Worship

"You spend two nights a week with those creeps, Apollo, so they can bow down to you and stroke your ego. So they can fucking kill someone for you. How about you stop doing that and we can have a date night instead? You won't do that, though, and I know you won't, so 'scuse me if I think your tears are bullshit. I'm allowed to go out with my own sister, I won't feel bad about it," he muttered from the corner of the room, turning around to get changed. He wouldn't care about dressing in front of him, but he didn't really want to look at Apollo if he could help it, knowing that his guard would only break down and the emotional appearance would get to him.

It did eventually, of course, the human approaching the couch after throwing on his clothes, hesitating for a brief second before deciding to flop down beside him in an effort to get over the tension.

"Hey, I was being childish, I get it. I just... you made me mad and I didn't want to argue. I get you've always got what you wanted, Apollo, but... fuck, you can't be selfish all the time. She's my sister. I want you to like her; you need to be... reasonable," he sighed, leaning in to rest his head close to the demon's, pouting playfully. "Can you cheer up? How about you go and get yourself into some cute outfit and we can head out to dinner? She wants to get to know you, dude. This is... it's important to me. I promise we can come back and do whatever you want, yeah?"

"No, no, I don't want to be such an inconvenience to you," he grumbled, burying his face in his knees as he scrolled through his Twitter as to avoid looking over at the other. Unfortunately for him, much like in Elijah's case, he couldn't keep it up for long and reluctantly looked over to his boyfriend. Sinking further back into the couch, he chose to remain quiet for a moment.

"I understand that this is important, so...if you really want me to come, I will. You'll owe me, though, hm?" He murmured after a moment of contemplation, though he only really accepted at the offer of being able to get dressed up. He knew how to look cute, naturally, and he wasn't afraid to express that fact. Pushing off the bed, he groaned when his joints clicked quietly.

"...It's a chance to show off at some fancy restaurant, I knew you weren't going to resist. You fucking love the spotlight-- I do too, I guess. Only because I'm next to you, most people wouldn't look at me otherwise," he drawled, his smirk widening at the unsubtle effort to fish for a compliment. He wasn't that self-conscious nowadays, not since dating Apollo anyway, so admitting he thought he was handsome wasn't that big of a deal for him... even though he'd much rather hear his boyfriend gush about it.

"We only have twenty minutes until we have to meet my sister and her friend, so try to hurry up, yeah? Stick on some clothes, do your hair and then we can go," he yawned, reaching for the hairspray to do his own hair, grimacing to himself once remembering his sister's critique. He assumed it was playful and not that serious, but it didn't stop him examining his current hair colour nonetheless.

"...This colour's pretty old now, huh?" He mumbled as he pulled at it, his lips pulled to the side as he examined the mint green colour. "I dunno, Mary sort of said she preferred my natural colour. I'm overthinking it, I guess."

"No, I think it's cute. We match, What with the pastel and all that. We're like a breath of spring when we walk into a room," he countered easily as he hurried to his bedroom, rummaging through his clothes to slip into black high waisted shorts, a black button up and a matching black cardigan. He had seen what Mary was wearing immediately and he knew how to slip into styles. He assumed her friend would be the same and he didn't want to look too out of place. Tugging on his favorite wide-brim hat and some simple black shoes, he was ready for a cute night out.

"I'd suggest you wear some black, fit in with your sister's aesthetic," he offered, though knew Elijah didn't always follow his fashion advice. Nonetheless did he slip his things into a black purse and impatiently waited, tapping his foot.

"Or I could wear that fancy green bomber jacket you got for me? I think I want to wear that. You don't need to wear black just 'cos she's into it, Apollo - though it does suit you, not gonna lie," he grinned over his shoulder, adjusting his hair as best he could. He didn't like to spend too much time fussing over it; not when he constantly teased Apollo for taking so much time over his hair. It was only hypocritical to criticise him and then spend too much time on his own.

"I'm sorry-- for being dramatic and shit and ignoring you. I don't like bickering with 'ya. Everyone in the library was gossiping when they saw I was alone, so I'm sure people think we've broken up," he murmured as he threw on his jacket, reaching expectantly for his boyfriend's hand. "Which is dumb, obviously. We aren't breaking up-- I mean, the only way that's gonna happen is if your Dad hates me and, like, breaks me in half or whatever."

"Which he wouldn't do," he insisted quickly in response as he snatched the keys, his eyes scanning his boyfriend in approval. Granted, everything looked good on Elijah, it was a matter of refining the other. Taking the human in his hand, he entangled their fingers affectionately before heading out.

"It's fine, couples fight every now and then. I'd prefer not to do it again, though." He murmured, stretching his arms."I do hope you realize that the sacrifices are my job. My father demands I build my own following. True... it definitely helps my ego, but that's not related."

"I know it's your job, I just... said it to annoy you. If it really bothered me, I wouldn't take part, Apollo. I wouldn't stand beside you in some fucking hooded robe, hm? I get it, it's your job and I told you, I support it," he promised, flinching at the reminder of his earlier words. He still knew deep down that his boyfriend probably got something more out of the sacrifices; that they probably stroked his ego a lot, but he still felt bad about emphasising it, as though none of it was purely occupational for him.

"...Forgive me, hm? I said I'm sorry," he huffed, moving to wrap an arm around his waist to pull him in close. He didn't want to spend the whole dinner flirting with Apollo, which he ordinarily would do, but he wasn't going to pretend he didn't find him incredibly attractive at the moment, especially when he had spent hours away from him and wanted nothing more than to make up for the lost time. "...We can crack open some champagne when we get back from the dinner, have a nice bath and see where things lead. That sound good? You can do what you want to me, Apollo~"

Almost immediately did Apollo grin when he felt Elijah's hands wrap around his waist, replying with pressing close as well before leaning up for a quick kiss on the cheek. Had he fully forgiven the other? Of course not. In fact, he was still relatively mad. He was willing to ignore that, only this once. Rolling his eyes, he did move a bit away upon seeing Mary anxiously scanning her texts beside her friend.

"Sorry about taking a bit longer, Elijah and I had to get ready," Apollo explained with his typical charming smile. "I mean, if I'm going to take us all to a five-star restaurant, I don't want to just walk in looking like trash. Speaking of which, I like your outfit, Mary. I always appreciated counter-culture, very nu-goth," he drawled. It was a genuine attempt at a compliment despite his snarky tune.

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Of course she looks great, she's always been fashionable. Even when our Mum made her wear these godawful dresses, she knew how to work it out. I had to wear this awful blazer-- imagine me in a fucking blazer. It was dire," the man groaned, his smile widening at the interaction between the two people he loved most in the world. He wasn't naive to the snarky tone, of course, but the effort was still being made and he could appreciate that, if nothing else.

"You look great, Mary. Apollo wanted to come along so ask him whatever you want, yeah? Get to know him. He's on best behaviour tonight," he promised as he headed across to where his car was parked; a car that he had recently been gifted by his boyfriend for no real reason other than he wanted to treat him. It did make him feel bad that he couldn't splurge out on something fancy and expensive for Apollo in return, and he probably never could afford to; not when his boyfriend was a literal Prince who would perhaps always be more powerful and wealthy than he was. He didn't bother to argue about it, though, knowing that Apollo was hardly going to stop, so bickering about it was useless.

Besides, he wasn't going to complain about a new Range Rover, no matter how guilty he felt about it.

"We've travelled loads, but you haven't been to where I'm from, have you? I'll need to take you, Apollo. It's not London, but it's pretty great. I'd take you to see where I was brought up, but I don't wanna risk seeing my folks."

"Listen, Manchester isn't that small," countered Mary's friend, Agnes, as she adjusted her purse absently, the woman trailing beside Mary. Adjusting her purse, she offered a smile to the group and a nudge to Mary, wiggling her brows teasingly.

"Yes, well. If I'm to be honest, I think our next trip will be to Australia," replied Apollo, waving the three off dismissively. "I've always wanted to go scuba diving there, see all of the wild animals. There's something fascinating about innocent creatures that can so easily kill you. The blue-ringed octopus is so beautiful but so dangerous, hm?" He noted, a smile in excitement. "Oh, that will be lovely! Perhaps you'd like to come, Mary? While I'd prefer it be just your brother and I but I know you make him happy so I might as well invite you too."

1546394928824.jpg

The mention of deceptive appearances made Elijah smile, naturally. He was dating someone who was almost unarguably adored amongst the college, yet could kill them all without breaking a sweat. He found it utterly terrifying, albeit in a way that he was attracted to. It was difficult not to find amusement in his words and make his obvious delight... well, obvious. Clearly, he was failing, but he could pretend that his joy was from the idea of a vacation, rather than the reminder of who -and what- Apollo was.

"Where did we jet off to last time - Switzerland, wasn't it? We went skiing, had a blast. Somewhere hot would be appropriate this time, I could do with a tan," he sighed happily, climbing into his new car and gesturing the others to follow suit, turning around to examine his sister and her friend. "It's real nice to meet you, Agnes. My sister's only said real good stuff about 'ya. Tonight's gonna be great, ain't it, Apollo?"

"No need to brag, Elijah. I get it, your boyfriend is swimming in wealth," huffed Mary, keeping her tone playful despite her genuine jealousy, her and Agnes meeting eyes. They both struggled financially, unlike the two. They were fine for the most part, had nice things, but that didn't mean they didn't live paycheck to paycheck occasionally. Agnes, in response, rolled her eyes as she eased back in the seat to take in the lovely interior.

"We should go to Amsterdam next weekend," Apollo absently suggested as he neatly buckled up. He didn't have to, a simple car crash probably only leading to a few scratches rather than death. There was something pleasant about it, though, and he offered a smile to Elijah from his seat.

"I'm not bragging, I'd never brag. I'm just telling you about my life; about the things I've done. Isn't that what you wanted to know?" He countered as he buckled his own seatbelt, sharing the smile with Apollo. He would never deliberately show off to make his sister envious... but he also did enjoy the feeling of boasting about his life and everything he had shared with his boyfriend. Sure, he was well aware that he had no real right to boast about a life he hadn't contributed to making money to fund, but anytime he brought up how guilty he felt, Apollo would always ensure that they were a team.

"Besides, Apollo offered you to come, Mary. Don't tell me you wouldn't like to go with us? Apollo has his own plane; it'd be a great experience," he murmured, flicking the radio on for some background noise. "Think about it, hm?"

"I dunno, I've just started my job a little while ago and I doubt they'd let me just fly off to Australia," Mary countered as she fiddled with her purse. She didn't know what to expect from her brother when they met again but it wasn't this air of privilege. They came from humble beginnings after all, she thought he would at least feel the same.

"It's fine, Mary. I could try and cover your shifts if you do decide. The money is going to the same place anyway, so... you deserve a vacation," Agnes whispered, a small frown on her lips. She leaned in close, whispering, "These guys like to flex, huh?"

Despite the low whisper, Elijah's eyebrow lifted at overhearing it. He knew he could be boastful, and while he could probably accept that from his sister -with some argument against it-, he really wasn't prepared to accept the judgement from someone who barely knew him. Sure, he knew he was probably flexing a little, but it didn't mean the judgement wouldn't anger him - especially when he already suffered with anger problems and could be angered over the simplest thing.

"...Do you maybe wanna shut your mouth or something? Or at least mutter about us quieter; do a better job at talking about us behind our backs, yeah? Just a tip," he muttered, forcing himself to calm down as he reached to start the car. "Apollo's fucking worked hard, he can show off about it if he wants."

"Oh, has he?" Countered Agnes once realizing Mary had grown quiet. She was the complete opposite to her friend, never being one to 'let things go'. She was catering, both mentally and physically, hence why she was Mary's best friend - whenever Mary was being manipulated or overwhelmed, Agnes would step in. "Doing what? Are you telling me that your boyfriend has bought his own jet? He hasn't done shit, it's probably all of his daddy's money-"

"Can we please stop yelling?" Mary meekly suggested, her eyes locking on the window as they began to drive. It only made her tense, grabbing her purse tighter. Memories of her family fighting hit her, causing her eyes to grow teary. "Let's hust... stop talking for a little while."

"I agree," decided Apollo, moving to turn the music up louder as he kept his face forward, his expression flat.

Falling quiet himself, he focused solely on driving, his only other movement being to rest a hand on his boyfriend's knee and give a supportive squeeze every now and then. He was doing it to be comforting, but he was also doing it for his own sanity, giving himself the reminder that Apollo was beside him, so getting angry really wasn't a help to anyone.

Fortunately, he seemed to calm down during the drive, enough to get out of the car with a smile on his face and head into the restaurant relatively happy. Without Apollo, that probably wouldn't have been possible, and he made his appreciation known by offering a few kisses and shifting up closer to him at the table.

"...Order what you both want, yeah? I, uh... want tonight to go well for us all, it's important and... look, I just want 'ya to treat yourself, Mary. Enjoy tonight; this is pretty major for me, having you back in my life. I just... want to make you happy, is all. I couldn't give you anything when we were younger, and now I can, so... so let me."

It wasn't until Mary was inside the restaurant did she speak, gasping at just how amazing it was. The closest thing to a five star restaurant she had been in was a cute little cafe to buy a panino. She immediately felt underdressed, offering a small smile to the waiter as her glass was filled with water.

"This is... amazing," she whispered. "Elijah, please don't feel obligated to do this often. That being said, I... do want to try some filet mignon, always wanted to," she noted before sipping the water, her eyes avoiding Apollo's as the demon smiled to the waiter charmingly.

"Yes, get whatever you'd like. Anything for the kin of Elijah," Apollo replied dismissively while holding Elijah's hand under the table, giving it a squeeze.

It had taken Elijah a long time to settle into scenes like this, especially when he felt he was being judged by the usual customers at these restaurants for the way he chose to represent himself, notably through his fascination with tattoos. He eventually decided not to worry about it and to not let it ruin the experience, and like hell was he going to allow it to ruin Mary's, smiling across at her happily.

"You're so generous, you know? Honestly, you've got a heart of gold," he cooed to Apollo, his arm securely wrapped back around his waist. Showing his affection for him was also something he had once worried about after years of being told his sexuality was disgusting, but again, he learned to get over it. If he wanted to be close to the person he loved, he was going to do that, regardless of the potential to be judged for it. "...Just get through this, Apollo," he suggested into his ear, disguising his whispers through a kiss. "I know you'd rather we be alone, but get through it with a smile and I'll make it up to 'ya."

"I am, aren't I?" Apollo purred in response, unable to hide his giggle from the affection. Happily accepting the kiss, he moved only to order his usual merlot he had with every meal, his eyes now locking on Mary, who grew red from anxiety once given the stand.

"She'll have water," urged Agnes without looking up from the menu. She received a thankful look from Mary, knowing that Elijah's sister not only wasn't very good at ordering but also horrible at handling her alcohol. "I'll have a coke."