Wyndamir: The Requiro Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...going to Frolencia, another one of Jiro's not so smart ideas. Instead of taking the shortcut like he should of, the young man instead decided to take the long way instead to think and have some time to relax before he had to be very cautious in a town full of people that no doubt were probably already searching for him; just great. Using the swiftness of Ashran and the endurance of the werewolf and another one of his forms combined he would have arrived at Frolencia in half the time if he hadn't had seen a group of bounty hunters and a group of guards heading towards his destination. "Looks like Fro is out of the question, I'll just take a minor detour to Avanton then hitch a boat to another one of the islands." He whispered before ducking into the forest and traveling that way. It would be much safer and hell of a lot faster because he could pack his cloak away and instead turn into Ashran and travel that way.

"Hey, being covered in fur isn't so back when you're moving pretty fast." The man chuckled as he ran on all fours and easily dodged trees and low hanging branches.

"Stupid human, using my form as a mode of transportation; how insulting." That was the voice of Ashran in his mind, a small side effect of Jiro's magic. Sometimes he would have the conscious of his old fiend in his mind and man was it extremely creepy and irritating. "I heard that."

Damn it, shut up Ashran, this is the narration not some time to be a smartass! Anyway, thanks to the speed of Ashran and a few other traits the young criminal was using it wasn't too long until he reached the end of the forest and immediately stopped. "Hm...I don't see anyone in this field so I can stay in this form for a bit longer." Jiro hunkered down for a moment to look in the horizon and once seeing that it was safe he broke out in a sprinting across the field and in the direction of Avanton. He just hoped coming to this town was a better idea and hopefully he could get something to eat and drink then get on a boat to lower his chances of being discovered. Plus he honestly didn't feel like flying right now especially as a very large ,white, dragon.

After sometime, he had reverted back to his normal appearance and once again hid himself under the cloak as he arrived at Avanton's gate. Now was the time to be very cautious on how he moved and talked to those he needed to, Jiro had come too far to be discovered now and once again either have to fight or flee depending on the situation. Entering the town then soon coming to a tavern he glanced up, "The Three Headed Dog? No, way too many people which means too many eyes and ears." He mumbleed and instead turned and goes over to a vendor selling bread and ale. "One loaf and a mug of your finest ale." His eyes were hidden but he smiled at the elderly man and handed him a silver then was handed his mea; then went over to a secluded bench to sit down. "Better bread and ale than an empty stomach."

"Eira, shifter of the seventh pack." she said, her tone friendly, yet indicating that she spoke to one who was most likely ignorant of such a title.

Max sighed a breath of relief. For a moment, he had gotten the uncomfortable feeling that this woman was going to ram a dagger into his gut for having the gall to directly address her. Now that she had answered, without stabbing him, he felt as if a great weight was lifted off of his shoulders. Leaning on his walking stick, Max adjusted his cloak with a casual motion. "An honor, to be sure." he replied, tipping his head respectfully. Abruptly, a loud and rather rude cough erupted just across the bar from him, causing him to jump slightly. With a tired and impatient glare, a grimy looking bartender indicated that Max's order was ready and proceeded to drop his plates onto the bar with a loud clank.

Chattering softly to herself in the mystical language of her people, Brook flew up into the roof of the tavern and settled onto one of the rafters.

Max glanced briefly at Brook as she perched above them, waving to her as she had begun waving furiously at him. Looking back to Eira, Max stuck his thumb in Brook's direction. "Don't mind her. She's a fairly young fairy, and still has a lot to learn about life outside of the forest." Closing his eyes for a moment and rubbing his forehead, Max laughed humorlessly to himself. "So do I, for that matter."

"Any reason why you introduced yourself to a stranger?"

Max smiled warmly, looking at his boots. "I suppose you could say it's how I was raised." Knocking his boot against the hard floor and dislodging a clump of mud, he lifted his eyes to meet hers. "There is so much to be learned from those around us. How will we ever get to know others if we don't try to? You know?" Not expecting an answer, Max picked up the loaf of bread on his plate and broke it in half. Leaving one half on his plate, Max offered the other to Eira.

"I don't think any human would blatently tell his name to anyone, or am I wrong?"

Max shrugged, pulling a piece of bread off of his half loaf and popping it into his mouth. "Sure they will!" Scanning the tavern, Max pointed to a pair of patrons that were interacting in the corner. "Take those two for example." One was a huge, brutish man whose arms and face were utterly concealed in tattoos. The other was a local harlot, whose immodest dress threatened to divulge the secrets of her chest at any moment. In a loud and obviously drunk voice, the man proceeded to roar about his mighty deeds that he had done across the land. Swinging his drink in a wide arc as he spun to face the crowd, the man loudly proclaimed that his name was Horst and that he would challenge any of them to a duel to the death. The woman at his side swooned as he said this, gripping his arm and dragging the braggart towards a private area where he could demonstrate some less lethal deeds of might. Raising his eyebrows at the scene, Max scoffed. "There are many humans who would give their names to just about anyone who would care to hear, let alone remember." he said, turning back to Eira. Holding his hand up reassuringly, Max said, "I assure you that I am one of the few who gives their name with no selfish intention....." Smiling embarrassedly, Max fingered the beads that hung from his staff. "....and I don't see how I could just forge ahead and get to know you if you didn't know me as well."

Last edited by a moderator:
Blitz heard The voice of the girl beside him drift into his ears among the chatter of the other people in the tavern. He gave a sly grin, looking towards the girl, "Shhhh. Not out loud. It's a trade secret. Bartenders are terrified of rabbits, and even more afraid of those who slay them." He placed his face back down into his arms resuming his slouched posture of relaxation. Though he didn't realize it, he was unintentionally listening to the conversation between the girl and the fairy beside him. Wait, how did she know it was a rabbit? The thought crossed his mind, causing him to look up from his arms and rest on his chin instead. When he thought he'd had a theory as to how the girl could have possibly known the smell of the blood coating his leg, his thoughts were interrupted. His eyes lit up as he heard something exciting from beside him. Did they say stone? He sat up pretending to yawn and stretch while he moved his hair away from his ears to hear better. He almost turned his head to look at the fairy, who now seemed to be accompanied by another person, a man who had a strange sparkle to his eyes as he looked to the girl beside him, but he quickly thought better. Eavesdropping is not often smiled upon He thought.

As the conversation between the girl and the guy changed topic to introductions, Blitz hatched a plan in his mind, one that would require precision, wits, and a small bag, preferably one that was thick enough to block sound. Looking around he frowned, "I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but it looks like it's the only bag around." He looked down to his satchel, worn and darkened from long hours spent walking in the wilderness while the sun was out. So I've got the bag… This'll be hard to do without spilling out all my stuff…. The thought lingered in his mind for a little while, as he wasn't having the best of luck so far. He shrugged, I'll take the risk He got off his seat, his tired muscles demanding he chose otherwise, just as the bartender came around with his drink. He couldn't see what the drink was but he assumed it was the normal run of the mill mead often served at taverns. He turned to the man and rose a finger to his lips giving a demented grin as he did so. The man, although confused as to what the gesture meant, remembered his earlier threat and quickly hurried away. Acting casual Blitz slowly began to pace around the room, whistling with his hands in his pockets trying not to look conspicuous. He did a full lap around the bar before nearing the spot he used to be seated, but on the other side of the girl, behind the man and the fairy. He looked dismally over to his drink, licking his parched lips, but soon focused back to the much more important task he was about to do.

That fairy's got some sixth sense about the stone and I'll be damned if I let her get away. He thought raising the bag. He caught a glimpse of the girl he'd once been seated beside, viewing her full on. He paused, and blinked a couple of times. His mind went blank briefly, before he snapped out of his trance, shaking his head, This isn't the time for for that kind of stuff Blitz, come on He shook his head. Then without thinking, he winked at the girl and prepared to swing for the fairy. Just as he was about to swing, the fairy drifted up into the rafters. He blinked a few times, processing what just happened in his mind then he quickly lowered his bag to his side before the fairy got high enough to see him. He stood there glaring at it cruelly. He slowly walked back to his seat keeping his death glare at the fairy all the while. Once he'd finally managed to sit back down in his chair, He put his arms down on the counter and slammed his head into them rather hard. His drink spilt over the sides a little from the impact, sending small droplets of the unknown liquid inside onto his already sticky arm and a little on the countertop. With one hand he reached for the handle, gripping it tightly before throwing his head back and downing the drink as fast as he could, paying no regard to manners It doesn't even matter anymore He thought sullenly to himself. Eh, at least the drink is good He rationalized, holding the mug of the unknown drink in his hands.

It seemed that the crowed Tavern wasn't such a good idea, it was taking forever just to get their food and Vera was starving. Hopefully, Azura wouldn't get fed up and decide to go cursing the whole entire place. She could get like that sometimes, it wasn't good to make her upset. Vera let out a shy, listening in on people's conversations; it's not like there was anything else to do around there while waiting. So far, there wasn't much that she cared for, of what she could hear anyway. There was probably plenty of things that could have been of importance to listen to, though she just never heard them.

When the drunken man decided to make himself known it sparked an annoyed nerve in Azura, her eyes beginning to glow a bright red. "What is wrong with humans." She stated, "A waste of time."

"Hey now, I'm human you know." Vera butted in.

"And look where I'm at. An annoying tavern waiting on food." The demon girl replied yet she seemed to calm down a bit when Vera broke the demon girls thoughts. It was terrible that neither of them really had any patience for this.

Vera sighed, some of that was right. "Excuse me, is our food ready yet." Vera asked the waiter as he walked by; he just looked at her, told her almost and walked away. It wasn't an answer Vera wanted to hear. Any longer and the tavern just might end up as a pile of ash.

Luckily, that wasn't going to happen because the food finally appeared on their table. Happy now, Vera began to eat, as well as Azura. Vera ate quickly, getting her food done. Azura however, didn't eat as fast but that was also because she didn't eat that much, her body didn't really need a whole lot of substance. She could go much longer amounts of time than most without eating.

Vera stretched, letting out a yawn. "We should probably get a room here at the inn soon. I'm getting pretty tired and don't feel like doing any traveling tonight." With that Azura nodded in response.

Looking down at the crowd, eyes unreadable, Brook fingered the worn wood of the truss that she sat on. A hungry smile appeared on her face. It was not a kind smile. In fact, her face became almost evil in appearance; a shocking transformation from her usual, innocent demeanor. This ravenous glare she wore spoke of one who craved power, and who would kill anyone that tried to stop them from attaining it. It won't be long now. The pieces are set, and in motion. Soon, one of these fools will find the stone. Then, from their corpse I will take it. It will be MINE. With a strange glint, Brook's normally beautiful teeth morphed into tiny fangs, which she exposed briefly. Sensing that someone was watching her, Brook cocked her head, eyes locking onto a young man who was nursing a drink at one of the tables. Her blue eyes swirled, and began to glow red. Keep staring, and I'll pluck your eyes out of your skull. With a soft hiss, she bared her fangs at him, leering.

Max called it an honor to meet her but she didn't understand what was so honorable about it. As predicted he didn't know what belonging to the seventh pack meant. She just looked at him with a mixture of confusion and a bit of arrogance before the bartender was back again, this time with plates of food, Max's plates of food. Eira gave a yellow eyed glare to the already frightened bartender, frightening him almost to death and he hurriedly went away. Does he have a problem with me that he refuses to give food. For his sake I hope that he returns with my meal. Her glare softened and returned to a human green eye coulour before she looked at the two again. For moment when she looked behind the two she recognized another guy. Wasn't he sitting on the other side of me? When... She stopped thinking when he winked at her and afterwards stared at the fairy who was just flying upwards. A moment was all it took to store that interesting tidbit she just witnessed, though she didn't know what to make out of it. Confusion would have been again readable on her face if she wasn't trying to keep it to herself.

As soon as the fairy was sitting on one of the rafters Max began giving excuses about her behaviour. They seemed reasonable and she was actually the same but her question came first she tought. "I suppose you could say it's how I was raised. There is so much to be learned from those around us. How will we ever get to know others if we don't try to? You know?" Eira knew the answer to that, smell, sight, hearing, your senses basically. But she kept from uttering them out when she got offered some of his bread. This is for me a sign that you mean well, you should have done that immediatly. If you did than I could have relaxed more. She accepted the bread gratefully and nodded her head in thanks. Whitout much hestitation she asked her other question before biting in her half of the bread. It was no meat, but hunger makes even raw beans sweet.

Before Eira's eyes followed the people that Max had pointed out she glanced at the person who sat next to her. He had returned to his old spot and was now holding tightly on his drink and staring at Brook on the rafters. She had a feeling that she should keep an eye on some people in this tavern, Max and Brook were no exeption. She took another big bitee of her bread before she listened to the people and what Max said. "....and I don't see how I could just forge ahead and get to know you if you didn't know me as well." She looked curiously at him, something wasn't right about what he said and she was compelled to say so. She swallowed the piece of bread that she had barely chewed and explained. "Knowing a name doesn't mean you know the person. For example; even I have heard about the criminal Jiro, doesn't mean that I know him. Or do you know him?" Her throath felt a bit more painfull as she talked on. "As for getting to know me there isn't much to be known. I come from the river area of the mountains near Eiaon and I'm moving to the mountains near Miston. There isn't much to my story except stories about my people rather than myself. Instead, why don't you tell some of your story? I can always be a listening ear." Her throath started to hurt now and she knew the cause. This human form is so inconvenient that I can't even eat properly. She reached out for the cider and washed the piece of bread away. That was the last bit of cider and it didn't look like the bartender was coming back to receive orders from her, leaving her hungry and without sleeping place. After this conversation I will just look for a place to sleep on the streets. It will not be so good as sleeping in the forests but it's better than sleeping in a cramped and dirty room.

A small glimmer of amusement tugged at the corner of Max's mouth. Eira had no qualms about table manners. That much was for sure. He watched amazedly as she tore into the bread he had offered her, gnawing with the ferocity of a wolf and hardly taking time to chew before she swallowed.

"Knowing a name doesn't mean you know the person. For example; even I have heard about the criminal Jiro, doesn't mean that I know him. Or do you know him?"

With a tug, Max pulled at the red strip of cloth that connected at the back of his head, causing his headband to fall free. Shaking his head lightly, black hair ruffling, he then slipped the fabric into his belt pouch. Picking at his nails, Max furrowed his eyebrows slightly. "That may be; but what would a novel be without a title? Or a tavern without a signpost? Names are the beginning. Something to attach all of the rest of the details to, and a crucial piece of information to have." Max reached into his belt pouch once more, revealing a small vial. Within the vial was a small torch bug, flitting around restlessly. Max tapped the glass pointedly. "I know a few things about this little guy. He glows. He's a bug. He feeds on herbs and hates this jar." Max held the vial up to his face, peering happily at the tiny occupant. "Those things are all very nice. However, it's what he's called that wraps all of those things into a nice little bundle. They call these things 'torch bugs'." Max's eyes lit up with childlike wonder. "Now, with that name, I see him differently. He no longer glows, but burns with light. He isn't just a bug, but rather a beacon to light your way on dark nights. He......" Max laughed. "....well, he still eats herbs and most certainly hates this jar. But you get the point." Placing the jar back into his pouch, a yawn escaped Max's lips. Stretching, he blinked a few times, eyes watering. "Jiro? No....." Max shook his head. ".....no, can't say that I know him."

"As for getting to know me there isn't much to be known. I come from the river area of the mountains near Eiaon and I'm moving to the mountains near Miston. There isn't much to my story but maybe there is much to yours, I can always be a listening ear."

Surprise flashed across Max's face. As Eira said the word 'Miston', memories flooded into his mind. Memories of home. "Miston, eh?" Max said with a distant voice. "Funny thing you'd be heading there. You see, I was born there. I spent almost all the years of my life roaming those lands, seeking adventure." A hint of sadness entered his tone as he continued. "It was there that my parents and grandfather died." Eyes becoming a bit misty, Max roughly wiped his face with the sleeve of his green tunic, tone returning to a more upbeat nature. "But enough of that. I can bore you with the details of my life once you've had a full meal and some rest." Picking up his plates, Max set off towards the table he had picked out. Stopping a few paces away from her, Max turned his head to face Eira once more. "I'd be more than happy to show you some neat places in Miston, if ever our paths cross in the future."

Blitz averted his eyes from the fairy and lowered his cup, now empty, from his mouth. The actions were more out of shock than anything. My mind must be playing tricks on me again, he shook his head trying to erase the memory of the innocent fairy he'd just witnessed give a rather disturbing look towards him. I should probably get some sleep. I'm getting a little delusional I feel. He irately looked around the tavern, his stomach's growl turning into a roar. Not that anything in the tavern exactly appealed to his appetite, as all he could smell was a strange combination of beer and sweat. Rather he looked around more out of the lack of service he'd been receiving. Getting fed up, he turned back forwards and slammed his fists down onto the counter, looking for the bartender, "For them to take this long....this better be a five star meal." He glared towards the door where the tender had disappeared into, "Two more minutes. Two more minutes and I'll nick all he has" He whispered quietly to himself.

Suddenly the man came out holding a singular tray of food in two hands. Blitz's jaw dropped. His mouth watered as he looked at the succulent piece of meat on his plate dripping with juices. The scents it emitted brought tears of joy to his eyes, It's so beautiful he thought, wiping off his eyes with his sleeve, which left traces of dirt on his face. The man with effort placed the plate in front of him, "Here you are sir. There ain't no change though." The tender looked nervously towards him, expecting to face some form of punishment. Instead Blitz just sat there and stared at the food placed before him. He waved his hand to the man, signifying he leave, which he promptly followed. Blitz sat in awe, lost as to how he should even begin to eat his food, no, masterpiece. He sat there for a long while drooling over it. Abruptly, he snapped out of his food induced trance, grabbing the fork and knife that had been supplied with the food, and began to hungrily devour the meal.

The flavoring of it was perfect, the best he'd tasted in a long while, though he barely noticed as he shoveled in mouthful after mouthful.. His hunger quickly resided as his stomach grew satisfied from the food. Once he'd eaten enough to lose the initial ravenous mind set he'd acquired upon seeing the meal, he began to slow down, finally nourished enough to remember proper etiquette. He glanced beside him to the girl who'd still yet to receive her food. I guess money pays for service here too he shrugged and continued to eat his meal which was nearly half done, but already left him feeling slightly full. All the while he felt an ominous presence behind him, one he'd not felt in a long while that had been growing larger since he'd entered the tavern. Torn between continuing his feast or looking for the presence of this feeling, he eventually decided to quickly survey the room to try and find the source. While he looked around, he continued to grab pieces of his meal and eat them, providing him with a happy medium. His eyes narrowed in on what he was searching for, a smirk playing at his lips, "I would've never expected to see one of those here. How strange." He stared across the room towards a demon girl who sat with a human. He examined her thoroughly, not caring about how much of a stalker he looked to be to the other patrons. He struggled in his observations, as he couldn't get past her fierce set of red eyes. Eventually he gave up, realizing that if he wanted a further analysis he'd need to get closer. He slowly turned back to his meal, Perhaps later he thought to himself, enjoying his meal for the time being.

"There was someone staring at me." Azura remarked.

Vera look up at the demon girl, "Of course people will stare, have you seen the cloths you wear. It's not like your covered very much." Vera joked with a smile. "At least I have a bit more of coverage." She laughed slightly.

Azura was about to responded yet she felt something else wrong suddenly pop up at the moment. The man staring, which she knew wasn't about her cloths or looks would have to be dealt with later. Vera was forgetting that most people whether human or other don't take kindly to demons, and that was probably what was in his head. Right now though, Azura could feel a strange dark aura appearing in the town. "Vera, something is wrong."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Vera questioned, she thought it was about the guy and turned to look. All he was was eating his meal now, didn't seem that of a problem to her. "Nothings wrong."

"No, outside." Azura replied, still no expression on her face. "A strong demon."

Vera turned back to Azura, "Please tell me it's a good demon."

"I..."

A scram could be heard outside, coming from the main part of town. After the scream, people could be seen running away from the center, trying to get as far as possible for the moment.

"Bad." Vera said, and let out a sigh.

"It's her." Azura commented.

"Her? Don't tell me..." Vera didn't want it to be her.

"Yes, she's here now. Demanding for someone to give her the stone."

In the center of town there was a woman floating on an orb of light. She had her legs crossed, with a large smirk on her face. She was wearing a long black dress, with a slit on one of the sides near her leg, along with black high heel boots, and black hair that slightly waved down to the middle of her stomach. "Now, where's the stone?" She said, "I want the stone. Give me the stone, or tell me everything you know about it!"

Max froze as the screams reached his ears. They seemed to ignore the walls surrounding him, sounding just as piercing and loud as they would be if they were coming from someone inside. Max immediately knew that something was very wrong. "What on earth?" Max said aloud, walking curiously towards a window and peering outside. Through the hazy and smeared glass, he could vaguely make out some kind of commotion. Judging by the erratic movement of the shapes, it was not a happy kind of uproar. No. These people were afraid. Max sighed heavily, gripping his walking stick a bit tighter. He had a strange feeling that whatever it was that had the townsfolk screaming was going to become a problem for him as well, and that this tavern wouldn't be any protection.

A repulsive voice came drifting slimily from somewhere in the center of town, filling the tavern eerily and causing many patrons to down their drinks a little faster.

"Now, where's the stone?" "I want the stone. Give me the stone, or tell me everything you know about it!"

Brooks eyes glinted darkly in the flickering tavern light, gazing with hostile intent towards the direction of the voice.

"Achoo!" The criminal sneezed then pulling out a napkin, he wiped his nose then threw it away. "Great, I guess people are talking about me." He muttered before finishing his loaf of bread then downing his mug of strong ,throat-burning, ale with ease. No doubt they were furthering his bad reputation or something of the sort, when you were the world's most wanted criminal it was something you expected to happen. Then he glanced up at the wanted board he was sitting close to and smirked at seeing that his name and picture was at the very top, "Won't they ever learn that every time they raise my bounty up that means less and less common folk will try and hunt me, Though that does mean more and more pitiful bounty hunters hoping to take my head for a pretty copper." He shook his head before placing his mug on the bench then stood up on his feet. Hearing screaming and people rushing about in a panicked state Jiro looked at them curiously, they weren't acting like this because of him nor had they already found out his identify so why were they acting this way. Then he sensed the aura of a demon and sighed, no doubt he'd have to fight this demon so the town wouldn't get destroyed. Hopefully his identify wouldn't be blown by doing so.

"Time to play a game, how long does it take to tear is demon limb from limb?" A grin appeared on the young man's face as he moved his arms out from under his cloak, revealing the gauntlets on his side which his hands slid into and locked into place. Then electricity started to arch off them as he made his way towards the voice.

After taking a few detours to avoid large crowds of people, he would arrive in the center of town and look up at the female demon with an amused look as the electricity turned purple in color. "So...you want the stone or information pertaining about it huh? Now that isn't how you ask, why don't you try saying 'please'?"

Nocturne takes notice of a strong presence in the town. "Hmm, that's strange." He goes and looks over the rooftops. He sees a man standing up to a demoness, the demoness seems to be very powerful, most likely much stronger than the man could sense. "Hmm, let's see. A brash young warrior come to fight a powerful demoness. Seems too simple. One of them has a trick up their sleeve, or perhaps both do. I wonder how this will end." Nocturne surveys the crowd, feeling the sheer panic that this demoness has caused. Chuckling he says, "Mortals, ever afraid, ever weak. There are few who would stand up to powerful beings, and most that do end up dead. Although, some do come out alive, those that do. Have earned a menial level of respect from me. ... Wait, I sense... another demon?" Nocturne surveys the crowd, fortunately, even though his gaze would normally cause panic, but the people are already panicked, so he will make no difference. He brings his eyes upon another demoness. "Huh? So, another one. Is this town becoming infested with demons? Or is this coincidence? She seems at least slightly more approachable than the...other one, perhaps I can find out more of this world from her. I will wait until the other leaves." Nocturne floats into a nearby building, waiting for the other to leave.

Eira had noticed something about Max when he was talking about Miston, it was sadness that interfered with the intriguing part of the conversation. But before Eira could follow up on the conversation she heard screams in the distance that quickly grew louder, if she was in her fox form than her ears would be twitching from the sound. A few moments later Max froze when he could finnaly hear the sound pierce the walls, it didn't take long for him to go to the window to see what was going on. The curiousity of every animal, she sighed. Eira already kind of knew what was going on from the panicked screams she heard from the crowd so her curiousity was kind of fulfilled. The Voice entered the tavern and drifted inside Eira's head, making her shiver in disgust. The voice was like the whisper of a snake that wanted control of everything and didn't let go of it's prey, kind of like how she always expierienced telepathy.

Eira slid of the stool and walked up next to Max while tugging and pulling her pants again. The people around her in the tavern either also went to the windows or ran to the door, she didn't know if it was to flee or to just simply look, like the others did. When she was next to Max she looked out of the window and saw the panicked figures, she sighed at it. "Guess this is my que to leave town and search another way to Miston." While she said that she started fiddling with the window to see if it could open. "Better to leave with an empty stomach than missing limbs." She managed to open window despite the years of encrusted dust and grime keeping hold on the window. Eira put one knee on the sill and made herself ready to shift when the pouch with money jingled. It's going to be a bother to keep that, what to do, what to do... Oh, I got an idea. She turned around and leaned against the windowsill while she looked at Max. She had a smile put up again, one of the little things she knew meant friendlyness for humans."Can I have a tiny favor of you? You are the only one I can consider to know and trust here." Eira loosened the pouch from her belt and showed it to him. "Can you watch my money? I will come back for it when everything has calmed down. Thanks." Without waiting for an anwser or consent she forced the pouch in Max's hands and rubbed her cheek against his, the shifters way to say goodbye and thank you. "See you later" She gave a glance to the fairy. "You too Brook." She crouched in the window and let herself drop on the ground while shifting to her fox form, the form she felt comfortable in. The clacking of nails on stone could be heard for a moment before the sounds of the crowd deafened it and Eira dissapeared in an alley.

Eira had now passed many alleys before she halted a moment. Let's see, I go that way and I will be trampled by the crowd. Go that way and I will probably get involved in the cause. So fun to have choices. I just want to sleep. She quickly decided to avoid the crowds and make a getaway trhough the more silent areas. Soon she arrived at the town center and witnessed a guy and a woman who where about to fight. Calmly Eira sat down in the alley just out of sight. "I go the wrong way and instead I get to see a show, lovely." A canine smile spread on her face when she thought that out loud. Who shall I cheer for? The miss reminds me of Gavran, sooo... Go stranger guy. She almost started gekkering at the tought of having a Gavran look-a-like baing beaten up.

A dripping piece of meat on his fork inches from his mouth, Blitz showed an expression of utter satisfaction. He'd managed to finish nearly ⅔ of the succulent meal placed before him, and he was feeling the effects of it weigh down on him heavily as his stomach felt bloated and sore. Just one more bite, it'll be fi- his thoughts were cut off as he could hear, as with many of the other patrons it appeared, a voice tear through the walls of the tavern. Stone eh? he grinned placing the fork back onto his plate with the rest of his meal.

Reluctantly, he left his stool looking back at the succulent meal he'd left on the counter. He'd never expected that he'd be so sad to leave the filthy counter. Maybe we'll meet again. With an effort he managed to look away from his half finished meal and face forwards to see where he was headed. His feet still ached from trekking the area around Avaton all day, and on top of that he now felt as if his stomach would explode if someone were to do so much as poke it, which he'd have happily accepted opposed to the pushing and shoving of panicked pedestrians around him, "I'm trying to walk here!" He yelled as the large man who'd been showing off earlier pushed passed him. The man didn't give so much as a glance back as he hurried on his way out the door, "Jerk" He spat after him. He exhaled having used a lot of his breath in his angered shout at the man, then inhaled through his nose, an action that nearly made him hurl. He forgot what the foul stench of the tavern was like as he grew quickly accustomed to the heavenly scent of the meal he'd been dining on. With no regards to what was outside, Blitz walked out the door rather than look out the window as many seemed to be doing. It was no easy task to squish through the door, but his lean body managed to squeeze through.

The exercise and movement stifled his stomach pains, making them more bearable as he walked along but provided him with a nasty runner's stitch. With his slim frame he was easily able to maneuver his way through the exodus of people running towards him and away from the voice. He failed to heed this obvious signal of warning and continued to weave his way through. More than once he grew sidetracked by people he spotted with bulging pockets or loose carrying bags, but he was determined to reach the center of town and resisted the urge to take what he could from these people. Slowly, the crowd began to thin out as he grew closer to the center, pushing on like a blind idiot, "Finally, a lead that might actually get me somewhere!" He spoke to himself, the excitement in his voice plain to hear. His stomach pain had vanished, and although his feet still ached, he felt invigorated by the fresh air and nourished from his meal. Upon nearing the center of the chaos, he began to crouch and hide. I'm not a front line kind of guy. He reassured himself, finally finding a suitable place to observe the action taking place in the town center. He did a brief analysis of the situation taking place, "She looks dangerous. Then again, so does he." He watched the two with eager eyes to see what would happen.

Vera and Azura watched as people started to go look to see what was going on. Vera stood up, knowing that it would be a good idea to head towards the problem. "Let's go Azura."

"Right." The demon girl replied, standing up herself. They pushed past the others in the way, making their way to the door. Once they were able to get out they headed over to the center of town where the woman was floating on the orb.

"Wait, who's that?" Vera said, when she noticed some guy about to face the demon woman.

"I don't know, come on." Azura answered, but started to walk forwards anyway.

The woman on the orb looked down at the man who was just challenging her. "I don't say please, hun. I just get what I want." She stated, then noticed a familiar aura. "Ah, Azura! Still running around with the human girl I see."

"That's none of your business." Azura replied.

"Human girl! Geez Minerva, don't I deserve you calling me by my name by now." Vera complained.

Minerva laughed, "Just because you are with Azura doesn't mean I really care about you. Now, why don't you three tell me what you know. I'm not here to kill anyone yet, I'm just here for the Stone."

"No one is going to tell you information about the Stone." Azura replied, still monotone. "Leave before I decide to kill you."

Minerva narrowed her eyes at Azura, "Oh but I was having fun talking to this handsome man."

"Bah! I just want to beat her up already!" Vera cut in, pulling her her two swords. "There's no sense talking to her."

Minerva smirked, "So, you really want to fight huh." She replied, "If that's the only way your going to tell me anything then fine." She raised up her hand, a dark blue light appearing around it. "Have fun with these all of you." She said. Suddenly around the town there were small flying nymph looking monsters appearing. They began to fly around, attacking the villagers with bursts of blue orbs.

Vera raised her sword at them, hitting one. Once she hit it the nymph would dissipate into magic. It seemed they were created being, not any really living thing that had any kind of emotion or free will. Vera continued to swing around her swords. Some of the nymphs were easy to fight, others took a bit of hits to go down. The problem was, there were so many of them.

Azura pulled out her book, letting it raise just above the palm of her hand. Her other hand was out in the air, creating an X with her fingers. It would leave a light line of red that would also appear on the nymphs she targeted. Once she was finished making the cross the Nymph would dissipate just like when Vera would swing her sword at them.

"Haha, is that all you got. You two aren't just going to be able to beat all of these. The human girl will tire to easily." Minerva shouted.

"Shut up." Vera replied, continuing to attack the nymphs.

Blitz, who'd been quite contentedly sitting with his back to a nearby building and watching the action sighed as he saw the nymphs appear. "I really didn't want to get involved, but I don't think I have much of a choice anymore." He groaned, slowly sliding up the wall until he was at a standing position. "Then again, maybe I can avoid conflict." He crouched, and went further into the alley, so that he wasn't as visible but could still see what was going on in the center. He watched in fascination as the girl and the demon he'd been observing earlier in the tavern began to dispatch the nymphs. "Fascinating. They're quite the fighting force. But then again, what else would I expect out of one such as herself?" He narrowed his eyes to the demon, watching her movements intently.

His vision got obscured by a few nymphs that had flown between her and his eyes. They were headed towards him, already shooting blue orbs at him from a safe distance away. Blitz deftly dodged the orbs, moving to the side of the alley and pressing himself firmly against the wall of the building as the orbs flew past him. He held his breath and sucked in his stomach, then released it as he fell forwards off the wall when the orbs were safely away. He put a hand to his face, then reeled back in laughter, "If this is a contest of magical ability, I've already won." Within his other hand a dark void began to form, sucking away any light and color around it and leaving it a grey color. The orb grew at a tremendous rate, instantly devouring his hand so it was replaced by the ball that had wiped any color from himself and the alley, sucking in the power from it. Throwing his hands forwards in a punching motion, Blitz released the energy from his hand, shooting it off as a beam. "Uh-oh" He looked blankly towards the beam, which tore through the nymphs and continued it's way through to the town center, tearing through the middle of it. He breathed a sigh of relief as the beam dissipated upon reaching the other side of the center without harming anyone.

He watched in fascination as the nymphs exploded into a magical dust that fell like snow to the ground. The color around him slowly began to return, fading from the colorless gray it had been previously. He moved the hand on his face back down to his side, only after running it through his hair. "I guess there's no point in hiding anymore." He took slow lazy steps out into the center of the town, the last shades of grey disappearing from his skin as it returned back to it's normal pale tone. "Eh, this'll just make it easier to get information on the stone." He entered the center, emerging from the dark alley. His right hand was already engulfed by another black ball of power similar to the one made earlier, quickly turning his skin and the area around him to a grey color. His shirt and pants still remained black however, making him look like some undead creature. He swung his hand around in an arc, sending out a horizontal blade of the dark energy that dissipated the nymphs on contact, cutting them in two before they poofed back into magic. He kept his back to the surrounding buildings, not too keen on getting into the thick of the fight. "I'm quite content shooting them from a safe distance away." He kept on moving around the center, dodging the blue orbs being shot at him.

"Is that so, is it because of your charming personality or simply because of your looks?" He inquired, with a teasing grin that could be faintly seen under the cover of his hood. Then two other people appeared, well another demon and a human girl, and he sighed to himself, he was hoping to peacefully negotiate something or at least move her to a more secluded area if anything turned hostile. But thanks to these two he had a feeling it was not going to go the way he was planning. 'Of course not ,you stupid human, these are demons and they love fighting before anything else' Great, now the resident fur ball was once again talking to him in his mind, he really needed to get himself checked out or something, this was starting to be a bit ridiculous. Minerva was her name ,huh? Jiro faintly listened to the three but he was more focused on glancing at their hidden observers who hadn't entered the fray; hopefully they would stay there for a bit longer and not make it harder for him. "Being called handsome, that's a first, usually it's 'take his head', 'flay him', plus being called handsome by a demon I'll take as an achievement."

When the girl, Vera, drew her swords, Jiro shook his head and sighed. "What is with people and always fighting, whatever happened to talking in this day and age?" He would mumble before turning his attention to Minerva while she engulfed the town in a dark blue light and creatures appeared, they looked like nymphs but were different. Instead of attacking them like the girl or small demon was doing, he simply watched Minerva with an unwavering gaze even as two of the creatures flew toward him with their claws and fangs angled at his throat. Then he heard another join the fray, well he heard the laughing and also what the man said, rolling his eyes slightly at the arrogance at some people but continued to look a Minerva. Suddenly, lightning struck from the sky, vaporizing the two coming his way along with a decent amount around the town as the lightning turned several different colors each time it struck. "You know...I really detest fighting or taking a life." The hooded figured would stated as a blue gauntlet appeared from the inside of the cloak and pulled it off, revealing the world's most wanted criminal; Jiro Blackwing. "But I think this time I'll reconsider those thoughts and enjoy this fight to the fullest." He grinned, slamming his gauntlets together, causing electricity to arc from them. "Regigas!" The sky started to turn dark and cloudy as lightning arced from the clouds and hissed excitedly upon seeing all the possible targets its master could allow it to strike upon. "Minerva....you interest me, that's not something wise to do." The criminal smiled, pointing his index finger at her, "especially when you endanger the lives of the innocent."

As a volley of blue orbs were shot at him, he raised up his hand as they drew nearer and shot his own volley of highly condensed electricity. Upon collision, they made a small explosion and the young man shot himself up into the air and grabbed a nymph's face before twisting himself and sending it plummeting to the ground before eh shot another with a small beam. "Let's do this." A pair of scaly, white, wings erupted from Jiro's back and gaze a small flap to stabilize the man before sending him barreling towards a large group of nymphs with a grin on his face. Upon thrusting through the enemy, a lightning bolt from the clouds struck the young man and arced off his body to hit the creatures around him, reducing them to magical ash. "Minerva, I suggest you surrender or the next bolt will be at full powered and pointed at you!" He shouted, unharmed by what struck him and his wings flapping to keep him in the air.

Minerva did have to admit that the abilities of these people she was fighting were pretty impressive. But, it was naive to think that what they were doing was really going to affect her. She wasn't that dumb to just come here and leave herself way open.

Meanwhile, Vera and Azura were still fighting off any of the Nymphs that would come their way. Most of the townspeople had left already but if one happened to end up there, Vera would end up protecting them. She just didn't want any of them to get hurt because of Minerva. They really should have gotten rid of her when they had the chance. She knew that they would be able to if they both worked together and used a great amount of power.

Minerva was quite interested when Jiro started to fight, took him long enough, she was curious to see what he could do. It was impressive, quite impressive and if she wasn't smart, that attack he was doing would probably really injured her quite a lot. But, she was smarter than that. "I'm not that stupid. You really think I would come here and actually leave myself open in this place." She said, suddenly it could be seen that who they were talking to was actually apart of her magic, it was just an illusion of her body there. She was somewhere close, but not in the center where everyone else was. "If you really don't want to tell me, then I'll go somewhere else. No sense in wasting my time on all of you. But, enjoy my little lovely Nymphs." She shouted and then abruptly the vision of her started to fade away and they were left with the Nymphs still flying around.

"She's such a coward, I should have known." Vera stated, as she hit another Nymph with her sword. At least she didn't have to waste any magic on them, they were pretty easy to kill, there was just a lot of them.

"No matter, she just wants the same thing a lot of people want. People will try to get the stone in any way possible." Azura replied.

"Man, it would be so much easier if people just worked together in finding it. It's not like it has only one wish forever, it's one for each person." Vera complained. Slowly, the numbers of the Nymphs started to dwindle with the help of some others.

Reon walked along with Leiagh, and then they had stopped. Leiagh motioned for Reon to do so, as she saw some flowers that she wanted to pick. This made Reon cautious for the momen. He started watching for any danger abroad, as they were on the outskirts of Avaton. He noticed a few nymphs running from the towns main central point. He was on his guard, preparing if any of the beings decided to attack the duo. "Aru tuma rikan leond gaka" Spoke, summoning his armor, and Leiagh's armor as well. "Reon what's going on, why did you summon my armor" Leiagh questioned before looking up to see what was going at the current moment.

She was busy at the moment bunching up a few flowers, to even notice that their were nymphs heading in their direction. When she looked up, she saw the nymphs and dropped the flowers. Then she drew her two long swords, and readied herself, in case if she had to fight anything.
"Reon, are you going to draw a weapon" Leiagh asked a bit desperately. "Give me a moment, I am thinking" Reon responded as he was holding out his hand forward trying to summon a sword, "Humonu raku na, ki loir na!" A large two handed sword appeared in the palm of his hand, it was broad, curved and shaped slightly like a scimitar. He then gripped it with both hands ready to slice away with any means necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.