Worship

"We didn't kill her; I did. I didn't see you bludgeoning her head in with a hammer, Apollo. You were sat in your dorm painting your nails and relaxin' with some overpriced wine," he reminded, his frown growing at both the mention of Cameron and then at the mention of the other's father. He wouldn't say outright how he felt, but if he was honest, he'd much rather stick hot pins into his eyes than come face to face with the man. It was somewhat comforting to know that he'd meet him in his human form, in a human setting where he couldn't do anything too outrageous or terrifying, but he'd still know who the man was, regardless of how normal he looked.

"I don't want to take a bath with you, I'm gonna crash at Mary's place. I think she might need me tonight when she realises Agnes isn't there. I wanna act like it's a surprise so she doesn't get suspicious or anything, I dunno. Better to be safe than sorry. Besides, I feel bad. She's my sister and I haven't spent much time with her," he continued as he quietly inched himself away, unable to pretend that he was comfortable with it. "Don't, alright? Not right now, I'm not in the mood. I'm pissed off and I don't wanna take it out on you."

"Why are you so pissed off? What, because I don't want to kill Cameron right now? Jeez, Elijah, don't be such a buzzkill," he huffed, though this time it wasn't out of teasing. Getting to his feet, he stretched his arms and smiled when Mary and her friends entered the stage. "I'm going to the bathroom then I'm going to get something more to drink," he explained quietly, hiding his own simmering anger well.

Despite being the songwriter for the band, Mary didn't really stand out nor intended to. Despite her out-there aesthetic and fashion, she was nothing compared to her one friend and singer who had a half shaved head with vibrant pink hair, or the bassist who was covered nearly head to toe in piercings. Comparatively, she was nothing surprising as she tested her drums and made sure they were tight enough

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Everything going alright? I mean, this place is really cool, Mary. I'm sure you'll do great," smiled Cameron as he hesitated near the front of the stage, looking up at the other as she worked on her drums. He wasn't so focused on her that he failed to notice the tension simmering between Apollo and Elijah, but mentioning them would only be a detriment to Mary, he imagined. She needed to focus on the performance, not be reminded that her brother was involved in a cult with Apollo.

"Anything I can do to help? Do you want a drink or something?" He offered quietly, feeling more than inadequate as he stood by doing very little. "...I, uh... feel kinda useless right now, so if there's anything I can do, name it. I'm not into the whole club thing, so this is... giving me something to do would help because this is overwhelming for me, so..."

"You don't have to stay if you're not comfortable, Cameron," Mary reassured with a soft smile as she twisted the drum to tighten it. "It means enough to me that you showed up at all, you don't need to force yourself to stay. Granted, not to be selfish but it would make me a little less comfortable knowing you're in the crowd," she admitted.

"To be honest, this freaks me out too," she whispered, her eyes darting to the crowd. She enjoyed making music and hearing people like it but her? She enjoyed being behind the scene. No one really recognized the drummer and she was completely content in that as long as people knew she was the one who wrote the song. "I usually just keep my eyes on my drums but maybe I can focus on you instead?"

"No! No, I want to stay, especially if it helps you in any way. I want to see you... rock out or whatever it is you say, I don't know the lingo," he awkwardly laughed, thankful for the dimness in the club. It helped disguise the blush that arrived at Mary's words, and while he wasn't ashamed to blush, he also didn't want her drawing attention to it because he'd have to admit that he really liked her, and the possibility that it was too soon to admit that, and get rejected for it, scared him.

"...Are you both, like, dating now? Is that what I'm gonna have to put up with?" Elijah grunted, making his way over the moment he spotted the two getting close. It wasn't that he was trying to put a wedge between them -if Mary was happy, so was he- but he also didn't want them getting too close until he'd had a chance to interrogate Cameron over his intentions. It was what he thought a big brother ought to do, especially when he and Mary had no other family members to rely on. "Look, I think Apollo's gonna leave, but that's not a problem for you, is it? This ain't his scene and... we're kinda bickering, so if he wants to fuck off, he can. I was... kinda hoping I could come crash at your place tonight? I'd rather not go back to the dorms, so..."

"'Rock out'? What are you, 60?" She replied with a teasing snort and bashful laugh. "There's no lingo, relax. You can just hang out at one of the booths if you want, I know you'll be supporting me. Like I said, you just being here is good enough support," she reassured before giving Cameron's hand a light squeeze. She dropped it once seeing Elijah though, blushing deeper in embarrassment.

"Apollo's leaving? Figures. I knew he wouldn't want to stay, he doesn't really seem to like me much, but that could just be me overthinking it," she admitted, her frown falling as she watched Apollo bitterly grab his bag and leave. Little did she know what exactly Apollo intended to do in the next few hours to let out his anger and instead locked into the suggestion of sleeping over. "Oh, ah, sure! It's not nearly as nice as your dorm and it's a bit cramped but I'm sure you could sleep on the couch or on the floor in me and Agnes' room if you like? We just got a proper mattress and frame so we don't really have a need for our sleeping bags anymore. Granted, her and I plan on possibly going camping but that's for another time," she explained. "You sure Apollo won't get mad at me, or you for that matter?"

"Have you met Apollo? Course he's going to be furious; at me more than you, relax. I can handle it, Mary. He's... a pain in the ass but he'll come around. I know how to handle him; I'd just rather not do it tonight. It's better to leave him alone to calm down," he shrugged, quietly watching the demon leave with a faint frown. He wasn't naive and he knew, just from the expression on his face, that Apollo wasn't going to release his anger in a normal way. He felt guilty, of course he did, but he didn't feel bad enough to storm after him.

"Hey, I can crash on the couch; I've slept in worse places. Had a few nights sleeping on a park bench when I first came to London, that was rough, so a couch will be great," he nodded as he took in the drum set, his smile widening. He would never get into some speech about how proud he was, especially not in public when others could overhear, but he wouldn't deny that he felt the way he did. Given their life growing up, seeing that his sister had created all of this for herself was a relief and, admittedly, he couldn't be prouder. "You'll do great. It's Apollo's loss if he didn't wanna stick around. It's just not his scene, I guess. It's fucking boring of him, but he's more at home in some fancy bar with wines that cost more than people's rent, that's just what he likes."

"Don't get cheesy, you'll make me cry! Listen, I know I'll do fine, especially knowing you two are here," she urged before offering a chaste kiss to her brother's forehead. Watching as the other members of her band seemed to finish up getting ready, she lightly shooed the two away with a nervous giggle under her breath, resting back on her stool.

Her set went wonderfully. She definitely had some raw talent when it came to playing the drums and while she wasn't a huge fan of attention, she did have a solid drum solo during one of their songs. There would always be critiques and she tried not to let them get to her but tonight went surprisingly well - no bois could be heard from anyone at the end of their set, miraculously. Granted, it was a small venue with some small local fans and people who had heard of them so it wasn't a filled stadium but just the amount they had made her cheeks red in happiness.

Mary could have stepped foot on stage and been awful, and Elijah would have persisted that she was amazing and hurt anyone that dared to differ. Thankfully, he didn't need to be on protective older brother mode because, from what he saw, everyone seemed to enjoy the performance - though nobody liked it more than he did. He didn't think Mary was talentless, far from it, but even he was surprised to see just how good she was. He would happily boast about the superstar she was bound to become (because he inevitably had that much faith in her) but he didn't really have anyone to boast to at the moment; not when he and Apollo were arguing.

"You were insane," he beamed once managing to catch up to her, reluctantly pulling Cameron along with him through the crowd. "Like, really good, Mary. Really fucking great, actually. Obviously you owe all of this to me; I'm the one that got you into this music, so I take credit for all this~"

"You think I did well?" She quickly replied as she carefully disassembled her drum set now that a few people had began to leave. Her eyes sparkled at her brother's approval. If there was anyone she wanted it from it would be him, her cheeks flushed in excitement. Letting out a bashful laugh, she slipped her drumsticks behind her ear as she broke down everything skillfully. Once breaking down and disconnecting the first drum, she moved to pull Elijah into a hug, her eyes brimming with tears.

It wasn't until that moment that she realized how long she hadn't seen her brother. She lost him long before she even considered going into music and here she was, getting good reviews while her CDs were getting sold. Sniffling, she wiped the tears away quickly to stop ruining her makeup.

"I'm glad you came - both of you. It... means so much, seriously. The best part is I get some free drinks now that we finished," she teased with a smile.

"Now who's getting cheesy, huh? Let's just grab some drinks and relax, I could do with a beer or two," he nodded quickly, placing an affectionate kiss on her forehead, which was as far as he was prepared to go to show how much he cared for her whilst Cameron was around. He didn't need him babbling to the group back on campus that Elijah wasn't as tough as he made out to be - the only thing he really had was his reputation and he wasn't going to let anyone ruin that for him.

It didn't mean he wasn't getting emotional, however, especially considering how much he knew he would miss everything when he left. He didn't want to eave, not now he was back in Mary's life, but Apollo wasn't prepared to stay. As much as he loved him, he would always put Mary first - she had no family without him, after all, whilst Apollo would have an entire kingdom at his beck and call. Figuring out a way to tell him that he wasn't going to leave was a headache for another day. Right now, he just wanted to have a few drinks with his sister and put his boyfriend to the back of his mind.

"So are you two dating now? 'Cause the guy's into you, Mary. And hey, he annoys me a lot, but... I guess he's not the worst," he murmured in reference to Cameron, who had headed to fetch the drinks for them. "I mean, I... can't tell you who to date, can I? If you like him, then sure, I'm alright with that. He's not as bad as I make him out to be, I s'pose."

"W-Well, I wouldn't say we're dating. I mean, I want to go on a few more dates first, right? Though I do think he's lovely," she admitted, her eyes following Cameron with a smile. "Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Like, wait until you've gotten to know the person. Agnes said I need to be careful when it comes to love," Mary commented proudly before taking a seat.

"I'm sure I will never have the relationship you and Apollo have but it would be nice. The way you look at him and vice versa is sweet, I want that."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"You really don't want what we have, don't say that. I mean, I love him. I... I really love him, Mary, but it's not a healthy relationship. There's stuff he does that... I don't like but I have to... Look, I'd die for him, but it's not really a relationship I want you to follow and think is good, okay? It's not... perfect," he awkwardly smiled as he rested his arms out along the booth he had taken a seat in, feeling instantly guilty for speaking about his relationship like this. He liked to believe it was perfect, but how could it be when he also knew the sort of stuff he and Apollo got up to? None of that was healthy, and he really didn't want to envision his younger sister involving herself in any of that.

"Besides, Apollo's temperamental and annoying and, god, he doesn't give people a chance. He doesn't like many people, Mary. Don't take it to hear,t 'kay? And hey, if he doesn't like you, then I'm not gonna be with him for that long 'cause I'm always gonna choose you over him, any day of the week. You're the only family I have that I actually like, so... the alcohol's making me soppy, just ignore all that, I don't need people realising I'm soft and emotional, alright?"

"If he's that troublesome, why stay with him?" She countered obliviously, her brow furrowing in confusion. She was no expert on love, only knowing from what she read and saw on television. The concept of someone being in a happy relationship despite all of the trouble it seemed to cause was beyond confusing for her, as was evident by her expression.

"Look, I don't want you to be unhappy. Do what makes you feel the best, yeah? If that means leaving to ride off into the sunset without me, I won't take it too terribly. Just warn me before you do, okay?" She teased, desperate to lighten the mood. "I heard Apollo mention a wedding, right? I'm allowed to come, yeah?"

"I mean-- sure. Course you can come. Definitely," he nodded with a tired smile, too exhausted from the relationship drama to explain that she might not be able to. Like hell was he going to invite his sister if Apollo's father made an appearance. He wanted to protect her from all of that stuff, to shield her away from potentially getting hurt. If Apollo's father did turn up, the likelihood of her being hurt was high, and he was ultimately going to protect her from that.

"Look, I'm exaggerating. We'll be alright. It's not that big of a deal anyway. I'll head back to his dorm tonight, make up with him. I'm not gonna let this drag on, so... hey, Cameron can head back with you, to make sure you get home alright. I should just go back to Apollo, try and make things up to him."

"No need for a ritual this week! We shall reconvene next week! ;3" came a text in the group chat that most older members of his cult were a part of. The other members could chat amongst one another in the chat as long as they were alright Apollo could see but what really mattered was the rare times Apollo actually sent a message. Once hearing the ding, Mary peeked her eyes over.

"You sure you can't sleep over? That would be lovely," she urged with a smile, though didn't want to press too much. "If not tonight then soon, yeah? I want to have breakfast like old times. I mean, I had to learn to cook and I'll never be as good as you were but I'd like to at least prove to you that I've improved a tad."

If it wasn't for the text that came through, Elijah would have been easily convinced to spend the night at his sister's place and enjoy a good breakfast in the morning like they used to. However, seeing that Apollo had sent out a text caught him off guard and, the more he read over the words, the paler he got. A ritual had never really been called off before, as much as Elijah often wanted them to. He had argued against the point of them, only to be told that Apollo needed to do them and they were vitally important - so the fact one had been called off was deeply troubling.

"No, uh-- Apollo needs my help with something tonight, apparently-- but I can definitely pop around in the morning to have breakfast? If you give me the address, I can be around and we can do that, definitely," he nodded once breaking his attention from his phone. He felt bad about making a hurried exit, but for all he knew, Apollo could have done something bad and he wanted to make sure that he was alright and that the situation had been properly covered up. So, with a quick kiss to his sister's forehead and a rushed apology for having to leave, he took his leave, arriving back at the university dorms twenty minutes later.

"...Don't go yelling at me, I'm really not in the mood to carry on arguing with you, Apollo. I came because your text is fucking weird and concerning and--what did you do, huh? You've clearly done something," he muttered sharply as he tentatively entered the dark dorm room, locking the door behind him and reaching across the wall for the lamp switch. "Did you hurt someone?"

"I'm not going to argue with you either," Apollo replied calmly as he neatly folded clothes on the couch, humming quietly along to the soft jazz coming from his speaker in the kitchen. His expression was blank, but it was better than him being openly angry, right? Once the lights had turned on, though, it was proof that something happened on account of the clothes he was folding were stained red. He himself had changed into his favorite robe indtead, casual and relaxed.

"Did you have fun? He asked from the couch, looking up briefly. "I wasn't expecting you to come home, I was expecting you to spend the night with your sister. I don't understand why you look so upset, Elijah? Isn't this what you wanted?"

"...I didn't want you to murder an innocent person - or people, I don't know how mad you were. It's disgusting. It's borderline psychopathic," he snapped, the sight of the blood making him queasy. He had been in plenty of fights that caused others to bleed, so the sight of blood wasn't something he was usually queasy around. That said, he never got in a fight that had killed a person. Knowing that the blood was probably from someone who was now dead was what made him feel uneasy. Hell, he had to force back the urge to faint every time he attended the rituals. He would pretend that he was wholly behind it, that he was perfectly okay, but deep down, he wanted nothing more than to have a boyfriend who didn't do any of this.

That wasn't to say he wanted to leave Apollo. He loved him so much that he was willing to put up with everything he did, however disgusted he was by it all.

"Are they dead? I assume you killed someone. Did you cover it up well enough? Because I... I could do without the police harassing us," he grimaced as he wandered to fetch himself wine from the kitchen, taking the time to turn off the jazz music. It was another thing he hated; detested, really. He usually put up with it too, but right now, he could do without the saxophone noises that made him want to bash his head against the wall. "This isn't what I wanted, that's absurd and you know it. You're mad at me for what, exactly? For wanting to be with my goddamn sister, is that really the reason you're pissed at me? Or is it the fact I don't want your father at the wedding - 'cause I don't. I don't want that man anywhere near me, to be honest-- or near my sister for that matter. I'm just being honest, Apollo."

"I want my father at our wedding, yes," he replied simply, pausing his folding briefly before moving to the kitchen with the clothes in hand. Setting them in the sink, he gave a quick snap only for the clothes to be set ablaze and quickly into ash. Running the water, he let the ashes wash down the drain casually. Watching it swirl down, he moved away from the sink to stretch.

"Your sister is your only family, yes? Well, my father is my only family. I don't know what you think he'll do but it's clear you think he'll do something bad. He may be the ruler of Hell but my father would never even think to hurt your sister if he knew I enjoy her presence. If I'm to be honest, I'm not entirely fond of her personality but I don't hate your sister, Elijah. I would never hurt her unless she did something to compromise our situation and the fact that you don't trust me is incredibly disheartening," he explained before returning to the couch, frowning now that his music was turned off.

"As for the blood, of course I killed someone. See it as a sacrifice. I changed my form - like hell would I let myself be known. I just copied the appearance of some random passerby I saw. Tragically, it meant I had to burn my Gucci shirt."