shut. He was just able to make out the back of the older boy... Sora, the other kid had called him. "Hmm. They were sure in a hurry to leave. And they left all that foo-"

BANG.

Reidan reeled backwards off his barstool as his clay ball somehow exploded in his hand, singing the tips of his fingers. He vaguely heard some joyus proclamation about a party, then confetti started raining down around him. "What in the seven hells!" The entire restaurant went silent. Then, every single patron started laughing uproariously. Reidan stood up slowly, rubbing his aching back and blushing an impressive number of shades of red. He looked around and reached for the hilt of his rapier - but then he felt the iron grip on his shoulder. "Best ye leave before ye do something ye regret," said the bartender. Reidan shoved his way out of the man's grip and stormed towards the door. Stepping out of the tavern, an image flashed before his eyes. That little boy. He thought the boy had just been fidgeting... But no. No, he must have slipped whatever the hell that was in place of his ball.

"Alright little boy," yelled Reidan. "You've had your joke. Now come out here where I can see you."

"I'd be hapy to see it~" he eagerly responded.A grin quickly spread on his mouth as the eagerness lit up in him.It quickly faded away after he sensed worry in Ophyca."W...what's wrong?" he asked,his cheerful tone shifting to sincerity.He looked at the church and saw the carrion feeders,though he didn't feel as much worry as his new friend was,probably because he actually had no idea what was going on,and the fact that he probably hasn't been to a church as often as Ophyca.

"Those crows...are only in places where there's a dead body." Ophyca said with a tone of concern. He knew Micah was old for a human...but he never expected this, not today. "Sorry, I have a friend who is old that lives there with me. He's the priest. This could be a little awkward, but would you mind accompanying me there?" Ophyca said meekly.

"I can understand if you have better things to do..."

He remembered from his last visit that the boy lived near the church. "Well, not a bad place to try. I'm probably going to need to confess some sins soon anyway." Reidan started jogging towards the church. As he got closer, he could hear what sounded like a murder of crows flapping about and cawing. It gave him the chills. "Carrion eaters at a church. That's never a good sign."

"Nature? Geez Duran." Elie said. "Stop thinking that way." She turned away, staring out at the window. Was this ride over yet? If it was over maybe the conversation would stop or if Fang woke up. He needed his rest though.

I'm just teasing you, Duran happily replied before she got up and stretched before proceeding to look out the back window. Fang let out a small cough as he slowly opened his eye, "Wh-what happened?" he mumbled.

Elie rolled her eyes. "I don't joke." After a moment she made a little smile in Duran's direction. When she heard Fang begin to speak she looked down awkwardly at him, considering he was in her lap. "Uh..well..you past out." She said to him.

Fang innocently blinked at her obviously unaware of what she did, "I'm looking up at you but I could have sworn you were sitting over there and if I passed out I should've been sitting up."

"Well, It didn't seem very comfortable..so I put your head on my lap." She said. "No big deal." They to shrug anymore awkwardness off. "It's not like I really know what to do when someone just passes out."

"Thank you," he replied but as he went to get up something odd happened, his body wouldn't even budge an inch. "That's odd, it feels like someone has stacked one hundred pounds on iron on each of my limbs. Duran, any idea what's causing this?" he asking turning his gaze to the she-wolf. It's most likely the strain from the using the demon weapons, I can tell you've already greatly passed the maximum stress your body can handle. Just rest now and by the time we make it to Locian you should be able to move by then, for now you two just stay like that and look adorable, she replied smiling in their direction.

Elie pouted some more. "Somehow I feel like this is your fault Duran." She said in response. "And I'm not adorable." She didn't push him off though, even if it would seem like something she would do. "Just relax." She then said to Fang. "It's no big deal, I don't care." She waved Duran's strange thoughts of them together out of her mind. It shouldn't much longer until their destination anyway. She could hold out like this until then, staying calm in any situation was a plus when it came to fighting.

After hear what the guards had to say, Alastair found a bench and began to think of his next action. their was the obvious of going to Loican but he would do that any way, he could forget the whole mission which could mean his head, the idea itself was bad but his boss Samuel was especially gruesome killer, the last option would to validate what the guards had said. he decided that the last was the smartest to do.
He rushed over to the White Rose Inn. In the guest book, conveniently located by the doors, solidified the fact that his target wasn't here. "Well I guess I should get on the train" he said then strolling to the train station and got on the train. Alastair wanted to write his journal but fell asleep before the train took off.

"I'm sorry I've put you in a weird position, when we get to Locain I'll have to train myself to handle the weapons," he sighed, already he was being a bother. He was about to say something else but another way of renewed exhaustion hit him causing him to once again black out. That was expected, the stress of everything was too much to handle. Let's wake him up when we reach Locain. Duran yawned, walked over to her companions then curled up in front of them

"That is not awkward at all".He looked at the church,then back at Ophyca."Of course I would accompany you".A dear friend to someone he just met with the possibility of already meeting death.Sora knew better than to just leave someone in this situation at a time like this,especially to a friend."So,shall we hurry to the church?"

Thank god I reached the train! Running tiredly towards it, I sliped through the cracks and positioned myself below the window.
"Since when did those bastards care so much about me?" I grumbled. Minutes passed, a moment of tranquility for now rested comfortably among time. A glance down the train revealed a women that I recognized, another demon hunter and... a wolf? Interesting companion. There also seemed to be a collapsed assasin on the the seat near me. Other than that, nothing but villagers and travelers. Pick pocketing is also out of the question here, getting caught would be me in a closed box, nowhere to hide.

I sit down accross the assasin, thinking of trying out another library for a book on expanding magic. Maybe even an invisibility spell. I'm not the best thief there is, but i'll improve. I'll improve so much, by the time I retired I will rob at least 2 castles! Magic runes placed on walls and floor, guards with the best armor in this land, ghosts or "watchers" lining the halls. It will be quite the challenge, haha!

Tired, I nap a bit for the journey to... whatever the heck we're going.

Elie would have told Fang she she honestly didn't care him being on her lap. She didn't mind it, she just always tried to act tough in front of everyone. Growing up on her own the way she did lead her to act like that. "Right." She responded to Duran's comment about letting Fang rest. "I'm sure he'll be better once we get there." She glanced around the train to see her surroundings. She watched the people.

How long until they come looking for him to join their 'competition', Duran thought to herself as she felt the begin to slow, she sat herself knowing they must be a few minutes from their destination. Fang though was having a rough time in his head, dark voices he couldn't understand were trying to tell him something.

"Y-yes! Let's! Ophyca shouted a bit, running in the direction of the church, the quickest route to the church that he knew. It weaved and shifted through the town, and even though the town was small, it would take some time for them to get there. "I...don't think we'll...like what we find!..." Ophyca breathed out as they weaved through the carriages and alleyways.

Sol had just been finishing, when- oh goody, a party ball. He was about to laugh, before he looked at who had been using it. The man stormed out, taking a weapon with him.

This interested him. Quickly, he paid for his food, grabbed his bag and left to follow the man, only a few meters down the street. He began following him- not very suspicious with a few people going about their day anyways, but he was still the creepy guy in the black cloak.

Elie could see through the window the scenery changing. It had became more mountainous with less flowers. That meant they were getting close to the end of the ride. She looked back at Duran and down at Fang. "We are almost there." She said to Duran. "I hope he's up to getting out of this train."

Status
Not open for further replies.