Writing Club IC

GARDENING ROOM

"Oh, you're approaching me?" Toru said softly as he heard his name be called out. He continued to tend to his flowers as Arata gave his offer for the trade of plants.

"Hmm." Toru rose up, rubbing off some of the soil that clung to his knees. As he stood to his full length, the two of them once again confirmed that the nickname of a looming tree was quite apt for Toru. Looming was very much his natural state of being, a friendly seemingly benign type of looming. But Looming like a eighteenth century textile factory nevertheless.

"I am pleased with the gathering to see me, my fellow students. Social bonding is a key factor of the development of young minds. Coming without senior members on the first day shows bravery and trust!"
As Toru nodded to himself in agreeance. Arata and Umeko sneaked a glance back to the entrance. Indeed, Jing was nowhere to be seen. Where he had gone off to was quite the mystery.

"There are two torns on the rose you offer me, however." Toru frowned slightly, as if the fact that he had to bring this up was a great displeasure. "First off. My plants are an extension of myself. Where these plants go the gardening club soul is brought. As you two may have now paid attention to, I do not see the Writing Club attentive or dedicated enough for the care of my plants" Toru sighed again, it hurt him to speak badly of things.

"And second." Toru reached down to pick up a fallen petal on the ground. "Your offer for help is appreciated, but perhaps empty." He held his hand out. "Your club is wilted, dried and cracked from a lack of care." He closed his palm, crushing the petal. "My dear Arata and darling Umeko. Just your potential 'assistance' is not enough."

"But all is not lost. Terms can be agreed. But only over Tea, as all things should. Come, it'd be rude to leave my first guest waiting too long. Come."

First guest?

Toru led them through arches of ivy and flowers. Deeper into the 'room' of the Gardening club. An seemingly endless swaths of colour and earthy smells. There was still something that was bugging the two about the room however. Something still didn't sit right.

Soon they came upon a table in the middle of a patch of...well, the two could only describe it as wry weeds. Overgrown patches of grass met with many undescrible meshes of common garden pests that most would try to take out by the root. It gave a different lool compared to the rest of the clubroom. More wild and unkempt.

Sitting at the table already, was a girl with long blonde hair. A teaset in front of her. Her eyes closed, an aura of social purity surrounding her. Of course, Umeko knew this person as Lily Kör, Head of the Tea Club. What she was doing here alone escaped her. But her being around usually wasn't good news for other socialites. Those caught unaware tended to be trapped by her schemes and 'fun' social plays'. If there were social butterflies then she was a ....social...spider? Whatever the hell ate butterflies. Umeko had not joined the entomology club for a reason afterall. Lily did not seemed suprised by their entrance. Afterall, it was widely known that her lack of sight had given her supernatural hearing. As all blind people had.

"Now." Toru sat down, gesturing to the free seats available around the table. "How can Arata Doi and Umeko Hayata convince me to help?"

@Ehb
@FrozenDreams

• Thank You
Reactions: Ehb
[ Umeko Hayata ]
[Gardening Club ]

Taking a seat, Umeko was glad that Arata's offer didn't necessarily end up being the end-all measure. In the gardening club offering the club president the offer to 'help out' most certainly would detail things as unsavory as hauling bags of manure around. Spreading bags of manure around. Watering soil laden with manure. Gross.

But, now having unwittingly ventured into Toru Mori's personal man cave.... or plant cave, a curious new player had been set before out two Writing Club protagonists.

Lily Kor. With a pair of superfluous dots over their name.

A trap, was it? Effectively having Umeko a humble rook put up against a queen piece. Umeko swore to herself she would be sure to dropkick that useless club president Jing later for putting her into such a precarious situation.

Arata felt a tug on his sleeve from Umeko.

"By the way, Arata-kun. It's pronounced Ha-ya-ta. [ Hai-Yatta ]."

But the correction wasn't the only thing she seemed to be communicating. There was this sort of urgent and tight expression she wore as she let him glance at her. It was worryingly a bit of a far cry from the cavalier gesturing she was rooting him on for. Why the sudden change? What was it trying to convey?

Nonetheless Arata wasn't going to get a direct answer to that, Umeko did not say a single thing to him. Instead turning back to the task at hand.

Toru from that short exchange was clearly protective of his plants. It wasn't any surprise since he was the president of the gardening club after all. To Umeko and Arata he laid out the two most striking reasons against why he didn't want to just hand over his plants:

One: The club as it was wasn't worthy of receiving the plants, things Toru regarded as extensions of himself. It was clear that he had an image of the writing club as being lazy, and any sort of donation from him would just go to waste and be neglected.

Plants that aren't made solely out of plastic do require some care and consideration. Even a plant like a decorative cactus that is naturally hardy will suffer if it's just left sitting around. Since Toru regarded those plants as extensions of himself, he sees that if he 'gives himself' to the Writing Club, he'd just be submitting himself to torture.

Two: The club was dried wilted, dried, and cracked. From lack of care.

Umeko supposed he had this internal consensus that the writing club had gotten to it's sorry state due to the way it operated and was handled by former club members. In short, it was neglected and no one cared about it.

Together, they painted a simple picture:

In Toru's mind, the Writing Club was already doomed. On the way out and due to be disbanded. Toru wasn't going to go out of his way to expend precious resources to help them out just because he was a nice guy. The apparent facts were more reasonable to listen to. Unfortunately, in several ways, just from being in the club for a single day, she could understand all those sentiments.

Still, even so. Arata and Umeko had came here as Writing Club Representatives. They were honor bound to try to achieve the goal they'd been set out to do, even as hopeless as the situation seemed for the club.

Umeko's line of thought for passing this was clear. The proverbial rose that they were offering to this plant lover was one he was afraid was going to prick him by accepting it. It was their job to trim those thorns away by doing the following:

She and Arata had to prove that the writing club had a future and that they would see to the care of the plants Toru was going to give them. It was either that, or find an offer that Toru would find enticing enough to agree on. Still, a man who considers plants as an extension of themselves would no doubt be more receptive to feelings rather than than something as rigid and calculated as a 'deal'.

Or maybe the answer lie in a little bit of both?

No something like a 'deal' was simply taking the easy route.

If they were really looking for Toru's support, they had to convince him that they really were going to change things for the better for the club. If the writing club made deals left and right.... it would be like raking up debt that would ultimately end up being untenable.

There was no way for Umeko to relay what she was thinking to Arata. But she hoped that he'd come to a similar conclusion.

Yes, right now, there was a little tiny obstacle that had been set before her that was going to force her to play nice for this little footsie match in parlance.

Umeko Hayata did not want to engage in conversation with Lily if she could help it. A hesitation towards saying something that would get used against her later on was pretty big collateral. The Nuclear Option was still there on the table. But, with Lily in the room, using it now would've been 'taking one for the Writing Club team' of which Umeko still did not have the deepest vested interested in.

But, she couldn't let herself slip up with that girl occupying the same vicinity. Even Umeko was feeling stupid for taking this little errand so seriously all of a sudden.

Arata made a good first move. He was able to establish that the two of them were at least approaching amiably enough, and it was enough to get their foot in the door.

So it was time for Umeko to play her part. Her promise to be a good support - and try to build on that image of amiability. As long as she could keep her words safe, she wouldn't need to worry about tangling with Lily Kör.

"Oh... this place is super interesting." Umeko began, as she looked around the 'room' with curiosity. She was at the moment, appearing to be impressed at where she'd just been lead to. "I thought the gardening club was all just about flowers and plants that grow food and such."

This place was interesting, no doubt.

"I mean, when someone mentions 'Gardening' you would normally think about stuff that would normally be growing in any kind of garden. But, it seems you pretty much have all kinds of plants covered, Mori-senpai."

Umeko complimented him on the sheer wide variety of things growing in the room. She couldn't help but think that the dainty tea set seemed a little charming.

It seemed ignorant for Umeko to be getting lost in her surroundings when they had come to discuss details about borrowing plants, but there was a purpose to it. Would Arata maybe understand it too?

@Rithas
@FrozenDreams

Last edited:
Arata Doi
Interactions: Toru (@Rithas), Umeko (@Ehb)​

As he got closer, he could hear him respond back after greeting him. I can't give you my freaking request without getting closer. He thought to himself in the response of Toru's question. As he asked his peace, he awaited what he response was. Regardless of what answer Toru gives, if he were to counteroffer something of his own, perhaps he could use that for something, just anything could work with him. The offer to assist them was rejected...

...In fact, it was never even an option for him to begin with. Nothing more than wasted words to him.

Arata was annoyed. Not at Toru, but the fact that his idea was just a joke to him. Did he really screw up by giving such a weak offer for some plants for the club? At this rate, the Tactical Nuke was sounding more and more promising to him. But thankfully all was not lost. It seems Toru was willing to listen to them and agree to some terms over tea.

Phew. Thank goodness he was willing to listen to them, had he denied them any offer for plants, Arata would've just left the club in shame for failing their first task. But it wasn't time to waste. Arata needed to figure out something to work with for terms. As he was following Toru to their destination, Arata decided to focus on the two statements from Toru regarding the situation of the writing club.

"My plants are an extension of myself. Where these plants go the gardening club soul is brought."

"Your club is wilted, dried and cracked from a lack of care."

It was obvious. In fact, he's pretty sure everyone in the academy is obvious about it too. The Writing Club is pretty much dead at this point. The amount of dust accumulated from the lack of cleaning over the years and how terrible of a state that room is from the lack of interested club members. Why the hell would he even dare give his plants, which he considered it to be a part of his soul, to a club that doesn't even take care of the own room, not to mention their club at all? It seems Arata picked up something important from those two statements that could be used to help their case when the negotiations begin.

Good. Now we know that Toru doesn't believe that the writing club are deserving of any his plants because of the terrible state of the room and what feel like the members of the club don't give a damn about the club at all, Arata has a idea on where to start, but how is he going to make it convincing enough to him to accept it? Before long, they had reached their destination, alongside the guest Toru had mentioned.

While he doesn't know who she is, there's something about her that feels...off about her, and Umeko's expression regarding her hints to her being someone not to mess with. Also, taking a quick glance of the room, something feels rather off about it. He can't put his finger on it why, but he can't feel but imagine that the room is alive and that vines would grow out and grab them, and then all kinds of terrible stuff would happen to them in the room where no one could hear their screams...

...He needs to lay off on the horror stuff.

As he was currently addressing the situation in his mind, he felt a tug from Umeko as she talked to him. Looking in her eyes, he could see a glance of what he assumes to be a bit of fear in her eyes. The once strong girl was feeling a bit scared about the situation there were currently in. In other words, this simple task they choose to accept turned into a grim situation for the both of them. "Gotcha." Arata was feeling a bit nervous now with what is going on currently and that a simple mistake could cost them their mission. But why would Toru lead them to the inner part of the club? Is it to record them? To record their voices and the things they say in this room for blackmail in the future? Or worse? As he watched Umeko look around, Arata took a seat down. It was time to get to work. Convincing Toru will probably be no easy task and that he would have to be ready to answer not only his questions, but the girl also if she were to join in.

But if Arata is going to convince Toru for his plants, there were two things that he would need to address, those which were a major concern to him based on the statements he said just now.

1. Convince Toru that his plants will be taken care of on a daily basis like a mother to its baby.

2. Convince Toru that the writing club won't be abandoned like the others before them at that they will change the once wilted garden that is their club into a beautiful one.

With the two goals set in mind, Arata knows where to start, and he's pretty sure the two of them are willing to ask questions regarding what he will say during the negotiations. The only problem is not to allow himself to show weakness during the negotiation phase, one wrong move and the two of them could easily wipe him out. Umeko may not be able to help him the negotiation, but her support would help him stay calm and not give in should something go awry.

Determined to see this through the end, Arata begins speaking to Toru.

"You're right. The lack of care from the older club members had left our club closer to death than any other clubs. When we came in the club today, most of us were shocked to see such a club be reduced to nothing but a dusty room. A lot of us came here in order to further our interest in that skill and reach our dreams related to that, but we came to a broken down room that hasn't been touched for what feels like years." He nodded.

"I don't blame you for not wanting to hand out your plants to a dying club. From the few times I worked with you, you had such a passionate love with your plants that you considered them a part of you. And handing out your plants to a dying club that has no interest in growing would be killing a part of your soul, as if they would be forgotten and die out. Honestly, if I had given a very important book of mine to someone who would just trash it, I would feel my heart break and never forgive that person for simply destroying it without giving it a thought." He closed his eyes to think for a few seconds before opening them again and continuing.

"If we weren't serious about fixing this club and growing together as a team, we wouldn't be here negotiating with you. As of now, we already had gotten ideas for the new slogan for the academy and we're taking steps to cleaning and fixing up that boiler room to what it once was before the older club members came in. We have more plans coming and we're working as a team to see that the writing club is brought back to its former glory." He paused for a moment to think about the club, and what he asked the members to do right after he left with Umeko and the club president.

"Just before we left for the gardening club, I had asked some of the club members to make a place for these plants so that they had plenty of sunlight and that we would have access to clean water for them. Even before heading to your club, I had already taken the thought of making sure that your plants would be in good hands with us. And i'll make sure that the flowers are in tip toe condition every day, even if I must oversee them. Giving the writing club some of your plants means that you'll be putting all of your trust into us, but I promise that we'll not only take care of this flowers you've given us, but we'll make sure to make the writing club one of the best clubs in the academy. We'll turn that wilted garden of ours into something truly beautiful and awe inspiring for everyone to look at. You have my word on that." He finished with a smile, to show that he is honest with the words he had spoken. While he believes this won't be a guaranteed success, he does hope that it would sway his heart a bit and that he would be opening to trust him and the club a little bit more.

If not, perhaps he would need to strike a deal with him in order to get them, though he doesn't feel too excited going that route.

• Nice Execution!
woMI9M5.png

| DAICHI ORLENKO |

{ WRITING CLUB ROOM }

After listening in on everyone's suggestions, and furiously writing down notes, the highly motivated Seira, and the equally unmotivated Jing ended their brainstorming session by shifting everyone's focus on two tasks. The first task was requesting a replacement door for the one Norr destroyed when he unceremoniously entered the writing club like some typical Japanese Highschool delinquent you'd find in manga. The other was getting some plants from the Gardening Club so the air becomes more breathable? Daichi knew that morale was low and the atmosphere was dreary but he wasn't sure having some succulents and potted plants would be enough to make the club room hospitable for human life.

"This simply won't do at all. I get that the club has a non-existent budget right now and that this school is pretty lax with maintaining proper health regulations but if I'm going to stay in this club, or in this school at all, I need to do something about this miasma of dust enveloping this room."
Daichi thought.

"Excuse me, Vice-President, President. I need to take care of something real quick. Be back in a bit."

Having said his farewells, Daichi went straight towards the club room of the Engineering Club. He bet that if there's someone who can improve their club's air toxicity situation and elevate the air quality uop to standard, it would be the folks at the engineering club.

The first impressions he had for the engineering club was... well it looked just about how one would expect the engineering club to look like. It is what a normal club was supposed to look like as well. Hopefully, he could get these guys to help him get the air quality situation for the Writing Club under control.

"Excuse me, is this the Engineering Club? I'd like to make a request, if that's possible." Daichi said with some uncertainty in his voice. However, this was certainly all for show. He still wasn't sure how they would respond to him specially when they find out that he's from the writing club. But if there's on thing he is certain, it's that everyone has a price. Honest pay for honest work and all that.

• Useful
GARDENING ROOM

"I mean, when someone mentions 'Gardening' you would normally think about stuff that would normally be growing in any kind of garden. But, it seems you pretty much have all kinds of plants covered, Mori-senpai." Umeko commented, earning a smile from Toru. God did he love plants.

Lily made a small 'ah' as she finished her cup of tea. Gently putting it down, She 'looked' up. "Have you not been to the great botanical gardens of this club before? It's likeness can be compared to those seen across the world. It's looks dazzle all who are there to witness, or so I'm told. Huehue~" Lily giggled as if she had told the funniest joke as she poured herself more tea. "I like how quiet it is."

It was then that Arata eventually settled on how he would proceed with convincing Toru. Pouring himself some tea as Arata spoke, Toru stared intently at the boy as he made his movement.

"Well." Toru said, as he stood up, turning away from the two. "That was..." He shuddered slightly. Turning back around. Toru's face was reddened. Was he....

"Beautiful!"

Crying?

"Yes Arata! I could feel the blooming of your aspirations in your heart as you spoke. You have moved me to tears which will help grow the life around us. Aftrerall one with such passion as yourself will know the cost of not taking care of my gifts. Yes, perhaps we shall discuss what type of plants you will take-"

Lily raised an hand, "If I may add my opinion, Toru." She turned to the general direction of Arata. "You speak very well Arata-Kun. And I agree with Toru that with you that his plants would be well cared for." She smiled. "However, you fail to account for the other members of your club. Jing Giu leaves a wake of disasters in his path. It is a kindness that he does not seem to be in our presence." She put down her cup. "But we can pick someone much closer for an equally worrisome example."

She laid a hand ontop of Arata's own, leaning in towards the boy. "Do you know Umeko Hayata has never suceeded with a club?" She sighed, "It's true. While her grandstanding within the social circles of this academy is high. Her actual results is less then sastifactory." Lily sat back in her seat. "I do not mean any ill-will. But I think you should know about your club members Arata. Every club Umeko has been a member of is now defunct. While she maintains a fine image away from the failures." Lily gave a disappointed frown. "Has she mentioned leaving the club already? Or suggested you be the one to talk to Toru. As I've assumed you planned beforehand?"

Toru tears of happiness had begun to fade, "Umeko hasn't exactly added anything to your points Arata." Well, that was technically true...

Lily nodded, "Take me honest Arata-kun. I just do not wish you to be disappointed in the future. By someone who appears to be coasting by one struggling club to the next. For as long as she's been in this academy. Longer perhaps."

Toru raised his hands, to halt Lily. Before realising the folly of such and coughing. "Well. Let's not keep her out of it. She's right here Lily. This has just made me curious. I'll ask a question. Me and Arata can judge her answer."

"Why did you join the Writing Club?"

@Ehb @FrozenDreams

ENGINEERING CLUB

Daichi had to repeat his question, louder this time. As his voice simply sunk into the various clunks and clanks of the Engineering club. It struck Daichi as a simple metalworking room from the front. Just like one you would find in many schools across the world. But on closer inspection he noticed a large curtain at the back of the room where most of the noises were coming from. Loud grinding and the shearing of metal.

As he waited, Daichi thought to perhaps shout his request a third time. But before he could, someone delved their head out from the curtain. "G-Guten Morgen!" The student quickly ran out to Daichi. As he approached, Daichi noticed the various metalware on the person's body. A ear piece in his ear. Some type of apparatus on his glasses. A metal glove on his right hand. What the use of any of these were was beyond the Writing Club member but it was intriguing nevertheless.

"Yes. I, am Werner the Head of the club. H-How can I help you, or what are you here for?" The white haired boy couldn't help but see that the Engineer with a blonde mullet kept darting his eyes back behind the curtain. As if every second he was standing here something could go terribly wrong.

@Accelerator

[ Umeko Hayata ]
[ Gardening Club ]

Of course Lily had to still drag her out into the spotlight.

Arata was direct in his intentions. Direct enough that it seemed to have even won over Toru, which surprised Umeko. Their mission was almost accomplished, but Lily had to get their word in. She cast doubt over some of the other members in the club, and in particular, over Umeko herself.

The picture Lily wanted to paint here was that Umeko was not to be trusted. She wanted to introduce that thought to not only Toru, but to Arata as well.

So annoying. Just because she has nothing better to do. Umeko thought to herself.

There were a few spotty accusations one could put fourth from what Lily had said. But the person who mattered for the purpose of their goal - Toru - made it simple. He wanted Umeko to state why she had joined this particular, ailing and dying club this year.

She didn't need to be there. There were other clubs that were disappointment that she didn't choose to join theirs after the Coffee Brewing Guild got canned. For Umeko, someone who made her way around social circles, a club like the Writing Club seemed like a random choice given the person. For someone who seemed to crave going around and interacting with others, why would she pick a club where all you did was sit down and communicate with a piece of paper.

There was a distinct mismatch between those two.

However, in this school, where your 'club' was where you would spend a majority of your time... it was a decision that Umeko Hayata would've had to have put some thought into. For example, a vertically challenged person wouldn't choose to join the school's basketball club willingly unless they truly loved the sport - even if they were at a disadvantage towards others. Was it the same sort of thing for Umeko maybe?

She didn't particularly care about Lily trying to turn Toru on her. It was a given that a Social Arachnid like her would want to throw wrenches into whatever she was trying to accomplish.

But trying to sew mistrust with her own club-mate - that was dirty. Very dirty, she felt.

Umeko realized she was generating an awkward and suspicious pause as she thought out her response.

Even Arata, whom seemed to be in sync with Umeko up to this point, suddenly felt himself alienated. She had been clearly communicating to him non-verbally till now, but all of a sudden it was as if she was shutting him and everyone else out.

There was just this distinct hesitation.

What was she thinking? Why did she suddenly seem so conscious about such a simple question?

"I..."

She stammered. Almost as if she had been put into a corner.

"...-I joined because it looked fun! What's wrong with being curious about writing stuff?"

@Rithas @FrozenDreams

| Zauchi Miipi |
| Late. To the club room it is. |
Socializing Pings:

@Rithas @Jessica2477 @TheSly
Miipi had woken up, unfashionably late, and with a killer headache to boot. Terrible morning to start the school year! Oh joy, and her notebooks were scattered everywhere. Fan-freaking-tastic. Her hair was a mess, the black strands mixing with white, and she came out looking like a zebra. Big joy. Holding most of her 'blood'(fake, but pretty real looking) splattered notebooks to her chest, she tried shoving the rest in her bag, finally stopping at a random table, ignoring the people sitting there. Plunking her heavy bag on the table, Mii shoved all her notebooks unceremoniously, only slightly careful not to rip them. Slapping a particulary gruesome drawing down in front of the random people she had interrupted, Mii grinned at them before dashing off, sliding up and over a railing, dropping down to the next floor. Easier to get down the stairs that way, right? It was quicker, so Miipi was takin' that route. Her head throbbed as she darted around people, sometimes kicking a particularly tall person for no reason other then they were tall. Perfectly reasonable excuse. Once the steady murmer of people around her faded, she glanced up at her surroundings.

Miipi clapped her hands together happily. This deserted and run-down hallway was the perfect place for someone to get murdered! So many places to hide to body, carve it up, make some blood an- *<cough>* Focus Mii. Get. To. Club. Room. A. S. A. P. No time to contemplate how you could murder someone in this hallway and make a very nice death scene. Maybe add in a crying and pleading classmate, let them try and get away then stab them in the back and use a thin blade to- *<loud cough>* RIGHT. GET TO CLUB ROOM. GOING NOW. Ooh grey haired guy leaving room-FOCUS. MUST. FOCUS.

YES! I CAN SEE THE DOOR-er....the place where the door was supposed to be? Oh well, no door just adds to the fun. Makes a murder in secret harder to hide, but also the prospect of prey running from their death is also a fun story. Oh geez. Mii needs to stop thinking about murder again. Father said the stories will twist your mind one day. I guess reading about murder scenes and pushing people off bridges into traffic before school ain't the smartest of things, yes?

Miipi finally made it to the club room. Gazing around, she grinned again, feeling right at home in the run-down and slightly gloomy atmosphere. Trotting around the room, she plopped her bag on an empty looking desk. A few of her notebooks spilled out and flipped open, revealing the death scenes she had drawn. Big patches of black with dismembered bodies and other little fun details, if you noticed them, you have good vision. Glancing around, she met the eyes of the other members in the room, smirking slightly. A brown-haired boy with glasses, could totally turn him into a sadist, the girl with dark hair and purple-y eyes, also a total sadist. Could totally turn them into that. But nah, messing with the shady looking guy in the corner seemed like more fun. Mii's grin turned dark, and her teeth flashed, the naturally sharp points glinting in the dim light.

She quietly prowled forward, and stood right behind the guy's left shoulder, peering around him. She was silent the entire time and waited a few moments before deciding to open her mouth and lean in right next to the male's ear. "Whatcha doin, sweets? Wanna play a little game with me?" Mii leaned back on her heels and placed a pale finger on her pouting lips. "See, I lost one of my notebooks, and it has the details of a few murders in it. It has a dark red cover and a black binding." While she was talking to the male, one of her hands snuck out from behind her back and slipped the very notebook she was talking about under some papers in a stack just out of the male's view. "The murder was kinda funny, you know, death, blood, fingers being chopped off, a few bloody paintings on the walls. The work of a serial killer, ya know? It was in a room kinda like this, dirty, lots of broken down things and dust in the air. Oddly similar. There were about what...three?..four? bodies? Two male and two female." Glancing over her shoulder, Miipi winked at her fellow club members, a sly grin flashing across her face.

"Father said that if anyone found out about my stories they would send me back to the asylum, you know? So if you find a notebook like that, can you return it? Don't look in it, or the blood'll drop out of the pages and stain the clean ground." That wasn't true though. The ground was in fact quite dirty, but Mii's smooth talking and her entire body screamed that she was telling the truth. She tapped her finger against her lips and leaned in, creepily close to the stranger's face. "Or do you wanna help me with some research? I was planning on testing it on someone else, but you're here now. So, wanna help me find out how much blood a person loses before they die, ya know? I can't exactly go around testing it on people," Mii steps back a bit and rifles through her bag for something. Pulling out a knife, she grins and holds it up to the guy. "Right then, you'll stay and help me right?" By now, Mii's eyes were bright and crazy, and her grin suggesting a few too many screws knocked loose in her head.

Secret time!! The knife Mii is using to tease the stranger is really just a chocolate knife. It looks super real though, and Mii uses that fact to her advantage waaay more then she should. The notebook she slipped into the pile of papers, it's really filled with her dark stories and drawings. Theres no blood though, just small packets of red ink she forgot to put away..again.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Rithas
Arata Doi
Interactions: @Ehb @Rithas

Arata was ready to receive his judgment from Toru regarding what he said about the writing club. He had intended for him to question him more or ask regarding his statement. No matter what he throws, he would be ready to answer back with whatever he could respond back with. Arata was ready to do what he can to make this mission succeed no matter the cost. When he finally gave his judgment. He then...

...Started Crying?

It seems he was moved with his speech so much that it was enough to convince him. He was expecting some more, but, seeing as how he loves plants and that plants seem to have some kind of reaction to feelings, it seems his plants being a part of him did ring true. In fact, he was ready to just hand them over...

...But Arata knew that even if he believed in him fully, there was the "other guest" too. And he had a feeling she was going to jump in to make things interesting, which he was right.

He listened to her words carefully, and he did feel a bit of joy that even she believed that his plants would be good in his care. But that's the thing. It's only him and him only that she believed in those plants and not the other members, specifically Jing and Umeko. He did admit, if there were two people that had some kind of hesitation to putting it their all in this club, it was those two. Jing for his laziness in taking charge of the club and Umeko for hesitating to stay in the club due to the club's condition, or at least what he heard from her before heading to the gardening club. Of course, he did think the same way, but he wasn't going to play the coward and abandon ship at the state of his club if he could make it work, which he still felt like there's a small light in that darkness worth brightening.

But he was a bit intrigued to learn more about Umeko and her sudden stroke of bad luck regarding clubs failing. It was true that he had no information regarding her at all when he first worked with her with this mission, but to learn out that she may had caused the other clubs to fail without lifting a finger at all is...concerning to say the least. But whenever or not she was using it to break their spirts or warn him about her is still unsure to him, but from what he could from her, he didn't feel like she was lying.

Jing and Umeko...These two were indeed a duo that had shown signs of hesitation or laziness of saving the writing club when he first observed them, but at least he can somewhat say that Umeko is trying, even if its not assisting Arata in his battle to get the plants, she has supported him and gave him confidence to make a speech that would help him. There was a lot to unpack here, but he needs to stay focus and try to handle the situation calmly, without showing any emotions that would hurt either one of them. But first, he needed to respond to the girl first and respond back to her opinion.

"Your words are appreciated miss." He responded. "It's true, looking at the situation, if the club altogether don't work together to help strengthen the very thing they enjoy, then there's no chance of it succeeding. And it does surprise me a bit that we have a few people who are afraid or hesitate in repairing this broken club of ours, but i'm not one to throw away dead weight without giving them a chance in motivating themselves in it. I can admit, that some things Umeko had said did show to me that she may not be willing to fully invest in fixing the club, but I don't blame her seeing how terrible the writing club room was and the situation regarding the academy cutting clubs to save funds. Honestly, at first, I had questioned whenever or not the club could be saved at first, seeing the condition of the room and how to club members reacted to it at first, but I joined the club because I had a goal in mind for my future, and I wasn't going to run away like a coward without trying to fix it, even if I go down with the club. I wanted to be known as someone who is hard working than someone who is a coward and watches the club burn down." He felt a bit of pressure leave him after saying that to the girl.

"And while I don't know much about Jing, it seems he doesn't have much of a motivation for the club. I mean if he's been leading this club for a long time without any kind of success, it would only make sense to be exhausted from leading a dying club with no hopes of it getting better. As for Umeko, I don't know much about her until now, but I do know that she is trying to help, even if its not much for you two to see. If she really wanted to ditch the club, she would've left the club by now instead of coming here with me to talk with Toru. And even if she isn't talking much alongside me, she is trying to support me by keeping me calm throughout all of this while being able to convince Toru about the plants." He turned his attention to Umeko. "However, as you said, my words alone shouldn't be enough to guaranteed the success of fixing the writing club, especially if there are those who may not be capable of fixing the club. I think its time for Umeko to join in and prove that what I said wasn't just a lie." He nodded to Umeko, as a way to help her jump in on the discussion, but to not feel nervous and just help with supporting his speech he just said a minute ago. It was then that Toru had asked a question to Umeko regarding why she joined.

It was then that he was more worried about Umeko at this point now. He had been putting his effort into the mission, and while her support has come in handy, she hasn't done anything to back up Arata's words to the both of them. If they want to succeed in the mission, Umeko is gonna have to confirm what Arata said, not the mention give a good solid reason for being in the club. Though the guest seems to really know Umeko all too well, to the point that even she was hesitate to respond back to her question. This was looking bad. Umeko needs to relax and fight back against this guest properly or this whole mission will be a bust. After some time she gave an answer.

"...-I joined because it looked fun! What's wrong with being curious about writing stuff?"

Well, it wasn't half-assed that's for sure, at least to him. But even then, he's sure that the answer wouldn't be acceptable with the both of them. Not to mention it seems she just pulled it out last second. Perhaps what the lady said may have been right, maybe she did join for other reasons than for writing. Right now if Umeko can't convince them about improving the writing club, then its game over. But if she didn't care about writing, she would've chosen another club to join. Surely there must've been another reason for her to join this club. Maybe Arata needs to give her a gentle push in the right direction.

"While that ain't a bad reason for joining the club, if all of us don't have a strong goal or a dream for us to keep ourselves motivated while trying to help fix this club, then we, as a club, would fall apart." He said to Umeko, while keeping a calm and demeanor voice. "There were other clubs you could've joined, but you chose ours instead. Deep inside, you had a reason for joining us. I know you probably have a good reason for not wanting to share it, but if we want to proceed together, We need to hear it from your mouth. No matter how silly or embarrassing it is, i'll be more happy to hear it. Take a minute to breathe and think. Don't let your social circle or your friends influence anything. Just think with your heart. I'll ask Toru's question again and add in mine also. What was your reason for joining the writing club? What goals did you set out that would involve the writing club in assisting you achieving that? Was there a book you wanted to write or perhaps someone that you wanted to write out to that you cared deeply for? Take your time in this. You can do it. I believe in you."

He didn't want his effort in this mission to be wasted. If there was some kind of spark in her eye that would help her find a good reason for writing and help support what he said just now, he's sure its in there. She would have to look deep in herself to find it. He's taking a gamble on this. He can only hope that she would pull through and surprise everyone in this room.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Rithas and Mini
GARDENING ROOM

Arata's words seemed to further Toru's delight in him. It seemed Toru was easily inspired by words of not giving up. Afterall, what else is there to say to a seed sprouting from the soil but to not give up and reach for it's passions and achieve what it know it can? Or something like that plant symbolism was a vast and vague ocean to dip your foot into.

Lily sipped on her tea, which mug in which contained it was a cup of holding. "Hopeful, if Naivé words. Arata-Kun."

"However, as you said, my words alone shouldn't be enough to guaranteed the success of fixing the writing club, especially if there are those who may not be capable of fixing the club. I think its time for Umeko to join in and prove that what I said wasn't just a lie."

"Yes!" Toru said with gleeful repetetion. "What will Umeko say?"

Umeko was taking her sweet time. Yet at no point did Toru stop boring holes through her skull with his look.

"I..."

A duo of frowns.

"Boring."
"Cheap."
"Avoiding."
"Pedantic."
"Lame."

It seemed her answer had not gone well with those of other clubs. Yet Arata stepped in for support and advice before the mood could worsen. When He finished, Toru stared at her again.

"I'll give you one more shot at this."

@Ehb @FrozenDreams

THE WRITING CLUB

The shady student turned around. Face to face with an crazed girl wielding a knife. On the tip of a stabbing of chocolate pain with an audience of dustmites. Truly panic would set in for this man and shit was about to go coo-coo-wacka-bom-bom crazy.

Then he licked the knife.

Huh?

"Ah yes, The Butler's Decorative chocolate Knife, made to celebrate the founder's centurial. Yet ceased production only a month after it hit the shelves. For I think." The Man flicked the knife, sniggering to himself even more. "For precisely this reason. It was a rather interesting read I remember. If not perhaps faiiling to delve into the production issues."

Yes this was a guy. With dull gray eyes and a ruffled hairdo that preciesly spoke to the idea of 'not' having a hairdo. Ole timey clothes as well. The type of vaguely formal wear that gave the impression he had lost his journalist fedora in the hall walking here.

"Zauchi Miipi, right? While I attest him for doing so. My father did make me read lists of potential 'problem' students. To avoid any embarrassment I suppose, but what's the chase of a good scoop if you know what's at the end of it?" He sighed, whipping out a notepad.

"Ah yes, Asaya Slews. Pleasure to begin this interview."

Slews? Wait, Interview!?

"Now when you threatened another student with an apparent weapon did you have an specific intent. Was the mention of the lost..." Asaya eyes flicked down to his notepad. "Murder notebook an intimidation attempt? Off Record, I do wish to say I have not seen such a thing, if it exists. I wouldn't keep one. Murder afterall..." Asaya gnashed his teeth. "Makes a boring story."

"Oh, and feel free to speak in any order of topic."

The others in the Club Room glanced to eachother nervously once more. Letting this 'interview' happen uninterupted was probably not going to lead to great things.

@Mini @Jessica2477 @TheSly

[ Umeko Hayata ]
[ Gardening Club ]

There was always the nuclear option to settle all of this.

Of course, going that route was like admitting defeat for Umeko Hayata. Risking her reputation over some plants was not something that she was feeling so inclined to do. In any case, Arata had been giving his utmost through out this little errand of theirs. He had communicated, without hesitation, what he felt and thought to the gardening club's president. Arata was fortunate, it was easy for him to do that in this regard since he didn't have the side job of not wanting to reveal too much about them-self to others.

But of course, Lily was poking at her to cough up some of that information.

Umeko's uninspired reply was a product of that secondary goal - to not reveal too much about herself. Umeko thought about correcting Lily on what she was presuming of her - that ALL of the clubs she ever joined had failed. But had no interest to go further into her past like that.

In this world, information was key.

Umeko wanted to manipulate information on herself as much as possible.

Arata's honesty an sincerity touched Toru. The gardening club was passionate so of course he would respond to that honesty. He was also very articulate about what he said as well. Whether that was how he always was, or just him putting effort in this particular situation, Umeko couldn't say since she hadn't known him that long. But that articulate nature did seem to speak to Lily.

In a way, Umeko was just holding Arata back now.

The things that made his case perfect, Sincerity and Detail... for Umeko she desired to be on the exact opposite end of that spectrum. But in any case, the ball was now in her court.

She had to be able to overturn the misgivings that Lily had just inspired, with her thrown in casual tidbits.

But how could Umeko go about it without betraying her own policy?

"It's... really snide of you to imply that just because I was in a club that I'm somehow responsible for it failing, Senpai."

Umeko was looking right at Lily, who could not really return the gaze. However, there was this cold, but intense sort of dissatisfaction on it.

"Yeah. It's true that the Coffee Brewing Guild was disbanded last year. But, might I call to mind that I was just another member in that club. Not any kind of officer or the like. Since I was just a member, there was only so much I could do to try to keep the club from falling a part. But at the end of the day the root problem - overspending, was something that the club leadership insisted upon.

Early on, I had my reservations about the idea of everyone getting their own personal mug fired for them upon joining, but the president insisted that was the key in order to get people to join. In that sense, he was completely correct. People did join. And then they left soon after once they brewed a couple of cups of coffee and realized that going into detail over brewing times and the type of filter paper used was something they didn't want have expert knowledge in."

At this point, Umeko hugged her two elbows in a resigned fashion.

"Things might've gone a little better if I was a little bit more insistent. We might've been able to save the club if I kept on nailing the president over their obsession with those club mugs. But at the time, I just thought to stay in line and believe that the leadership were going to pull through somehow, but you can see how that turned out.

Yes, it is my fault that the club failed. My and everyone who simply followed along. Everybody except for the president could see where things were headed but we kept on doing as were were told until it was too late. Even towards the end, some of us just gave up and decided to ride out the free coffee until then end. That much is true...

But what I don't agree with as much, though, is the rather extravagant idea that I somehow orchestrated it. That there, is some very fanciful fiction Senpai."

At this point, Umeko turned to Toru, seeming to be finally ready to re-answer his question.

"Senpai. I got to see firsthand my old club wilt away into nothing but dirt. When I saw our old club president It was just as if I had walked back into the ruins of the Brewing Guild. But, I think that the fact that Toru-senpai is so hands off can be something... beneficial for the club. A leader whom is hands off allows for everyone else to decide how well they do. After seeing how invested in Vice President Seira and even Arata here is, I think I want to prove that we can bring the writing club back from the brink."

Umeko paused a moment. Looking around for an inspiration
....got it!

"The writing club right now is like barren soil that no one thinks anything will grow in. But I think everyone whose there now had within them the potential to work hard and grow the club into something greater. The last time I was faced with this I resigned myself to that same idea. But this time I wont. Even the worst terrain can grow something if the right effort and care is put into it. We're going to harness and inspire our club to rise up to that challenge! When we graduate, we're going to leave the Writing Club as something more wonderful than it was when I found it!"

She passionately puts her hand over her heart.

"The Writing Club right now is practically nothing, we can turn it into anything. It's going to be something that all of us will grow together. Just hearing Arata-kun's conviction now has convinced me of all of these things and I've only known him for like half and hour! It's not going to easy, and no one thinks we'll be able to do anything. But I wont give up this time. I want to see where the path of putting your heart into everything will lead to!"

@Rithas @FrozenDreams

Reactions: Rithas and Mini
Arata Doi
Interactions: @Ehb @Rithas

Arata did what he had to do in order to convince Toru that the Writing Club won't fall prey to being cut. And while he his efforts proven to be effective, it seems the guest of his challenged them to prove that the students within the club won't be a hinderance in its restoration, as one leech would surely lead the recovering club into its doom. But it order to prove that recovery is possible, Umeko would have to not only vouch in Arata's words, but to prove that her joining the club was of a good and upmost reason for malicious reasons.

Umeko's initial response was, of course, not strong enough. It was so weak that even the two of them mocked her. But if she caved in to her fears, then it would only prove the lady that the restoration of the club would only be a waste of time. Arata had to inspire hope in her heart, or the whole operation would be a bust. Of course, Umeko wasn't the only one they feared, it was the club leader, Jing, which, of course, Arata agrees with them. Without a strong and inspiring leader to lead the charge, then the morale of the club members would fall, and so would the club. And even though Seira is doing a good job leading them in his mental absence, she, herself would probably not be able to do this herself.

Trying not to let them get to her, Arata would have to put his trust in Umeko, to rethink her stragety and come up with a good reason for her joining the club. If she truly did join for no reason, then she would truly be a liability to the club. With the words he spoken to her, he would hope it would've done enough to invoke something in her heart. Please Umeko. Don't let all my efforts I put into convincing Toru go to waste. He thought to himself as he awaited her response.

Listening to her speech. Arata took notes on a few things that caught his attention. One, she was in a club she was invested in, one that had died because of its complications. Two, that she felt guilty for not putting in her full effort in saving the club, one that probably haunts her to this day. And three, even though the Coffee Brewing club died, she insisted that she didn't orchestrated the fall of her club, but the failing of the other clubs that she joined had gotten her a bad reputation of sorts. The girl seems to have a string of misfortune come around her, and that's something that even Arata was a bit concerned about, but he wasn't going to let that deter him from his goal.

Once she finished her speech, Arata nodded his head to her, smiling at the speech she gave to the group. Good job. He was happy that his words managed to get to her and help deliver something that would be effective in assisting Arata in what he said. Once that was done, he turned his attention back to the lady. "After listening to her new answer, I can understand why you feel she would be a hindrance to the guild. Having someone who gave up in trying to save her beloved club because of complications would really hurt someone so badly that they would be afraid in trying again. And that Coffee Brewing Club she was in was something that was probably special to her, that losing it really torn her heart in pieces. While what she said probably won't convince you that she changed, I can say this will be the first step in her changing her ways to do better not just for herself, but for helping others in the long run. I shall see to it that I help her in that path so that she fully realize her full potential." He nodded. His mind then came back to Jing, since she mentioned that he was another one whom would lead to the club's doom if not helped.

"...As for Jing. I know someone like him isn't going to be easily swayed to do better, at least for myself. I have a feeling that this will be a team effort to help motivate Jing into putting in his full effort in realizing the true power of the writing club. And with Seira, whom will play an important role in this, I have a feeling that we'll succeed if we put our hearts into this project. I know what we're doing is a very high risk project that could probably fail, but if we succeed, then our reward will be all the greater. And I promise to put my effort in not only restoring the club to its former glory, but to find inspiration for the other club members, who are still unsure about the club and about themselves if it comes up. You have my promise on that." he finished. Awaiting the response of the other two members.

Reactions: Ehb and Mini