5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Monsters, supernatural, fantasy, romance, criminality, slice-of-life (modern or set in past, usually with some twists)
lmlm.png
Ever since he was a young boy, Elijah hadn't had many expectations for how his life would turn out. If anything, he could only ever anticipate it going downhill. With the parents he had and their method of raising him and his sister, high hopes were never something he could say to have. He was raised amongst violence and hatred, made to feel as though his very existence was disgusting, and his sexuality was something he had chosen to spite his parents. It wasn't, of course, but for a long time he was indoctrinated into believing that.

Somehow, everything seemed to fall into place for him. Up until he was 18, he had only been filled with hatred, rage and disgust for himself and for life itself. He had no real reason to be optimistic, even when he first got into university. Sure, Elijah believed that it could be a turning point in his life, something he could focus on to create a future for himself and for his sister, but he never truly believed he would succeed. When his parents had constantly told him for 16 years that he would never amount to anything, the idea that he could succeed at something or be happy just wasn't... a viable idea for him.

And then he met Apollo. It was a chance meeting, Elijah deciding randomly that he could afford to spend some of his limited cash on a hot chocolate; something he never ordinarily treated himself to. It was during that random decision that he saw Apollo buying himself a coffee, and the first moment he saw him was the very first moment he could quite clearly admit that he was in love with someone upon first sight. What followed was a few days of getting to know him, unaware at first that his presence around Apollo was a selfish act on the demon's part, made solely to earn him a bodyguard. Eventually, after a few days, that selfishness made way for apparently genuine love, and it was over that year that Elijah could finally admit that he was happy. It was hardly a conventional relationship, and dating a demon (let alone the Devil's actual sole heir) was against everything he had been raised to believe, but that barely concerned Elijah. All he knew was that, to him, Apollo was perfect... even when he was directing the humans he gathered as servants to sacrifice people on his behalf. Elijah was no stranger to violence anyway, but murder? The idea would horrify him if anyone but Apollo was in charge of the ritual sacrifices. Instead, purely because it was Apollo, Elijah would calmly stand beside him and observe with a faint smile on his face, gaining happiness from it for the simple fact Apollo was happy.

He knew the relationship was incredibly close, that neither of them could cope being without the other, and how others might perceive that as unhealthy - but any criticism of the relationship was only met with Eli's anger and, obviously, nobody wanted to provoke that.

Yet, recently, someone had. Elijah had overheard two guys randomly commenting how 'fucked up' Elijah's relationship was; how unnaturally close he was to Apollo who, the men stated, was a 'freak' for the way he presented himself. What followed was, quite unsurprisingly, a fight, which left Elijah quietly allowing Apollo to patch up his bloodied knuckles and bust lip. It was something that had become common over the year, Eli growing accustomed to wandering into Apollo's lavish dorm, setting himself down and allowing his boyfriend to clean up the inevitable blood and bruises.

"They were being dickheads, Apollo. They fucking deserved what they got. Called you names, called me a loser. If anyone deserved it, it was those guys," he confirmed with a nod, wincing at the pain caused by speaking-- though it didn't stop him grinning to himself once he took in the other. "You look extra cute today-- that's a new top, right? It's cute on you."

• Thank You
Reactions: saturnia pavonia
Apollo expected this. He had taken note that, on the very rare occasions that the two were separated it was only ever for an hour tops. The fact that it took so long for Elijah to return meant that either his boyfriend was hurt or more likely, he got into a fight. His anxiety vanished the minute he heard the keys unlock the dorm door, immediately dropping his textbook and setting his laptop aside to lead the other in, a frown on his face at the sight.

That being said, despite the frown, a hint of Apollo enjoyed the sight. It meant that the other cared for him and while he knew that, it didn’t mean it didn’t make him feel good to see proof every now and then. Motioning for the human to sit on the couch, he hurried to the medical kit to carefully dab Elijah’s lip to stop the bleeding, motioning the other to keep it in his mouth before getting the cutest bandaids he had just bought - featuring hearts and flowers - and neatly placing them on the wounds. He was no nurse but he was steadily getting better at taking care of humans now that Eli got into so many fights.

“For starters, it is,” he began, quite proud of the chiffon shirt and tight black jeans combination. “That being said, complimenting me won’t get rid of how mad I am at you. You were gone so long and... and you weren’t answering your texts, I was about to call 999, yeah?” He ehispered, his voice soft as he spoke. When the other’s hands were properly bandaged, he offered one hand a soft kiss.

“They’ll get what they deserve soon, relax,” he urged before leaning back, taking the paper from his boyfriend’s lip in content to see it had stopped bleeding. He also offered a quick smooch on the lips before letting a small smile creep. “I’m just glad you’re home safe. I can see you forgot to get groceries on the way over from class but we can just order out tonight, yeah?” He confirmed, proud of himself for just how much compromising he was doing rather than being selfish. “I’ll get you some water, you need to stay hydrated.”

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Bullshit. That's bullshit and you know it is - you aren't that mad about this. You love it. Don't think I can't see that twinkle in your eye whenever you clean me up, Apollo. Don't try and cover up how fucking pleased you are every time I wander in here having beat someone up for talking shit about us," the human replied as he admired the neatness of the bandages smiling to himself at the overly cute patterns. They were clearly incongruous to his image, being aware that any stranger unaware of his reputation might assume how intimidating he was on appearance alone. However, he wasn't against donning some cute patterns - hell, he would wear whatever his boyfriend picked out for him, and sometimes it inevitably consisted of some cute patterned t-shirts or trousers, and he was fine with that. A few bandages, then, really were no issue.

"We only have twenty minutes before class starts, you know. We should probably use that time wisely," he pointed out from the bed, having moved to settle down and ease whatever pains still ached him. With that in mind, unsubtly proposing that they use their spare time to have sex wasn't wise of him, not if he wanted to stop feeling as achy as he already was, but pain hardly mattered to him if it meant getting intimate with Apollo. He would gladly deal with the pain from the fight if it meant just making out with him on the bed for a little while.

"Nothing fucking weird, though. Don't really have time for that," he added as he kicked his shoes off expectedly, his hands moving to work on unbuttoning the fancy shirt he had recently purchased (with Apollo's insistence, anyway). "Screw the water, I'm fine. Just get over here, time's of the essence. Just... before one of your little disciples come here to remind you about class, yeah? It'd be a mood-killer. Don't want that, right?"

"Oh, you little minx~!" He replied, his smile only growing as he easily moved to sit on the other's chest, equally as giddy at the suggestion. With a flick of Apollo's wrist, the lock to their dorm could be heard just in case his disciples did, in fact, decide to show up prematurely. He enjoyed (most) of his followers, at least enough not to sacrifice them in a ritual, but they couldn't compare to Elijah in his eyes. When his college life was over and he was inevitably forced back to Hell, he either 1. intended to bring Elijah with him or 2. wait patiently until Elijah's natural death and immediately make sure he had a pretty place in Hell besides him. He hadn't introduced the human to his father yet though it was a part of the plan for the very, very near future.

Easily slipping off the expensive shirt to neatly set it to the side (as to avoid wrinkling) he impatiently fiddled with his pants with a huff, tossing those to the side haphazardly. It was one thing to care about chiffon but slacks? That was the least of his worries. Getting off the other's chest briefly, he waited for the human to undress as well while biting his lips.

"You're always so excited when you come back from one of your little fights," he noted in clear fascination, that of which he is certain will never cease. "It's so primal, EEli, I love it," he admitted gushingly as he moved to run a hand down the other's chest, his eyes sparkling. For a demon, the fact that Elijah had been his first and so far the only lover was a bit embarrassing and only meant that all of his pent-up perversions had to be handled by the other, it being an overwhelming amount he assumed. "You look so handsome all bruised and cut up, Eli."

"It's adrenaline y'know? And I can't think of a better way to take advantage of that by being with you. Beats heading to the gym or just lounging about, calming down, yeah? Any excuse I have to, like, get into bed with you, I'm gonna take," he responded with a wink, his smile unashamedly rising at just how quick the mood had gone from concern as Apollo fixed him up, to unsubtle lust. If anything, it was surely a good thing that they were this eager to be together. He had heard a few comments over the months from students in their classes that the couple were too close, that it was 'weird' that they were apparently unable to go five minutes without sharing some heated kiss or dreamily smile in one another's direction. Hell, hardly a day went past without them having sex but Elijah refused to admit it was a bad thing.

He wasn't going to apologise for being in love with Apollo, and nor was he going to apologise for acting on that. It was one of the reasons he got into fights - to silence the people who critiqued his relationship, as though they were in it and knew everything that went on.

Elijah had only just removed the last article of clothing when the inevitable knock on the door arrived, grimacing in frustration at how easily he had predicted it. Apollo's control of the 'disciples', as Eli had termed them, was a constant source of pride for him. He liked seeing his boyfriend wield that sort of power, especially since it gave him so much joy to do so, but it was also a considerable pain in the ass when they always seemed to want to be around him, to soak up his presence.

"Don't fucking answer it. C'mon babe, ignore it," he pleased quickly, resting up on his elbows with a frown. "...I mean, they'll go away when they get the message, right? They can't have you right now; I have you. I ain't letting your little followers fuck this up for us."

With Elijah being as loud as he was, the message came through the door loud and clear for Cameron, the eager journalism student breathing a sigh of relief. He was evidently determined to get into the group and find out what was going on, which meant he had to be around Eli and Apollo, but sometimes that was the last thing he wanted. Elijah was hardly his cup of tea, finding the man a complete brute, and Apollo unnerved him. Their reluctance to answer was welcomed because it was far too early to put on a mask and act like some deluded follower; he hadn't even had a coffee yet, so any chance of pulling off his usually decent portrayal of one of the followers was unlikely.

Instead, he was happy to walk away and forget all about why he had approached in the first place, deciding to head for his morning coffee before class. It was on the way to the cafeteria that he saw Mary, however, lingering in the corridor where Elijah's dorm was based. Anyone else might have wandered past without taking any notice, but being as considerate as he was, Cameron awkwardly paused when he noticed how uneasy she seemed, offering a polite smile in the hopes of helping her out.

"You looking for someone?" He began curiously as he offered a glance down the corridor. "You look a little lost - I can help if you want? I live just down the corridor, so I know most of the people who live on this floor, so..."

“Hi, uh... y-yes, I could use assistance,” the young girl replied, her cheeks rosy from the stress. She had spent the last hour following who she thought was her brother after catching glimpse of him whilst waiting on the bus. She had been off from work that day so she assumed it would be totally fine for her to just..: casually follow a stranger.

Mary knew it was dumb. She had spent precious time that could be put towards practice on following some random person, all because The concept of her speaking to someone was ridiculous but at the time, stalking seemed completely rational. Now she was nervously standing close to her brother’s dorm, adjusting her weight in her platform shoes that only helped in her height.

“I’m... looking for Elijah Hawthorne,” she explained, her black lips pursing. It’s very important that you help me, i-I... need to see him. I know he attends this school so, Ah.... sorry,” she continued, her voice tapering in sound once realizing she was a bit too obnoxious.

Cameron's first assumption was that this girl had some romantic involvement with Elijah. He knew he was dating Apollo, but he had no idea whether Elijah preferred solely men or if his eye wandered further afield - and if it did, then surely it was possible that this girl was in love and had tracked him down? Admittedly, despite the chaos it would cause, Cameron found himself silently hoping for that series of events. Elijah hardly liked him and, as a result of that, Cameron didn't have many chances to get as close into the group as he liked. If he couldn't do that, then how was he going to get at the heart of what was going on within it?

However, if Elijah was suddenly out of the picture and cast aside by a heartbroken Apollo, then suddenly plenty of opportunities were suddenly made available.

Of course, it didn't take long for Cameron to realise he was grasping at straws. Any idiot could tell that Elijah was madly in love with his boyfriend. Likewise, on closer inspection, anyone could see the similarities Mary bore to Elijah; they were both tall, fair-skinned and had the same shade of brilliant green eyes. He didn't need to be told that they were related.

"...I assume you're a sister or a cousin or something? You look like him," he smiled politely, thanking his lucky stars that he hadn't instantly blurted out how much he despised Elijah. "Ah, he's... with his boyfriend right now, I... don't think they want to be disturbed, and Elijah can get pretty mad if I interrupt him, but... look, you've clearly travelled a long way, so... yeah, come with me, I'll show you to his boyfriend's dorm, it's just down here."

Mary silently congratulated herself on somehow having everything fall into place. For all she knew, she could have spent hours of her time all for naught and end up heading home with her head hung low. She would probably be equal parts mocked and comforted over her idiocy from her friends and that wasn't really something she wanted to do. She would much prefer to be able to have everything work out - as it seemed it was - than return home defeated and desperate for a drink.

"Yes! Yes, ah... so are you a friend of Elijah?" She immediately asked, hurrying from the small hidden corner eagerly. "I'm Mary - I'm Elijah's sister," she explained quickly after, unable to hide her grin as she clutched the strings to her backpack tightly. "You look nice, it would warm my heart to know my brother made friends with such a kind looking bloke. I'm really sorry for bothering you this much, it just... really means a lot to me."

As she obediently followed, Mary took in the campus curiously. She never really dreamt of going to college, both from being constantly reminded that they didn't have the money to and the fact that she felt as if there was no real point. To learn that her brother was attending college and he assumed doing relatively well - well enough to stay in college - was incredible to her. She always looked up to her brother and this was just another reason to, it seemed.

"...Yes, well, friends might be a stretch. We don't have a lot of the same interests, and we won't pretend we're best friends, but I... suppose we get along alright. Your brother has plenty of friends, though. He's... popular," he began with an easy smile back at the girl, knowing he had deliberately held back on divulging the truth. Elijah was hardly popular, not when he practically terrorised anyone that so much as glanced at him wrongly; it was Apollo who held the popularity and all the friends that came with it, but Cameron was far too nice of a person to criticise Elijah to his own sister. Not when she seemed so happy to see him.

"But I like him a lot, actually. He's different, sure, but I like that. He's interesting. Plays guitar real good, has a wicked sense of humour," he continued, forcing out the happy tone. He had no doubt Elijah would contradict it all later on, say how much of a 'dweeb' Cameron was, but that didn't mean he was going to badmouth him - he could hardly do that to someone like Mary, who seemed surprisingly sweet and, therefore, completely unlike her brother.

Coming to the dorm was awkward when he knew what was taking place behind the door, but he proceeded to knock loudly nevertheless, confident that he was doing the right thing. Unless Elijah detested Mary and wanted nothing to do with her, Cameron was certain he was doing what anyone would do... even if he knew he was pissing off the couple in the dorm by doing so. Inevitably, calls for him to 'fuck off' sounded immediately, which he responded to by announcing who he was with and hoping that would stop any anger being aimed at him.

After a hurried effort to tug on his tracksuit bottoms, Elijah appeared at the door, cautious at first as though this was some horrid trick. As soon as he was met with Mary, he dropped the cautiousness and flung the door open wide, tugging his sister into a tight hug. He hadn't seen her in almost four years, and for all he knew, he might never have seen her again. Her appearance was a surprise, but a hugely welcome one.

"Fuck, I... god, you've gotten so big, I... you were some little kid when I saw 'ya," he grinned, too happy to care that his usual stormy expression he used in front of Cameron had now melted away. "...This is amazing, Mary-- god, come in. I'll make you some coffee, Apollo has this Italian blend-- it's pretty great, I'm sure he won't mind us having a cuppa."

"Oh, jesus christ," Mary immediately replied, startled by being pulled into the tight embrace suddenly. She replied with a tight hug in return nonetheless, burying her face in the other's chest before the unsubtle sound of her crying. Pulling away to wipe her face, she completely ignored how embarassing it was to see herself, her dark makeup now smudged from the tears. Sniffling, she wanted to talk more until seeing Apollo who was childishly leaning against the wall, having hurried to get into a pair of underwear and a shirt.

"Where have you been?" Mary finally asked once getting a hold of herself a bit more, wiping more tears away neatly. "God, I... I don't know, I thought I was never going to see you again, Elijah. I thought you had left the country, o-or... I dunno, killed yourself or something. I saw you at the coffee shop I work at and I thought it was you but I had to know, you know? A-And... I mean, I'm right! God - fuck, plus you're going to college? I'm so proud of you a-and I'm just-" she would have continued, though her babbling was interupted by Apollo clearing his throat audibly and reluctantly starting up a coffee.

"So you're Elijah's sister, then. He's mentioned you, I'm just disappointed that you had to show up at such an inconvenient time," drawled Apollo, his eyes rolling as he faced away from the humans. "I don't mean to be rude and cut this whole little reuinion short but we have to go to class soon. We can all chat about this when class is over, yes? It'll give you time to fix your makeup, Mary," Apollo reminded, just a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"I sent letters, Mary. I... I sent them and I never got replies, so I thought you were... mad? I don't know. I guess I'm an idiot for not assuming Mum and Dad were... stopping them, but-- but look, fuck them, right? You're here and that's fucking amazing, so... so let's get a coffee and catch up and... and I can apologise properly for leaving," he grimaced, his attempts of doing so at the moment failing. It was awkward to have to have some emotional, soppy reunion with his beloved little sister when Apollo was moodily sulking behind him, and Cameron -someone he notoriously hated- was standing with a nervous smile on his face, observing the whole thing.

"Huh-- Oh, right! This is Apollo, he's my boyfriend. I told him all about you, obviously. Even about all the embarrassing things you've done," the elder sibling beamed as he beckoned his sister into the room, unceremoniously shutting the door behind them in Cameron's face - like hell was he inviting him in to observe the reunion any further.

Growing aware that he was improperly dressed, he awkwardly tugged on a shirt and attempted to smooth the bedsheets out as subtly as he could, sitting on the corner of the bed to try and look relaxed, and not as embarrassed as he apparently felt.

"So, uh... Apollo and I have been dating a while, he's pretty much perfect. Mum would probably blow a fuse if she knew I was dating him, but that's why I had to leave, y'know? So I could do what I wanted - I guess you figured that out too, yeah? That you had to leave?"

Growing quiet to let her brother speak, Mary instead put that energy into taking in the apartment. It was lovely, nothing like her current apartment with friends. There were proper decorations, clean furniture lacking any cigarette burns, not to mention how bright it all was. Tightening her backpack straps, she jumped when hearing the door slam so rudely. She had the impression that he and Cameron were friends, plus she wanted to formerly thank the man.

With a frown, she instead continued to follow Elijah obediently, ignoring the bed - she had made the connection the moment she saw the two together. Taking a careful seat, she smiled, desperate to keep from crying again.

“You sent letters? I got nothing. It isn’t a surprise, though, I knew there must have been something fishy up. I would have sent back but I thought you were mad, so I didn’t,” she explained before setting her back to the side, her eyes locked on her hands.

“Yeah, I got out of there the minute I graduated,” she murmured, her smile faltering. “My friends had bought an apartment before graduation and I was invited to live with them. So, after the little ‘party’ mum and dad threw, I got the stuff my friends hadn’t taken with them, bought a train ticket and got the hell out of there. I’m in a pretty successful local band right now, and I work down at the coffee shop on Main in the day.”

"You're in a band? All those punk bands I made you listen to had an effect, huh?" Elijah grinned, the fact his sister seemed to have her life together being a huge relief to him. He was sure that their shit upbringing had an effect on her, as it did him, but he was thankful she seemed to be holding herself together well enough to have a career, friends and a place to live. He feared that she would be a complete wreck, so to hear that that wasn't the case brought a smile to his face.

He wasn't the wreck she assumed he would be either, but he also knew he had Apollo to thank for that. He hadn't got himself together by himself. He got into university and got himself a job, but he also knew he'd probably have fucked it all up if it wasn't for Apollo, who was able to calm him down and keep him on a relatively straight path... well, as straight a path as was possible given the ritualistic sacrifices Elijah was not only witness to, but occasionally involved in.

"You can obviously stay with us a few days. Nobody's going to care if you stay with us - Apollo gets away with murder around here," he continued with a sly smile to the demon, more than aware of the choice of words. "And he doesn't mind, do you? If Mary comes and stays with us a few days while we catch up? I don't want her travelling into the uni every day, that ain't fair - and we're used to being close together, we shared a room as kids."

Her mood immediately lightened when given a positive response towards her band. It was one thing to hear it from fans, and she was only seen as a piece to a bigger puzzle. To hear her brother praise her for something she was passionate only made her grin and blush bashfully. She was only outwardly the drummer, but under covers she was also the lyricist and that was a fact she was incredibly proud of.

“I mean, if it’s no problem to you? I could only stay two days top, I... didn’t really expect this to work our so obviously I didn’t bring any backup clothes,” Mary reminded, her eyes turning towards the door as she heard the French press do it’s magic.

“I suppose she can sleep on the couch for a night,” Apollo allowed once walking into the bedroom, two coffees in hand for Mary and one for himself. “Only because we aren’t busy tonight. Now we really must get going, we have class in fifteen minutes and I really don’t want to have to... convince our professor to relieve us of trouble, he’s very nice. I trust your sister not to trash our dorm.”

"Huh? Oh come on, we can skip one lecture, Apollo, it's not going to make a difference to you, is it? You're gonna pass with flying colours anyway. If you want to go and keep up your solid reputation, you can head on to the class. I'm gonna show Mary to one of the on-site cafeterias, get something to eat and catch up or whatever. I ain't going to class when my little sister is in town - you know I haven't seen her in years," he grimaced, slightly put out by his boyfriend's selfishness. He understood it all, to an extent. In all the months they had been dating, Elijah had always been stuck to his side like glue, so sure, he did understand that Apollo might be a little annoyed by the fact he was putting his sister first at the moment.

He understood it perfectly well... but he hardly agreed with it.

"...Besides, I hate that class anyway. The professor's a joke. I'd rather skip," he shrugged, leaning back onto the bed with a loud sigh. "Don't look at me like that, Apollo. This is important to me, yeah? She's my sister. I'm not gonna leave her here to go to a class I hate, am I?"

Unable to hide a grimace, the demon hesitated before huffing and rolling his eyes as he walked away. Grabbing a pair of pants and socks, he headed to the bathroom to get dressed begrudgingly. As Apollo dressed, Mary offered an awkward smile.

“So, he’s... your boyfriend?” She confirmed slowly, immediately being hit with guilt. “He - I guess I didnt expect him to be your type but that’s fine, you two seem happy so that’s what matters, right?” She offered delicately before adjusting herself on the bed, deciding to pop off her chunky shoes.

“I’m going to head to class,” Apollo declared once out of the bathroom, his messy hair now neatly fixed and pulled up into his beanie. Pouring his coffee into a travel mug, he adjusted his bag and offered a smile to Elijah, ignoring Mary completely. “I hope you know people will immediately worry. I suggest - no, I insist this be the last time you skip this class, understood?” Apollo casually spoke, though his gray eyes held power behind him as he locked them into Elijah. Grabbing his key from the wall, he offered a wave. “I’ll be back after class.”

The obvious anger from his boyfriend didn't make Elijah feel any better - but it also didn't make him feel completely guilty. In fact, it pissed him off if anything, because not only was the anger unjustified (in Eli's eyes), but it also made him feel belittled, as though as he was just one of Apollo's worshipping little disciples who ought to do whatever he asked of them. That was how things were way back before they ever began to date, and he had no desire to go back to that. He thought that they were in an equal relationship, where he was at least treated as a partner and not some subordinate human. That one look from Apollo made him doubt everything.

Forcing himself not to dwell on it, he shot his sister a smile to try and reassure her, not entirely happy with her treatment by Apollo either.

"He's really great, just... a little moody? I don't know, he doesn't like being interrupted when we're... busy. He'll be fine later, yeah? He's not a bitch. I always wanted you to meet him, so he knows how much you mean to me. I'm sure he'll... be happier later on," he shrugged, pulling himself to his feet with a faint smile. "Nah, he's great, I... well, I love him, y'know? So, uh... look, as rude as he was to you, just know that he's not like that all the time; not to most people. He's just irritated about the interruption is all."

“Oh, well, I’m sorry,” she replied while looking down at her coffee curiously. Taking a sip, she nodded in approval before taking another sip. “I mean, I get it. I didn’t really show up invited, in his credit, and I can’t tell you were... busy, yeah?” She noted, her brows raising. Watching Apollo leave, she decided to get to her feet to take in more of the space.

“You look horrible,” she finally noted once seeing the many bandaids around the other’s fingers. “I mean, geez - you’re still fighting? Why? Who are you fighting? Don’t tell me you do it for fun, I know there are fighting rings around here.”

Taking the coffee with her, she decided to sit at the cute little table by the kitchen sink. “I want to know what you’ve been up to, Eli! I mean, you’re doibg so much with your life, I want to know more about what’s been going on.”

There weren't many things about himself Elijah was proud of. After an entire childhood that consisted of his parents telling him how useless he was, confidence wasn't an attribute he could say to have. However, he was always proud of his fighting skills and how adept he was at defending himself. If he wanted to turn professional -which he didn't-, he knew it wouldn't be too hard. However, he wasn't going to boast about any of it when his sister clearly disapproved. The last thing he wanted her to think was that he was some violent brute... even if that was the case most of the time.

"Nah, I don't fight much. Got into an argument that turned physical but that's all it was, you know? I don't do that," he nodded quickly, smiling to try and convince her of that. He knew that she could probably see through the lie, but if he smiled long enough and moved on, he hoped she wouldn't bring it up again.

"I...I've travelled, so that's pretty neat. Apollo's got... I don't wanna sound like a dick, but he's fucking loaded. It's not why I'm with him, obviously, but I ain't gonna pretend it's not nice when he says we can jet off to Paris for the weekend. It's... fucking absurd to me that he hasn't got to worry about cash and stuff. But I have a job, I try to support myself without his help. I help out at the local radio station behind the scenes, it's a good place," he continued with a shrug, shrugging into his jacket once he remembered the plan to take his sister out onto campus. "Doesn't stop people thinking I'm some gold-digger, but whatever, they can talk. You're not dating, are you? 'Cos, obviously, I'd have to meet the guy, make sure he realises not to break your heart, yeah?"

“Nah, I’ve been focusing on other stuff a lot,” she explained, her cheeks growing red. Her relationship was something her friends would often tease her about, often associated with her former, strict religion. It was true, a part of her was terrified of a relationship no thanks to her parents and being scolded for so much as talking to a boy for too long.

“I dont need a man, to be honest. I’m... fine, yeah? I mean, I just moved here a few months ago so that’s still important, haven’t quite figured out my consistent work schedule and all of that,” she explained before grabbing her clunky boots to put back on.

“Do you like the look? God, that hair - it was atrocious, the sort of fashion mum and dad had. I burned or donated those ugly, frumpy dresses they made me wear and just started to wear what felt right,” she explained rather proudly as she took in her appearance in the mirror. “You look pretty much the same as I remember but with more facial hair and bruises.”