Worship

"...So you're ignoring my advice? Fine then, do what you want. On your head be it," the brother shrugged, hiding his simmering anger well behind a thin-lipped smile and the food he was finishing off. The refined evening was fun, and he often enjoyed dates out with Apollo like this... but he also wanted to do something fun with his sister while he had the chance to spend time with her like this.

"We should head out to a club or somethin', Mary. It'll be fun. I could do with getting totally smashed tonight, get a little wild and all-- right, Apollo? C'mon, don't be a party-pooper. We could find a club, have a few cocktails, make out on the dance floor..."

“The club?” Both Apollo and Mary replied, their expressions differing extremely while Agnes could only grin in excitement. Mary, while a little less enthusiastic about the idea, was also a fan. Not only would she be out with her best friend but with her brother, too? Sure, she would probably be third wheeled - or rather fifth wheeled, since she knew Agnes would most likely find a girl and leave Mary to her own... but she could handle it!

Meanwhile, Apollo was wary. He was always up for something new... to an extent. Bars were notoriously crowded and full of people, what if something were to happen to Elijah? What if some cute guy caught his attention? He didn’t hide his disinterest but it didn’t really matter what he wanted, he realized. “I guess it’ll be interesting.”

"And none of that posh club crap; I want to go to a crowded, grungy place in the middle of town. So you can have a proper experience of the sort of places I used to go to when I was younger. I used to sneak in, give a fake ID and party well into the night," he grinned charmingly, his smile faltering when the lack of enthusiasm from the other hit him. He didn't want him to be uncomfortable, but nor did he want to leave him out by hitting the town without him.

"...It'll be fun, Apollo. Some cheap alcohol, glaring lights, cheesy pop music... It's hell, but I think it's all kinda fun," he admitted with a shrug, biting his own lip hopefully. "It's what I used to do when I first got here, it'll be nice to do something like that again. And I'm sure you'll fucking love it, Apollo."

“I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt,” he replied as he took his final bites of food, though decided that it perhaps would be a good way to collect more followers? It sounded like a pretty depraved place, one he knew would be littered with people who would fit into his cult perfectly. The more he thought, he slowly grew a smile. “It better be fun or it will just be another thing you owe me.”

“Oh, this is good! I haven’t been to a club yet for just fun, I’ve only played. It’ll be nice to be able to ‘get loose’, yeah?” Noted Mary, a small smile on her own lips as she attempted to seem ‘cool’. She was still adjusting to more modern society, not having the same amount of time to like her brother, and it was often a joke amongst her friends that she sounded like a grandmother.

"You haven't been for fun? Oh god, Mary, we have to change that. As much as I see you as my innocent little sister, you're also 18. You should be getting drunk in bars and having fun with mates, so we'll get you your first experience tonight, totally. It's new for Apollo too, you can both bond over your lack of experience. I'm guessing Agnes and I are the wild party animals who have to lead you two around," the human laughed, pressing his hand over Apollo's gratefully once the meal was over. He knew it would be expensive, and even if he protested, he knew that Apollo would only wave it off. Even if he could afford it, the gesture was enough for Elijah to be thankful about.

But he was also determined to pay for something that night. It might not be a fancy Michelin-star meal, but buying rounds of drinks for them all wasn't cheap either, but he wanted to do that at the very least.

Besides, the bar they found was hardly high-end; it was the average place for college students and young people to get shit-faced in, which Elijah secretly loved. He had spent much of his first year at university attending bars like this, before he really met and fell for Apollo. Even if he was perfectly content with the demon, a small part of him still enjoyed thinking about his wilder days - and hopefully introducing Apollo to it meant that door could be reopened again.

He didn't really want the night to deteriorate as it had - at least, he deteriorated for him. He wanted to enjoy himself with his boyfriend, not sit sullenly at a table whilst the demon chatted up a storm with several (inevitably) charmed humans who, like the others in his little cult, were hooked on his every word. He felt like an idiot, really, getting drunk alone whilst his boyfriend had fun. The silver lining was how happy Mary seemed to be, but he kept away from her for that reason, afraid his bitter drunkenness would somehow rub off on her.

"You know," he slurred once deciding enough was enough, strolling up to the demon sternly. "You know, you're a real fucking dickhead. I hate you. G-Go rot."

“Oh, do calm down, Elijah,” the demon sighed with a comforting smile, patting the empty space beside him. Alcohol was never really used to get him drunk, moreso he just enjoyed the flavor. The watered down beer wasn’t really what he was used to but he didn’t protest to ordering a few glasses, of only to make his boyfriend happy. Waving the group of humans away, he had already given them the time and location for their usual sermons. To the bitter grumbles of the other college students, he scooted out of the booth to move to Elijah’s side, his arms resting in the human’s shoulder.

“Relax, baby. I’m always so conflicted to see you this jealous,” he purred with a smirk. His ego had been stroked properly already and thus only meant his mood was in a high. “You want to have fun, just you and I right? Look, I’m having as much fun as I can at a place like this, hm?”

"I wanted you to have fun with me, not with those freaks, and you've spent fucking ages with them-- you prefer doing that bullshit than being with me," he grimaced, resting his head in his hand for a moment, at least until he managed to stop the dizzy feeling he was hit with. He could handle his alcohol well, but he had drunk far too much to counteract how shit he felt watching Apollo work the room and gather up some disciples hung on his every word. It made him feel horrible, and the fact Apollo was all smiles about it pissed him off even more. He wanted to be dramatic and storm out, but the affection stopped him, even if it didn't stop him scowling darkly.

"If you think that lot is gonna wander straight into your little ceremony unscathed, you're an idiot. They can't j-just waltz over to you and... and take your attention away from me, I'm not letting 'em do that and get away with it. It isn't fair," he grunted, downing the rest of the vodka in his hand, a slight grimace at the strength of it - but it would help him get even more drunk, so it was a necessary evil at the moment.

"You don't even feel bad, do 'ya? I was sat over there by myself watching you charm fucking strangers when you should have been w-with me-- nah, fuck this, I'm not happy. I'm not gonna let this slide because you don't think it's a big deal; I think it is, so fuck y-you."

You were quite content at staying away the whole time, Elijah,” he reminded, his smile fading as he watched the other. Letting out a tired sigh, he pinched his brow with one hand while the other remained around the other’s neck. Once relaxing, he offered a small smile to try and smooth it all over.

“It’s just you and me now, yeah? Take a seat, hm? I’ve never seen you this drunk,” Apollo admitted as he carefully led the human towards one of the booths before offering a soft kiss on the cheek. “I’m sorry, I didn’t think you would be so upset. Can I make it up to you?”

"You never think, that's your problem. You're selfish," he grimaced, resting his forehead against the cool of the table to prevent his headache from feeling as painful as it was. Besides, he wanted to avoid eye contact until he formulated a sentence in his head, knowing that h'd end up blurting something out that he regretted if it didn't take the time to consider it all first.

"Kill them; sacrifice them all at your ritual ceremony or whatever. I'd be happy then. You don't need any more people around you, I... I can't cope with it. Call me possessive or whatever you want, but I just want you to myself sometimes; I can't share you with more people because I'd hardly get time with you to myself and... it fucking enrages me sometimes, so no; no more people," he decided sternly, lifting his head up with his eyes now locked onto Apollo's, determined to put his foot down and not allow Apollo to do everything he wanted. At the back of his mind, he faintly regretted taking such a hard stance with someone who was used to getting their way, and who could have him killed in seconds, but Apollo was his boyfriend; he ought to be able to make compromises to help their relationship function properly.

"...I don't think I'm asking too much," he continued weakly, smiling over how tipsy he sounded. "I ain't too drunk; I mean what I'm saying. Kill 'em and we're okay; I'll be okay if you do that. It'll show me you care more about me and that's all I want, y'know?"

His smile dropped instantly, replaced with a flat expression as he listened to his boyfriend babble on. Taking a sip of his cup of beer, he waited for the other to stop talking to adjust himself on his seat, mulling over the request.He knew Elijah would never really understand his situation, why would he? Elijah was still young while he was centuries old, he knew what his father asked of him and he understood why. Taking one of Elijah's hand, he offered it a comforting squeeze.

"I understand why you're upset," he began after a pause, a small smile on his lips. "I understand that you're sick of my followers and I... will sacrifice a few. Not all of them - not all seven, that's ridiculous. The only real reason I'm doing this is to prove that my father that I will be a worthy King and I want that for us," he reminded, raising his brow. "Oh, that's so exciting by the way. You would be the first ever human Queen of Hell - well, I suppose that wouldn't be your title. I can only imagine the whole ceremony to be a hoot."

"It's not my thing; some huge ceremony. I don't think I'd enjoy that. I'd fuck it up somehow-- and fuck off, I can be a Queen. I'd be cute in a crown," he slurred, a drunken smile permanently fixed on his face which was at least an improvement on the scowl that had been found there beforehand. He was still fuming, especially with the reluctant reaction he felt from Apollo, but he couldn't stay mad at him for long; he was never able to.

"I just find 'em annoying. I get it though, alright? I do get it," he sighed after a moment, pressing forward to rest up close to him, needing the support to stop him just collapsing onto the ground. "God, I can't see straight-- I'm shit-faced, aren't I? Might as well have some fun. I want to have a dance, grab a greasy kebab down the road and... I guess we'll have to walk back to the uni, can't exactly drive, can we?"

“I can drive us,” he reassured, eagerly accepting the closeness and even took the opportunity to kiss along Apollo’s neck affectionately, a soft purr in his voice.

I’m not shit-faced. You humans are so... weak? That sounds rude. You are so, Ah... sensitive. It’s cute, really,” he murmured, nestling close to Elijah’s neck, smirking once realizing that the other had relaxed.

“I can drive your sister and her friend to their place and it can be just you and me, right?” He whispered, a brow raised,

"But we have lots of stuff to do first, Apollo. I... I wanna just have fun tonight, goof off for a bit. Maybe get another tattoo, yeah? Of your name somewhere, that'd be cute-- or maybe we can find a jeweller's and I can buy you a ring or something. 'Cause I wanna marry 'ya, obviously. Before we go back to your home. I want my sister to at least see us marry, eventually. Dunno when that'll be. I'd marry you tonight if I could, easily," he slurred, too drunk to take notice of how much he had confessed. It wasn't anything he'd regret saying - he loved Apollo and while he hadn't broached the topic of marriage before, he wasn't embarrassed by doing so even if he was sober. He just had the confidence to actually get it off his chest now.

He didn't remember anything else he had said that night, being blissfully unaware that, during his anger at Apollo, he had chosen to rant to his sister about him. He hadn't mentioned what his boyfriend was, thankfully, but the mention of him being the ringleader of a cult had been spoken of. Not that he remembered ever saying so, of course.

"And I'd wear a suit-- one of those cool patterned ones, y'know? Maybe one of those ones with cherries patterned over it, those are cool. And I'd dye my hair pink to fit in with it-- and you could wear a dress," he snorted, forcing his eyes open with the lazy smile pulling at his lips. "You'd pull that look off, easy."

“Oh, that would be lovely,” he praised easily, oblivious to the horrified Mary as she and Agnes both watched the couple from across the bar. Meanwhile, Apollo’s cheeks were rosy at, well, a proposal essentially. He knew Elijah was drunk but he also knew that he and the human were madly in love, so it wouldn’t be a regretful decision, right? Giddily squealing, he moved to offer a passionate kiss.

“Oh my gosh, of course I’ll wear a dress! No way are you wearing a cherry printed suit, don’t be daft. A nice red suit would be lovely, you’d look so suave,” he gushed, a wide grin on his lips as he took another sip of his beer. “Oh, my daddy is going to be so excited to hear! Granted, this is unprecedented but I like to shake things up, yeah?” He continued to babble, helping Elijah to his feet.

“Let’s get home, I want to celebrate,” he urged, practically skipping to Mary and her friend. He was far to excited to give Mary’s fear any notice, instead Apollo nudged the human. “Let’s head home, hm? It’s getting late and I would hate for ou two to get in trouble at work tomorrow, eh?” He pressed, desperate to leave the club.

“Ah... Yeah...” Mary cautiously replied, her eyes avoiding both her brother and Apollo as she instead cling to Agnes who had grown suspiciously quiet. “I think that’s a good idea...”

"See how fucking thoughtful he is? He's too nice-- you're too nice, Apollo. Way too sweet," he purred, his arms both wrapped around his boyfriend from behind, indifferent to his sister's and Agnes' horror. Hell, he was oblivious to them in general at the moment, hence his decision to effectively make out with Apollo there and then, not being at all subtle in either the passionate kisses down his neck or the slow grind of his hips against him from behind. He had done a lot worse when he was drunk, tantamount to sexual contact on many occasions, to a little kissing and grinding was hardly explicit - though he'd probably be mortified if he was reminded of it by his sister when he was sober.

"You look moody, cheer the fuck up, Mary," he grinned, turning his attention back to her and ruffling her hair up playfully, his arm now wrapped around her shoulders affectionately. "Tonight was good, yeah? We can do this again sometime-- I gotta see you play at a club or two. My little sister, the rockstar, huh? If you make it real big-- nah, when you make it big, don't forget about lil' old me, 'kay?"

“I won’t,” Mary quickly replied with a nervous laugh, her eyes darting from Agnes and back to her brother, a halfhearted smile on her lips. Chugging back her drink to finish it, she urged Agnes to do the same as Apollo bashfully giggled at the sexual tension, oblivious to just how uncomfortable both of the women were.

“Okay, lets head out,” urged Apollo, tugging along Elijah and expected the other two to follow. Agnes and Mary trailed along, their faces pale as they pushed through the club. “Oh, this is so exciting! You know, I’ll even let Mary come to the wedding, assuming we have a... normal one,” Apollo continued. “As long as you wear something cute, okay, Mary? See, I enjoy your fashion sense so you’ll probably be fine! Ah... perhaps wear some gray instead of black, though - a little lighter,” he babbled with a laugh.

"Something small though, I don't want those weirdo friends of yours turning up. Just me, you and a few witnesses," he shrugged, gratefully clambering into the car with a sigh, not bothering to pretend that he wasn't as exhausted as he was. He already knew he'd feel the pain of his binge-drinking tomorrow, the only saving grace being the lack of classes he had. It meant he could hopefully meet up with his sister and do something casual that didn't require too much energy.

"...We should meet up for breakfast tomorrow; maybe at the cafe on campus again? Then we can do whatever you want, Mary," he smiled back at her, buckling his seatbelt in lazily. "We can spend all of tomorrow together-- unless you're working. We can just meet up whenever you're free."

“I’m working, yes.” She quickly replied as she buckled up, her eyes locked on the window as the two stiffly sat, her hand clutching Agnes’ for comfort. “You have my number now so... I’ll text you, okay?” She suggested with pursed lips. “B-Besides, don’t... you and Apollo have things to do?” She suggested.

She was terrified of the small man in addition to her brother, though she at least loved her brother enough to know she was safe from. As for Apollo, she knew he could get angry and she didn’t really want to deal with that sort of anger.

“Yes, yes. We’ll figure it out,” decided Apollo dismissively with a smile as he started up the car. Once Agnes murmured their home, Apollo set the GPS casually. He could drive well but that didn’t mean he enjoyed if, hence why he often had Elijah to do it. Because of that, he would suddenly stop occasional with a quiet ‘oops’ under his breath. “You live mighty far.”

"They could have stayed with us-- they could have crashed at my dorm for the night. I'm always sleeping in yours anyway, Apollo-- we're basically at their place now, don't moan," he snorted, waving him off and shutting his eyes to try and get as much rest as he could. He was taking notice of the tension in the air, though he assumed that he was merely paranoid about it.

"Just text me, okay? We can hang out again-- I want to make up for lost time, Mary," he sighed quietly, pressing a hand over his eyes to protect them from the light of the passing streetlamps. "We don't have to go out or anythin', we can just chill out."

“Yeah, I’ll text you,” she reassured, pursing her lips with a smile as she opened her phone, scrolling through her social media aimlessly. Once at their apartment, Mary smiled to her brother before at least offering a quick peck on the cheek for him. She quickly grabbed Agnes’ arm to tug her forward.

Once the two were out, Apollo’s smile Faltered. He wasn’t dumb, he knew something was wrong but he decided to say nothing. He wanted to get romantic and decided to focus more on the wedding. He would have to call his father, eagerly gush to him and while his father probably wouldn’t be too thrilled to hear he was with a human but he couldn’t choose what or who he loved, right?