Xesious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unable to find sleep she would get up out ofbed . She didn't want to disturb her friend so Vanra would walk as silently as possible to her the door and opens it slowly. She makes soft orcish curses at the door from the small creak it would make from the slight movement of slowly opening the door. She then accidentally stubs her toe and grits her teeth. She hustles over to the inn exit before walking out of the building. Her fey blood usuallly seeked to be outside while her orc blood wished to stay insie during the night.

Neither of them were in play of this decision. As she stepped out into the rainy night, she began screaming curse words and crying around in agony. Her voice probably filled the building from inside with activity. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she cries over a stubbed toe. Ladies and gentlemen, an "experienced" adventurer that just cried fof five minutes straight over a stubbed toe.

Fang didn't like her hand leaving his but he pulled back and nodded his head. "Very well." He replied to her statement about using his help and he smiled somewhat then fixed his cloak. "I agree, though I long to take a break from this continuous cycle of madness." The young half demon says then walks over to a wall then sits down with his back against it. A small wisp appears from the shadows and he whispers a few thing to it before the ball shot out of the window and disappeared into the distance. "Good night Elie." He turns so his back was now resting on the floor as he placed his hands under his head and closed his eyes.

Elie laid herself down on the bed, placing her head down onto the pillow. She had thought she heard someone crying outside but she was too distracted to do anything about it. She pulled the covers up against her and closed her eyes. "Good night Fang." She stated. She couldn't stop her heart from beating faster, it just didn't make sense to her, she had to shake it away. There were more important things going on now. After some time Elie began to fall asleep, having strange dreams. Some were about Fang while others were about Yuvah.

Suddenly Elie awoke with the sun peering into the room in the early morning, she opened her eyes slowly. She didn't feel like she had gotten much sleep after all those dreams. She sighed and pulled herself up, leaning her back against the headboard. She turned to look at Fang there on the ground, wondering why she didn't even ask if he wanted to be on the bed last night. She must have been too distracted by her heart. Though she still couldn't figure that one out, she had to place it on the side for now, the focus was Yuvah. She had no idea where to look for him, but they needed to stop him from destroying the town.

Elie thought she saw something from the corner of her eye. She turned but there was nothing there. She brought her hand up to her face and wiped at her eyes, figuring that it was just the lack of sleep. But, something still felt strange. Then, she heard the laugh...she heard his laugh, Yuvah. It shocked Elie, sending fear through her body. No! She thought she had gotten over it, she had to to be able to fight him. Was she really still that weak that she would just cower at the sound of that laugh? Her eyes widened. It was obvious now, Yuvah knew they wanted to stop him, and he knew who she was. This wasn't going to end well. She could feel him again, feel him trying to control her. He was going to try and stop them from saving the town. Elie began to scream.

The very early morning - early enough to still be considered nighttime - started off eventfully enough. The orc woman (girl? it was hard to tell age with orcs) came stumbling out of the inn and not a moment sooner started howling and yelling what Arlon could decipher as Orcish curses. Decipher? The golem could speak Common well enough, but the fact that he found himself understanding the Orcish language was interesting indeed. Arlon had noticed over the years that people beheld him with awe and fascination, even discounting the fact that he was a living suit of armor. It wasn't until an avaricious merchant mistook him for an inanimate suit of armor that Arlon learned why.

"I should have known the orcs would curse their metal!" the merchant screamed, fleeing from the suddenly-sentient Arlon.

Orcish metal. Perhaps Arlon knew the language because of his innate ties to the orcs, awakened once the golemantic enchantment was placed on him. That, then, calls the question of how his master had acquired such a set of armor to begin with? Arlon was bound and enchanted in a decidedly human city, in a time when interracial mingling was frowned upon. Could his master have hunted the orcs? Perhaps the armor was a gift from an ally? Arlon's thoughts spun, but still no answer for his curious understanding of the Orcish language came. Then the golem had a chilling thought: What if his knowledge of the language was unrelated to the make of his armor, but to the nature of his enchantment? More and more lately, Arlon had been subject to very unsettling thoughts and feelings, ones that by all rights a golem should not have. He knew of a ritual that would bind a soul magically to an inanimate object, be it sword, shield, or shears. Legends of talking weapons that guided their masters to heroic glory and heroism abound, and all but outright supported the ritual's use. However, when a soul is ripped from its body and mind, they cannot function unless given a new soul or a fitting substitute.

Quite a fascinating subject, is it not?

...The voice again. Arlon was getting irritated with having his thoughts invaded all the time.

But are they truly your thoughts?

This question gave Arlon pause. If what the voice is implying is true, then that means Arlon himself was indeed created with a soul-binding ritual. Quite possibly with the soul of his body's previous owner. An orcish soldier to whom the armor belonged to, most likely. The thought of being created by a mage or wizard so depraved as to forcibly take another's soul disgusted the golem. Fortunately, another howl of pain from the orc woman broke through his deep thoughts, and his guardian's imprinting kicked back into gear as he strode over to the pained orc. "Are you injured?" he asked, before giving her a sweeping gaze that told him all he needed to know. "Come, beside the inn. There is an awning that will shield us from the rain." He stated, the hollow and metallic echo of his voice giving way to a beckoning gesture as he led the way over to the aforementioned awning.

The orc girl would look up at the golem with fearful or pained eyes which looked like it was about to summon a thunderstorm for them. She was a bit scared that orcish armor was talking to her but none-the-less, she held back the rain and sniffled a bit. "N-no... I just stubbed my toe against my inn door. I did not want to wake up my friend, thus I hobbled outside to start cussing in pain and agony... I might need some first aid though, I can feel it at least swelling up in my boot."

She would take off the metal-toed footwear to reveal that her toe was not just swollen up, the toe nail digged into her skin and that blood was gushing out of like a geyser tourists travel too. It ooozed and even squirted a bit. She was slowly bleeding to death from a stubbed toe. Vanra would grit her teeth at such a sight but did not look like it was too painful to walk on, at least to her. She was not just an orc but an experienced orc adventurer that has survived countless fights against bandits, other orcs, and orc bandits. Her teeth gritted as she slowly pulled it out but with no use. "Oww... Oww... Oww! Damnit all!"

That night, Fang barely got any sleep whatsoever; having a wolf companion that could use telepathy had its draw backs. For most of the night he was going back and forth between Duran, Hydra, a few of his lieutenants that gave status reports on his army along with those of his foes. Every now and then, he didn't know why, he would open his eyes and look at the sleeping Elie before he'd be pulled away by his thoughts or another mind trying to get his attention. Finally, he told them not to contact him anymore because he was growing tired and before they could say anything else and blocked off all communications. "Damn." He mumbled before shifting to his side and dozing off.

Luckily for Fang he was faced away from the sun because of his consistent tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable place to lay. Though he did grumble softly when he felt the sun's warmth hit his body which in return caused the young man to flip over to his back to soak up the heat. Like usual, he had no dreams; he just walked around in the endless void that was his idle mind until a memory would pop up or the space would fade to black. It would have been odd to most people but Fang took it in stride and simply thought nothing of the phenomenon since it seemed better than having nightmares or false dreams.

Fang stirred slightly, his body and mind sensing an aura he didn't like; that of a strong demon. His groggy brain just chalked it up to be one of his lieutenants checking up on him but it felt a little odd. None of the demons that owed him allegiance were this powerful nor did they have such a potent feel of malice and evil intent. He heard a noise and it sent of shudder down his spine it was...laughter? How could just an unintimidating thing cause him such a reaction when he dealt with fiercer things than it? He was half awake now, slowly rubbing his eyes while sitting from his place of rest before his eyes were finally open and started to get used to the sunlight that was now washing the room. Then he heard screaming, not any old scream, it was Elie's and that immediately woke him up and brought the half demon to his feet and rushed over to the bed. "Elie, look at me." He place a hand on both sides of her face before gently turning her head to meet his eyes. "Listen to me and focus solely on me alright? Think about something that matters to you and telling me about it; don't focus on him trying to take over, focus on talking to me."

Elie could see Fang there, she could feel his hands on her skin, she could hear him but she just couldn't reply. Yuvah was already trying to force her to do something, she knew that part but she couldn't understand what it was. Before, he had used her to destroy a town but it didn't feel like that, it felt different. Though, surprisingly Elie felt her body calm down a bit. She could look straight into Fang's eyes, but still no words could come out. Then, she realized what it was that Yuvah was trying to do. Yuvah was trying to get rid of the people who opposed him. Things probably would have went different, but Yuvah could sense the strong power that Fang acquired and it seemed he didn't like that. He wanted to distract Fang somehow, and Elie seemed to be the best way to do it.

"Fang." Elie heard her voice say. She could then feel her hand moving up to one of his hands on her face. She felt it slowly go down on his, take in and hold it tightly. "The only thing that matters to me...is you." In truth, Elie felt that the words Yuvah was putting in her mouth, maybe weren't so wrong after all...but still...she didn't want to go actually telling Fang that.

Yuvah had already watched the members of the rest of the group to see who he was up against. He figured that once he got rid of the main threat, it shouldn't be too hard to finish the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.