Xesious

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm just trying to get to the train station, is all." Elie replied. She watched the wolf for a moment then focused back on him. "Doesn't really matter if I talk to you or not, I was going there for my own." He seemed to not have much confidence when talking to her but it wasn't like she sounded so great when talking either. "So you're not wasting my time or anything."

"O-Oh we're heading there too, I could take you there if you'd like," he offered as he slowly grew comfortable with the idea of talking to someone and even enjoying it a bit. Duran simply nodded her head as she turned her attention to Elie before walking down the path to give the two some space. To her, it seemed like they could use it to get better acquainted.

"Sure, the directions I got were confusing anyway." She said and made a sigh. She glanced at Duran who was watching her. "Does she not like me or something?" She calmly asked Fang. "She's seems to be trying to keep her distance while she's watching me." She turned forward to walk again. She thought it wouldn't be terrible to have him take her to the station, maybe then she wouldn't end up getting lost.

Fang kept pace with Elie and laughed which was rare for him, "N-no, you could say this is in experiment of hers," he replied. From the look Elie gave him he could tell she was a bit confused, "I-I don't interact well with others since I've spent most of my life in the Dark Forest around the creatures that call that place home since I was eight," he commented as he pushed aside a stray lock of hair away from his face. His face reddening he continued, "So I guess she's using this time to see how I do."

Elie nodded. "I might not be the best person for an experiment. I'm not that social either. I spent most of my life on my own as well." She continued on towards the direction of the train station. She thought about Duran's idea, she really did pick the worst person for this. Elie never knew what to say to anyone, she usually wanted to be alone more. "So..you don't actually live here? Do you randomly fall asleep in places." Thinking about when she saw him earlier.

"Duran and I don't really have a home, we're too busy taking job after job slaying be it demons, monsters to bandits to keep others safe. As for falling asleep in the park, we completed our sixtieth job this month and that was the only rest we've had for about for six," He replied. Duran slowed down then walked on Elie's left and examined her, she knew it was a good thing to cause these two to converse. Fang was gaining experience and confidence while talking to another member of his species. Not to mention he wouldn't be lonely for the moment and he could use this as a stepping stone to meet know people, get to know them and hopefully make friends or potentially a mate. She snickered to herself before brushing herself against Elie's hand demanding to be stroked.

Elie listened. "I can relate I guess. I travel all the time taking jobs. Though...you should get some more sleep." She said in monotone. "That's none of my business I suppose, so you don't have to listen to me." She twitched when Duran brushed up against her hand. Taking that as her wanting to be pet, she did as she was told. Elie gently took her hand and stroked the she-wolf on the head. Her fur was soft, something Elie wasn't really expecting. She looked down at Duran and smiled a bit. "You might have a home but...at least you have Duran.." She whispered.

Fang smiled, "That's good advice though, I don't get as much sleep as I should," he replied as they turned a corner, the train station was now only about three roads away now. Duran rumbled with pleasure but stopped when she heard what Elie had said, she craned her neck out a bit and glared at Fang I like her, you better ask. Normally any other human wouldn't near what was whispered but thanks to Fang's training he did, "Ah, if you'd like you could travel with us. Um.. what I mean is.. Duran likes you and I think she would like to become your friend." he said but followed up, "But, if you don't want to we won't be offended."

"Lack of sleep could mess up your skills." She said in reply to his first comment. "You could get hurt when fighting demons." Demon fighting was something Elie knew very well, it was one of the most job requests she did. Fang might have said he did it to help people but to Elie it was more of amusement or perhaps revenge. She couldn't quite decide which one it was that made her fight them. She was taken out of thought when he asked her if she wanted to travel with them, it even stopped her in her tracks. She looked at him. "You want me to travel with you." She stopped talking, pondering. She'd never traveled with anyone before. She wasn't sure if she would like it or not. "I guess." She decided, after some thought. "I have nothing else to do." After that she began to walk forwards again.

"You criminal, hiding among the innocent!" yelled the guard as he plunges for me through the thick of the crowd.

I spun a little before dodging the guard's lethal blows. A quick view around me reveals several guardsman, crashing heads and heels with the villagers. Come on, Garather! Know where you're going!. Now, where are you? said from my wonderful mind.

Here? There? Everywhere?
I'm lost, again. I should've done more research around this place.

sigh

Oh well, it's not like the book i'm after in the library is going to be replaced in a day. Might as well use this time to just hide away from these awful things. By god, are they persistent! Just as I lose sight of the guards, a person grabbed me and held me where I am

"Well, what do we have here? A pest who can't keep his hands to himself?"
"what? what're you talking about? I'm just a traveler trying to..." I look towards the train. "catch a train. Yes, i'm on a..."
Before finishing my sentence, the man spits on me, giving me an incredulous look.
"I can see it in your eyes, young man."
"See what? An oh so old and aging prophecy? or perhaps the face of a man that looks like an old women or mule?" I sneered.
"You're a child, look at you! Doing it for entertainment! And don't tell me you're poor and need money to feed yourself. Not even the riches of all of this land will satisfy you. Unlike others who are struggling to make ends meet, here you are, stealing from them like children taking cookies from a cookie jar!"
I look at the guard who seemed persistent with all their might to catch me. How long have I been chased anyways?
"It's nice that you care enough about me to tell me this, oh wise one. But I really, and I mean really must go!"

I free myself from his grasp, taking a quick look at him. He was gone.
"Good riddance..." I grumbled.

I run towards the train with, of course, my lovely companions high tailing me all the way through.

Duran butted her head against Elie and happily barked, her plan was working. Fang had continued to walk but stopped when Elie answered yes, he thought she would say no so it surprised him. He turned toward her and nodded "Okay then, as new companions I think Im supposed to formally introduce myself with the title the mercenary society and many towns have given me. I am Fang the Demon King, since I'm not used to traveling with someone please bear with me," he nervously smiled as he turned a light shade of red. Duran trotted over to Fangs side and gave Elie a toothy grin, Welcome to the party Elie.

Elie smirked at him. "So you're a mercenary like me, huh. Though I don't remember if I have heard that name or not. I honestly don't pay attention to others that much." She said to him and shrugged. She couldn't help it but a lot of her gestures and actions could possibly seem like she didn't care about anything, though that wasn't always her intention. "I've never traveled with anyone either so don't worry about it." Just then Elie thought she could hear a familiar voice. It was that thief's voice she had heard earlier. She looked around but couldn't seem to find the person. She turned back to Fang waving the thought out of her mind, it didn't matter to her anyway.

Fang had urge to flinch then run for the nearest cover, was smirking the sign of happiness or annoyance? He could find that out later and quickly threw those thoughts to the side, "It seems though," he replied to the first half before continuing. "I think titles are just given so others can alienate one person for being different," he sadly commented as a piece from his past played in his mind. He quickly snapped himself back into reality and gestured in front of them. "When we take this right up ahead we will arrive at the train station where we can find jobs or sent out to train." He had noticed the voices but decided it must have been some petty thief being chased again and walked on Elie's right hand side while Duran took her place on the left, he placed a hand into his pocket and drew a toothpick from his pocket then proceeded to place it in his mouth. The toothpick pulsed and glowed different colors, it was carved from a rare tree which was used to cure various poisons like the ones produced by Revenger Demon. Fang had taken a hit from protecting a small child three weeks ago but still had some coursing through his veins, but he could feel it would dissipate sometime today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elie nodded. "Titles are of no importance really, just what people begin to call you." Talking to him wasn't that bad, she usually didn't like talking to people that much. That was usually because she had nothing to say but they did have things in common. Somehow she seemed to start to relax, talking a bit more than just a few sentences. She even didn't mind the fact that she had him on one side while Duran was on the other. She nodded again, seeing the train station up ahead. "I don't mind which one we do. I've never done either with someone."

"I guess we could always go somewhere to train to see each other's strengths and weaknesses," he offered while scratching the side of his face while the toothpick dissolved into nothing. Sighing he said "You can pick where to go, I'm still fairly new to this region so I don't know many places that would work," and to his surprise he was gradually getting more confident to the point where he didn't stutter. A pleasant smile appeared on his face then his golden eye became lighter and brighter as they continued to walk, So this is what it feels like to be genuinely happy instead of faking it.

"We can go to Loican. It's a town near the Loican Mountains. It has some nice places to train and the mountains have quite a few demons." Elie stated. They had gotten to the train station. She walked over to a man who was selling tickets. She bought some, they would work for where ever they decided to go. Elie walked back to Fang and Duran, handing him his ticket. "Normally that don't allow animals on the train but I got them to make an exception." She stated.

"Locain huh? Oh thank you," he said taking his ticket then tucking it into his breast pocket, Duran happily barked then licked Elie's hand. Black Blade and Oblivion had started pulsing at the mention of demons, must have been the demon blood imbued into them. Fang grabbed his face as a bead of sweat began to form, "Is it okay if we board a little early, I need to sit," he staggered as a wave of exhaustion hit him.

Elie looked at him questionably. "Yeah, I don't mind." She made her way to one of the opening of the trains and made her way inside. She found a booth seat and sat down, close to the window. "Are feeling okay, though?" She asked him, he didn't seem to be. She didn't know why she was asking but she figured it was the right thing to do, they were going to be spending some time together now.

"N-not really," he replied as he tore Oblivion from his right arm and sat it to his right along with Black Blade and its sheathe before sitting down beside his two weapons. Duran shook her head and sat behind Elie as Fang's breathing quicken from exhaustion. "Have you heard of the two hundred demon war back five hundred years ago where several different weapons were created with demon magic and imbued with demon blood to absorb their power to defeat the demon king? And how once he was vanquished he used the last of his power to kill the weapons' wielders and scattered the weapons across Xesious?" he asked as he wiped sweat from his brow.

Ophyca pulled Sora quickly, exiting the building as he looked quickly left and right. "Um...umumumumum...." He thought, trying to find a direction and then darting down the street, holding Sora's hand. Weaving in between some parked carriages, Ophyca made sure they were out of earshot and down the alleyway before he stopped, breathing a little heavily. Four hundred year old demon trapped in a child-like body: not much he could do about that.

"Hah...hah...Hokay..." He breathed a little, catching his breath. "I...switched his clay ball with a "Party ball." Ophyca said with a smirk. "If he fiddles with it...like he is...it should explode with confetti all over him and a kazoo noise!" Ophyca laughed a little and looked up at Sora. "I have a habbit of collecting odd merchandise from around the world. I had picked it up today before I met you!"

Ophyca stood near Sora, obviously quite dwarfed by his size. "OH, you never did say what you were here for, did you?" Ophyca asked, tugging on Sora's shirt a little in curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.