1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Romance
Whether you only write RP posts or if you've got a stack of novels in the works on the side, every writer has problems. I happen to think that writer problems are really hilarious, and I'm pretty sure that everybody on this site can relate to most of them. I've heard a lot that were really good but I'm sure that you guys have a lot more! I'll give a couple of examples and you all can just add on any that you think fit. :D

b5b22ddcaca5223a5fec70cebff68852.jpg

WRITER PROBLEMS:

- Trying to appear as a kind, generous writer while simultaneously inflicting as much pain on your character as possible.

- Having to argue with your doctor about caffeine being one of the major food groups necessary for living.

- Realizing a major spelling mistake [or an entirely missing paragraph] after you've already submitted it.

Spending hours researching when photography was invented and started being widely used so you can accurately describe it in a historical roleplay. =____=

Spelling the same word wrong five different times all in different ways. O___O

Not wanting to use names like Serena or Raven because EVERYONE UNDER THE SUN names their characters that, but damnit the name IS PERFECT for the character. >:[

Asking random friends if they know how long it takes to drown somebody because you're sick of searching for things on Google that have already put you on NSA's watch list.

Dying on the inside when you realize NaNoWriMo starts soon and you have zero ideas.

Waking up and realizing that the awesome chapter you dreamed about was never actually written down.. and now you've forgotten the entire thing.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
GOOD IDEAS WHILE IN THE SHOWER OR RIGHT BEFORE BED - FORGET EVERYTHING BY THE TIME YOU CAN WRITE IT DOWN! ;_____;

Trying to appear as a kind, generous writer while simultaneously inflicting as much pain on your character as possible.

This so much.

Having used the same word too many times but nothing else seems to fit. Or worse, having the perfect word on the tip of your tongue and have it come to you only when you can't write it down.

Having to kill off a character you have grown to love. ;_;

Doing a mega ton of research of a subject to portray something for your writing just right then never finding a good time to actually use said research.

Trying to do research online because you're broke and can't find one site that doesn't try to murder your eyes or isn't too vague to actually help.

Coming up with a wonderful character dynamic in your head but can't find a good way to show in a natural way how much these characters actually work well together.

Flowing with ideas for your side then getting a sudden block on your partner's side.

Flowing with ideas for your partner's side then getting a sudden block for your side.

Really wanting an RP to keep moving but you're just on total writer's block at the moment.

Where you really want to post more but that other person isn't on.

Where you really tend to use words a lot, like really.

When you look up how something works, finding that there's still allot of unknowns and may not work how you want it to so you turn to other works of fiction for pseudo science that may relate to what you want XD

• Love
Reactions: Ethys
g1384751866685081425.jpg

Having someone try to talk to you as you are writing.

Having too many ideas so instead of working on one your work on all of them and get no where in any.

People expecting you to communicate in more than screeches in November.

Having your muse strike when you have no wifi, paper, or functioning memory.

Wondering if the person you hate who you used as a douchebag in your story will ever read it, and if they're too lazy to sue you if they do.

All of these Come from my mom who's been published:

Looking something up for information, and then getting distracted by the Internet.

Forgetting to pick up your child from school because you're so engrossed in writing. (Yes, she has forgotten to pick me up at school once because she was writing.)

Going to bed at 3:00 AM because of writing.

Forgetting to eat due to writing.

Going on a book tour over your child's birthday. (She'll be on one this week, and Thursday is my 16 birthday ;-;.)

Who is your mom? I might be going to see her on her book tour XD I'll give her a birthday card for you if so :P

961d02502745a75a55275c50c6f7cb40.jpg

Being the kind of writer that needs to use a character in order to understand them better. (A big problem of mine)

Planning a character in your head but they end up acting utterly different on paper.

Writing in subjects you shouldn't be uncomfortable with but are because someone told you, you were doing it completely wrong.

Having a mess of ideas for one rp you have going on but being bone dry on ideas for another rp. (Made worse if its the same outline for both rps)

Ending up loving a side character way more than your main character and wanting to switch roles of the characters even if it doesn't make any sense to do so.

Having situations where you can't keep your character in character without it seriously derailing the RP.

Arguing with your RP partner because you won't completely change your character's personality for the sake of their romantic notions.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Your Partner trying to force a romance in the RP that you don't want.

Reactions: razorrabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.