Worship

Apollo's casualness regarding someone's death was always something Eli struggled with, falling silent as he attempted to wrap his head around the fact that someone had died - and he felt guilty for that. If he hadn't bickered with Apollo, he would have stayed at the club and someone would have survived. He had seen countless people be sacrificed and it never got any easier for him. If anything, it was detrimental to him and his mental health, though he had tried to explain that and had no real response, so gave up trying to convince Apollo to lead a more normal life.

"I'm sure you can buy another shirt, that's not a big fucking deal. The fact someone died should be far more important than a fucking shirt. You're actually a psychopath, aren't you? God, this is-- I can't handle this," he groaned, leaning against the kitchen island with the now empty wine glass clutched tightly in his hand. "I can't do this anymore, I... my sister's not stupid, she'll notice something. Agnes is gone, she'll put two and two together and assume we had something to do with it, I... I won't have her think I'm a monster, Apollo. I'm not, I... I'm not a monster. You are, you totally are, but I'm not."

"Never said you were a monster," Apollo quickly replied, looking over at him quickly. "You're a human who just so happens to be living and loving a demon. Don't pretend to be ignorant, Elijah, you knew what you were getting into when you accepted being my boyfriend. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a monster because that is in fact what you humans call my species," he continued before moving to the other's side and carefully set his hands on the other's hips.

"The Agnes situation has nothing to do with me, remember that," he added, his tone soft and loving. "If you really need me to help you with that, I will. I'm a supernatural being, if I really need to use my powers to perhaps have your sister forget about Agnes, I think I can work something out. It takes quite a lot of effort on my part, though," he murmured before offering a few soft kisses on the other's neck affectionately.

"Of course it has something to do with you; you told me that the best solution was to have her killed. I'd never have even contemplated it if you hadn't suggested it," he grimaced, frowning more when he realised that all his talk of disliking murder might be complicated by the fact he had told Apollo he had murdered Agnes. It came off as hypocritical, he knew that, but it was better to be seen as a hypocrite than admitting Agnes was alive and well, and simply locked up in an apartment he had bought just in case things went south between him and Apollo.

"I just-- it's overwhelming. People think I'm an asshole who doesn't have feelings and all that shit, but I do. I don't like any of this, Apollo. I-I can't stand those fucking rituals, I hate them. I-I... I can't do that, leave me out of all that shit, okay? I can't stand by and watch you... kill people. I just want us to have a normal life. How cute would that be, huh? We could travel and... and we can get jobs and do normal stuff," he smiled weakly, knowing that his attempt was ultimately futile, but at the back of his head, he hoped that by constantly asking him might change his mind.

"...We could just buy a house here and my sister can visit us. I just... I don't think I can come with you whenever you need to leave. I... I can't, I need to stay here."

"Why, though? If your sister makes it big with her band and whatnot, she'll travel. Are you going to sit here and wait for her to return, twiddling your thumbs? What's so wrong with you moving to Hell with me?" He asked, genuine confusion on his face. Adjusting the weight on his hips, he pouted. "It wouldn't be all year, don't be daft. Perhaps spend the time there in the winter and London could be like a summer home, hm? It would give you time to see your sister but we wouldn't have to spend our whole time here. I'm trying to compromise with you, Elijah. You know you're the only person I'd ever do that to," he reminded before sighing, especially now that the music had been turned off.

"Listen, I'll be here for another two years anyway. I know that's forever for you humans, yes? I really don't want to hear about this again," he sternly explained, though more like a parent than with any actual anger behind it. "Isn't that good enough?"

"Don't treat me like I'm a child; we're in a relationship, I'm kinda allowed to fucking tell you how I feel and expect you to respect that, Apollo. I've done everything for you, it's not outrageous for me to, like, ask you to do one thing for me. Whatever, I'm fucking over it. I'm not going to Hell with you, ever. End of discussion. If you don't want to hear my reasons, that's cool, you don't need to. You just need to know I ain't fucking doing something I don't wanna do; I'll do a lot of shit for you, but not that," he nodded as he moved to the fridge for something far stronger than the wine. Getting drunk wasn't wise, not after yesterday's binge, but the only thing that would get him over the conversation was vodka, heftily filling his glass with it and some cranberry juice for good measure.

He did feel guilty the moment his anger simmered down, of course, turning back to face him with a sigh. "I mean, I... I didn't mean that, obviously. We can talk about it when the time comes, I guess. I just-- it's not easy dating you, you know? I wouldn't change it for the world, but god, it's not easy. You're high-maintenance and demanding and... and the stuff you do fucks my brain up. I-I think I'm allowed to get mad every now and then."

"You seem to be getting mad a lot." He murmured in response as he watched the other drink, a small frown on his lips, though he didn't let the other see as he instead replaced it with the mug filled with tea he had made himself before. Taking a deep breath to keep his own anger down, he instead walked to the bathroom and started up the tub. Talking any more to Elijah would just make him angry and he was already trying his best not to lash out.

"I don't want to talk about any of this right now," he decided as he sat on the toilet, grabbing the book he had been reading carefully. "This is getting nowhere. You don't seem to understand anything I'm trying to say and that's incredibly frustrating, Elijah. It's better that we stop talking about this completely because I don't want to see you be mad anymore and I certainly don't want to get mad again either. We both know that I don't do well being angry."

"...I'm not taking those pills the doctor gave me, they don't work and they just make me tired and I feel like a zombie on them, you know that. They don't do a fucking thing for my anger issues, they just... change me and I'm not down for that," the man grumbled as he wandered to the bathroom, leaning in the doorway as he watched the demon for a moment or two. Eventually, after downing another glassful of vodka, he moved to sit on the edge of the rub and finally offered a smile void of anger and annoyance.

"I love you. You know that, right? I... wouldn't deal with all this if I didn't love you as much as I do. I wouldn't have proposed -however shitty the proposal was- if I didn't. We still need to go and get rings. It's a shame my parents aren't close to me, my mother had the most amazing diamond ring; all surrounded by these rubies. But I'm sure I can buy you something nicer than that; obviously something totally expensive and obnoxious. I'm more subtle; just a gold band will do for me, I think. I... we should do that tomorrow, as soon as we can. And sure, course your Dad can come, I... shouldn't have said he couldn't. I'm sure he'll like me, I'm pretty likeable."

"He won't be too happy with you yelling at me recently, but I'm sure he'll still like you just knowing that I love you," he replied, even if he dreaded admitting it. It was true, though, that there was something about Elijah that he could forgive so easily. Sighing deeply, he set the book aside and offered a small smile in return as he carefully folded his legs.

"Perhaps you should stop drinking for a little bit, Eli. Your manners are horrid when you're drunk," he noted honestly before moving to dip a toe in the water. Once deciding it was proper and as hot as the tub could possibly be, he unrobed and happily sank into the water with a deep sigh of relief. "I especially don't want you to be all hungover whilst we pick our rings, that would be horrifying. Hm... oh! You said your mother has a ring? I could easily get it from her, if you'd like me to."

"That's rude. I can handle my alcohol fine, I'm not that rude. I'd say I'm more honest and it ain't my fault if you don't like what I say when I'm being honest - or would you prefer I lie to you?" He countered as he moved to sit on the toilet, stretching his legs out with a sigh at the mention of his mother. Granted, he had brought her up, but he felt annoyed at himself that he failed to acknowledge what would happen next - of course Apollo would offer to fetch the ring, and he was glad that his boyfriend was as eager as he was about the whole engagement... but that didn't mean he wanted him going anywhere near the house that he grew up in.

"I can't ask you to do that, Apollo. I... I don't want you going near that place, you know how bad it was for me. I mean-- I mean, I couldn't let you go alone and if I went, I'd end up doing something I'd regret, so... look, it's fine, we can buy you a ring."

"Why shouldn't I go alone? Are you concerned for me?" He asked with a pout, only to crack into a smile. "You don't have to be involved with any of this if you don't want to. Just give me the address and that ring could be in our possession. If you're really against the idea, though, I'll honor it," he drawled before grabbing the book again, reading it.

"If you are certain not to have your mother's ring, we can go to the jewelers in the morning. I don't want to delay," he remarked before holding his hand out expectantly, waiting for Elijah to offer his up. "Are you going to join me in here? It's the least you could do after that tantrum and it's what I need to get over my own. Not to mention you know I hate taking baths without you."

"You don't know what they're like, Apollo. They'd hate you just for the fact you wear nail polish; they'd think it was too feminine. I just-- I dunno. I don't want you seeing my parents, that's all. Hell, I bet your Dad isn't as evil as they are," he snorted, obediently changing out of his clothes and sinking into the hot water. He wasn't as fond of baths as Apollo was, but it was something he was willing to join him in just for the fact he loved him and, admittedly, the closeness and proximity was enjoyable - especially after the recent tension between them.

"It wasn't a tantrum; you were pissing me off. I'm still not happy with you fucking murdering someone because you were mad, but I guess I can't talk, can I? I beat people up when I'm mad; I'm no better than you," he murmured, resting his arms on the side of the bath with a growing grin. "...You know I like the fact you're a demon, right? I mean, yeah, it's a lot to deal with, but I think it's hot. I don't know why you don't be yourself when we're in private like this; I'm all for seeing you in your normal form. It's cute."

"You've never even seen me in my 'normal' form, don't be daft. I'm sure you'd faint with just how stunning my real form is. You've only seen little glimpses of what I really look like, though I prefer this form much more. I'm much squishier and softer, plus I look much better in dresses in this form," he explained casually before moving to wrap his free arm around Elijah' hip casually.

"Oh, of course, I'll make sure my father is in his 'human' form as well, not only would I want to scare you but I certainly wouldn't want to scare your sister," he explained before turning his head to offer a kiss. "If you do decide to live with me in Hell one day, it'll be fantastic to see your reaction to some of the characters down there, really. I'll be certain to make sure they keep their forms appropriate."

"If you were serious, about living down there part-time during the winter, then... that could work. It's a decent compromise, actually. I just don't think it's safe for me down there, is it? Humans aren't supposed to go there unless they die, and I don't plan on dying anytime soon," he pointed out, pressing closer at the first sign of affection, reciprocating it with an arm wrapping around him in return.

"I mean, I'd burn up, wouldn't I? My skin will melt off my body and, call me sensitive, but I ain't fond of that happening; don't think I'd survive something like that." Elijah shrugged, tapping his nails against the tub. "And everyone's gonna make fun of me, which will be fun. And you, too, for dating me. It's gonna be a shit show, Apollo. At least here I can hold my own; I'm not gonna be able to defend myself down there if some demon decides to use me as a punch bag, am I?"

"It seems that there is quite a bit of misconception of Hell," he noted, his brows raised in shock. "Oh, sweetheart, no. It is true, I've never had a living human visit before but I could always test it on one of the members first. As for socially, I can assure you that I wouldn't let another demon lay a finger on you. They know who I am and they know who my father is - if they were to even consider the idea, they know that the consequences would be tragic for them. Not to mention, while my father is in charge, there is a council and trials and whatnot. It's not just a ton of hungry demons running around causing violence, it's a much more elegant and put together culture than you human always assume," he scolded lightly, albeit with a smile.

'Relax. The only element that you need to worry about is the 'burning up' idea, though I highly doubt that'll be an issue. If not I, then our scientist can most likely come up with a way to make it work, don't worry," he reassured before nestling closer to Elijah, daring to entangle their legs. "I want all of this worry to begone from you, hm? I hate seeing you so stressed."

"If I end up melting down to a pile of bones, I can promise you I'm gonna haunt the shit out of you for dragging me down there. I mean, if I survive, then sure, it should be... fun?" He smiled, knowing the choice of words was an outright lie but it was better pretending than admitting he'd rather lead a quiet life. He didn't want to be the centre of attention, certainly didn't want to be spoilt and waited upon hand and foot, but that seemed like a certainty at this point. Lying about it to avoid an argument seemed like a good choice, even if he just wanted to be honest to work things out. He'd tried that, however, and it only ended in the tension and discomfort.

"It's not my fault I'm stressed-- you imagine what it's like for me, huh? I've killed my sister's best friend, I'm having to deal with the fact I'm marrying someone like you who's... pretty important and inhuman and... it's just a lot. I'm not good with stress. Never have been. I-- hey, I'm fine. I'm sure it'll all work out. I, uh... I'm sure Hell's nice, I didn't say it would be terrible, Apollo. I'm sure it's decent."

"You would be the sexiest jar of melted flesh I've ever met, and still the most handsome human I've ever laid eyes on," he praised in response, it being clear that he was getting in the mood as he set his book down to press forward a bit, purring softly as he pressed closer. He was a demon - a frustrated one at that, both mentally and sexually - so it was no surprise he was excited to get intimate with the human now that he was not only in a bit of a better mood but also given the opportunity.

"Listen, we don't have to think about your sister's friend right now, and we certainly have to think about my status that won't matter for another few years," he murmured, his hands holding Elijah's cheeks affectionately with a grin. "I want you and I to relax and I know how to do that, yeah?"

"You're kidding, right? You know how to make me relax? I mean, sure, half the time you know exactly how to do that. The other half of the time when we get intimate, I'm far from relaxed. I don't think getting chained to a bed is all that relaxing, babe. You're kinda weird, you know; in the bedroom, I mean. It ain't normal to do that stuff," he shrugged, though the fact he hadn't once spoken out against it was pretty big evidence that he didn't mind. In fact, he was more into it than he really led on, which was why he failed to reject the flirtatious advances, choosing to reciprocate them by pulling the demon up closer against him.

"I sometimes forget you're a prince, y'know. Princes don't act like this. I thought they were all boring and vanilla; it's just my luck that I'd get one who was perfect, hm?"

"Nothing about us is normal, don't be silly," he replied easily with a snort as he absently left kisses along Elijah's chest, his hands absently feeling the other's back eagerly. Rolling his eyes at the 'prince' comment, he moved his kisses to instead rest his lips on Elijah's throat.

"Oh, a prince is supposed to be vanilla and boring? I think I'm pretty tame," he whispered deviously, unable to hold back his smile. "If you'd prefer I act all innocent and proper, I can... I just know that your moans are proof I'm doing something right."

The sexual air to the conversation wasn't lost on Elijah (he'd be an idiot not to notice it at this point) and he would have responded by initiating a kiss and see where it led. Before he even had a chance to make a move, however, he seemed to completely freeze, the oddness of which was resolved by the appearance of a demon; one who clearly didn't care about showing her real form. After all, when she could simply freeze humans and prevent them from even knowing she was there, why bother going through the hassle of disguising her true form? It was unnecessary and, really, she lacked the energy to execute it.

"I don't mean to interrupt your intimate moment, Apollyn, but I think we have a lot to discuss. We certainly need to talk," the woman -commonly referred to in Hell as Mai- began as she casually took a seat her lips twisting in dissatisfaction at the human surroundings. She wasn't royalty, but she was a prevalent figure in and around Apollo's father, having been at his side since the early days of the kingdom's birth. She was primarily an adviser (and a trusted one at that) and, if she could be bothered, occasionally the executioner. Her loyalty to his father was strong... but she cared too much about Apollo to sit back and let him get into trouble if she could prevent it, however mad it would make Lucifer if he found out.

"Your father's not happy with you; doesn't like the fact you're dating. You are aware he keeps tabs on you, aren't you? Has demons check up on you, make sure you're alright. He's not overly fond of the fact you've entered into a relationship when he plans on having you married when you return," she murmured, one of her four arms moving to play with her hair. "...Look, get some clothes on. I'd like some wine, I assume you have that here? Humans can't be that far behind us. I'd like to catch up with you, of course. You know I've missed you. Nobody else down there is willing to put up with me like you, sweetheart."

To be cockblocked by what he saw as his aunt made him groan bitterly, childishly folding his arms when noticing the familiar frozen sight of his boyfriend. With pink cheeks, the prince reluctantly climbed from the bath to wrap his robe around him neatly. He was a demon, sure, but he was still bashful towards the people he saw as family and Mai was one of them.

"I knew he was watching," Apollo murmured with a huff as he headed to the kitchen, leaving Elijah to stay in the tub. Slipping into his slippers, he moved to grab his personal favorite bottle of wine to obediently pour them both a glass. He could be a needy brat but his father had taught him how to be a proper host, especially towards important people.

"I love him, Mai. He's... annoying and frustrating and... and difficult but there's something about him," Apollo praised, his doe eyes locked on the bathroom hallway with a bashful blush and smile. "I'm sure my father isn't a fan - he isn't a fan of ANYTHING I've done here, I imagine. Granted, I'm going to admit that I'm doing quite well in gaining a following," he bragged as he moved to sit up on the kitchen counter, his legs swinging. "I enjoy it here. Granted, it's nothing like home but it's much more quiet."