Xavier's Institute for Gifted Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the consensus was that Xavier would be headmaster, so you could make an OC and play the Professor on the side.

That was the consensus.

*looks up form his character*

You're a consensus.

*goes back to his character*

If ever the Headmaster was an OC though / or someone other than Prof X, would anyone be okay with that?

If it does change, we might want to look into a different name for the rp. XD

I saw no consensus anywhere, so was just trying to help out. That's a fair point though, t might be weird if they had to rename the institute, and I also freaking love Charles!!! I mean, Professor Xavier >_>
But if the GM wanted it played over NPC'd, I don't mind doing the work.

It's fine, most of it was in the interest check, so I was referring to the group from there. Sorry if it sounded snotty, that's just poor wording on my part.

We could keep the name and say it was the next Gen of mutants. Maybe Xavier still alive but old, so it's a win win?

Professor X is always old. XD

That's what I like about him ;) lol. Didn't Storm take over the academy in one arc and Dr. Grey in another? Could have an Alternate Universe Proffessor Magnus. ;)

Just rename the world Earth-(insert number here) and it'll be its own new canon

Pervert?! Where? *thrashes head around, stopping only to whistle innocently* If I made a joke about Headmasters, would that hurt my case? XD

That is assuming you had a case to begin with.

I'm assuming we're all basket cases. but thats just me.

Reactions: redlemonaide
It's only been a couple of weeks without posts, so just checking if this is still alive or...?

I don't think it is, which is a terrible shame. if anyone reboots it, give me a link.

I'll join this, I love the X-Men.

Now, let me bless all y'all with a bit of nerd-knowledge. The Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters has actually changed leadership a couple of times. Oro Munroe (Storm) lead the X-Men for some time, before the professor eventually returned to his role. I believe Cyclops lead it for a brief run after Xavier's death, but it is now lead by Emma Frost. The name hasn't changed, despite going through multiple leaders.

Also, GM, you may want to put up some limits on powers, especially if I can be the child of two cannon characters. If I can just pick anyone, I'm going with Franklin Richards and Rachel Summers. Go look them up, or, if you're too lazy, look in the spoiler.

Too lazy for Google huh? Well, let me tell you the tale of ol' Franky. Franklin Richards is the son of Reed and Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four, (Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman respectively) and is THE most powerful being in the marvel universe by a long shot. For scale, in the Marvel multiverse, there is a being known as The One Above All, who is the in-universe representation of the will of the writers of Marvel. He sounds pretty strong, right? Well, Franklin kicked the shit out of him, so there's that. Other ludicrous feats include: making Galactus his herald, using his omnipotent reality warping abilities to make himself even more omnipotent so he could beat Onslaught, and casually obliterating Mephisto.

Rachel Summers is the child of Jean Grey and Scot Summers (Cyclops) so you know you're in for a ride. First of all, she has both their powers, so that's cool. She not only has access to the entirety of the unreasonable power that is the Phoenix Force, but also managed to beat it into submission with her mind. By the way, the Phoenix force is actually a living, sentient creature, of which Galactus is terrified. She once went and solo'd Apocolypse, who is one of the most powerful non-abstract beings in the Marvel universe.

So, yeah, pretty Op. I would say that Marvel should nerf them, but that didn't go over so well last time.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.