Writings....by Kay

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= You'll Understand When You're Older, Blue, solid]
A young couple were looking at nice houses where they would start they're family.
After a few "no" and "let's move on" here and there, they finally decided on a small house just outside the city, where it was quiet.
"It's just how we pictured," the young male stated as the two stood outside the little building.
"Small and quiet," the female smiled as she rubbed her belly.
"We're going to be happy here," she added, her eyes becoming damp.
Her now husband, wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple.
The couple looked to each other before heading into their new house. Their furniture had yet to be moved in, and the boxes weren't all unpacked.
"Do you think we'll be settled by the time she's ready?" The woman asked.
"Doc said about two weeks. We should be all unpacked and settled by then," her husband replied.

And just like he said, their new house was filled with furniture and unpacked within a week.
It wasn't much, just enough for them to get started.
This was all five year ago. Five years ago this young couple was preparing for their new family. They got a lovely new house, and eventually, a lovely young daughter.
It was a Sunday evening. Both father and mother were home together on Sundays. Neither of them had work.
They say in the living room, watching cartoons with their daughter seated on the male's lap.
"Daddy?" she suddenly called out. Her dad looked down at her with a questioning look.
"Yes, sweetheart?" he answered with a soft smile.
"What happened there?" the little girl asked, pointing to a scar on his shoulder.
"Ah, that. That's just a scar. You see, Jane, about ten years ago I got shot right here," her father answered as he pointed to his scar.
The little girl gasped. "Are you okay?" she asked. The question caused her dad to chuckle.
"Yes, of course. You see, I was in a fight with someone. They held a gun, I had nothing. I tried to take the gun from them. All the commotion caused that person's finger to slip and pull the trigger." The short story earned another gasp from the little girl.
"Why would you fight them, daddy?" Jane asked him.
"I had to. Maybe you'll understand when you're older," her father smiled down at her.
It didn't take long for the girl to lose interest and jump to another question. "Mommy! What happened there?" she asked, pointing to the woman's arm and wrist. There were a bunch of little scars, nothing like her dad's.
"Something that you should never do," was her mother's answer. Jane looked confused, before she even got to ask another question, her mother added, "you'll understand when you're a bit older."

That had to be about seven years ago, when Jane was five. She twelve now and completely forgot everything that happened. She didn't even noticed the scars on her parents... that is, until they decided on a vacation to the beach. The married couple thought it'd be good to relieve them of the stress from work, and their daughter could have a good summer break, knowing her school year wasn't so good.
The couple sat on a beach towel, talk among themselves.
About an hour later, Jane walked over to get a drink from the cool. It was then that she noticed the scar on her father's shoulder.
"Hey, dad?"
"Yes, sweetheart?" her father answered, his full attention on her.
"What happened to your shoulder?" she then asked. Maybe now she was old enough to understand.
"I got shot. You see, I was in a fight. The other person had a gun, I had nothing. I fought them for the gun, causing their finger to slip and pull the trigger," her father retold the story.
His daughter seemed surprised. "Why would you get in a fight with someone who had a gun?"
Her father laughed. "I know, quite stupid of me." He took one glance at his wife before he added, "maybe when you're older, it'll become more clear."
Jane looked between her parents and looked down at her mother. "But mom...what happened to you?" she asked, pointing to her mom's wrist.
Her mom sighed. "I was not well...promise me, you won't do this," she said.
The girl was obviously confused, not knowing what she meant, but she promised anyway. "I-I promise."
"You'll understand when you're older, okay?" her mom then said before giving Jane a hug.

That was five years ago, when little Jane was twelve. She's seventeen now, almost an adult...but something didn't seem right.
Jane stays in her room most of the time. Doesn't even hang out with friends from school. Her parents worry about her, they try to talk to her, but she just keeps her headphones over her ears, blasting music.
Tonight, Jane was thinking about everything that happened over the past couple years. She hated the thoughts that went through her head.
Jane thought back to when everything all started, she must have been eleven then. Of course, she gave no thought to it then.
Tonight, Jane let everything out..and cried. She thought back to one day...when she asked her parents about the scars they had. When she remembered it, she cried even more.
Jane looked around her room and up at the ceiling fan. She grabbed a pen and paper and quickly wrote something down.
She wiped her face and grabbed her phone charger, carefully tying it on the ceiling fan as she stood up on her bed.
It would soon be over....

I'm older enough to understand now...I'm sorry I couldn't keep your promise... Tell Kate she got her wish
~ Jane

"She promised!" Jane's mother was bawling her eyes out. Not even her husband could calm her down. "Who is this Kate?!" She kept yelling and tugging at her hair.
"Honey, please calm down," her husband begged. It was almost as though she didn't hear him. She paced back and forth the kitchen. "Jane! Listen to me!"
"Don't call me that!" the woman yelled right before there was a knock at the door. "What do you want?" Jane asked once opening the door.
"Is Jane there? I-I wanted to apologize for what I said," the young girl answered.
"No, she isn't. Who are you?" the woman asked.
"I-I'm Kate...Jane's girlfriend," the girl answered.
Jane's mother became angry the moment she heard the name. "What did you say to my daughter?!" fresh tears ran down her cheeks.
"I um... we got in a fight... I said she might as well just kill herself..." Kate flinched as "Jane" flipped the table that was besides the door.
"It's your fault! Jane took your comment serious! She's gone! She's gone all because of you!" Jane was tugging at her hair and sobbing. "I hate everyone! I can't stand any of this! I-I- Agh!"
Jane tore open a drawer in the kitchen and pulled out a gun. That small weapon hasn't seen the light of day in years.
"No! What are you doing?!" her husband rushed to her side, trying to pull the gun out her hand.
"You can't stop me this time Richard! My family disowned me, my daughter left me, what else do you want me to do?!"
"I'm still here!" her husband, Richard, yelled back.
"No! You're never here! You're always at work! I can't live knowing my daughter won't wake up again!" Jane yelled at Richard.
"She was my daughter too!" Richard yelled. "Stop being stupid, and give me the g--!" a loud bang was heard as Richard accidentally pulled the trigger, causing the bullet to pierce through his wife's forehead.
"No..No no no....it was supposed to be me! J-just like last time! It was supposed to be me!" Richard repeatedly cried.
Sirens were heard over his sobs.
He couldn't remember much. Just his hands being cuffed behind his back and cops all over his house. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Breaking Point, red, solid]
I hate you
Nobody cares about you
Your attempt to feel wanted is sickening and embarrassing.

I hate you so much...I don't understand how someone could hold so much hatred..
You make me want to shoot a bullet through your head. Or stab you in the stomach. Or choke you.
...Just to get rid of those awful feelings you make me feel everyday.

I turned away from the mirror and dropped to my knees.
I dropped to my knees...and began to sob. It was as though I came to a breaking point.
I couldn't stand it anymore. It was like my mind was arguing with its self.
No one cares about you. Just end it all. Disappear. No one would notice.
"That isn't true," I mumbled to myself.
I wanted to believe it.
Every little thing makes you want to believe no one cares. And you want to believe it more than anything. That you're hated. That if you disappear...no one will notice or even care. But something so small, something way in the back of your head, is telling you that isn't true.
I have parents that would be devastated if they knew I was gone.
I....I know someone outside of my family would care...at least a little.
Quit fooling yourself. Every time you try to reach out for help, you don't get it, do you?
I couldn't help the hot, fresh tears from rolling down my cheeks. This time, it was right.
I want to die...Is that what you want? For me to leave? Because I'm a disappointment? An embarrassment?
You're too scared to tell them what you really think, is that it? You give subtle hints, but you're too scared to just come out and say it. You think they'll think you're looking for attention. They would think that you're just another typical weak teen. They'll hate you even more for bringing your problems into their lives. Right?
I tried to call for help, I really did.
I guess you can say...I was too embarrassed to say what I really wanted to say.
I turn my head and see the chord to my guitar and amp. Just when I think I've come to a breaking point, I only cried more and ran to the bathroom.
I didn't want to think about that. I could never do such a thing
The last thing I wanted was for someone in the house to walk in on me crying like a baby.
I immediately dropped to the floor after locking the bathroom door.
Hugging my knees to my chest, and clutching the hair on my head.
Why doesn't anyone care?
Can't they see the lie behind my smile? Can't they see the faded tears on my clear skin?
Can't they see the scars on my wrists and up my arm?

The bottom of my pants began to feel wet, along with my arms.
I looked around, and noticed I was sitting in a puddle of red liquid that was streaming down my arms.
I couldn't breath. I started to panic. I didn't know what was going on.
I stood up, but I didn't stand up.
I could see that I was still on the floor, But I know I was standing.
No.
No no.
No no NO!
I looked down at my transparent wrists as I heard a pounding on the bathroom door.
"This isn't what I wanted!"

The door slammed open.
The yelling outside the door went quiet.
The only sound that could be heard was a small "ding", indicating a text message arriving to a cellphone on the floor.
The one little text...if only it came earlier.

Hey... been awhile since we've talked. Just wondering if you were okay. You seemed upset last night, sorry I'm just now getting to you.[/fieldbox]

I wasn't originally going to have a death in this one...but I thought it would seem more like a "Kay story" if there was lol

Its a Kay Story!
Lots o suicide
So much sad and hate
If not genocide!

Its a Kay story
Even though its good
Just makes ya wanna cry
Hope you understood!

The kay story song. Great one again out of all the amazing ones

Its a Kay Story!
Lots o suicide
So much sad and hate