Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters

[size=+1]She's a cheery one, this Kitty. Makes for a nice change of company. The grim 'combat instructor', Logan, comes drifting back over through the crowded hallway as the girl enquires as to what he can do. At this, E chuckles and taps his nose.
"I'll see if you can figure that one out for yourself. Always fun to keep these things as a surpri--"

He's cut off mid-sentence by a ball of something hurtling past his head, pursued by another of the new students. Instinctively, E's already pressed up against the wall, out of further harm's way. "Watch where you're throwing those things!" he yells after the girl, looking around sheepishly at the others. "Alrighty, this hallway is only getting busier and I'm intrigued to see if this 'Beast' guy can cook worth a damn. Fancy heading that direction?"

Wherever 'that direction' is. Hopefully one of the returners fancies coming along; E still doesn't know where the hell anything is in this place.[/size]

Felicitas turned as she saw a ball of electricity, her eyes widened and before she knew it she had used her power again. The rift between Fantasy and Real life opened in the middle of the hallway and when the lightning ball flew inside, crashing with an explosion, but it was cut off when Felicitas had closed the rift abruptly.

"W-Who did that?" Felicitas questioned, still slightly spooked. If she hadn't opened the rift who knows what would have happened to her. She walked down the hallway and stopped when a group of three was blocking off her passage.

"Uh..uhm. Excuse me.." Felicitas whispered under her breath.

Vallerie runs into Felicita. "Sorry. Where did it go?!"

Logan saw a ball of electricity fly past " now what in the -" he was about to swear and remembered he was in a hallway full of children. And suddenly the ball was gone some little girl chasing after it stopped to apologize. Cute he thought, that kinda thing gets you in trouble. " hey kid, it's the first day, so I'm going easy on you. If you can't control it don't use it around others unless instructed. People could get hurt." He heard E say he wanted to eat but still didn't really know where to go do he walked by the group. " I could use some chow myself, come on ill take ya there myself."

"I..um..got rid of it." Felicitas told the girl, assuming she was the one who launched the ball of electricity.

A dreamy look of curiosity swept across Kitty's face as she watched E. From her experiance, newcomers were always eager to 'show off' their abilities. In a way, she was sure it was to define themselves and stand out from the masses. He was finishing his sentence when suddenly he scrambled backwards, spooking Kitty into doing the same. Another girl ran between them, whispering an apology as she darted around, suddenly opening what looked to be a rift between realities. Kitty gasped, turning to Logan and scowling. Thankfully,Logan scolded the girls for using their talents in the middle of the busy hallway.

Kitty smiled as E also shouted at the girl responsible, turning his attention back to her and inviting her along to go get something to eat. Kitty was unhappy that a newcomer with such a dangerous skill was left alone without restraint. It was potentially dangerous for everyone at the school to have such an untrained danger walking around. She shook her ponytail over her shoulder as she gave E a cheery smile, agreeing with Logan as he offered to show the hooded boy the way to the mess hall.

"Yeah, food sounds really good right now..."

Vallerie relaxes. "Im so sorry. It kinda got away from me. I had a hold of it and it bounced off. I wasn't in range to attract it back to me by the time i stood up." She kept on talking and talking. She was too nervous to stop explaining the same thing over and over. It would soon get on someomeone's nerves and had a feeling it would be the man glaring at her.

[size=+1]The hallways are ornate, old-fashioned, wooden panelling that's been polished to a shine. It reminds him of some of the old mansions on the outskirts of his hometown, E thinks to himself as he follows behind Kitty and Logan through the school. Of course this place isn't falling apart, and thus is in a hell of a lot better repair than those creepy old places.

This place is how an old country home should look. Makes for a nice setting for a school, too.

Soon they're out of the hallways and passing through an open courtyard, a vast statue in its centre. Then it's back indoors, through more crowds of students with that 'deer caught in the headlights' look that marks them as new students.
"Jesus, is it always this busy?" E asks, staring around at all the faces that drift past them.

Xaviers_School_for_Gifted_Youngsters_0003-1.jpg
[/size]

Logan gave a grunt. " first day of school kid what did you expect? Give it a week or do it'll calm down. Some kids just won't be able to take it. And if you look there." He points to the end of a long line a blue figure hanging from a fixture passing out lunches, " that's Beast. Give him a quote and he might give you extra. Now go eat up."

Vallerie gives him a weird look. "Um......... I didn't understand the last part of what you just said but ok."

Kitty wasted no time pushing against E's back to drive him forward into the lunch line. "If you don't act fast, you're gonna' miss out!" She giggled. When guiding him from behind did not work as well as she wanted, she grabbed his hand, leading him to the end of the line. Unlike others when holding a strangers hand, Kitty didn't let go right away and she didn't let go in the normal fashion. Instead of unhooking their clasped hands, she simply phased through him, setting her hand at her side and looking ahead of them.

"Aww, man! This is going to take forever!" Her stomach growled and she placed a hand over it to somehow calm the beast. "We should have left way earlier" She spoke to herself more than she spoke to E, blaming Nightcrawler again for her tardiness.

[size=+1]Kitty clearly has some experience with the lunch lines in this place, grabbing E's hand and pulling him into the mob of queuing students. A unique way of letting go of someone's hand, too, given that she doesn't so much let go as pass right through it.
"Now that'll come in handy on occasion, I'd wager," he chuckles as they slowly drift forward towards the vast blue mutant handing out the food. E looks at him quizzically. "Huh. I see why they call him Beast, then. By name by nature, and all that."

Glancing back over his shoulder to Logan, the 'combat instructor', he turns again to Kitty. "Everyone round here got weird nicknames? Y'know, 'Beast', 'Wolverine'? The hell's that all about?"

[/size]

Kitty held her breath as they slowly approached the hairy blue chef, finally releasing and taking a swift inhale when E spoke up. "Beast is a gentleman if I ever did know one" She said very 'matter-of-factly', giving it a fake southern drawl for no reason clear to him. She had obviously been impersonating someone, but he wouldn't have understood. Instead of explaining, she simply took to answering his question.

"well I would want the people who hated me to know my real name, would you?"

Vallerie shurgs and gets her lunch and sits in a dark corner alone. She needed a friend but was afraid of rejection. So she isolates herself from everyone else. This is her life after all. She can do whatever she wants with it.

A teenaged boy with dark brown hair and eyes entered the mess hall, blinking surprisedly at the amount of students that had already made their way here for lunch hour. Were all of them... like him? Special or different in some way out of the ordinary. The school was supposedly for 'gifted youngsters', but Anthony was beginning to suspect that the school's name was referring to students that were gifted in ways that had nothing to do with academics or athletics. 'Gifted' certainly wasn't a term he would apply to what he was. As melodramatic as it might sound, even to him, 'cursed' seemed like a much more apt description of what his 'gift' made him.

The mysterious invitation that had arrived for him in the mail one day was vague as to why he was being accepted to such an apparently prestigious school when he was only an average student, but now that he was here, he was beginning to realize that it probably had something to do with the secret he had been keeping ever since he turned twelve.

He was a mutant. The genetic wild-card he had been dealt at birth 'gifted' him with the ability of psychometry, a term he had already learned meant that he could pick up psychic impressions from objects that he touched. For that reason, he was now wearing a pair of worn wool gloves that entirely covered his hands, protecting him from being inundated with unwanted thoughts and emotions every time he touched something or someone.

The faint rumbling that issued from his stomach reminded him why he had come to the mess hall to begin with, and Anthony slowly filed in behind the group of students that had lined up to receive their lunches. When he arrived at the point where the person was actually handing out the brown bags, he was shocked to discover that it was a rather inhuman-looking man covered in blue fur. Anthony presumed that the man also being a mutant would account for his rather strange appearance, but he still couldn't help but stare as the man handed him a bagged lunch and flashed a smile, revealing his wickedly sharp canines.

Anthony gave him a sort of awkward half-smile in return and quickly walked away to avoid making it obvious how stunned he was by seeing something so unusual for the first time. Looking out over the mess hall, his eyes roved over the many tables where kids were already seated, some forming small groups where they were chatting away excitedly, no doubt discussing the prospects of the new year they would be spending at this special school. As curious as he was to find out exactly what this place was about, Anthony didn't feel like socializing with anyone just yet, still feeling slightly vulnerable and distrustful in these new surroundings.

He spied a table that was only occupied by one girl that didn't appear to be interested in talking to anyone either. Walking over, he sat down at the opposite end of the table from her without saying anything, assuming she just wanted to be left alone like he did. He began taking out the contents of his brown bag, wondering to himself if it was regular food or part of some special diet engineered specifically for the nutritional needs of mutant teenagers.

Vallerie looks at the perso across from her. "Are you sure you want to sit near me? I mean I'm the girl who accidently threw an electric ball down the hallway."

She had had the dream again. She had glanced around in the dim, flickering light of the pawn shop cellar, and she had still not seem anything more. This time, no possible 'clients'--as Mahree heard the shopkeeper refer to them time and time again--had examined her or the others like her she periodically caught sight of, Mahree had stayed on high alert. Or as high alert as she could, considering the strain it put on her hazel eyes. She had heard a myriad of noises and conversing from the floor above, and...what if someone had asked the shopkeeper for what he kept hidden? No one had.

As per usual, the seventeen year old had awoken with a start, blinking heavily and, as per usual, she had done everything she could to not alert her roommate that anything was wrong.

Mahree had long considered herself well-adjusted, compared to the other adopted children she had been exposed to. Her parents had always accepted, loved, and praised her. She had never felt inferior, she'd never felt like she had something to prove, save to her younger sister Aimee. Aimee's sour attitude seeped over to all those around her. The fifteen year old redhead's standoffish and immodest air acted as a cancer, mashing the positivity out of every atmosphere where she wasn't looked at as the star.

It was Aimee and her boyfriend, Jacob, who had sent malignant letters to Mahree since she had arrived at the school nearly three years earlier, threatening to expose her for what she was. And in spite of her parents encouragement and pride in and praise for anything and everything their older, adopted daughter could do, Mahree still grew anxious when Aimee tore her down. There was just something about her younger sister. She had always known just what to say to get to Mahree.

But it was not harmless. Mahree's recurring nightmare was a direct result of specific threats her sister had stated issuing in letters a month and a half earlier. And they were really starting to impede her progress.

As it were, Mahree had trouble functioning in particular classes--her abilities were far more defensive than offensive. And combat wasn't really her way. She much preferred the history and ethics and philosophy classes Professor Xavier taught the older students. She just wanted to teach the future of mutants after her unofficial graduation. She could leave the combat to some other mutant and be very, very happy.

She hated distractions. Especially distractions that caused genuinely terrifying nightmares of which she hadn't told her parents, much less any of her professors.

Mahree smiled at Professor McCoy as he gave her a serving of food.

Mahree tried her hardest to calm herself. She didn't want to trouble any of her professors with the childish worries her sister brought forth in her. But she knew there was at least a slightly noticeable change the day after these nightmares.

She turned, taking a step out of line and surveying the lunch room for a place to sit.

Anthony was a bit surprised that the girl spoke up and addressed him. She had looked pretty nonchalant. Looks, it seemed, really could be deceiving. After all, to look at him, no one could tell he was a mutant. Still, he knew some mutants weren't that lucky, the guy he had encountered in the lunch line being a prime example. Anthony supposed he should consider himself fortunate that he could go around passing for a normal human, only needing a pair of gloves to keep his powers from being revealed. He knew that luck would only last so long, however. Eventually, people would find out what he was, either through a slip up with his powers or because the government decided to commission a new batch of Sentinels to go around scanning for mutants among the general populace.

"Eh... What?" He said confused, not really understanding what the girl was talking about. Something about a ball of electricity going down a hallway. Maybe she was referring to her own mutant powers. Looking down at his hands, he wrung them together a little, and sighed.

"That's okay. I'm not exactly... in control of things, either."

A new girl approached them and asked if she could sit at the table. Anthony glanced at the girl who was already seated, wondering if there was getting to be too many people around for her to be comfortable. Looking back at the other girl, he said. "I'm Anthony. Sure, you can sit here. I mean, if that's alright with you?" He looked back to Vallerie, waiting to see what she would have to say about the newcomer joining them.

Logan's watch comm went off and he scowled. The beep told him it was Gambit. Looking one last time at the new kids he headed into the hallway and dialed the Cajun on his cell. " what is it gumbo?" He said in a gruff voice, leaning against a wall. The hallway was empty strange enough as Gambit answered.
" hi yourself, Sinister been spotted at an abandoned lab. Scott wanted me to inform u most ta others ready on missions. You can't make it he got a team, but he figure you might wanna get out. Never know with sinister."
" You got that right. Let me get back to you in ten about this, it might be a good time to test one of these kids."
" On the first day mes ami?"
" Trial by fire Cajun. Logan out."
he hung up and headed back into the mess hall surveying the new kids. If he picked someone that kid would have to either be able to get in and out of find out info he couldn't. Kitty, that kid in the hood, looked like he might be tough enough. Or maybe someone new he wasn't sure

Vallerie smiles "sure but don't touch me. It would be shocking experience." She laughs. "I bet I could fight anyone. I probably would just have to touch or throw an electricity ball."