Worst Vacation

• Thread starter Yus of the Conquest
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...Here's to hoping for more enjoyable birthdays for you.

(On a side note, isn't it weird how slowly but surely...you wish your birthday wasn't coming? #GetAged
NEVER >=D Birthday loving is in my jeans. My great auntie passed away at 104 and she still loved birthdays

NEVER >=D Birthday loving is in my jeans. My great auntie passed away at 104 and she still loved birthdays
Whoa. That's amazing! Hmhm. Once again, may you have awesome birthdays. Get #GetAged trending
Don't actually it sounds dumb

I'm really not xD
I feel like if I'm to have real fun, there has to be some negative happenings.
Well yea, some negative needs to happen.
But you don't need an insanely negative experience, just enough to recognize not everything is good.

Like, you don't need to be beat or frozen nearly to death to have fun elsewhere.
You don't need constant bullying to be able to have fun with friends.
Losing a loved one doesn't make you happier elsewhere.

Just as long as you're not completely censored/cut-off from negative events you're fine.
If you go out of your way to experience pain and sadness it's going to consume you and replace any hope of experiencing fun and joy.

So, in the summer right before second grade, I broke my leg playing kickball at some birthday party. I tagged the guy out, but he slid into my leg (it was an accident).

I missed a big pool party and everything... And I loved swimming. It was kinda shitty.

The week we spent in Spain shortly before my parents split up. It was a last-ditch attempt to fix things, I think. Parents were miserable, me and my brother picked up on it. It was grim. My Dad spent no time with us, was stroppy and irritable if we tried to talk to him, was on his phone all the time, and turned out it was talking to his girlfriend-who-he-totally-didn't-meet-until-way-after-he-split-from-my-mum (but that's a whole other story.) Ugh.

A week at my grandmother's house as little child Diana. o___o Grandparents get in to a fight about god knows what and my grandmother is waving a gun around threatening to shoot my grandad.

I spent a lot of time hiding outside that week. >:[

I've never had a whole vacation go bad before that I can remember, but dear god, the plane flight to Puerto Rico 4 or so years back? I doubt I'll ever forget it.

So it started out that our longer flight out of Texas and into San Juan was delayed maybe 2 hours, which honestly wasn't so bad. It gave us time to eat lunch, my dad took a nap, and I got some nice Pokemon training done in that time as we awaited them opening boarding. However, not more than 10 minutes before they were to line us up, they announced the plane needed a new part put on it before it was safe to fly. Only one problem with doing that...

The nearest mechanic capable of installing said part in the time they had was a 3 hour flight away.

Obviously flying on a plane needing work would've been unsafe, so they informed us we'd be further delayed and gave out some silly food passes for compensation. Additionally, there were no other flights to San Juan that day, so anyone on their way over there had no choice but to just wait for this as it still was the soonest flight. Well after the four or so hours, they finally let us board the plane as the mechanic wrapped up his work to let us fly.

but-wait-theres-more.jpg

The mechanic, being his professional self, informed us the particular part did not seem to be fitting right or was otherwise making him concerned about the safety of flying. Now obviously we didn't want to fly on the plane if it wasn't safe, and the flight crew was on the same page. But of course, the issues couldn't end there. Oh no!

As it turns out, this particular airline's regulations put us in a tricky spot. We couldn't be on any aircraft without a crew also aboard, but this crew was also the only one available and thus we couldn't be moved to another plane so easily since they still needed to be able to put away this plane for maintenance. They also couldn't let us back into the airport, as our passes were already taken and they'd have no way to verify us all being the right people to get on the plane.

Rather, they did something they were trained to do, but had never seen actually used in at least 20 years of working for the airline. They pushed some stairs up to the plane, lined us up on the tarmac, and walked us across to another plane as half the crew moved ahead to board the plane, the other half staying with us to be sure we headed the right way. All the while, staff and crew members snapped pictures on their phones, since as they had informed us they'd never seen this actually put into practice in their years working for various airlines.

In the end, after nearly 7 hours delay, we managed to be on our way with our flight and every passenger accounted for. But yea, a wild ass story that I hope those of you who read enjoyed or found at least a little interesting. *_*

Status
Not open for further replies.