Wyndamir: The Requiro Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the nymphs mostly gone, Nocturne felt now was an appropriate time to make himself known. He left the building and floated towards the towns center, nymphs that saw him fled the town, he prepared himself for the first time he was to interact with a living creature without the intent of killing it. As he came closer to the demon girl, he felt an intense light presence."I don't like this" he thinks to himself. "Hopefully that is just the multitude of... 'heroes' around here" He prepares to speak and taps her on the shoulder.

Vera was still busy getting rid of the rest of the Nymphs, it seemed they were pretty much gone. That made Vera happy. Meanwhile, Azura felt something tap her shoulder as well as some kind of presence behind her. She turned to see some creature before her. "Who are you?" She asked, mono-toned. She didn't seemed bothered by the look of the creature at all. Vera heard Azura talk and turned to see what was going on. By now, the Nymphs were all finished off. She noticed the creature, figuring it to be another demon. He was just floating there though and if he ended up wanting to talking to Azura that probably meant he wasn't going to be a problem. At least at the moment it didn't seem he was going to be. "Is there something you want?" Azura continued. Vera decided to stay quiet, it was probably better for a demon to talk to another one.

"I seek, Information. I wish to know about this world, and it would seem to me you would have a menial knowledge of it. Allow me to.... Introduce myself. I am Nocturne, Lord of Nightmares, and eater of dreams. And I find that you have a very....unique air about you. Also, to see a demon befriended with a human, this would mean you know of the world more than any other demon, so I have come to you." Nocturne spoke, his raspy, nightmarish voice echoing in the minds of those within earshot.

Reon watched as the nymphs just ran past him and Leiagh, not even coming close to attacking them. All they did was just run. "Why are they just running away," Reon questioned himself. "What are they running from is what I am wondering Reon. Let's check out this town, and head to the center. We need our armor on and weapons ready just in case if something or someone tries to attack us" Leiagh explained to her arch angel.

Reon nodded and continued on ahead, with his sword readied. Leiagh followed in from behind, readying her dual long swords. They both made it to the center within a few minutes. They had walked pretty fast to get there, making sure to watch what they do. They noticed a large creature like being speaking to a humanoid like being. "Well this is...odd" Leiagh spoke confused.

"Tch." Jiro was not happy that his prey had fled but he was impressed that she used a decoy, that meant she would be fun to go after. It was easy blasting the remaining creatures with his lightning but he could tell the thundercloud was none to happy about not being used. "Sorry, next time you'll have your fill." The man whispered, his wings giving a flap as the creatures disappeared and he lowered himself to the ground. Once back on the ground, the wings folded and retreated into his back as he found his cloak and once again wrapped it around himself. Quickly flipping the hood over his face once the women's attention was now on a new demon and two newcomers had shown up.

"It would be best for me to leave now, I really don't need to be identified." He sighed, and turned in the direction where he had sensed Minerva's energy before. Perhaps she was still in the city and he could pay the demoness a visit before she left, glancing at the people, he started walking. Hopefully they just ignore me. The criminal hoped, making sure to keep his gauntlets hidden under his cloak as he started in the direction of choice.

"Information?" Azura repeated after she heard what Nocturne wanted. "I suppose I could tell you some things and what I don't know, Vera could surely explain." Azura of course was going to put Vera in this, after all, it was her fault that everyone now believed they could go around talking to her. Upon hearing her name, Vera came up beside Azura, she had listened to the whole things.

"Ah, so you want to know about humans." Vera added in. "Well, what's the big thing you want to know?" Good, this guy wasn't here to attack them, he only wanted someone to ask about the humans. Vera did turn however, suddenly realizing that that other guy had disappeared from sight. She sighed, she wanted to know who that was. Oh well, she turned back though two other people caught her eye, they seemed to be watching them. She gave them a smile, just to let them know that what they were seeing right now was okay.

"I wish to know how I came to this world. I wish to return to my domain, the domain of dreams. I can now only go there in short periods by entering the minds of sleeping humans, and when I feed off them they die. I cannot enter a mind with out feeding eventually, so it would seem I am stuck here in the mortal realm. I also do not understand how these humans....ehm....communicate. I should learn to cooperate with them if I wish to return. For I believe it was by a human's doing that I'm here." Nocturne then notices the two across the way. His eyes squint and then he gives out a hissing noise. Shadowy mist begins forming on his arms. The mist turns into his blades and stands ready to fight. "Beings of light.......They will try and kill me. Unless I kill them first."

Reon and Leiagh noticed the smiling girl next. It seemed to be okay. Reon made a huff, and motioned for Leiagh to put her swords away. Then as Reon was speaking to put away his sword, heard the hissing noise and armed himself once again. "Leiagh, don't put away your swords just yet" Reon warned her. Leiagh heard the hiss as well, and pulled up her swords, "Don't think I won't, Reon." They both had waited to see what the being that had hissed would do.

Reon spoke again, " I don't want to hurt you, but if I have to, I will. My Prophet will not be hurt. I am proof that she is still alive. If anything happens to her because of you, then you will die. Besides it's not my life I am worried about." Reon was serious about his job, he may not get paid, but he does get the satisfaction of doing right. Leiagh looked over at Reon, and then back at the being. It looked dangerous, especially with the blades on it's arms. but other than that, it looked peaceful otherwise, at least in her eyes. "Reon don't do anything stupid, you aren't immortal. If you die who else will I have to talk to on my travels."

Reon scoffed, not taking his eye's off of the being, "I know you are joking about that Leiagh, but if this creature is smart enough it will not mess with an arch angel of Olan. And I can tell it has smarts." Reon wondered why these people were talking to the creature, at all. Reon tries to remember back to see if he probably killed more or less dangerous creatures than the one in sight. Leiagh saw the other people and kept her guard up, then whispered to herself, "I hope they aren't with the being."

"Arch Angel? So that is why your presence is so light. I do not trust you, but it would sem that you mean me no... immediate harm." Nocturne makes his swords vanish and settles down. He then returns to Azura to ask his questions.

Reon sigh's in relief, "Phew, I thought a fight might have brewed there for a moment. Well, I am glad to know there wouldn't be. I don't know anything about you so I have no idea how dangerous you are. Thank Olan." Reon dissipated his sword, along with his and Leiagh's armor. "Reon you came really close." She sheathed her long swords into the cases on her back. Leiagh sat down and motioned for Reon to sit with her. She pulled out her money pouch and tried to see how much she had to try and buy food.

"Why again do you need money Leiagh, you know that everything on this world is supposed to be shared" Reon groaned in annoyance. The woman shook here head, "Reon you know that rules and laws were set for a reason, just like there are rules and laws in the above world as you call it." Reon chuckled, and shook his head this time. He knew there were rules and laws like any regular society, but in the above world no one had to pay for food. You could just have it and no one would mind. That's what makes the land beings different from us angels though, he thought to himself.

Vera almost thought that there was going to be an unnecessary fight, but it seemed they suddenly understood each other. "There doesn't need to be any fighting, we just dealt with that." She said. She watched as the other two went and sat down, she let out a sigh.

Azura nodded, then turned back to Nocturne. "Hmm, first of all it seems that going around killing humans isn't really the best way. At least that's what I learned from Vera. They have more to offer I suppose. All you have to do is talk to them, instead of believing that fighting is the only thing." She explained, "As for your problem, I am unsure how you could get back to your domain."

"What about the stone?" Vera cut in, "He could try and use the stone to wish to get back to the dreams. We just need to find it first."

"That is possible, it is suppose to to grant any wish." Azura replied.

"Is that so. I suppose killing isn't always the right way. Talk to them? I am not sure if you have noticed, but being a creature of nightmares, I may encounter some... challenges, to say the least. But, I guess I must try. Umm... Thank you for the information, if you require me, simply call out my name, my touch has psychicly linked you to me. I will come in your defense. So... as my first action as a... less, violent being. I will, I suppose, apologize to the angel and woman for my... earlier behavior." Nocturne floats over to Reon and Leiagh. "Excuse me, Arch Angel?"

Reon looked up at the being, "Yes?" Reon looked at Nocturne inquisitively, and wondered what was on his mind. Plus they had just met, and it almost began in violence. Leiagh looked over at the two as they started to converse, watching to make sure they both did nothing to start any fighting. Reon was kind of interested himself what Nocturne would do to him if he had the chance. Then he noticed the blades on Nocturnes arms were gone, that was a step forward to kindness. At least in Reon's mind.

Leiagh continued to count her money and found she had a good amount to buy something to eat. Reon didn't eat anything really, being an arch angel and all, but Leiagh had tried to get him to learn how to act somewhat human. To do so she tried to get him to eat food a little more. She wanted everyone to learn what it is like for a kind person to be around, that way they can see life for what it really is.

"I would like to... uhm... what is it called... apologize for my... earlier behavior. I acted out of impulse, you see, you give off an extremely light presence and, as a creature of darkness, or more specifically fear, I find that most things that give off a light presence will attempt to kill me. So, I do hope that perhaps, being... friends with you, I may learn more about how to act... correctly." Nocturne extends his hand in an attempt to shake hands with Reon.

Reon stared at Nocturne for a moment listening to what the being had to say to him. It was an honest approach in Reon's mind and when the being had stopped speaking, a hand was held out to Reon. Leiagh looked at Reon for the moment and waited to see what would happen. Being that there was a slight pause for the moment, Leiagh had gulped as silently as she could. Reon nodded after some time and then motioned his hand towards Nocturne's. Reon then gripped Nocturne's hand and shook it. "Leiagh wants me to be a bit more accepting of different being's and i can see why. You are respectable for trying to do the right thing, even if you are a being of fear, you also made an honest approach" Reon explained, "I hope i would not have to fight you on the battlefield, but maybe with you as an ally."

Leiagh rolled her eye's at the last part, in a good way. She some how knew that he would say that to Nocturne. He would also say that to at least anyone being that has an intimidating look or like they have been in battle before. "That last part is always a good finisher Reon, it show's you have honor and aren't just a lackey of Olan" Leiagh smiled. That comment made Reon sneer at Leaigh for the moment.

"Thank you, Reon, I am glad that one as light as you can accept a being such as myself as an ally. You spoke of a Prophet before, I can assume it is this woman? She must be very important, seeing as you would defend her with your life." Nocturne looks over to Leiagh.

"That is true, we are looking for specific artifacts, and these artifacts are set for prophets of Olan, different ones for different means. Leiagh has one of them, a vase depicting the actions of Olan. It is said to be that the artifacts tell the story of Olan and his actions. I believe it so, there are several artifacts, each prophet is supposed to gain three. Since there are twenty seven artifacts there are nine prophets" Reon had started to explain. Then Leiagh had cut him off, "And he say's I'm chatty, he he. We are not supposed to really talk about what we do or what our set mission is. I could transcribe the story for you later, that is if you want to listen, since Reon already spoiled the secret."

Reon raised an eyebrow and was confused for the moment on what Leiagh just said, mainly on the word chatty. He had no idea what it meant...Chatty? Leiagh turned around and gave a small glare, which she rarely ever did. Then she turned back around to Nocturne, " Now what is your name by any chance. If you said it, I don't remember, i got distracted for a moment. If not, then tell me what it is so I can remember." She said all this with a smile on her face.

"My name is Nocturne, though I have gone by many different names to mortals. The Bogeyman, Nightmares, the thing under the bed, I am the maifestation of all those things. But, Nocturne is my true name." Nocturne "sits"down. Floating much closer to the ground and putting his arms in a way that would make it appear he was kneeling.

"Well, I am glad to make your acquaintance Nocturne. I hope you aren't going to be the thing under the next bed I sleep in, that would be slightly disappointing to me" Leiagh laughed slightly, she was having a good time now. Leiagh stood up and walked over to a vendor stall, and elderly man was hiding behind it, scared of Nocturne. He was selling food, which was fruits and vegetables on side, and meats on the other. Luckily enough, Leiagh was able to get the man out of hiding so she could buy a few apples.

After she had bought them, she waltzed over to where Reon and Nocturne were at. She tossed an apple to Reon, and sat beside him and Nocturne. Reon took a bite out of his apple, not expecting it to be a sour apple, and his face quenched up. Leiagh laughed at him for what his face was experiencing. "Humans and there crazy food tricks" Reon stated, still quenching up his face. After Leiagh had finished laughing she decided to hand one to Nocturne, "Here, try one."

Nocturne grabbed the apple. He examined it and finally said " Thank you for the gesture, but I cannot eat mortal food. It is not that I would not try it, but I have no physical mouth. I eat dreams, the wonderful, sweet thoughts and imaginations of the people of this world. I feel sorry for mortals knowing they cannot taste... experience their dreams the way I do. I don't know if there are words to describe the taste of dreams but I will try. Imagine the taste of the sweetest nectar there is to be offered, then imagine the texture of a cloud where you can feel each drop of sweet dew as it passes through your mouth, and finally, each dream is unique in the way it's "core" tastes. Will it be bitter, will it be rich, will it be sour. You can never know. But it is the greatest taste in the world. Now you may be wondering how I know what any of these things are like, it is thanks to those dreams, before I eat a dream I get to spend time inside it and experience what that person has experienced in each area they create in their dream."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.