Xesious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sipping his drink, Reidan glanced around the room. The girl next to him seemed lost in her own thoughts. He could respect that, so he let her be. But, ah, this was interesting. He saw the little boy from the church he remembered from his last visit to Flora sitting with what he presumed to be the local lord's boy, judging from the veritable feast in front of him. Strangely enough, the church boy looked exactly the same as he had the last time Reidan came through town. "Must have a baby face. Poor kid." Reidan was getting bored with his drink, and his purse was feeling a bit light. "Perhaps a little game of chance for the Lord's son. Boys like games, don't they?"

Reidan eased his way off his stool and sauntered over to where the two boys were sitting enjoying their meal. "Hello there young sir," he said, looking towards the church boy. "And my young lord, good day to you." Reidan bowed at the waist. "Perhaps I can interest one of you in a little game of chance?" Reaching into his traveling cloak, he pulled out three little cups and a clay ball.

Ophyca listened intently to Sora's explanation. He could understand the conundrum he was in: to be revered only by your status is something Ophyca himself used to deal with...that was, until Indrie sealed him and humbled him. Ophycan now much preferred his 10 year old personality to the one he had before.

Ophyca laughed with Sora, "No, no not at all! This is the real you!" Ophyca pointed out as they continued to eat. "Not the person they see." Ophyca motioned over to beyond the glass of the restaurant they were in, a few girls that were walking by had spotted Sora and were giggling, whispering among themselves as they waved shyly in Sora's direction. Ophyca had made it a point to nearly ignore the fact Sora mentioned his nobility. He viewed every person he met the same: Another individual. Regardless of birth.

"Well, I'd like it if we were friends!" Ophyca squeaked. "It would be nice to know someone not from around here for once! I know almost everyone in this little town." He gave a slight sigh, then perked up again. "Speaking of which, what brings you here? I know it isn't to try our five-star food!" Ophyca said with a laugh.

"Thank you very much for understanding" Sora laughed before looking at the girls behind the mirror,who he simply nodded and smiled to,and brought his attention back to Ophyca.

"Me?Well,I-" before he could answer the question,he looked up to Reidan as he approached them.Sora smiled at his greeting,but quickly scanned him."A game of chance,you say?" he repeated,looking at the items he took out.A sudden offer from a stranger...I feel like I already know what this man wants from me... he thought,but nobody has offered him to play a game of this sort before despite its simplicity so he decided to go with it.

"Yes, a game of chance. I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much, my young lord. Now, of course, there will be a wager. Wouldn't be interesting without one, now would it?" Reidan smiled and deftly plucked a coin from his purse and placed it on the table in front of the boy. He set down the three cups and placed the clay ball under the center one. "The rules are quite simple lad - I'm sure a fine young gentleman like yourself will find them quite easy to understand. I will move these cups about here, like so -" Redian shuffled the cups around "- and you will point to the one you think the little clay ball is under." He lifted the right most cup, exposing the little clay ball. "Simplicity itself! Now, put down your wager, my lord, and we can begin."

Sora was just about to say something when a stranger showed up. Ophyca wasn't quite sure...but he may have seen this individual at some point pass through the town before. He couldn't put a finger on it, but he would just keep an eye on the man. "Games are fun, I suppose." Ophyca said in his normal tone. He smiled, and nibbled on another small piece of turkey. "What do you think, Sora? want to give it a shot?"

Sora looked at the man,then at the cups.He thought for a moment,then smiled."Okay then" he simply said and put his hands in one of his pockets."Mmh...twenty five gold coins" he said,shaking a small brown sack and placed it in front of the stranger.Sipping once again from his tea,he looked up to the man and offered, "Care for something to eat,sir?".He seemed completely calm,even though there was a 50% chance of losing the wager he just set down.

Elie watched the man next to her walk away, at least he wasn't planning on talking to her. She stood up from her chair and turned to see the same man trying to trick some people out of money. Elie glanced over each person. Nobleman....little kid? A strange bunch to her, with no interest in finding out who would win the game. She began to make her way out of the place and into the sun outside. Though she didn't know what she was going to do next, she was getting tired of the many people that seemed to appear.

After finishing the various projects Dwain had for him, Fang bid him farewell then left the forge with Duran to go walk around and explore Flora before he would embark for the next town. He greeted a few people that passed by as he took in the beautiful sights and gardens that Flora was known for, he noticed a park with a very large tree and thought it would be a good place to relax. He sat down, resting his back against the beautiful tree then ran a hand through his hair as he started up at the sky and watched the sky while Duran laid nearby. Moments like this are the ones I enjoy, no one is around to call me Demon King and I can just peacefully watch the clouds, he thought to himself then brought his head down and closed his eyes as a slight breeze went through.

There seemed to still be quite a bit of people outside the tavern, girls that seemed to be trying to look into the window. Elie figured it was about that nobleman she saw considering there were some in the place that were watching him. Elie began to walk the streets of the town, she wanted to not end up in the sea of fan girls. At least it wasn't a bad town, it did live up to it's reputation. She could see flowers almost everywhere you glanced and whimsical architecture. When she came to a park she could see a man lying there with a companion. Flora was a safe town, she figured people must randomly decide to sleep anywhere in this place.

Letting out a small huff he opened his eyes and picked himself up as Duran trotted over to him, that was more than enough time to relax. He looked at his companion then looked up to see a woman staring at him, he did not make eye contact and turned to leave by the other entrance. He would continue to look around before either finding an inn to stay the night or simply camp out in the nearby woods, though he could still feel the women's gaze on him as he started to leave the park. Was it odd for someone to rest by a tree in this town? He put the ridiculous thought to the side as his stomach growled and he took some pieces of jerky out then ate some and gave the rest to the she-wolf.

Picking the chest took longer than I thought. What seemed to be a very weak lock turned to be a quite a formidable chunk of steel.
Nonetheless, I was about ninety percent done. Already my thought turned to potential escape routes and hidden path ways. Finally, I managed to unlocked it and grabbed a medium sized pouch.

"Hmh. Not bad for a tavern..."
I almost had it, a job such as this should've ran smoothly as water. Turning around, I realized one of the thief's greatest enemies. Witnesses.
"THIEF!" screamed the women.
Plates of food and beer dropped and scattered, leaving quite a mess, especially on my clothing. The women started threatening me in a like a dog, snarling and hissing.

"uh....AAAAAAH! GET! Get out of here before I call the guards on you, scum. I hope the gods strike you down till ya DEAD!"

Silence. A nice cue to get the hell out of here. I ran out through the back door as fast as I could, startling the chefs and waiters.

"Oh crap crap. Which way is the closest to that dam library?"
I was never good with directions in the first place, almost got caught twice because of this cursed trait. But yet I could not help but steal from this tavern, a sudden urge to take even in broad daylight. How smart.

"Crap, let's hope this way is better..."

I tried sprinting towards and through the bushes behind the houses. Hoping nobody catches me.

Solfortissimo stepped out of the house he had just been in. The mother inside of it had an awful disease a mere few minutes ago. Now, she didn't. The family was very happy about this, and was told to let the mother rest for a few more days. Now outside, he quickly put a cloak over himself and his bag, and a bandana over his face. Should he be recognized, he would be bothered too much by people he didn't know. Outside of his providence, he quickly found, many people didn't understand the concept of 'personal space.'

He chuckled to himself. Flora was a very nice place- active, yet quiet, and simplistic. Just how he liked it. He opened up his parasol, and began his walk down the street. All that healing took a toll on him; he was starving! After a five minute walk, he went inside what seemed like a tavern, full of laughter and people talking. And smiles. He liked smiles a lot. He wasn't one to drink- he just didn't feel right about it. But he did feel like eating a lot, so sat down and ordered the first thing offered to him.

He put his bag on the ground, and looked around. He felt out of place- people were giving him strange looks. On one hand, he looked creepy with his black cloak, and on the other, taking all the stuff off would show he's obviously the Lord of Western Xesious. Meh, creepy guy is better for now. He decided as he devoured his food. He now went to talking to himself, arguing about the morality of thieves. The 'against thieves' and 'for thieves' sides of him were completely equal, making for the strangest debate anyone eavesdropping would ever hear.

Elie shrugged when the guy left his place under the tree. It wasn't like I was going to disturb him, she thought to herself. She made a small sigh and continued on through the park, checking out any other part of Flora that could be interesting to see. It was a peaceful place but Elie herself found it some what boring. It seemed she had no more business here and if there was none of that then what was the point sticking around. Perhaps I'll go to Loican Mountains, they have a lot of demons who just can't wait to get a taste of my sword, she said in her head. She took a glance around the buildings that she was now around.

"Here we go, a nice nook to hide in..." I hid myself away near a corner of a house, peeking around for any more guards.
"Come on, thief! Wait till I put a sword through your leg... you won't be running anymore now would you?" Yelled the guard. I quickly peeked out and could already see a group probing around, poking their ugly heads into bushes and the like.

I crawled to another house, when a girl with black hair seemed to be scanning the horizon out of boredom.
"shoot!"
I duck into cover, wondering if she saw me or not.

After seeing where there was all to see Fang was about to walk into a restaurant when a pigeon landed on his shoulder with a large piece of paper wrapped around it's leg. After reading the paper he looked at Duran, "We have a job in the Swamps of Minya, seems there is a hydra attacking the nearby village," he said as he stuffed the paper in his back pocket and headed out of Flora. He flipped the hood of his cloak back over his head as they walked under the archway that served as the entrance and headed southeast, Fiore, the town that borders the swamp was four towns away and would at least be two days of travel to get there, none the less, it was a job that paid for his meals.

Alastair walked into The Blacksmith. the fiery air reminded him of home. the walls were lined with good swords for relatively cheap price and armor that was strong and not to flashy. "Can I help you?" a voice called out. This startled Alastair who turn around garbing his blade out of habit. He let down his guard when he see a female blacksmith.
"Um, No." Alastair replied unable to think of a response. He left before the blacksmith could responded. It wasn't like he had enough money to get anything. He saw guards pulling a wagon. This would be no concern of Alastair if it didn't belong to the merchant he was hired to kill. "Hey Guards! What happen to the Merchant of this wagon!"
"Thieves," one gaurd replied "left a ransom note. They are demanding eggs and Brussels sprout to a shack on the Loican River."
"It sound more like a grocery list to me!" say the other guard who began to laugh as they resumed pulling the wagon.

"This boy is offering me something to eat off his own table? Hmm. That is quite unexpected for a lord. I almost feel slightly bad for what I'm about to do. And 25 gold coins?!" Reidan reached down and grabbed a bread stick, placing it inbetween his teeth. "Many thanks my lord. Now, let us begin. With such a bold wager, I'm sure the fates will favor you." He reached down and started slowly shuffling the cups, making sure the boy could clearly see which cup the ball was under. "All right now. Pick the correct cup." Redian subtly glanced towards the cup the ball was under - a trick he had learned from a traveling magician a few years back.

Sora kept his calm smile and looked at the cups as the stranger shuffled them around the table.Then as the stranger stopped moving them,he quickly said without hesitation;"The cup on your right".It seemed like he didn't think out his answer at all after how quick he answered.After his answer being said,he finished up his salad and dabbed a napkin gently over his lips.

Reidan lifted the cup to the right, exposing the clay ball he knew to be there. "My! There it is! Excellent work young lord, and so quickly! I knew you were sharp of mind the moment I laid eyes on you. I hesitate to lose more of my coin, but I find myself most desperate to earn it back now. How about one more round, double or nothing?" Reidan bit down on the bread stick, hamming up his nervous gambler act. This was the clincher - if the boy didn't bite now, all of this would be a waste of time.

Sora let out a small laugh."Thank you very much,but you know..." he pulled back the sack he set in front of the man earlier and opened it.Then he pulled out a handful of what's inside-bottle caps."...the 25 gold coins I set in front of you were fake" he said,still having the calm smile he had.Then he pushed back the stranger's coin."I actually already knew what you had in plan,starting from when you approached so suddenly".

Status
Not open for further replies.