Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.

So the trailer for this came out about a week ago.
What are people's thoughts?

Personally I'm excited.
I know X-Men overall has been hit and miss, but every movie they had based around the First Class crew has been a massive success so far, so my hopes are high.​

• Love
Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
More Quicksilver!

Unfortunately it comes out in May which is the Birthday trap in my house (3 of 4 kids were born in May, all within 10 days of each other.....) so I won't be able to watch it till June. But, this is one of those movies where I think the drive in might b a good place to watch it, so I'll wait until they play it there.

I'm actually surprised my husband didn't show this to me first. Then again, he's been following me around the house bugging me to let him take my oldest daughter to a Disturbed concert with him.....

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Assuming that's Apocalypse on the slow rising Egyptian pedestal... WHY HIS SKIN NO BLUE? D<

Assuming that's Apocalypse on the slow rising Egyptian pedestal... WHY HIS SKIN NO BLUE? D<
Not enough blue actors in Hollywood! :P

I'm kidding. I have no idea what you're talking about. :)

Not enough blue actors in Hollywood! :P

I'm kidding. I have no idea what you're talking about. :)
Apocalypse was born with blue skin in the comics, it was actually a major part of his character without going into spoilers.

Apocalypse was born with blue skin in the comics, it was actually a major part of his character without going into spoilers.
Yeah, I've never read the comics. My introduction into X-men started when I was a kid and they came out with the cartoon. All I really remember about it was that Rogue had an obnoxious southern accent, and Wolverine wore a banana yellow suit....I usually only watched it when there was nothing else on. =/

We are talking about an X-Men movie that is finally taking the best True Villain( I consider Magneto more of an Anti-Villain) of X-Men, taking one of the best villain groups, and centering a movie around it. I'm a gigantic fanboy of Apocalypse and his Horsemen, so this trailer, finally getting his voice right? I'm fuckin down for it!

Honestly, idgaf. :|

#DONTFUCKTHISUPLIKEPHOENIXSAGA

seriously, 3rd x-men movies suck. precedent already set.

#DONTSUCK

I'm kind of on the fence. I think I'd be more stoked of the default setting for superhero movies was "the world will end if they don't win!", which is kind of sucking the fun out of it and making shit super predictable and giving it a severe case of deja vu.

I'm wondering on if I should take best if Magneto is going to co-operate or do his "Do my own thing but coincidently help in the end" deal again.

I'm just looking forward to any Cherik feels.

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm leaving already.

So... am I the only one here who actually thinks this film looks kinda boring? Maybe it's because I'm not a big X-Men fan, but then again, I loved the first two movies and thought 'The Wolverine' and 'Days of Future Past' were pretty cool. Something about this one just feels... very underwhelming. I'm especially very iffy on Mystique being the apparent leader/motivator of the X-Men here, but Apocalypse seems okay. I'm not impressed by him like I was with James Spader's incarnation of Ultron in the Avengers sequel (who also went beyond that and completely blew me away with his performance), but he's still okay.

... That last point really does get me down when I think about how I loved Isaac in his role as Poe Dameron in 'The Force Awakens'.

I'm wondering on if I should take best if Magneto is going to co-operate or do his "Do my own thing but coincidently help in the end" deal again.
He's probably given a big big reason to join Apocalypse if he isn't downright controlled by him. Apocalypse isn't the kind of guy to have one of his Horsemen be "Meh my goals are in line with you, so I'll help for now." He likes them to be his underlings.

Why Archangel isnt blue? its a plot against blue skinned guys?

I just hope its good. AND TE 4 HORSEMEN. I LIKE THE 4 HORSEMEN!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.