Writing a story!

R

Rainjay

Original poster
Hi. I had this new idea for a story that I kinda wanna pursue (I never get far but that's not the point here!) but I need some help. I'm basing it around a world that is primarily based on Norse Mythology. There are schools that teach kids to fight using magic, physical combat, or both. But since it's based so heavily on Norse Mythology (children that use both magic and physical combat are training to be "Valkyries") I decided that the people in the world should reflect on that, and be Scandinavian/Germanic. But I don't know the full extent of physical features these people would have. I'm more looking for hair/eye/skin color and tones instead of "high cheekbones!" "chinky eyes!" and stuff like that, but I'll take both.

After doing a bit of research, it seems that most Scandinavians have either blonde, dirty blonde, or really light brown hair and green or hazel eyes.
As for Germanic folk, it seems much the same, save the frequency of strawberry blonde hair as well. Folk of both heritage have pale, almost milky skin.

Although, I would like to encourage you to remember that there are always fluxuations to these stereotypes.
Not trying to accuse you or anything, I just don't want you to limit yourselves. c;

Reactions: Rainjay
After doing a bit of research, it seems that most Scandinavians have either blonde, dirty blonde, or really light brown hair and green or hazel eyes.
As for Germanic folk, it seems much the same, save the frequency of strawberry blonde hair as well. Folk of both heritage have pale, almost milky skin.

Although, I would like to encourage you to remember that there are always fluxuations to these stereotypes.
Not trying to accuse you or anything, I just don't want you to limit yourselves. c;
Thank you! No matter how hard I looked, I just couldn't find anything but stereotypes X_X

And I just wanted to make sure that some of the characters resembled their origins. All the characters I have already are POC or have dark hair- I'm filling the rest in with characters of realistic Scandinavian/Germanic appearance.

Thanks again! :D