Would you rather be a Jedi or Wizard?

Jedi or Wizard?

• Jedi

• Wizard

• Screw these options, I want a Red Shirt!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I selected "Wizard" before I realized you were talking in the Harry Potter sense.

No, not that kind of Wizard. Not at all.

MAGIC MISSILE. *tosses it at the poll option, and critically hits it for over nine thousand.*
Magic missile? More like METEOR SWARM!
Why yes, I do enjoy playing blaster wizards. We can talk about how 'unoptimized' and 'subpar compared to other wizard types' I am when I burn your flesh to ashes :D

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
I'd go Sith over nerd Jedi or any kind of wizard from the Harry Potter universe. I don't really care for the Potterverse style of magic, so I'd rather have a lightsaber and be able to force choke bitches.

IS THERE ANY DEBATE GUYS?!

No, because this thread doesn't have the Debate tag. Didn't you read the PSA? :cheeky:

Jedi are clearly superior.

• Love
april-ferret.jpg

The fact this picture exists forces me to side Jedi. That and my ex forcing me to watch every HP movie back to back pretty much made me hate the franchise to utterly unfathomable degrees.

Jedi, so that I can turn into a Sith. The end.

• Love
Magic missile? More like METEOR SWARM!
Why yes, I do enjoy playing blaster wizards. We can talk about how 'unoptimized' and 'subpar compared to other wizard types' I am when I burn your flesh to ashes :D
dude.

metamagic magic missile massacre build.

look that shit up. fuck meteor swarm. blow your load on optimized 1st level spells!

EDIT: also look into the Magic Missile Stormer optimized build

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see a Jedi dodge a death spell.
You mean step out of the way of the visible blast of energy, or maybe deflect it with the Force or a lightsaber? :lol:

Reactions: Peter Feels
You mean step out of the way of the visible blast of energy, or maybe deflect it with the Force or a lightsaber? :lol:
or you know

come back as a force ghost

still counts

force ghost in the EU...so OP

You mean like a blaster?

giphy.gif

Also, magic > manipulating bacteria in your blood.

Edit edit: Killing curse is considered unblockable as well.

I feel like being a wizard/witch offers a lot more potential growth than being a Jedi. Plus, I like the idea of having a wand that I wave around like I'm fencing while saying Latin-esque words. I feel like there's less chance of my chopping off my own face by accident with a wand than with a light saber. >.>;;

Also, didn't Molly block the Killing Curse that was aimed at Ginny by Bellatrix, or was that just a movie-verse-thing?

• Thank You
Ok, honestly now, I would choose the Force over magic any day. The reason why?

The universe it belongs too. Harry Potter is fine, you might have more potential power and the world is pretty interesting. But compared to that Galaxy far far away, it's got nothing. Hogwarts and the other small pockets of magical places are interesting, but far too small. As a Force-user, you could have a whole galaxy to explore, think of all the planets waiting for you to have adventures on, far better than some hidden areas of the UK. Also, you have SW tech which allows for more every-day opportunities that the magic/modern tech of HP, and sorry but flying through an asteroid field in a jacked-up starfighter > a broomstick.

Also, Twi'leks.

That being said, I would not be able to stand the flawed logic of the Jedi Order. Being a labeled Sith hardly appeals to me as well. I would likely go solo Gray Jedi or join a group like the Teepo Paladins.

GAIZ GAIZ GAIZ!

We're missing out on the KEY argument here.

Force Push/Force Grip vs quickened twinned repeating magic missile

You mean like a blaster?

giphy.gif

Also, magic > manipulating bacteria in your blood.

Edit edit: Killing curse is considered unblockable as well.
Yeah, might be an issue if wizards surround the Jedi and start blasting. However, there are plenty of examples in the movies of Jedis blocking shitloads of blaster shots coming from one direction, so in a one on one confrontation a Jedi would probably have the advantage there.

There was that one time that that one guy said there's no blocking the killing curse, sure, but then later on it was blocked with physical objects (by Dumbledore in his fight against Voldemort in the Ministry, with those statues) and by magic (Harry blocked one aimed at Mrs. Weasley with Protego, Bellatrix LeStrange blocked Mrs. Weasley's killing curse aimed at her). Then there's all those fights involving Death Eaters where they didn't just mop up the competition with no problem, which they totally would have done if the killing curse was unblockable. Just the blockage by physical objects would be enough to mean lightsabers could stop it, but I'm inclined to say that Force shields would also be able to do it because it's basically a form of magic. So much for unblockable murder spells, eh? 8D

Yeah, might be an issue if wizards surround the Jedi and start blasting. However, there are plenty of examples in the movies of Jedis blocking shitloads of blaster shots coming from one direction, so in a one on one confrontation a Jedi would probably have the advantage there.

There was that one time that that one guy said there's no blocking the killing curse, sure, but then later on it was blocked with physical objects (by Dumbledore in his fight against Voldemort in the Ministry, with those statues) and by magic (Harry blocked one aimed at Mrs. Weasley with Protego, Bellatrix LeStrange blocked Mrs. Weasley's killing curse aimed at her). Then there's all those fights involving Death Eaters where they didn't just mop up the competition with no problem, which they totally would have done if the killing curse was unblockable. Just the blockage by physical objects would be enough to mean lightsabers could stop it, but I'm inclined to say that Force shields would also be able to do it because it's basically a form of magic. So much for unblockable murder spells, eh? 8D
Well, shoot.

Oh, right. A mediocre fireball would effectively detonate on the lightsaber if it was blocked.

But this isn't debate, lovely Jorick! (You'd blow me out of the water somehow I'm sure.)

Being a wizard would be totes more fun. Unlocking the mysteries of the universe. Instant teleportation, transforming into animals at will, magical alchemy.

Sure beats sitting around meditating and not having a direct hand in most conflicts.

(As for dodging blaster bolts, by the way, that particular jedi was very fond of her clones. She was not expecting an attack, and thus let her guard down.)

Lightsabers are created with small crystals within them that resonate with and reflect the force of its wielder. This is very much like a wand in the Harry Potter universe. As such, I'd like to think that the powers parallel each other, and could be used to counter each other.

Both wizards and jedi have advantages. Wizards could cast protective spells to block the force, and have spells to disarm a jedi of her lightsaber. Jedi can use the force without a wand, allowing them to easily disarm their opponents. Ultimately, it boils down to skill on who wins, not the nature of each combatant. One should look at personal utility or compatibility to determine their following, not the overall combat skill of two vastly creative forces.

I chose to be a redshirt, because I dislike the responsibility imposed by power; I don't trust myself. But both options seem equally valid to me.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.