Worship

"She insulted my fashion sense, Apollyon, what part of that don't you seem to understand? My fashion is the only thing I'm remotely interested in and that little bitch insulted it. I'm furious. I... It doesn't matter if she's human, it hurt me and she refused to apologise," she babbled, her hand pressed dramatically against her chest. Admittedly, a small part of her hoped to meet the girl again and show off the outfit she had chosen to wear for the celebratory party, having squeezed herself into a revealing dress. Her mother wasn't exactly pleased with it, but she didn't wear anything to please her; she wanted attention from potential lovers, and so far, that had worked a treat.

"...Yes, well, I can leave you two alone, I had no idea this was still going on. But fine, my lips are sealed," she promised with a reluctant smile, playing with a ruby ring on one of her fingers awkwardly. "I just-- have to get him home soon, Apollyon. Your mother is rather eager to introduce you to some horrid girl, I'm not entirely sure it's to do with marriage. I liked to hope I'd be top of that list, but... just hurry up, Apollyon. I can distract your mother but only for so long, you know what she's like."

"Mai is smart enough to know that my eyes don't drift towards women. If she isn't, then that's her fault," he replied simply, his hand eagerly wrapping around Elijah's hip, his patience running thin. Waving the other off dismissively, he let out an annoyed sigh. "See? This is why I don't want to be King. Everyone wants me to be something I'm not. Darius can go on about how he should be King but I know that he would crack under pressure. He's horrible at having any responsibilities, nor does he care enough to give things up," he explained before getting to his feet, urging Elijah to do the same.

"Let's go, I want to be with you just for a little while, alone. I don't imagine you want to spend the whole day with me at this party, do you? If I can have just two hours for just you and me, it would be better than nothing, right?" He whispered, pressing close.

Reactions: potassiumboron
"...I can spare a few hours, sure. I'm in no hurry to get home, Apollo, trust me," promised the human as he eagerly reciprocated the affection, his hands having drifted down to hold the other's waist, though his eyes did wander over to the other two demons in a mixture of annoyance and amusement. On one hand, being interrupted by Apollo's drunk brother and the high-maintenance, prissy friend wasn't ideal, but on the other, it broke the nervousness he had been feeling. He didn't even know who Kayla was, other than the girl that brought him down here, but her apologetic and simultaneously flustered presence did make him somewhat more relaxed than he had been.

"You'll do fine as King, don't be daft. It's a lot of pressure, sure, but it's made for you; you'll do fine. Would I prefer you to leave all this and settle down with me on Earth? Sure, but... you'll be great, Apollo. And we'll just have to make the most of tonight in that case; make it something to remember if this is the last time we see another, yeah?"

"You do realize that you could stay here, right?" He insisted quietly once pulled up the large staircase, that of which seemed to be vacant of any other demons since all of the important ones were chatting or dancing in the ballroom. He wasted no time to bring Elijah to his bedroom, that of which was surprisingly similar to his old dorm. He had really enjoyed human fashion and if it meant decorating his bedroom with the same simple and classy aesthetic. The main differences, though, were the giant closet that seemed to wrap around the walls of his enormous bedroom, a King-sized bed, and the small cat-like creature peacefully resting in the center, only to bitterly hop off and instead climb up the large cat tree that reached the ceiling to look out the window, watching as the rivers of lava boiled.

"You could stay here, be with me. You could go and visit your sister, sure, but... b-but we both know that we are meant to be with one another," Apollyon insisted, switching to his human form with ease. He preferred it so to finally have a reason to use it was ideal. Leading to the bed, he took the other into a kiss, nearly climbing onto Elijah's lap. "I just want us to be a proper couple. Wouldn't it be lovely to be treated like royalty? I really don't want to give you up."

"...I know we're supposed to be together, I've always known that. I just-- I'm human, this world; it's not for me. It scares me, I... I'm uncomfortable with it all, Apollo. I can only cope when I'm with you and even then it's taking everything for me not to just... panic," he admitted, casting a glance out of the window at the flow of lava. The heat was already unbearable for him, to the point that he felt like he was going to just melt away at any given moment, so the sight of the rivers of lava only made him feel hotter. It wasn't somewhere he felt he could live every day for the rest of his life, however much he wished he could.

"It's not practical, is it? I'm not supposed to be here, I think that's evident," he pointed out as he awkwardly wiped his forehead and fanned his face with the other hand, taking a seat on the bed in an attempt to relax. "...I'll end up burning to death, Apollo, and that won't be fun. I... can visit, yeah? I''m sure I can manage to visit once a month or something."

With the flick of his wrists, the heavy velvet curtains covered the windows up much to his cat's annoyance. With another wave, the many candles that were placed around his room were lit. Biting his lip, he ran his hands through Elijah's hair as he took in the state the human was, only then realizing how just how uncomfortable the other was. Climbing off the other's lap, he dared to unbutton the other's shirt. He could always claim that it was to help the human cool down, even if he really wanted to see his ex's bare chest.

"Do you need water? Jeez - I guess I didn't expect this to happen," he admitted quietly, a frown growing. "Look, I-I... I want to come with you, back to Earth. I had fun there, I was happy. I-I don't want to be a fucking king, I... I don't know what I'm doing. My father didn't really explain anything s-so I'm just... lost," he whispered, panic clearly setting in as he sat on his shaky hands, his eyes avoiding Elijah's as his skin paled.

"Jeez, Apollo-- you can't just... you've just been crowned King. The time to tell your father you didn't want this was way bac when I fucking begged you to stay with me, remember? I-I... I practically pleaded with you and you gave me the whole spiel about having a 'duty'. You... I... I highly doubt you could get out of this, not now you've had a whole ceremony and-- and millions of people cheering you on. G-God, this-- why couldn't you have come to this realisation when I fucking begged you not to come back here?" He grimaced, the exasperation crystal clear in his voice as he pushed himself up from the bed, his head now in his hands in annoyance. He didn't want the reunion with the demon to be marred with anger and frustration, but what else could he feel other than immensely angry? He had spent the last day before their break-up pleading with Apollo to stay with him on Earth, so they could live the normal life he had always dreamt of. To hear that Apollo now wanted that, after an entire year apart and now he was confirmed as King, was astoundingly annoying.

"...Do you mean it? You... want to come back with me?" He finally questioned as he peered back over at the demon, a smile finally arriving as he grabbed his hands. "God, you don't do anything simply, do you? It's always a fucking mess-- but if you want to, we'll make it work. We were happiest there, we can be together properly, I... I won't fucking melt away up there, so... let's do it. Do what you want, not what your father wants. If you... want to be with me on Earth, let's do it. We can travel and... and I know that's not going to happen, is it? You're gonna stay here because your father wants that; I'll go back home and be miserable without you. It's stupid thinking this can go any differently, Apollo."

"I... I could fake my own death?" He weakly suggested, though even he knew that the idea would be easier said than done. It took quite a bit to kill a demon unless with a weapon specifically forged in Hell, not to mention the guards that would follow his every move after that day. Quickly hurrying to Elijah's side, he tried not to cringe at the mention of God as he took the human's hand in his, kissing the knuckle of one affectionately. He was done settling on being unhappy so like hell was he going to let another opportunity go.

"Would... you really return to Earth miserable? Even with this new boyfriend of yours?" He confirmed in a whisper, his cheek's color returning in full force, leading to a beetroot color. "... or are you just saying that because I'm King now? Oh, Eli, that's... so sweet, really. You already know I've been miserable here without you."

"I'm not gonna sit here and badmouth Benji, he's... really nice, Apollo. He's just not you. He's too nice, if anything. I... know I'd be miserable with him if I did go back, yeah. Definitely. So fake your death, that sounds... easy enough? I, uh... look, if you do that, we can go and be happy, Apollo. We can live as luxuriously as you like, I never really cared about you flaunting your wealth-- I just want us to be together, however you choose to live. Maybe Darius can help you with your faked death? I... I'm sure he'd be willing if it meant the throne was potentially up for grabs?" He suggested, trying to hold back his excitement. He was getting carried away, of course, but he couldn't help himself. He was potentially able to be on Earth with the person he loved and live the way he always wanted. There was a chance it wouldn't happen, but he failed to pretend he wasn't ecstatic about the potential for success.

"...We'll make it happen, somehow. I, uh-- I won't go back to living without you, it sucks."

"You might have to for a little while," he reminded, pursing his lips. "It will take time, I imagine. I... don't know how long, to be honest. Ideally this will take a week. At most, a little longer. I want to do this right, you know?"

Letting go of the other's hands, he instead wrung them nervously. It was all a lot of pressure that he couldn't handle very well - which was evidence by how irrationally he acted when just finding out he was dumped. To have two giant responsibilities on him now was more than a little stressful. He couldn't help but have his eyes brim with tears.

"I'll... miss some of it, definitely. That means I won't see my father anymore, or Mai. I'm bringing Dougal no matter what," he insisted, picking up the cat carefully. His large eye took in the two before purring in his owners arms. "You'll have to at least be okay with him. I can't leave him here. He's - He's just like a normal cat except he looks a little different, is all."

"You think I'd refuse to let you bring your pet along? Apollo, I couldn't care less; you could bring one of those slumbering hellhounds with you and I'd be fine with it. You're giving this up for me, I... I'm in no position to say no to anything. For the record, though, Dougal's pretty cute, I'm fine with it," he promised, observing the cat-like creature with a faint smile on his face. He had wanted a cat for him and Benji, only to hear that the human was allergic and had no desire to spend his life sneezing and tearing up anytime he came home to his apartment.

"If it takes some time, that's fine, I can wait. Just do this right and... and then we'll be able to be together. Mary won't like this but I'm sure she'd prefer it to me living down here, so she'll have to get used to the idea. I don't think she's really forgiven you for... the whole suggesting to kill her thing, but-- but it'll be fine, she'll come around when she realises how happy you make me. And Cameron too, he's always been a big supporter of you, he'll convince Mary to be alright with all of this."

"I don't regret the suggestion," he admitted quietly before letting out a sigh, utterly exhausted from the whole day, that of which wasn't even technically over. Setting down Dougal, he watched as the cat scurried off to the cat bed. The creature wasn't allowed out of his bedroom so at least 1/3 of the space was dedicated to him. It was an awfully big room so he wasn't really lacking too much ability to roam.

"Then it's settled," he murmured, his hands carefully resting on the other's cheeks. He moved for a kiss, desperate for more affection. "I can send you home, if you'd like. I... am not responsible for how you break up with that Benji fellow, yeah? A part of me feels guilty, he seems so... sweet. On the other hand, I'm meant to be with you."

"I'll figure something out, I can bullshit my way out of most things. I'll just say that I need to focus on my recovery or something and that a relationship isn't the right thing for me. He's stupidly sweet; he'll probably be fine with it," he shrugged as he tried to mask just how anxious he was. He liked Benji; he had loved him up until this point. He had spent months building a life with him and hadn't once thought a breakup was on the horizon. Breaking someone's heart who he genuinely cared about made him feel sick, particularly as that someone had never ever done anything to hurt him.

"...I think Darius is going to head back with me, it's probably best we go together. He's crashing with me at the moment, turned up on my doorstep. It's probably easier if we head back together. Agnes will only yell at me if she thinks I left him behind in that drunk state," he mumbled, his eyes rolling at the inevitability of being yelled at, regardless what he did. Someone would be pissed at him for disappearing like he did, and, all things considered, he'd rather be yelled at by someone he didn't like, like Agnes, than by someone he loved and cared about. "And that girl-- she said she'd take us back. You should go back to the party, so people don't question your absence."

"I need to talk to him," he replied, his frown only growing as he awkwardly adjusted his weight, his mind racing. "If I'm going to fake my own death, I need to make sure Darius at least considers the throne. He seems pretty content living on Earth a-and I doubt Agnes would want to stay down here if you don't."

Taking a step back, he reluctantly headed towards the door. He wanted to spend more time with Elijah, having preferred to spend the time they had making out, but alas. Instead it was all about responsibility. "I'll go find him, you stay here. He's probably shitfaced and making a fool of himself and by default, me."

As his brother predicted, Darius was shitfaced. He hadn't been home in a good two years, so the opportunity to have alcohol that actually had an effect on him was too tempting to pass up, and it really hadn't taken long for him to down as many glasses handed to him to try and feel the buzz he had sorely missed from it. However, he wasn't making a fool of himself, however difficult that might have been to believe. He received strange glances, but not because of any drunken antics; it was more the fact that those in the main hall, celebrating the coronation, struggled to believe that Lucifer's eldest had actually bothered to show up, given his long proclaimed hatred of everything Lucifer-related.

He wasn't stumbling about shouting obscenities, nor physically smashing up the fancy decorations to cause a scene. In fact, he had been all but pleasant to those that dared approach to try and gather where he had been for two years and why he had now chosen to make an appearance, going as far as to murmur a compliment or two about how nicely decorated the castle was after its recent renovation. It hadn't taken him long to find some entertainment, though, which was where Apollyon would find him: in a unoccupied room with a succubus (he did tend to go for that type) and making the most of his time in Hell by getting flirty with her. It was only when he took notice of the door opening that he came to a stop, having tossed his shirt aside and was working on getting his belt undone when Apollyon walked in, a groan of annoyance sounding in response.

"What do you want now? I'm not embarrassing you in here, A-Apollyon," he slurred, reluctantly reaching for his shirt despite the young woman's quiet protests. "...Am I not even allowed to find a nice y-young girl and... and have sex, is that bad too? 'Cause I fucking want to, I... I haven't kissed anyone in days, that's, like, not good for me, man."

"Quit your whining, Darius. I don't care if you have sex with every woman at this party but I need fo speak to you seriously," he urged, his eyes locking onto the succubis with a small grimace and a wave of his hand, urging her to leave if only for a moment. Once she was gone, Apollyon pinched the bridge of his nose before sitting down on the floor.

"How much do you want to be King?" He asked after a pause, trying to come up with the proper words. "If I were to somehow leave the throne, would you take it? You seem so happy on Earth yet you always complain how you should be king, right?"

"...You want me to take the throne? Why? Are you giving it up-- Oh. Oh, I get it. It's about Elijah, isn't it? You're gonna run off into the sunset with him on Earth and you know you can't do that unless someone takes the throne in your place. I get it now," he snorted, haphazardly buttoning his shirt up with a glance at the phone in his pocket. He realised he had been texting Agnes all night, mostly about how drunk he was getting and how cute the girls were at the party, but he failed to realise that they obviously hadn't sent, leaving him pouting childishly at the lack of responses. She was the one thing that would stop him getting the throne, despite that being all he had cared about since he was a young boy. He had the chance to finally get what he wanted, and yet he was seriously doubting it, knowing that the best friend he had ever made wouldn't be at his side.

"I don't know," he answered with an honest shrug, his eyes locking onto the younger demon. "I'll be honest. I don't think I can just...leave what I have there, Apollyon. I guess I could leave Cameron and Mary, it'd suck but I could if I had to. It's just-- it's Agnes, I can't leave her. She's kinda everything to me-- it's fucking soppy, I know, but she's the only person that really wanted to get to know me properly and-- I'll ask her, alright? I'll give it some thought and see how she'd feel about it. I'd love to take on the throne, I've always wanted that."

"I'm really freaking out, Darius," he blurted, his eyes avoiding his brother's as he anxiously adjusted the collar of his shirt. "I didn't want this, I never wanted this. I just... I wanted to be a normal demon and I-I'm just... I'm so young, I-I don't know what I'm doing and I already have people sucking up to me and it's so fake? It's not genuine whatsoever. My father literally has Mai pushing random women in front of me even though they both know I have no interest in women. I've read the proper books, I've studied b-but... I still don't know and to know that Elijah is just as unhappy as I am is heartbreaking. I just want to be happy and I'm not happy here," he quickly babbled out before pursing his lips.

"Why am I even talking to you? You don't care. You... only came because you had to. I guess I'm only ranting to you because you're the closest family I have. It makes me feel a little bit better knowing that you know me and are genuine with me sometimes. I think I can trust you to not just say what I want to hear."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Genuine with you sometimes? When have I ever lied to you? I don't really care about pissing you off, Apollyon. You ought to realise that whatever I say to you is how I genuinely feel," he continued to slur, albeit a tad more slow in his effort to be as clear and coherent as he possibly could given the seriousness of the conversation. He did try and present himself a little better too, shoving on his shirt and running a hand through his messy hair, an awkward grin on his face once the realisation hit him of how his brother had walked in on him. It wasn't the first time, of course, but it had been a while since it last happened and he found it more amusing than anything.

"...You want my advice, yeah? Do it. Go with Elijah. Earth's fucking fantastic, Apollyon. I... haven't done any demon shit up there, it's sort of nice being -well, acting as- a human, you know? I care about Agnes as much as you do Elijah, and being with her every day-- it was great. You need to be with Eli or you'll be a miserable shit down here, and nobody's gonna be happy with that, so go. I'll take the throne," he confirmed suddenly, nodding firmly for emphasis. "I don't mind. Agnes-- she'll get over it, I guess. She'll find a girlfriend and settle down eventually and that won't leave room for me in her life anyway, so-- so I'll take the throne while I can. Assuming Lucifer allows me to do that; he'll probably make my life a nightmare for the rest of eternity."

"Wait, really?" He blurted in shock, his black eyes taking in his brother. "You... You aren't goofing, right? You mean it? I mean, you seem so happy on Earth, you're really willing to focus that for me? I swear, if you're being sarcastic then I'm going to beat you up," He hurriedly insisted, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"From why I understand, you and Agnes are inseparable. Are you sure you want to give that up? I-I mean, Elijah has proven he can find someone other than me, right? Gosh - I'm so conflicted, I don't want you to ruin your life for me."