Would You Eat This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef you say? Think we can make it into a hotdog?

Sure, why not? They exist to feed me.

I'd be troubled to eat live octopi, a delicacy in South Korea. Even I find it morally troubling to eat something that still lives. At least kill it before you eat it. Seems like the merciful thing to do.
I just had a disturbing thought... what if the octopus crawls it's way out of you mouth? What if it's suckers stick to the inside of your esophagus and you choke to death?

Anyway, no I wouldn't eat that. I barely eat meat in the first place except for the occasional burger once every few months.

I just had a disturbing thought... what if the octopus crawls it's way out of you mouth? What if it's suckers stick to the inside of your esophagus and you choke to death?
This actually happens. The Octopi in its dying moments will choke its victims by clinging to and choking the interior walls of the throat. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. It's metal as fuck.

What's even the point in eating something while it's living? o.O

What's even the point in eating something while it's living? o.O

The fresher the better, right?

That said, though, I don't think I can handle eating a living octopus. I'm scared it'll choke me to death...*shudders*
Raw or cooked though, I'd happily take.

The fresher the better, right?
Right... and since sushi is normally raw then it not being cooked wouldn't even matter...

It just seems disturbing though, eating something alive.
And not even out of necessity but out of enjoyable preference.
I mean seriously, it's like we're the Titan's and the Octopus is the person hiding behind the walls. :/

Plus the whole fact that assuming you don't crush the creature to death in your mouth (which is brutal) you're digesting them alive.
That's just a fate I wouldn't wish on anybody... and I'm shocked that people will inflict it on others so casually...
It's just... I'm gonna stop now. This hit a whole new level of cruel and I'm just rambling in disbelief at this point.

It just seems disturbing though, eating something alive.
And not even out of necessity but out of enjoyable preference.
South Koreans boil dogs alive out of the belief that adrenaline will soak into the muscles and make it taste better. North Americans boil lobsters and crabs alive until they die either of oxygen deprivation or massive internal organ failure. Japanese still hunt whales with harpoons and gleefully trap entire packs of dolphins into coves for the express purpose of gutting them alive and letting them drown in their own blood. Leather producers in India will nail gun shackles to cattle and prod them into delivery trucks where more than half of them will suffer extensive injuries, including but not limited to: Broken legs, internal bleeding, ripped open tissue, cannibalism-related injuries, and of course death. Don't even get me started on circus animals.

When it conveniences humanity, we will boil, chop, mutilate, and burn the living for our own pleasure. Cruel as it is, there's no particular culture that has a monopoly on the "sick fucks" department where it concerns the treatment of one animal or another. All we can do is be aware of it, and employ and emphasize merciful practices where possible. Ex: I will never eat whale meat. I know exactly how the Japanese get it, and fuck that nonsense. The only reason I ever tried dog meat was because it was at a licensed Thai restaurant and they kill their raised-for-food dogs with a bolt to the head, which is an instant death insofar as I'm aware for a dog. I'm still not likely to eat it again, I see dogs as pets and not food due to the culture I was raised in.

Still. It's always good to remember certain things... Like where your food comes from, and how it might be better produced.

I'm more than aware that other countries do such barbaric acts as well.
And I where I knowingly can I don't partake in eating those foods/encourage those practices.

I'm not a monster after all.

Uh, by the way it sounds no, but if I'm feeling a little adventurous or someone offers it to me, I would try it as long as they liked it when they tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.