Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avaiger

Original poster
  1. Sytal-1.jpg

Welcome to Wyrdwood University

By now, I'm sure you've realized that this is no normal school. We call it a school for the "Gifted" on the flyers. In reality, this is a school for people with supernatural abilities. Some of you may already know that you are not a regular human, and some of you are just now finding out that magic exists. Here, you will be taught how to control whatever powers you happen to have. Most of your time here will be spent in either training, sparring, and free time. Don't expect to learn any of the boring, regular subjects, you won't need them. Now, we hope everyone will be on time for the orientation.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, that's certainly interesting news," James said to break an awkward silence formed by the writer for one of the characters involved in this conversation being hit by the banhammer. He also didn't want to talk too much about his weaknesses, in the event of prying ears or eyes.

"I'm not about to go around blabbing about the exact nature of my survival powers, so let's just say I've never needed a sick day, and leave it at that," he said. "Unfortunately for your witch-lady, my dad's not that old, and we've got a family rule about witches: They ain't shit," he said with a troublesome grin, "Plus, my family's not big on the whole 'infinite punishment for a finite crime' deal, which is why we don't usually get along well with the forces of heaven and hell," he continued, putting a hand on Warren's shoulder and giving him a sympathetic nod. He couldn't profess to know what the man was going through, but as Prince of the Earth, he likely would some day, as he'd continue on as all the people around him aged into nothingness.

The thought of his own agelessness terrified him. He didn't want to watch as everyone around him shriveled and died to the ravages of time while he stayed as eternal as the mountains, standing strong and timeless even after thousands of years. He'd have to find some long-lived friends, that was for sure.

It was true what he'd said, the Darius family didn't play nice with demons. James's grandfather, William Darius, had kept a powerful demon imprisoned within a ring for seventy years, drawing off its powers for various purposes. Magnus routinely found ways to cheat or lie his way out of deals with infernal powers, and often stole various angelic artifacts, such as swords, wings, and even a couple of halos. The Darius family really didn't follow the rules when it came to the cosmic order of things, as it turned out.

Last edited:
As awkward as that silence was, the pair across from James was welcome to his response. As much as she'd love to ask questions, Evelyn was at least respectful of the prince's choice to keep his details to himself... at least until she could ask about them later. There's only so much patience for a mystery that an avid comic book reader could withhold.

Warren's response, however, was a scoff. A breath of hot air, quick and sharp, in response to Jame's thoughts on witches. The amount of confidence that this kid had was impressive, if not a humbling reminder of how he, himself, used to act.

"I mostly meant your mother, if she were awake," Warren corrected softly, allowing James to grasp his shoulder. The illusion flickered again like a crappy picture on an equally crappy television. The strength of his spell was wearing down but James just had to touch the illusion, didn't he?

"That's... That's gonna be sticky," Evelyn finally uttered, pointing to the prince's hand on her friend. "I-- I don't know; I thought I should at least warn you."

The illusion was just a mask; the swamp monster was still just a heap of mud and branches. So, when it's reaching the end of it's life, the spell gives up on hiding the texture of it's castor. Fancy wording aside: the pretty blonde is gross and twiggy. Evelyn can attest to the unpleasantness of merely hugging the guy when he's all hulked out and swampy.

Raziela whispered to Chayse, "Sorry, I know you already explained all that, but I kinda sensed Alfbern needed to talk or he'd bottle it all up until it exploded, it's happened to me far too many times so I can see the signs."
"Yes! Of course it is, my good sir. Please tell us your name," Alfbern replied to kid who had sat down with them.
Luciana was scared so much that she had to sit down and breath, it was hard to notice what was going on around her as well. All she knew is that there were a lot of people around her and she was not liking it whatsoever. So she sat down next to a girl who's energy faintly resembled a Nephilim. She could tell by how the way her hair seemed to shimmer. From the research her parents gave Luciana after her magical abilities started to appear, Nephilim usually show signs to the type of race they are connected to whether it be demon or angel. The shimmer showed an angelic side, and it started to calm her the moment she began to notice it. 'This particular Nephilim who has strawberry blonde hair, why does her presence calm me' Luciana thought to herself.
@Avaiger

Raziela introduced herself to the girl who had just sat down, "Hello, my name is Raziela."

Arya replied to James, "Heaven and Hell don't work like most people think, not that Angels or Demons try to correct them. My mother made sure I knew the truth, not that I know why, and how it really works is that Hell is where the truly irredeemably corrupted souls go to be destroyed. The Fallen Angels rule over Hell and any soul sent to Hell that escapes being destroyed becomes a monster, a Daemon. Heaven is where the truly righteous souls go for eternal rest. Every other soul gets reincarnated until it is corrupted or righteous." Arya didn't usually explain such things to people, but then again, she wasn't usually so open about anything.

Chayse was about to talk again when a sudden burst of terror froze him. He wondered why he felt an omen during the day, he rarely felt them at all, but the few times he did was always during a full moon. He decided it must have been something else.

After that day everything seemed normal. Everyone went about their classes and learned, or relearned, as the case may be, the basics of the magic that they would hopefully master by their graduation. Nothing beyond high school drama on magic steroids really happened in the month that followed. Then, as the new students began to get used to the routine, everything changed.
A thunderous bang caught everyone's attention, causing them all to run to the front of the school. As students began to arrive another bang shook the school. The students who had already arrived in front saw that the sky distorted and rippled. "The barrier around the school!" yelled a student.
"Somebody's trying to break in!" another yelled. Seconds later the barrier started cracking. With a final burst, the barrier shattered and a single person flew down towards the students. The figure was cloaked and masked, wearing almost exclusively black. Giant hands of pure shadow flew out from the figure's back and grabbed Arya and Chayse as hostages. Just then, the principal arrived.
"Let them go!" the principal, Merlin, demanded.
"Surrender yourselves and your death will be painless," the figure explained. It's voice sounded like someone scratching a blackboard. Then the energy within Chayse and Arya visibly flew out of their chests and into the figure. Chayse's body dissipated into nothingness and Arya's body withered until only a skeleton was left. The figure prepared to pounce.
"Auferatis Malum!" Merlin yelled. The figure screeched as it was pushed through the hole in the barrier, "Praesidio in Tenebris!" The barrier began reforming.
"I will return!" the figure screeched, barely heard through the now reformed barrier. A giant tree grew up in front of Merlin. Every teacher came to the tree and began chanting a myriad of wards and spells in a variety of languages.

James was sitting at one of the outside tables with Evelyn, having agreed to tutor her in various aspects of magic on her first day. He spoke with the confident and easy air of someone who knew exactly what they were talking about, which, to his credit, James did. "You see, Runic Magic isn't actually too different from boring, non-magical mathematics," he began, waving his hands around expressively as he spoke, "Now, the most important part of any rune is balance, this is why a circular runes are so common, like one of these," he continued, drawing a few basic symbols inside circles, "See, the circle allows for even distribution of energy across the entire symbol, assuming that it's connected to the rest," he said as he touched each rune with the tip of his index finger, filling them with a bit of mystical energy, which caused them to glow with a soft light. Each was a different color, with the rightmost one being yellow, the middle one being blue, and the left one being red. "Now, obviously these are pretty basic runes, but these allow me to segway into something a little bit cooler, that aught to get the blondie's attention too, since this theory didn't exist in his day," he said, beginning to draw something more complex in the table, "So, each of those runes has a pretty different symbol right? Which, as we know, should mean they should produce very different effects. But, in the early 1800s, we discovered a technique to-"

James was cut off midway through his teachings, which was a shame, because he was about to do something really cool for his example. This however, was more important, as something smashed through the barrier screeching like some sort of hawk. The earth prince bolted to his feet, one leg up on the table as the intruder reached with shadowy hands of a magic James didn't recognize, grabbing for two students. James pumped his legs, leaping into the air as he drew his blade, intending to intercept by cutting off the shadowy hands, but he was batted out of the air by a third hand that sprouted out of one of the others.

He smashed into the ground, hard. Harder than anything had ever hit him before. The ground around him was visibly cracked, and he'd been pushed a couple of inches into it for certain.

His world spun for a brief moment, and things were blurry. He couldn't think straight...

What's going on...? He thought.

"Surrender yourselves and your death will be painless" Something screeched with a voice like a hawk's cry, jerking him back to the moment and refreshing his addled mind.

"Oh, that's right," he said, slowly pushing himself to his feet, "I'm going to-" whatever badass one-liner James was about to say was cut off as the invader visibly ripped the mystical energy right out of the two students that he had grabbed, "No!" James cried, hand outstretched as if he could still save them.

Pure adrenaline pumped through James' veins, causing his blood to run hot. Liquid rock dripped from one of his hands, and the stone around him began to rise in temperature in response to his anger.

But, when a resounding voice, heavy with mysticism cut through the air, which was thick with the terror of the students, James' wrath was cooled.

Not through his own intentions however. Merlin was one of, if not the the most potent spellcaster in history, and purposefully incorporated and undercurrent of magic to calm the prince of elemental earth, stopping him from doing anything that could pose enormous hazard to his own health.

Both Evelyn and Warren had been hunched over, one beside each of James' shoulders, watching intently as the boy drew runes for them. 'Blondie's' brows betrayed his skepticism but, damn it, he was learning something.

That was until the air shook. The first bang caused Evelyn to cover her ears and duck her head. The second had Warren standing, eyes on the magical force field that kept all the kids safe. When the barrier finally cracked and failed, Warren tisked and shed his illusion; "just a matter of time this happened." Evelyn uncovered her head in time to see both James and her familiar rise to action. She was... out of place. But, as her guard shimmered into his mucky, branchy-self, she found herself stepping after him. They were partners, after all, so she'd have to help him.

Warren watched as James launched himself toward the dark cloaked enemy only to watch the kid get swatted to the ground. He snorted but turned his attention to Evelyn. Spooky hands were grabbing students so he made the effort to reach over and scoop his charge -- holding her close to his body like a mother duck and her chicks.

"Hey, we should do something!" Evelyn insisted, watching as James picked himself up riiight as Arya and Chayse were picked up by the shadow hands. The color drained from her as she watched the assailant suck the energy out of her classmate and friend.

"Arya--!!" The sound was more like a choke, the girls' voice was lost as the shock of watching the life drain out of the first person she'd interacted with at the school. While her eyes were glued to the carnage, Warren's head jerked towards Merlin. He pulled Evelyn a little closer until her back was pressed to his middle so he could hunch protectively over the girl just in case a real battle rang out. But the mystery wizard was dispatched by the principle and, threatening to return, fled so that the barrier of the school could be repaired. With no immediate threat, he released his hold on Evelyn.

The girl didn't stray too far, really. Waving a hand blindly, she braced a hand on the walking mud monster as she watched as the teachers sealed the force field. Taking a few deep breaths, she turned her attention to her lava-friend.

"James? What exactly do we do about this?" She'd never been in a situation like this so, understandably, she was shaken. Looking up to Warren, she continued; "he said he'd be back -- couldn't he break the force field again? Just as easily as the first time? What the hell are we supposed to do to prevent that?" There wasn't much the swamp monster could gurgle to reassure her without lying. After a subtle, helpless shrug, Warren glanced around to see how the other students were handling this attack.

Luciana was working in pracicing her fire magic at the time, it was difficult to not draw power out of her amulet. But she kept on trying. She made sparks with her fingers at the time, even growing them to small flames like a lighter. But it was tough, as she always drew power from the amulet or the Sun. "Dammit" Luciana cursed in annoyance as she stopped her magical abilities. Prof. Ignis looked at her and gave a concerned face, as she struggled more than other students. "Luciana, I would like you to try making your own fire from this torch," the professor stated as he lit a torch with his own flames, "It always can help of you start taking fire from something else as a basic before making your own. This way you grow stronger." Luciana gulped as the whole class was silent.

Luciana was about to try and do as instructed by Prof. Ignis, but that was before she heard the loud crashing sounds coming from the barrier. When it finally broke apart it freaked out Luciana's ears, covering them from the sound. It was like nails against a chalkboard for her. She heard the booming voice speak, but it was quite unintelligible for her, as she was still covering her ears. Then it was like everything had become still, the noise had not went away and had all but calmed down. The other students were still terrified about what may be going on. Ignis was still calming everyone down, but that didn't stop Luciana from running out the class to see what had happened outside. Ignis had tried to stop her, but he was too late.

Running towards the main doors, the girl opened them. To only see that a dark figure had just turned two students to almost complete nothingness. She was shocked, dropping to her knees. As Merlin cast the figure out all Luciana could think about was what she could do to help. 'I could help by destroying the figure. But how' she thought. All Luciana could do as pinch the diet below her and burn it. Her face showed the anger inside. This wasn't supposed to happen to students here.

Raziela was horrified. She had faced Daemons, but it was rare for her to feel fear, and she almost never felt horrified. This new foe, whatever it was, was like nothing she had ever seen before. For the first time in her life she felt weak, for the first time in her life she felt like there was nothing she could do, and that terrified her more than anything. She even felt bad for the Cambion, Arya, an emotion she had never felt for something even remotely related to Hell. And Chayse, one of her new friends had died as well.

Alfbern was on the ground, clenching his chest. He had never truly experienced loss before, growing up among a family of ageless beings. This shredded his heart to pieces. He never would've expected this to happen. He saw his friend die right before his eyes and he couldn't do anything. Alfbern went into shock and was unable to move for quite a while. They brought him to the infirmary to be treated, but magic can't heal emotional wounds. It took a few hours, but eventually he got back to interacting with other people.

"Alfbern, are you alright?" Raziela asked after she found him.
Alfbern looked up from where the attack had happened, his eyes almost lifeless. "No." Raziela stared blankly at him for a moment.
"You've never spoken like that before," Raziela stammered.
"I suppose that is true. I have never lost anyone before though, this must be a symptom of sadness," he said, a tear forming in his eye. Raziela hugged him, starting to cry herself. After the initial surprise wore off Alfbern hugged her back, and for the first time since the attack he felt calm.

A figure dressed in white and purple robes suddenly appeared beside Merlin, long ivory colored hair flowing behind them. As the Headmaster continued to reconstruct the barrier that kept the school safe, she threw out a form of her magic, small orbs of blue flame raising into the air. Where they touched the reforming barrier, a magically charged layer of ice began to form, adding an additional layer of protection. Should anyone or thing touch that layer of ice, they would feel a burning pain identical to that of regular fire. Once the barrier was reconstructed, the figure, who could now been seen was female, turned to the Headmaster and they spoke in hushed whispers.

When they were finished talking Merlin made his way to stand in front of the students who had gathered, lifting his hands and calling for silence. "Students, sadly we have lost two students but you must all remain calm. The entity has been dealt with, driven away, and the barrier around the school restored. I promise you that I and the staff will be investigating how this all happened. There will be a memorial service for the two lives lost here this day at the end of the week. I would also like to introduce an addition to our staff. As this is a school that teaches people how to use their powers in combat situation, I thought it wise to bring on a healer to help with any injuries that may happen." he motioned to the figure and she moved forward.

She fore a white and purple robe, her hands currently tucked into her sleeves. She had white ears top her head, each tipped in purple. She also had five tails the fanned out behind her, and long white hair that flowed down past her waist. She nodded her head and bowed to the gathered students, her amethyst colored eyes scanning the crowd, looking for anyone who might need her help. "It is an honor to be called back to the school. I am Eira Sionnach. Though I would like to get to know each of you, I hope it is not in the service of my healing skills." She stepped back and Merlin stepped forward again.

"In light of recent events, Eira will also be serving as added security and counselor for those students that require that service. Please show her the same respect you would show any of your instructors and me. Now because of the events of the day, I am canceling classes for the day. Eira will be here if any of you would like to talk with her about what happened." With that Merlin nodded to the kitsune woman and left for places unknown. Eira smiled softly at the students and stepped to the side, waiting for any students who might want to approach her.

Well...
If you say that Alex was devoured with extreme surprise and fear
You say nothing.
As something hardly crashed through magically created barrier, which, as several books tell, can't allow anyone who is moving in reality with magic to pass it. Alex could tell that intruder magic was far more superior than one that Merlin, or anyone else held.
-Now that's one badass entry!-
He whispered through silence, as he watched Merlin defeat intruder. He looked on the barrier slowly regenerating under Merlin's spell power, as he remembered something...
-Wait... OH MY GOD! IT CAN'T BE!-
He yelled hardly, as he ran to his dorm to take some of his books. As the school year began, Alex was permanently considered "Nerd". He was the only student who was able to read half of library in first mouth - but, really, library was amazing!
Although, library contained only old and mostly lyric and fairy tale-like information. So Alex ordered several books from one of his friends. In one book there were explanations on magical energy, as there was term for ancient and partially invulnerable type of magic
Anti-magic
Ability to fully alter, or sharply decrease effect of all spells and wards, even if they are superior. Since there were no pure anti-mages, and for non-pure, anti-magic was very low, there were no full studies about it, only tales and legends.

Alex busted on dorm door, finding it locked.
-SAM! SAM! SAAAM!-
He yelled hardly, trying to crash the door open. The tall male teenager named "Sam" slowly walked to door, and opened it.
-Wah' du u wan' from me?-
Sam asked, extremely sleepy.
-Remember that book with green rectangle on it, and black cover?!-
Alex asked without patience. Sam eyes opened widely, and he gave him it. When Alex received the book, Sam leaned on door, crossing his arms on his muscular, covered in thin dragon-flame fire marks, chest in t-shirt.
-What's about it?-
Sam asked again, not so sleepy.
-You heard that loud booming noise like if ten airplanes crashed in our school?-
Alex asked, sweeping through pages of book. Sam thought for a second.
-Yes, what was it?-
Sam was now interested, so his tone of voice became more warmer.
-I think it was a pure anti-Mage-
Alex said, finding the needed page. Sam eyes opened even wider, as he gasped loudly.
-TELL TEACHERS ABOUT IT!-
Sam yelled, looking on page with extremely hard magical geometrical formulas. Alex gave a slight nod, and started to walk away. But before he was able to do anything...
Powerful dark beam crushed on upper part of barrier, concentrating most of energy, not on breaking it, but on getting inside. Dark beam broke ideal spherical hole in barrier, and fell on Alex. Alex noticed it, as his legs started to loose power. He moved finger above single page, dragging it off the book.
Several moments after, Alex was laying on ground, nearly dead, but still with magical energy. In his hand was page with hard possible counter-spells symbols for anti-magic, and word, with giant red letters:
ANTI-MAGIC

James ran his hand through his hair, taking a deep breath before speaking ,"Well, after an incident like that the school's going to be on full alert. I'm sure the barrier's going to get enhanced with enough magic to give your average person a stroke, and there'll be golems patrolling the grounds 24/7. Hell, I'm probably going to get drafted into some work putting more runes around the edge of school grounds," he said with a heavy sigh, "Also..."

James paused for a moment, falling down into a sitting position and putting his head in his hands in shame before continuing, his words mumbled under his breath, "I'm going to kill that guy," he said. It was clear by his tone that the prince of earth very much meant his call of vengeance. This was a big deal for James, having sworn off violence some time ago. He'd promised himself that he wouldn't do any more fighting quite some time ago, and this solemn vow was something important to James.

But, this was worth breaking his vow for. Someone had broken into his house, his school, and murdered two of his friends. He couldn't let this stand.

He wouldn't let this stand.

He would fight. Fight for Arya. Fight for Chayse. Fight for revenge, and for justice.

The first thing that Sam noticed when going back in his dorm, was noise, like if someone fell. He turned, and noticed life-less looking Alex.
-AL!-
Sam yelled hardly, running to his dorm-mate. He sat on his knees, overlooking Alex.
-ANONE?! PLEASE, I NEED TEACHERS!-
Sam continued to yell, sitting by the Alex.
-God, what happene-
He whispered, as he noticed ideal circle hole in roof. He looked up, noticing same in barrier.
-God, God, God!-
He continued, trying to pick Alex up. But when his hands touched Alex's body, he momentally fell, knocked out.
@Eon @WitchesRayvyn @Avaiger @Neobach @UnsafeSpaces

"Kill him?" Evelyn's voice was hushed as she looked over to her friend. Alright, so maybe she'd only knew him for a couple of weeks but, during that time, she'd somewhat picked up on his lack of enthusiasm for fighting. So this declaration of vengeance was ringing chimes in her head. "Look, James--"

"Don't try to play the hero, kid," Warren interrupted; his eyes scanning the kids around them. When everyone seemed okay, he directed his stare to the prince. "Not that I have faith in your abilities, I don't think a reckless vow for revenge will look good for everyone at the school."

Evelyn stepped away from her familiar - now that all seemed safe - to close some space between her and James. While Warren did interrupt her, he did have a point... but for some reason she didn't think the schools reputation would be enough to stop the kid. Putting a gentle hand on the prince's hand, she offered a weak smile; "the guy said he'd come back, right? You can formulate some sort of trap and I'll be sure to 'not know a thing' if teachers start suspecting anything. But, really, risking your life right now would be a waste of talent... and I'd be down one really, really awesome friend."

A gruff grunt from Warren signaled his reluctant agreement before his attention was pulled away. A cat girl, not too far away, was clearly in shock. He recognized her from Evelyn's classes as Luciana. Strolling a short distance away from his charge, he spoke up quietly to the neko chick. Who knew how alert her ears were, cats were weird. "Are you alright?"

@Neobach
@Eon

Eira appeared beside James and Evelyn, her tails sweeping the floor behind her. "She's right James, though I wouldn't recommend getting involved at all. You are a student, here to learn how to use your powers, how to control them and yourself. I understand wanting to get back at the monster that took your friends from you, but I'm sure they, nor your friends that are still live, would want to lose you as well." her soft purple eyes looked at him with sympathy. She knew what it was like to lose friends and loved ones to things and events she couldn't control, and she knew the feeling of needed to avenge those people, but getting oneself killed would not fulfill that purpose. She gave him a small smile, hoping that he would listen to her, but knowing that she was probably wasting her time. She knew his father by reputation only and didn't like what she had heard. She very much hoped that he was more like his mother, whom she had met briefly while she had been awake last.

When she spoke again, she made sure that all the students around her knew that they were also being addressed. "Please, let the faculty, myself included, handle this situation. We don't want anymore students hurt or killed. If any of you would like to talk about what happened, please feel free to find me. My door and ears are always open. But please be aware that should any students be caught trying to look into this on their own in a way that would put themselves or anyone else in danger, that they will be punish severely."

She turned her eyes back to James. "I hope to see more of you son of Gaia, but I hope it is not while I am patrolling the hallways."

"No, you're right," James said, looking up at Warren. "But it will sure as hell make me feel better," he continued, coming to his feet. Turning to Evelyn, he replied, "And just let that maniac go out and hurt even more people?" He asked, his frustration obvious in his voice, "No way," he continued, shaking his head. "Old Man Merlin's a pretty good guy, but if he just wants us to wait around for this asshole to go for round two, then he's going senile," he said, pointing a finger at the fox-girl who he'd never seen before today.

James wasn't about to sit tight and wait around when his school, and his friends were in danger. He couldn't be the only one who felt this way. He could rally a group together and go after this guy, he knew it. James was privy to his fare share of secrets, and knew the locations of a couple of potent magical artifacts. They could collect these and/or other items of power, then go after their attacker and teach him a lesson. Maybe give him a full course in why not to murder people at wizard schools.

Reactions: WitchesRayvyn
Alfbern sat on a bench, thinking. He always saw people's souls, he didn't even have to try, but he couldn't remember what the figure's soul looked like. The figure, he saw the figure but not his soul. There was only one form of magic powerful enough to completely hide the presence of ones soul. It is a very ancient form of magic, no longer known about by most, much less practiced. It's very existence is a guarded secret among the spirits of the Earth. Earth spirits have effectively destroyed all hints that such a magic as manipulating souls exists. For someone to actually be using such magic meant that they must be ancient, they must have been around since at least before Egypt was unified. He stood up to go and tell Merlin when he overheard James and, as much as he wanted to disagree, James was right, Alfbern couldn't just sit around and wait for things to get worse.
Alfbern went to Merlin's office. "Merlin, I am afraid I cannot just sit and do nothing while someone who murdered my friend is running around," Albern excalimed as he entered the room.
"You want me to endanger my students by including them in the search for someone so powerful?" asked Merlin.
"I am willing to risk my life to stop that monster, and no punishment you could think of will stop me, I'm sure some other students will think the same," Alfbern replied.
"You already know something," Merlin realized, "fine then, bring any other students who agree with you to me. If my students are going to risk their lives they're going to do it under constant supervision."
"I will agree to that," Alfbern said before leaving to find others.
"Please go get Miss Sionnach," Merlin commanded. A raven appeared in front of Merlin and flew to the new nurse.

Eion heard the caw of a raven and she looked up in time to see the black bird fly into the room. It flew towards her and she lifted up her arm to give it a place to land. Once it did, it hopped up her arm till it was close to her ear. She leaned in a bit to listen to it's words, meant only for her. Once it had delivered the message, Eion nodded to let the bird knew she understood and then it took off. She left the hall where she had been standing and watching the students and made her way through the school. She gave solemn nods of greeting to other faculty she passed. Once she made it to Merlin's office. she knocked on the door and waited to be admitted

When Eira arrived at Merlin's office, he called her in after a moment of deciding what to say. When she entered the room, Merlin explained, "I'm putting you in charge of a group of students who are going help find the attacker."

Alfbern got Raziela and brought her over to James and Evelyn.
"Ok James, I know we do not agree on much, but, I do agree that we cannot sit around and do nothing, so I convinced Merlin to let me and any other students who want to help do so, as long as we are under supervision," Alfbern explained, "who is with me?"

"For Chayse, for Arya, for justice!" Raziela replied.

After the incident, James had been anticipating that Merlin would've been pretty resolute in his choice to keep the student body un-involved. Because of this, he'd gone back to his room and began collecting the things he would need for his quest. He'd began stuffing various small magical components into his pockets, and some larger ones into a duffel bag. Hunks of various mystical materials, vials of blood, saliva, and canisters of various dusts and powders, he knew he'd need access to every tool at his disposal if he was going to fight this murderer on his own. He slipped a ring over his middle finger that, if his symbols were right, should mask his presence as he passed through the barrier, and erase any signs of his travel, such as footprints or scent. If the staff didn't approve, he'd be forced to sneak out of the school under the cover of night, so he couldn't risk leaving tracks.

He tucked his trench blade, Rockbreaker, inside his coat just as there was a knock on the door. Thinking quickly, he slid his bag over to the window at the edge of his room, preparing to make a break for it. If it came down to it, he could grab his bag as he jumped out the window, and then run on foot or ride on a tidal wave of his magma until any pursuers lost sight of him. He didn't have everything he wanted to bring, but he had enough that he could manage.

Slowly, he pulled open the door to his room, standing face to face with that kid with the bears...Alf? Albert? James hadn't talked to him much, and didn't remember his name. Hearing his request, James's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, well...Yeah," he said, trying to sound nonchalant. "I'll gather up my questing stuff. When do we leave?" He asked, doing his best to block the doorway and hide the numerous components and reagents scattered around his room, on the floor, on his bed and desk.

"Once we gather everyone else who is willing to do this and meet Merlin, we should be able to go," Alfbern replied.
"Do you know any other students who would be willing to join us?" Raziela asked, "Evelyn mayber?"

Status
Not open for further replies.