Writing a letter to the President

X

xmelesiox

Original poster
So, I have a letter to the president that is going out in two weeks. I don't know if it's going to have any impact or anything but I feel the need to write it non-the-less. So the letter involves several points of my interest and an idea he can consider.

Now - since several of my friends have read portions of this letter I've enclosed a back page that includes several of the ideas or things that they want to say to the president, as long as they are respectful and productive.

So I figured I'd offer the same courtesy here. If any of you have ideas you'd like listed or comments you can post them here or PM them to me if you want to include your name. That is if you don't want to write your own letter. I'm also not going to say that I'm going to include any/all ideas/comments posted because it is a professional letter and I need it to stay that way. However - any and all comments are welcome in below. I'm sure we'll get some good laughs.

Ask him how he feels about what the blackstronauts of the 1950's and 1960's did for the African-American community. If you nor he know what I'm talking about, see the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xJzAYYrX8

edit: I'm just kidding. How did you go about getting to write a letter to the president? And what sort of things are you going to be asking him?

Ask him if it's within his power to get Glenn Beck off the air.

OR. . .

How much it would cost to convert car manufacturing plants from combustion to electronic and the other new methods of car travel. Half the reason those cars cost so much is because they're not exactly mass produced in the same fashion as old-fashioned cars are now. Or at least that's what it feels like.

The way to go about writing a letter to the president is to have a massive ego that makes you feel like your opinion must be heard.

That - and there are several different ways to ensure that a letter written to the president will arrive at the presidents desk. Making sure the letter is in the appropriate format (business formats best), keeping it in a respectful tone with proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and all that good stuff. Plan out what you want to say ahead of time, get it proof read and make sure it carries your message appropriately.

The most important thing though is to make sure it is addressed correctly. A lot of letters to senators, governors and even the president are usually not received due to the fact that the incorrect address is on them. For the president you want it sent to

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington DC 20500

Why I'm doing it is because I've decided to go into political science. I'm started college and my plan is to go into politics. However, I don't want to wait till I'm done in school to get some of my ideas to the right people. Any letter you write to the president, or official, with an idea should be one idea to the main letter. I don't really have any questions in my letter, all comments and one idea. All positive.

When I was talking to my friends about writing this letter they all had short quick ideas or comments on it. So, the ones that made sense that weren't just ramblings, I started writing down. Now I have a seperate page that's going into my envelope of those two to three line ideas and comments from other people besides myself.