Xesious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elie noticed some man trying to hide from the guards. "I saw you, though I don't care." She said what seemed to be to no one but she knew he was still around. "I'm not going to turn you in if that's what you think." She crossed her arms and made another sigh. It was a thief, that she knew. Thieves didn't bother her, they sometimes had the same thought in mind when doing their job, they want something out of it. If it didn't benefit them, they didn't care. She wasn't really afraid either, she could handle herself perfectly fine.

Dam, another guard! I ducked down, hiding until he checked the other side of the street. Then, I heard a voice of a young lady nonchalantly assuring me that she won't turn me in. I was puzzled at first. What did she want from me then? a conversation over a nice hot cup of tea? Although I am a little surprised she didn't take the opportunity to take me in for some coin...

"Strange, he's around here I swear! Boys, keep looking around near the wall!"

I anxiously looked around me, guards nearing in on the girl and me.
"One more question before I go. Do you know where the nearest library is?" I asked as quietly as I can.

"I think I saw it that way." Elie said and pointed north of their spot. "Though I don't live here, only looked around not to long ago." She noticed the guards getting closer. "You better go then, they seem to be getting nearer." She glanced in the direction she heard his voice, she knew were he was now. After only a few words she could pin point where sounds were coming from. She needed that to fight.

On their way toward Fiore, Fang noticed that Duran kept glancing at him and eyed her as they walked. Finally she let out a low growl, "Yes Duran, sometimes I get lonely but you know I don't know how to act around others," he sighed adjusting Black Blade. The she-wolf scoffed making the young man turn red and caused him to once again to focus at the task at hand. "We can discuss this later, let's just get to Fiore, finish the job and find a nice place in the woods to camp," he muttered at the path forked and Fang went left.

North, north, north... I better remember that, lest I get caught up in the herds of pigs or mazes of buildings in my way. Now that I think about it, there was church near there, no? North west I think...

I readied my glove and sprinted out.

"I hear foot steps coming, hurry!" said the guard as he returned from the other side

While sprinting, I readied a little magic of mine called "voices". Handy for diverting the guard's attention. Gesturing into a ball and then releasing, I spoke something under my breath to mimic my voice and carry it over somewhere. The guard walked through the spaces in between the houses and looked at the opposite direction of me, then I threw a bit of magic at him

"Aha, I hear him!. He's right there near the bushes!" said the misguided guard, as he attempted to run to my "spot"

I rushed behind the houses until I crossed an unlucky stretch of street.
"Well, this is going to be rough" Although a thief should be able to traverse little to no disturbances. Luckily there were some tall wagons with curtains for entrance going north. Now, just to get there in time.

I hold my breath as I try to enter the a group of people and attempt to blend in.

Ophyca sat back a bit and watched the exchange between Sora and the mysterious stranger. It was quite fun to watch, and Ophyca hummed a little to himself as he finished the second piece of turkey that he was nibbling on, and saw that Sora was quite the clever individual, having gambled without putting himself in any kind of danger of losing money. "Definitely not easily fooled. I like this person. Reminds me a lot of her..." he chuckled to himself as he washed down the rest of the turkey with his milk, again using both hands on the cup. "Well...you've got quite the haul there, mister, if you like recycling that is!" Ophyca said with a smile. He asked the waiter, who happened to be stopping by, if he'd get him some more milk, and the waiter walked off toward the kitchen.

With the thief leaving Elie took that as her chance to leave as well. She wandered off letting the knights try to find their pray. She made her way back to the main area of the town. It wasn't that far from the tavern she happened to already be at. Maybe I'll take the train instead of spending a whole week to get to the mountains, she thought to herself. She gave a nod and looked around where the train station might be at this place. She knew they had one but heard it wasn't used too much, that meant it wasn't easy to find. Probably off somewhere where others don't travel to that much.

The bit of breadstick that was still between Reidan's teeth dropped out as he looked askance at the bottlecaps in front of him. Attempting to recover he said, "My, I didn't take you for such a jokester, my lord. I don't know what you thought my intentions were, but I assure you, I wanted nothing more than an honest game." Reidan turned at the church boy's comment, "Yes yes very funny, most amusing. What a clever little boy you are." Reidan's mask of joviality was slipping at being caught at his little game. He flipped the coin into the air towards the older boy. "Well there you go. You won it fair and square." He quickly collected his cups and the ball and slid them into his traveling cloak, briefly exposing the hilt of his rapier as he pushed the cloth aside. "Perhaps it is time to take my leave and find someone more gullible than this lot." He turned to return to the bar and reached to ruffle the little boy's hair, "Enjoy your milk little lad."

Unknown to either Sora or this mysterious stranger (and in large part to his skill in the sleight of hand department), Ophyca had reached into his satchel and replaced the clay ball with something that, while looked quite similar at a glance and probably had a similar weight, was definitely NOT the clay ball. It was called a "party ball" and it was designed to be thrown in the air, and the shock and spin of the object moving at a great speed or, say, rolling around a bit too much, would cause it to explode with a slightly high velocity, spewing confetti and revealing a ribbing from the ball that would have the words 'Have a great party!" on it with colorful writing. The guy may have been a swindler, yes, but he wasn't unpleasant, and as the man ruffled Ophyca's hair and left. "I will sir!"

Ophyca did notice the rapier, but it was commonplace to carry a weapon to protect yourself with, it didn't bother him. He did wonder, though, if the party ball replacement gag might have been a bit much. Oh well, what's done is done. "He seems like a pleasant individual." Ophyca squeaked a bit as he drank his second glass of milk. He was not a big eater, mostly due to his size.

"Hmm...indeed.And his ways are somewhat clever..." Sora said,looking down at the coin he won."...but I didn't really want his coin" he added,feeling a bit sorry for the man,then again,it was his fault and loss.It didn't take long for him to perk back up and bring back his usual smile."...And he didn't eat much from the food.Ah well,we might see him one day again.I'll just make sure to remember his face...and game" he said,giving a small laugh before finishing his tea.

Reidan returned to the bar with a rather dejected look on his face. "Outfoxed by some lord's pampered son. My god Reidan, you've grown old and dimwitted." He looked up to see the barkeep giving him a dirty look. "You gonna buy something, or just sit there?" Reidan frowned and replied, "What, I'm not allowed to sit at the bar for a few moments? And why the sudden sour face?" The bartender leaned in close - Reidan could smell his dinner on his breath - and growled, "I saw what ye tried pullin' over there with those gentlem'n. Yer a swindler, and I don't like no swindlers in me establishment."

Reidan leaned back away from the man. "Hey, I pay for my drinks don't I? Now give me another glass of that wine and sod off." Redian slapped a coin down on the polished bar. The bartender looked Reidan in the eye for a long moment, then took the coin. "I dint turn away paying customers, but I'll be keepin and eye on ye. Dint try anything." He turned and pulled another glass of Florian Red and slammed it down in front of Reidan. With one last look, he walked down to the other end of the bar and began polishing a glass, with regular glances in Reidan's direction.

"Prick," mumbled Reidan under his breath. He began nursing his second glass of wine, then pulled out his little clay ball and started absentmindedly rolling it around between his fingers.

"Haha, yep!" Ophyca reciprocated the smile. "It is a small world, that was probably not the last we'll see of him." And with that, Ophyca casually reached into his vest pocket, pulling out a small pocket watch and clicking it open. "Oh, goodness, it's been a decent amount of time since we sat down huh?" Ophyca tapped the horn on his forehead, thinking intently until his face brightened up a bit. . "Umm...did you want me to show you the town a bit? It's not that big but Flora can be a bit complicated. for people who haven't been here before!" He gave a happy grin, but then his face straightened up. "Oh, but you seemed to be on business of some sort, right? I didn't want to interrupt...um....whatever that was?" He was hoping Sora would accept, but it was up to him. This was the first person outside of the town that he'd met and actually befriended. Most people thought he was weird because of the horn.

Out of the corner of his eye, Ophyca saw the stranger take out the ball he used to prank him with, and his eyes suddenly got wide. "We should leave! We should leave right now!" He said, hoping down quickly and grabbing Sora's hand, "Come with me, no time to explain!" He knew if he didn't get out of there quick, two things would happen. One, the man would get a bunch of confetti in his face. Two, that man would be very angry...and he has a sword. Ophyca began to pull Sora's hand toward the door, the sense of urgency apparent.

Sora opened his mouth and was about to answer his question when Ophyca suddenly grabbed his had,finding himself being dragged along with him.He was a bit confused,but Ophyca seemed somewhat alarmed so he just went with it.I wonder what's wrong... he thought.hesitating to ask since it seemed like it was the bad time to do so.In a split second he remembered how he didn't pay for the food the kind chefs made.Even though they told him it was for free,he was planning to pay them anyways.But it was too late to do so now,since they seem to be in a rush.

Surprisingly, a new road to the swamp had been constructed so it didn't take Fang and Duran long to arrive at their destination. When they arrived it turned out the fearsome hydra was nothing but a two foot fall swamp gecko, the villagers paid him half the reward to compensate for their mistake and returned back to Flora by using some teleportation spell. He sat on a nearby bench as he thought about what they were going to do next, he could go back to Dwain's forge and work then until he gets contacted for another job, but there is the possibility of finding a partner. He slightly laughed at himself for thinking that, it was highly illogical, he got up from the bench and headed back to Dwain's shop.

Now, which way was the train station, Elie thoughts to herself. No wonder why people here didn't use it, you couldn't even find it. She might even have to ask someone to tell her where it is and she didn't want to have to do that. Elie continued her way first trying to figure the way herself, though without seeing it earlier she had nothing to go by. She gave up and asked one of the locals. They told her directions and pointed in the way she was suppose to go. She gave them a thanks and headed off into the direction she was told.

It turned out Dwain didn't need anything at his shop but he said there could be jobs posted at Flora's train station, he gave Fang directions then waved the wolf and young man off. We are running a bit low on money so taking another job would be the wisest thing to do, he thought as he looked for the land marks Dwain had described in his direction but he didn't know that from the road a young woman(Elie) was coming from that road. Fang was too deep in thought pondering what jobs would be listed and running over the directions to the train station that he didn't hear Duran's warning bark thus colliding into the young women sending them both down. He quickly got to his feet then regained his bearings, What did I just run into? he thought to himself but saw the young lady on the ground. He quickly walked closer and extended his hand to help her, "M-my apologizes, I-I wasn't paying to...what I mean is....I'm sorry," he mumbled as his face turned a bit pink. He really wasn't accustomed to interacting with people and was extremely nervous.

Elie was busy trying to find the station that she didn't realize until after she was sitting on the ground that someone had hit her. At first for a moment she thought she was being attack but when she opened her eyes to see some guy apologizing, she rethought what actions she was going to take. She took his hand and stood up. Once she let go she dusted herself off from the dirt. "It's no problem, don't worry about it." She said to him hearing his mumbling. She could tell he seemed worried or something about running into her.

Fang was at a loss for words, he didn't know what to do or what to say until Duran stood beside him and huffed. "I-I'm sorry it would be rude not t-to introduce myself after bumping into you. This is Duran and I'm Fang," he nervously replied after he dusted himself off. Duran nodded toward the lady before glancing at Fang, a hint of mischief in the she-wolf's eye as she calmly devised a plan to get her companion further into the humorous predicament.

Elie looked at the guy for a moment. She felt like she's seen him somewhere before. "I'm Elie." She said. "Interesting companion there." She pointed to Duran. She knew it now, it was the guy who was sitting under the tree. He had ran away before when she saw him. Maybe he just didn't really like talking to people like Elie didn't, he seemed to be having some trouble talking to her.

"She w-was given to me as a pup after her e-entire pack was slain by a group of poachers," he replied then rested his hand on Duran's head when she whimpered. He gently patted her when something finally got through to him, "Um...I'm s-sorry if I'm uh.. wasting your time, you were probably going some where and h-here I am holding you up," he commented readjusting Black Blade across his back and his gauntlet Oblivion on his right arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.