Wyvern High Academy for the Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren read the note left by Riley curiously, tilting her head to the side. How nice of Miss Riley! Leaving notes for her room mate to read! Lauren smiled excitedly before putting down the card. Well, if Riley was so nice to leave these friendly notes, she should comply to this girl's wishes. The only bed left was the bed that was next to a solid wall, which Lauren didn't mind. Riley did claimed the bed near window anyway. After the girl sorted her luggage (which wasn't much), she left the room once again with her school shoulder-bag to prepare for her next class.

Necromancy 101?

Sounds like jolly good fun! She wasn't sure what it was, but Lauren was sure that she'll like it once she got to class. When she reached the right classroom, she slid across the tables and chairs, scanning for a good seat. She opted for one of the seats near center-front of the class, and waited for the teacher patiently while sorting her notebooks and stationery.

Blake turned away from Alex. "Our classes don't start to a little later." She said. "I guess I'm going to check the rest of the school out."

Arthur was surprised when the loudspeaker told him to start. He wasn't expecting some sort of olympic tryout to get into a magic school. As soon as he saw his magic enemies he slipped into a shadow. He couldn't be hit like this. Granted he couldn't do any hitting either, but that was fine with him. His shadow walked on the floor, cast by nothing, until it was inbetween two enemies. They attacked, but all they hit was a shadow. He was on the floor, then on the walls, when one got too close he changed his shadow into the profile of - well he didn't know what it was, but it was big, and had teeth and claws. It kind of made him think of Grendel from the story of Beowulf. Yeah, that worked. The Shadow of Grendel. Lightening, fire, obscure spells - it couldn't touch him, because he wasn't then a physical being.

Eventually whoever was running this show had seen enough and called it over. He didn't even have to fight. How boring, but just his way. He snuck around a fight, didn't like getting messy. He stepped out of the shadow and took his room key, 333. Arty got plenty annoyed looks from his magic fighters. Him not fighting, and still getting in, and late none the less, made them all look like idiots.

Yes, he was very late. Why be on time, when you were just a shadow in the background? Actually, he would've liked to be early, so he could shadow one of the other classmates, watch them do all the work and them smile when he emerged from the shadows and accept a key for doing nothing. That would've been even funnier than humiliating the test administrators.

He decided to blend into another wall as he walked the halls, looking for the room he was supposed to be in, a shadow once more cast by nothing. He waited for someone to notice, maybe scream or point, something to draw attenion, and then he'd change into a shadow of them, make them look stupid, too. It wasn't that he was particularly mean-spirited, just that he had an odd sense of what was funny.

He called out, a voice from nowhere, "Whose 333? Have I got a roomy? 333!"

Risa watched as the other girl came in, a grin settling over her lips. [/I] Blue hair? Awesome. [/I] As Alia mentioned her, Risa lifted her hand and murmured a 'yo' and tossed a smirking smile at the other girl. She glanced around at the room again. There wasn't going to be much privacy it seemed, but then again, what had she been expecting from a dorm room? Tilting her head, her bright eyes narrowed. Now, what could she do to change that? Another smirk slid over her features.

"What are your favorite colors?" She asked the other two randomly.

"Very well, I'll just take the one by the far wall." Cecilia said with a small nod and she raised her hand at Risa in a greeting. "Yo." She answered back before she walked over to the bed she had chosen and she dropped her backpack on the bed as she sat down. "Favorite color? Hmm... I'd have to say either green or dark purple. What about you?" She asked as she leaned back against her arms.

Alex nodded before hesitantly looking at Blake. "C-can I come with you?" he asked quietly. He felt sort of an attachment to Blake..he reminded Alex of his older brother almost...but not quite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alia smirked. "Red." She said, once again twisting the silver chain in her hands. "Red and silver."

Blake got up off of the bed. "Sure, if you want." She said and began to walk towards the door. She remembered to grab her key and went outside. She looked around once she was out into the hallway. Other people were going into there rooms as well, checking things out. The next couple days were going to be a transition period. They didn't have all the classes but started some. This was so the incoming students can get to know the area and make themselves feel more at home. The other students who had already been there took the time to hang out and do any activities they wanted to do.

Alex shifted, standing. He zipped his jacket up to just below his necklace, tucking his hands in his pocket. His black hair framed his face, making him look like a young, shy girl as he followed Blake silently.

Akio wasn't expecting to be put in a large room alone to defend himself from magic when the voice boomed out of the speakers said to defend himself the best he could for the test but as soon as the first fireball came to Akio he immediately kicked the ground making it rise up to block all the magical things firing at him. As soon as they stopped attacking him and he was moved to a desk with a lady telling him that he passed the test and gave him what looked like a packet. Akio didn't say a word but gave a nod to the lady at the desk and moved to look at what was inside of it. What Akio found was a paper telling him that 101 was his room(with the keys) and it also had his classes inside of there. After a few minutes searching for his room Akio found it and used the key to open the door to see his room. Akio thought to himself"this is were I will be living in might as well make this place spot less" smiling to himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riley smiled as the bookworm had found him the perfect book. He smiled down at him. "Now, you come back here when yer finished with that one. I got another one for ya." The worm scooted off, and Riley went to check it out. He went to hand it to the librarian and winced as his finger started to bleed. He looked at the librarian who had a small drop of blood on the tip of her finger. "We have had some students decide to keep the books in the past Mr..." She dropped the blood into something under the desk, the looked up at him..."Tinstar, Riley. I apologize, that is the only time I will have to do that for you. Enjoy your book." She walked away. Riley left the library utterly confused and headed back to his room, hoping to find his roommate there. As he headed into the room he heard someone holler, 333...that was his room. He walked into the room. "Uh yeah man that's..." He stopped and shook his head. He knew the school probably had spirits so he decided simply to ignore it because his roommate had not been there yet. He dropped the book on his bed, grabbed his bag and left the room.

Ryan found her classroom and entered into the room. Necromancy 101 was wrote on the blackboard. Only a few students were in this class, but she would assume it was that way because it was not a popular field. Just the way she liked it. A few students and that's it. She sat down and leaned her head against the wall, on the side of the classroom that no one was on. Yet, when it got closer to time for class to start she felt horror struck as more students began to pile in. Maybe this wasn't such a dead subject as she though. She groaned inwardly and closed her eyes. This was going to be the beginning of a long year.

Arthur eventually ran into his roommate, though he hadn't seen him. He watched as he looked around for who made the call about the room, opening the door as he did. So that was his room. At least now he knew where to go. Still in his shadow form he crept in through the crack before the door closed, then waited for his roomy to turn around.

Once he did he stepped out of the shadow, leaning against the wall as if he'd been there the entire time. "So this is the room huh?" he said. "And I guess you're my roomy. Arthur, or you can call me Arty I guess. I don't like it that much, but it's better than the other stuff I've been called."

He extended his hand, but didn't get up from his spot against the wall. "Sorry I'm late, by the way. You walk through the shadows enough, sometimes you get lost."

Blake looked around, she would glance back seeing Alex follow her. There wasn't much she could do but now she was going to have to try harder to keep her act up if she was going to be with 'her' the whole time. If Alex found out things wouldn't end up well, her father would be very unhappy. "Uh." She began to say but trailed off. It was just to awkward between them.

Rosa blinked then laughed lightly. "Mine are silver and purple." She said, amusement coloring her voice. She nodded before she dug a small black notebook out of her bag and used a pen, purple ink as it was, to scribble the notes down on the lined page. She didn't tell them why she needed the information, just put her book back in the bag and pulled out her class schedule to look it over. She made a face.

Alex continued his silent following of Blake. After a few minutes, he spoke. "S-so...do you like...music?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alia said nothing, but shifted, sitting in the corner. A shadow rolled over her so she could not be seen. She didn't want to go to her afternoon classes, so she just closed her eyes to doze.

When the entire room spotless in just a few minutes Akio with no one to fight with yet on beds he put his bag down on the bed closest to the window and looked at his classes Potion making, magical creatures history, Necromancy 101, etc. From that Akio knew this was going to be one heck of a school year.

Blake listened to Alex. "Music? Yeah." She replied. She slowed down a bit, she felt like she was going to far ahead of him. It would be rude to keep doing it.

Remi stepped out of the room and began to look around.

Cecilia raised an eyebrow as she noticed Risa writing something and she then looked at Alia for a moment before she shrugged and laid down on her back in the bed. "Neither of you are so particularly fond of classes, huh? Seeing as none of us have really gotten ready." She said while she drifted off into her thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Erin had been content with going to an interesting new school. "Had been" being the key words. Now she was quite unsure of the whole ordeal, as it seemed she was being put through a test of some sort, locked in a giant room with a handful of adults throwing spells at her, and one clunky robot that looked like it was used to train children. One was just a small ice block, but it hit her square in the stomach. This was not a fun school. This was an evil school. Obviously they had no idea that her "gifts" were the magical equivalent to getting socks on Christmas and couldn't possibly be tested like real abilities.

She did with it what she could; she had to stand still and concentrate in order to sap the energy out of the man who had hit her with an ice block, and while she was doing so, she was hit in the back of the head with a giant clod of dirt. When the first man realized he was out of magic to spend and noted his sudden fatigue, he walked to the back wall and sat.

The woman who had thrown dirt was the second to go sit by the wall, but at that point Erin's shoes had been set alight by a man across the room. She kicked off her shoes and threw them both at some kind of robotic machine... thing. She should have thrown them at the woman to her left who was chanting some kind of spe-- oh, it was a spell to make Erin levitate. Awesome. The robotic machine took a swat at her with a chunky metal hand, but she was swirling through the air to quickly to be hit. It was nearly impossible to concentrate on the woman when Erin's lunch was crawling up her throat. When she hit the ground, she knew her concentration had worked.

Now her jeans were on fire. Ouch.

That should have been illegal. This is probably harassment. She paid $20 for those jeans.

While the robot clunked towards her, she sapped the man at the far end of the room, and her flaming pants were suddenly no longer flaming, though they were singed at the bottom. Her feet and ankles looked red and splotchy went she glanced down at them; it was painful, but not debilitating.

At this point, there was only the pitiful robot left. Instead of sap its energy, she gathered all the energy she had taken and hurled it at the robot.

It exploded less than magnificently, just gave up a few feeble sparks before collapsing. It couldn't handle that much energy.

Erin heard the words "Close enough" muttered over a speaker, and was ushered out of the room by a nurse.

"Does that mean I passed?" Erin asked the nurse who had her by the arm.

"It's just what the intercom said, kid. Close enough. Your shoes didn't pass, though."

"I liked those sandals..."

She sighed many times on the way to the nurse's station.

Alex smiled slightly, a shy smile. "Umm..cool..what kinds?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alia shook her head, unseen. "No, not really." she said. Her voice sounded a little louder than if the shadow was not there.

As Akio saw that Necromancy 101 was his current class he picked up his school supply and headed up from the room. After a few minutes of being lost Akio finally found the classroom Necromancy 101 when the lady from the desk gave him the directions to the class and gave him a piece of paper. As soon as Akio was in the classroom he immediately picked the middle desk there and took a mental note on two people there an overly excited girl in the front and the one girl who was the exact opposed looking like she wasn't pleased to be in this class near the wall. After a few minutes of unpacking his supplies Akio looked at the paper he was given by the lady at the desk, the paper told about ordering the school uniforms and he had to fill the paper out so Akio thought this was the perfect time to do this wile waiting for the class to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.