Would anyone be interested in a Warframe rolepaly?

Tufty Bunny

a little distracted...
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Horror, Fantasy, Modern
For those unfamiliar, check out the expansive game that is Warframe. With more lore than gameplay and more gameplay than... Content?

Premise
The Lotus has brought together a handful of Tenno. More and more have been waking up and she has chosen only the best to spearhead her mission: Assassinate the queens. We will play as Tenno, each of us will have a different Warframe (there are many, see the Wiki to see what you like if needs be) - super powered space-magic armour suits each with distinctive powers. And we will take on the Grineer, with some Infested and Corpus interruptions on the side of course.

Time Period
Set pretty much at the same time as the game, following its general story. Tenno will have to awaken, fight off Vor, and even eventually fully awaken. As our plot against the Grineer goes on, various encoutners such as Alad V trying to take frames for experimentation and such will happen

I wouldn't mind at all I've been trying to get something like this going for awhile

Now do u have a special idea when it comes to the prime variants

Reactions: Tufty Bunny
A warframe RP sounds particularly interesting, especially as a long-time player of the game. Consider me intrigued. I would like to know how warframe abilities, mods, and companions/sentinels would fit. Just the same as in the normal game, or are there certain parameters you had in mind?

@Arkangel While I'd rather people not have the same frame, I have no issues about people changing frames at some point - building a new one or finding parts or even an Umbra plot for someone. A significant upgrade for any of our characters would be constructing our frames with parts from the Void and making the prime variant of our frames mid-way, maybe after losing a boss fight and needing a power boost.

@RedLeftHand36 I think I have no qualms about acquiring a companion. The breeding process takes a while but if you are okay with that, then sure, or meeting a wild Kubrow/Kavat/other and it taking a liking to you. Mods, I am leaning two different ways and not sure what to do about: I'm thinking a very build-focused and stat based game where you use the actual mods and we all keep improving. Or you just have a few notable Mods listed alongside the frames' abilities.

I would stick with option 2
With specific mods that improve abilities

Should we make a claim on the warframe we want make sure everyone has the one they want

Option 2 sounds best now I think it over more

yeah let's do claims so that everyone can get the one they want

This sounds super dope, count me interested!

I've got only one question but since it's a SUPER spoiler, I'll try and word it delicately:

When you say 'eventually fully awaken,' does that mean the Operators will enter into the plot part way through the RP (sort of like how the game delays revealing their existence)?

@Arkangel Orokin Reactors don't make a prime. But they could make a good power up before we get a prime and then maybe yet another power up to our prime at some point.

@Baddamobs Yes, exactly what that means

Another question has popped into my head: in normal game play everyone naturally has their own Orbiter, but due to the nature of the RP, will we all be sharing one? Just to make keeping the group together more simple, like.

@Baddamobs Yeah, use the same Orbiter, or maybe the same Railjack if we go that route

@Arkangel Maybe but not to completely change what your frame can do. Maybe, similar to catalysts and Primes; as a plot piece to improve and develop more so than to meta game

• Useful
Reactions: Baddamobs
If I may make a suggestion u know how u can get from your orbiter into your railjack in game
we use the railjack as the main ship but each of us has an individual orbiter that docks to it like shuttles that depart for missions outside of the main vessel and if need to separate we can use the solar rail network

That sounds like a pretty good idea

Reactions: Mordor
I thought about picking chroma warframe with a variant dragonic helmet I play this warframe alot because I know his abilities fairly well

As somebody who's played Warframe extensively to the point of burnout; I'd love to reignite that fire through this medium. My preference would be Nidus. Both because I know the frame well, and I feel it'd make an interesting character in terms of operator.

Just to slap a tag on a frame, I think I'd like to go with Harrow. Before I forget to ask, do we get to start out with a sentinel/companion? I'm particularly fond of dethcubes.

I'm game.

I'll get working on a sign up with some more consolidated information along with a list with which frames there are and which ones people have bagsied

so far I see Harrow, Nidus, Chroma, and I'm leaning towards Banshee myself but I'm not entirely sure yet

Reactions: Baddamobs
Curious if this ever went anywhere