Worship

Mai would never admit it, but she always had sympathy for Lucifer's other children; the ones who were cast aside simply because they weren't legitimate. She disliked the fact Lucifer, despite him being a good friend of hers, had been so careless and selfish and refused to acknowledge the consequences of his actions. That said, her sympathy didn't extend quite so much for Darius. He was a troublemaker and while she knew it was his way of getting attention -something he'd been rejected his whole life-, that didn't mean she was fond of the way he treated Apollo (who was undoubtedly her favourite). Knowing he was now involved only made her grimace, and despite the overwhelming urge to storm after the other and help him sort it out, she reluctantly fought it back and stayed sat where she was.

"I bet Mai's there too, isn't she? I used to like her, she was sweet to me when I was a kid. I guess Dad put her straight. Can't go giving the illegitimate kids any attention, that isn't how it works," tutted Darius down the phone, using his shoulder to press it against his ear while his hands busily worked on rolling himself a joint. He was no stranger to human life, having snuck out on visits - though when nobody really paid him attention, sneaking out really wasn't all that difficult. He knew far more about the world than he ought to and had picked up a few habits along the way, such as smoking weed, finding the effects were much stronger than the mild effect alcohol had on him.

"...He's your ex, Apollo. Get over it. You were dumped, happens to us all-- not me, of course. I'm actually attractive, nobody with clear vision would dump me," he boasted arrogantly, treading over to the car and motioning for the girls in the back to shuffle up so he could get in, offering them a grateful wink. "I'm about to get in the car, Apollo. We can talk another time. Maybe when I've killed all your friends here; maybe when I've slept with your lovely ex boyfriend. I don't know, depends how I feel, I guess."

Last edited:
No matter how arrogant and vain Apollo seemed to act in reference to his appearance, the reality was that he was incredibly insecure. More often than not he would be praised for his appearance but it never really stuck too often, so to hear Darius tell him he was ugly in a sense only made him slow down, immediately growing uncomfortable as he slipped into the back seat of his car, clutching his stomach as it began to churn anxiously. He had no ill will towards Darius and more often than not, kind of forgot about him. He never went out of his way to make Darius’ life horrible because he didn’t really do that to anyone in Hell. He always teased by Darius despite his attempts to try and be at least somewhat friendly but it always failed in the end.

“Darius, this is incredibly immature,” came Lucifer’s voice as he took the phone, his deep voice laced with venom in anger. “Why must you keep doing this? Why must you cause so much trouble for Apollyon?” He asked, though mostly to keep the others from leaving. Starting up the brand new car, he didn’t hesitate to go full blast, easily swerving around other cars and in cases of traffic would simply phase through them, completely ignorant and indifferent to humans who watched in awe. “

Reactions: potassiumboron
As confident as he liked to think he was, his father's voice on the end of the phone only made him grimace and sink down in the seat. He hadn't spoken to the man in a good few months, but he still had the same effect on him, biting his lip uncomfortably as he debated how to proceed. He could either apologise and assist them in finding the humans, which might earn him some brownie points and lessen the anger felt for him-- but that was hardly something he wanted to do. He knew that, as happy as it might make them, it just wasn't appropriate; it felt cowardly and weak, and those were the last characteristics usually associated with him.

"...Maybe because he's a weasel you wanna put on the throne? He'll fuck it up, Lucifer. You're going senile in your old age if you think that brat is gonna do any good for you. But whatever, fuck you, old man. I'm kinda busy right now with some new pals so-- hey, if you manage to find us, we can have that reunion then," he laughed in reply, hanging up and casually tossing the phone out of the window of the moving vehicle, much to Cameron's annoyance - not that the human was going to pipe up about how displeased he was.

"Gosh, sorry about that. I'm not going to kill any of you, I only said that. Nor am I going to sleep with you, Elijah. Not my type. You all need to relax, this is a good thing for you all. You'd be dead by now if I hadn't shown up. You'll be fine," he promised as he took a puff from the joint, offering it across to Agnes and Mary. "Come on, it'll relax you. You both look miserable and I don't like miserable people-- I'm not my brother; I don't hate either of you. The enemy of my enemy is my friend; so we're friends, sort of. Just chill out."

“We would have been fine, and we still have a popped tire,” reminded Agnes as she glared at the demon, mostly to hide her confusion and discomfort all the while having Mary openly express how uncomfortable the situation is. “Since this is all full of ‘supernatural’ bullshit that I really didn’t want my week to be filled with, how about you use your ‘super powers’ or whatever to fix the bloody wheel, huh?” She demanded, the demon not scaring her whatsoever at this point the more she spoke.

“Can we just... call road side o-or something?” Whispered Mary , frowning as she was squished in the middle seat. She was thin enough but that didn’t make if any less uncomfortable. Her eyes landed on her brother, desperate for some sort of explaination to everything.

"...You know, seeing as you asked so nicely, I'll fix the wheel. Should get a move on before they come and find us, though. I've disrupted their ability to track you all, so we should really head in the opposite direction; go west, not east," the demon murmured, waving a hand to fix the wheel without breaking a sweat over it. Much like how Apollo could burst it with a wave of a hand, Darius could fix it, though the lack of amazement did make him frown. The only good thing about humans, he thought, would be their amazement at the sight of him, or at the very least a little astonishment. To receive nothing was disappointing, but he didn't dwell on it too much.

"Hm? Oh, you're sweet, aren't you? I don't know why my brother dislikes you, I think you're adorable. Nicer than your foul-mouthed friend over there, anyway," he tutted, turning his attention to Mary at the meek remark. Admittedly, he much preferred someone like Agnes who sai precisely what they thought, but he figured she wasn't in a mood to put up with any attempt to tease her, so he wisely turned to Mary instead.

"...Mm, I suppose this is very confusing for you all. Just know that I promise no harm will come to you-- unless you really piss me off, then I can't promise to be on my best behaviour. I'm still a demon," he pointed out, giving Elijah's seat a nudge to prompt him into driving. "Just relax. Honestly, you'd swear I was hear to fuck things up for you all. I'm helping. Is that so bad? Would you prefer I walked away and let my half-brother discover you all?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating s-some demon?" Mary asked in horror once the truth of just what Apollo - plus all of his family - was finally out. She actively avoided Darius' eyes and instead locked onto Elijah in a mix of just more anger and disappointment. "Why didn't you just be honest with me? I'm b-being whisked away to some random place for no reason of my own outside of eating breakfast with you? Y-You... just decided to get me involved and blow this all up into something that could have been figured out with some normal conversation."

"Looks like everyone here is fucking mental." Agnes replied with a scoff as she stared out the window, her arms crossed. She wasn't afraid to be honest about just how angry the whole situation made her, even now that she was sharing space with an actual demon. After all, she was at the end of her rope - what, being abducted all because she was told that Elijah was in a cult? Her life was ruined and she wasn't going to be like Mary and just accept it.

He didn't want to, but the comment did make Elijah laugh aloud, though he figured the reaction came down to how stressed he was. Normally, he wouldn't laugh about any of this, but the amount of pressure he was under was far too large for him to cope and react in an ordinary fashion. He wanted to work it all out, but even he realised nothing was going to go the way he wanted, even though Darius' intervention gave a glimmer of hope - but even then, he didn't know if he could really trust him all that much.

"You think I'd be able to tell you and things would work out? Apollo was furious I told you about the cult; he'd have killed you if I told you what he was, Mary. I get it, I fucked up, but don't act like you know how things could have worked out so perfectly, because it really wouldn't have gone anything like you imagine it would have. He'd have fucking murdered you-- I'd have had to leave regardless. There's only so much of that lifestyle I could stomach," he replied, daring to glance back at them. He could lose his temper easily if he let himself, mostly with Agnes for her constant attitude, but that wasn't going to help anyone, however good it might have felt to get some of his anger out, if only vocally.

"He wanted me to move with him; down to Hell. Do you know how fucking anxious that made me? I would have had to run away anyway; this would have all come out, no matter what. It was just a matter of when, so-- be mad at me, that's fine. You didn't have to come, I've given you chances to opt out--"

"There's a lot of tension here, isn't there? That's sad. You seem like close siblings, you should work this out. Not that I'm an expert at this shit but really, work it out because you're both irritating me and i told you what'd happen if you piss me off, didn't I? I don't really want to hurt you, but keep bickering and I'm gonna have to shut you up," tutted Darius with a dramatic roll of his eyes, tossing the joint out the window. "We're gonna have fun tonight, find a bar or something. Apollo's not going to find you, not tonight at least. May as well have some fun, hm? Not that this is a suggestion; it's an order."

Both girls grew quiet, though for two different reasons. Mary has gone quiet in a mix of fear flow he’d brother and Darius along with her general nervousness around yelling and threats to begin with. She didn’t like it when her parents yelled because typically that would be followed up with a beating and it was a matter of Pavlov’s Dog, her eyes locking on the window.

Agnes, however, may have been quiet but her twisted grimace and white knuckles clashed with that quietness. She was fuming internally at the whole situation, hating that she was subjected to the will of men she barely knew for their ignorance. She wanted to punch everyone in the face and just run away with KMary but she was smart enough to keep quiet,”.

Nothing really escaped the demon, who took note of how everyone seemed to be reacting. Elijah was quiet, either out of regret for causing the situation or afraid that he'd say something that ended with his head being torn off. Cameron was staring out of the window, clearly trying to think of a plan to remedy the situation, and it didn't take all that long for the demon to analyse how the girls were feeling. None of it remotely concerned him - why would he care if Mary was upset or that Agnes was so angry? Neither of them concerned them, though he didn't really want them to stay stewing in their emotions. A large part of his intervention was to get under his brother's skin and to show his father how capable he was; to get some attention, but a minor element of it all was to have fun. He barely got to have that with other people, and while he felt annoyed by the fact he had to search for fun with humans, it was better than nothing.

"...It's my birthday today, I'd quite like to spend it having fun. I don't mean to cause 'ya to be scared of me, so cheer up a lil' bit, yeah? Just tonight, at least. I want to have fucking fun on my birthday-- maybe have a cake? I know you humans like having cake on your birthdays, it's so cute. I usually get a bottle of alcohol from my mother and that's that," he snorted, resting back against the seat with his hands behind his head, slipping his sunglasses over his eyes, mostly for the aesthetic given it was well into the night by now. "...Agnes, yeah? You're gonna hurt yourself, clenching your fists like that, darlin'. If you want to punch something, punch me. Hell, go all out. I don't mind, it won't hurt that much, and if it makes you feel better, I'm all for it."

"God, you demons are obnoxious!" Agnes declared, unable to hold back her anger any longer. If she was going to die, it was better than being forced into a situation like this anymore. "For starters, you all ruined mine and Mary's lives. Do you know how fuckin' difficult it was to find an affordable flat in London? Do you know how many hours we both have taken just to be able to afford food? Do you know where Mary has come from? Y'all are fuckin' mad. I know you're a demon but I would think y'all would have the fucking audacity to leave two innocent people alone. I get kidnapped because of some skinny trophy boyfriend's incompetence and you think I'm in the mood to go and eat cake?!" She snapped before deeply inhaling to calm herself down.

"Where exactly are you planning on us to stay? We can't just drive until we die, Elijah," Mary admitted quietly, deciding to at least calm the energy down with her quiet voice. "Just... I'm really tired and I know you are, too, Eli. We... can stop and get a cake or whatever but we should find a place to stay the night soon."

Even thought the outburst felt like it was primarily against him and despite the fact he had been called obnoxious, Darius' smile only widened as Agnes finally paid a little attention to him. He had already marked her out as the person he was most likely to like: Cameron was quiet and that made him boring, Mary the same, and he had absolutely no intention in getting to know Elijah properly. Anyone that loved Apollo and thought the demon was lovely didn't deserve any of Darius' attention because he really couldn't take someone who felt that way seriously. Thus, it left Agnes who was apparently perfectly happy with speaking to a demon like that. Normally that'd just piss him off, but in this instance, he found himself liking her more because of it. She at least had a personality, which he failed to see from anyone else in the vehicle.

"We can find somewhere, sure. Stop at the nearest B&B, Elijah. I don't care what it's like. If Agnes wants to stop, we can," he declared, failing to care that it was Mary who had spoken up and made the suggestion. "I don't want you to dislike me, Agnes. I think you're my favourite here and it sucks that you decide you hate me so soon-- you'd love me if you gave me a chance. I'm here to help; remember that. And I didn't fucking get any of you in this mess; I'm just here to help prevent you getting into a bigger one, darlin'. It hurts that you despise me so much. I'm rather taken with you, you're wonderful."

"You claim that you're here to help but how do we know? You're a demon, you're probably just here to cause even more shit," Agnes countered with a roll of her eyes as she folded her arms, it being clear that she wanted to get out of the car as soon as possible. She had been locked up in an apartment for a few days and being packed into a car with multiple strangers made her uncomfortable, especially since she was squished in. She needed to kick something - she didn't care of it tore her favorite creepers - and she could barely spread her legs.

"Isn't that all your kind wants to do? Start shit? You feed on chaos or whatever so it wouldn't be surprising if that was the reason - or is it because you're petty? You seemed to hate Apollo quite a bit, it isn't because you actually care about us as people, huh?" She continued, this time locking her critical eyes on the demon.

"I care about you, if that helps. I like you. Your friends bore me. But I can admit I'm here to cause trouble, yes: for Apollo, rather than you. If I can cause some chaos for my brother by coming along with you all, then I'm gonna do that - and it's best if I keep you all safe and alive for that, isn't it? Or we wouldn't be able to piss my brother off, and doesn't that sound fun? Get under the skin of the man who wanted you dead? Who would have killed you without hesitation?" The demon remarked absently, ignoring Elijah's very evident anger. For all he had done to hurt Apollo, hearing him be insulted didn't sit right; he still love him more than anything and he wanted to defend him... but not against a demon who had made it abundantly clear that he didn't really care for him.

"Can you stop being so bitter now, sweetheart? I'm fine if they all hate me, but not you; I told you I like you, I wouldn't lie about that...I take it you still don't trust me, yeah? Even if I promise to help you out, personally? Get you back on your feet after all this shit is done with?"

Last edited:
“If I’m to be honest with you, mate, I ain’t goin’ to trust you until everything is back to normal,” Agnes decided, her head pressing against the glass. She was hungry and tired and the more Darius spoke, the more exhausted she became. She wanted food and a place to rest, not to chatter on in a tight car.

“S-So... are we going to get that Cale?” Mary asked meekly to Elijah, noticing and honing on to her brother’s anger easily. She didn’t want him suddenly deciding to crash or do something else in his fit of anger, so trying to at least bring some calm was ideal. “I know you like marble, right?”

"Do you think I'm going to stop for cake because that asshole asked me to, Mary? I-- No. No, we're not doing that. Agnes said she wants to stop, so we'll do that, find a roadside B&B," the brother mumbled back in response, having to forcefully release tension from his hands when he took notice of how white his knuckles were from clenching his hand around the heel so hard. It was better to do that than stop abruptly and get himself killed by lashing out at Darius, but he also knew driving whilst this angry wasn't wise either, so, no matter how difficult, he forced himself to relax.

"I... guess we could stop for something to eat before we find the B&B. They won't have any food when we get there, not this late, so... let's find somewhere to eat and then get a place to sleep," he decided firmly with a smile across to his sister. "I guess a good slice of marble cake does sound kinda good right now; with some hot chocolate. It'd help a lot, I reckon--"

"Awesome. See how everything's coming together? Y'all need to calm down," tutted the demon, letting the window down to allow the breeze to run through his hair. "You don't have to trust me. I just want some fucking cake; it's not a devious ploy or anything. It's my birthday and humans have cake, so I thought it'd be neat to try that. That's all. Celebrate my birthday with a gang of cool humans-- though I only really like one of you."

“You don’t need to remind us,” Mary whispered, a part of her growing irritated by just how much Darius seemed to praise Agnes. She didn’t want any affection but being disregarded as boring was definitely making her feel like shit in a weird and confusing way. Agnes wasn’t dumb, she could tell that Mary was getting aggravated and offered her an affectionate smile.

“Look, there’s a store off this exit, let’s just go get the cake there. I don’t want to be in this fucking car anymore. Even if it means we get out for a little bit, I just need to stretch my legs,” Agnes insisted, grimacing as she stretched her legs to hear pops. “I pride myself in being able to sleep anywhere but this is stretching it.”

Between Darius' arrogance and his apparent burgeoning crush on Agnes and the general stress of having reluctantly abandoned everything to start a life god knows where with nothing to support it, Cameron was at the end of his tether. He had remained silent the entire way, the only action he made being to nibble anxiously on the skin around his thumb until realising he had caused himself to bleed when the coppery taste hit his tongue. It was only when they stopped and the others disappeared into the small store that he took action, deciding that, however risky it might be, the only way he could see this coming to an end was by working with Apollo. If he showed the demon that he was relaying information without being forced to, it might save his and the others' lives.

"...Apollo? It's, uh-- It's Cameron, obviously you know that from the caller ID-- Sorry, I just-- You have to come, I... I can't do this. I don't want this; just let Mary, Agnes and I go free and-- and I'll happily tell you where we are," he breathed down the phone, anxiously peering into the store to ensure nobody was looking out at him. "Promise me that and I'll give you our location, tell you where we're headed, everything-- I just c-can't do this. Your brother's insane, he'll kill us if... Elijah doesn't get us killed first."

It was well established that Apollo wasn’t like his father. He couldn’t just turn off his emotions by the snap of his fingers and he couldn’t just pretend things didn’t affect him. He had been freaking out for the last few hours, not only because Elijah was dumping him but also because Darius just had to squirm his way into everything too. He has returned to his dorm whilst his father and Mai seemed to have gone out to properly search and whilst home, he had already finished a whole bottle of wine. He didn’t get drunk off human alcohol very easily, unfortunately, so he barely had a buzz but wasn’t afraid to go for another bottle when he saw the number pop up.

“Cameron! Are you okay? What’s happening?” He quickly asked, getting to his feet instantly and headed to pull on some sneakers. Whilst listening to the other babble, he let out a laugh in disbelief. “O-Of course I’ll let you guys go! I didn’t think you had any real influence into all of this anyway. I just want Elijah and Darius at this point. Where are you? I’ll get to my car in a second.”

"We haven't really got off the motorway-- we're just at some small shop, I can send you a picture from Google Maps or something-- As long as you promise we'll go safe. If you decide to hurt Mary after all of this I'm doing for you, I... I won't be happy," he murmured as sternly and as threateningly as he could, knowing that he had to make an effort to do so, however pathetic he might have sounded. He cared about Mary and while he didn't believe much of what Elijah had said, he certainly believed what he said about wanting to save Mary.

"...Elijah told us you were happy to have her killed if it meant protecting yourself. And Agnes too. I... I'm trusting you not to hurt them, Apollo. I know Darius will keep Agnes alive, he seems to like her, but he-- he'll hurt Mary if we keep going with him, so-- so I'm choosing to trust you. I know you better than I know him, I... guess that's something," he mumbled, holding the phone tightly as he heard Darius' loud laughter from inside the store. "He wants a birthday cake, it... might take a while for him to choose, so hurry, alright? I... he scares me, I don't think he likes me that much, so I'm sure I'd be the first to die if he... started to kill us off, a-aha..."

“Calm down, you aren’t going to die,” Apolloreassured soothingly as he started up the car, a slow frown growing. “I promise I won’t hurt you or the girls. That is to say that you swear to never mention any of this outside of our group. I’m putting just as much trust in you as you are in me, understood? Now send me your location and just make sure that you keep Darius and the others from leaving. I don’t care what you do, just keep everyone there, okay?”

He had a vague idea of where the others could be but there was still a plethora of stores that sold cake. Hanging up, he impatiently waited for the address before starting towards the store, his sadness turning to anger for both his boyfriend and Darius equally.