Would you live out a life? Chapter 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vivianne got herself up, wiping her eyes as she placed her bag on once more, walking over to stand next to the taller girl. "There's a foot bridge I need to cross to get there, that's what I'm worried about. If I suddenly pass out, then... I've imagined myself dying there, so many times, it's almost too real some days. I don't want to die, Sera. I don't want to miss out on my life." Her speech was quick now, partially slurred due to her exhaustion. If one were to think about it, seeing her now in the state that she was, it could've been concluded that she had been holding herself up all this time, even at the time when the older girls were picking on her, and she was simply ignoring them; utterly.

For now though, Vivianne had been in better shape than this. She needed to sleep, and for that, her home beckoned. "I live within the apartments of the Ming building, Guan district. It's a richer settlement, but, I honestly feel like any other girl who's living on her own. Also, no, I don't think you'll have to carry me; just make sure I don't pass out. I can't pass out now. It's been... Three days since I last slept."

Seraphina just listened. It was difficult for a girl like her to provide emotional support. She didn't know what would be right to say. So instead, she would resolve to just letting the girl air her worries, and remain silent, herself. She had to admit... the direction this evening had taken was not one she had been expecting.

Swallowing a lump in her throat she didn't know was there, Sera ushered the girl outside and then started toward the location she was told they were headed. "Eh, you'll be fine," she finally said. Her voice had broken the silence that had once again grown between the duo. "I'll see you across that bridge. I need my rival for the Carnival, y'know? I can't have you dying before then." Was it insensitive to mention the Carnival at that moment? Well, Sera never professed to be the best shoulder to cry on.​

"Is that concern I'm hearing? What a lovely surprise." Vivianne said, rather sarcastically, though she then held onto Sera's arm softly, the amount of weight she seemed to press onto the arm was... Well, tiny. The younger girl didn't weigh all too much, which would've been a rather bad thing, considering the events of that day. Had she been hit by that girl, she might be in hospital right now, fighting for her life. Regardless, the two girls made their way along some of the tracks, which had small weeds and plants growing alongside where they walked.

Soon, they reached the bridge. Vivianne had to stop here, to catch her breath. She seriously wasn't looking to good, at this point.

Sera rolled her eyes. She wasn't about to admit that she was concerned, but she didn't care to lie, either. Sera was a lot of things, but she wasn't a liar. When she was forced to, she could usually pull it off with aplomb. Sarcasm helped. It allowed her to bypass lying all together, and instead state the truth in such a way that the other person wouldn't believe it, or stops listening half-way through.​

When Vivianne grabbed onto her arm for support, Sera jerked slightly. Usually, she didn't take kindly to sudden physical contact - it brought to mind moments of her past she'd rather forget - thus her reaction. In this case though, she didn't mind too much. But, not too long after, Vivianne let go to stop and take a few breathes. Sera glanced at her and sighed. "If you're going to make me carry you, you'll definitely owe me, like... a coffee or something, you brat."​

Last edited by a moderator:
Vivienne was having a hard time keeping her eyes open, let alone being able to respond to the taller girl. Still, she mustered up what must've been some damn well hidden inner strength, as she stood herself up and looked at Sera. "Can't I just owe you a favour or something? I think that would be better than a coffee, of all things." Her kind was still very much there, but her body, her poor body, it only wished to stop there, drop down, and rest for hours on end.

Regardless of this, Vivianne looked to the older girl, making sure eye contact was made, before she hung onto her arm once more. The jerk had caused her to be a little nervous, that the other simply wished to throw her off the damn bridge. For all she knew, she didn't know what could happen next.

"What sort of a favor...?" Seraphina asked, her tone whimsical. Smirking she shook her head. "Look, I'll do it if you don't think you can make it across." With her response came a shrug, as if it were to be expected of her to say. "I've got no reason to want you dead, just yet. But, if you want to risk it, that's up to you."​

The bridge did look pretty precarious. Wasn't there any other way to get to this chick's house? Like... at all?​

Her knees trembled somewhat as she stepped along, and soon she wrapped her arms around Sera's neck, her head lowered as to not make eye contact. "I can't do it! This bridge scares the shit out of me! Don't make me walk across! Please don't!" The shivering and trembling could be felt as Vivianne held the other the way she did, it was definitely child-like, but there was at least enough understanding to know that this was indeed a fairly dumbly placed, poorly built bridge. One could forgive the prodigy for being a little scared, even if her clingyness was a problem.

Vivianne's heart was racing, she didn't know how much she could take of this. She knew she had problems, those of the mental kind, but this was something which was so gripping, so controlling of her behaviour.

Rather than flinching away as she normally would have at the sudden contact, Sera just chuckled softly. "Okay, okay, calm down," she soothed, still mischievous as ever - however - and showing a roll of her eyes. "It's definitely a piece of shit, I'll give you that." With one hand on Vivianne's back and the other nestled behind her knees, she scooped her up into her arms.

When she woke up that morning... she did not do so with the intent of carrying a chick across a bridge before the day was done. That was not her plan.

Despite that, she went ahead and wordlessly walked across, wobbling here and there on the unstable boards. When she reached the end, she glanced down for a split second at Vivianne and then let her down. "There." She said simply, looking everywhere but at the shorter girl by that point.​

Vivianne had almost fallen asleep on the way across, the comfort of being in such a position was positively mesmerising. Her arms remained draped around Sera's neck, but the whole way across, her eyes were closed. She opened them as soon as the other let her down, whereas she seemed unsettled upon her own two feet. "My home is around the corner a bit, and then it's just... Need to unlock the door, and yeah, I'll be inside..." She patted her jacket pocket, the jingle of keys evident.

She clenched her teeth, trying to keep herself upright, but this only caused her to groan lightly as she fell into the older girl, gripping at her shoulder and collarbone somewhat as she did. Vivianne couldn't really help it, this insane tiredness had sapped her energy utterly. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry... This is what I get for being so smart. I'm sorry..."

Her eyes closed, though she held herself against the other, simply trying to remain conscious for another minute.

"V-Vivianne, what the hell," Sera stammered out, staring down at the brunette clinging to her. "Pull yourself together. We're over the bridge. Not much further to go, now." Her forest green eyes remained glued to the girl, an expression of regret beginning to build on her face. This chick was proving to be quite a handful. No wonder she had no friends. Like, seriously. Sera felt bad for her.​

"I'm not carrying you again," she said, shaking her head only slightly. "But, if you're feeling that out of it, then just lean on me. And one more thing: I'm not for all this huggy, sappy bullshit. So, quit apologizing and let's go. I still have to get home, myself, after this, you know." Huffing, Sera gazed at the Swede. Somehow, that girl had managed to steal almost all of Sera's time that day. She had to be some kind of pro.​

Vivianne didn't respond, rather, only leaning upon the girl before her as she tried her very hardest to keep her eyes open, and to be able to get home would be a blessing on this day. She gripped onto Sera's shoulder, the other could hear how desperate her breathing was at this time. It could be any moment when the brunette fell back down to earth from her heavenly heights.

In truth, she could hardly hear the older girl at this point. Her condition had gotten to the point where she based most, if not all of her strength into her eyelids, and her legs, which seemed so thin for someone like her. This prodigy definitely had her downfalls.

Seraphina took a deep breath. According to Vivianne, her house shouldn't have been all too far away at that point. They were walking extremely slow, though, and Sera wasn't even certain that the shorter girl was even still conscious. She hadn't answered her question at all, but she had held onto her as she told her to, so she could only assume she was just too tired to reply.​

"Is this the place?" Sera eventually asked, coming upon an impressive looking building. She kept her eye on the door for a bit before glancing back at Vivianne. "If you hadn't have met me, what would you have done with yourself today?" Her tone was teasing, but somehow gentle - as hard as that might be to imagine. There was a smirk playing at her lips, but she said no more. Honestly, she was beginning to get quite a bit tired, herself.​

Vivianne managed to separate from the girl who had helped her along, her hand simply moving to her pocket, and the key went straight in, and the door was thrown open. There wasn't a single thank you, or even a smile toward Sera, but there was at least one thing. The unmistakable noise of someone hitting the ground due to falling. The girl had literally exhausted herself to limits even she did not expect.

Vivianne, was out cold.

Seraphina watched the girl unlock her door and remained where she was, still a few paces from the building. Vivianne's movements were labored, but Sera had at least figured she'd find someplace to lay down before deciding to pass out. The blonde shook her head as she stepped up to the unconscious form in the doorway, then knelt beside her and sighed. "All right, let's go," she said in a hushed voice before cradling the smaller girl in her arms once more. Getting to her feet, she carried the motionless brunette to a sofa she spotted just inside. Her body was limp and heavy from sleep; despite the shorter distance it was more of a hassle to carry her here then back at the bridge.​

Laying her down on the couch, Sera blew a tuft of hair out of her eyes as she stood. For a moment or two, she watched Vivianne's sleeping form, unsure of what to think of the entire day and how it had shaped up. With a sigh, she eventually just turned and made her way back outside, stealing one more glance at the girl before closing the door. The setting sun was already beginning to paint the sky in a myriad of colors as a befuddled Seraphina made her way home.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.