Worry Not, Dear Child

I'm just wondering if anyone who's already in this would be interested in making a character to go along with mine? I have an idea, but I really, really, very strongly dislike RPing with myself, so I don't want to create the two characters who would make up my character's household... If someone's interested just let me know, either here or in a PM, and we can PM to discuss the details. You don't even have to use the character much if you don't want to, I just need a character to go along with mine... :(

I'm just wondering if anyone who's already in this would be interested in making a character to go along with mine? I have an idea, but I really, really, very strongly dislike RPing with myself, so I don't want to create the two characters who would make up my character's household... If someone's interested just let me know, either here or in a PM, and we can PM to discuss the details. You don't even have to use the character much if you don't want to, I just need a character to go along with mine... :(
Would love to do something together. PM me

2015-11-21-20-48-44--470012455.jpg
Name: William Smith

Appearance: He is tall, at six foot three, and slender. However he doesn't stick out. He just carries himself in a way that seems to mask his presence, something he learned over the years. His face is almost always in a smile or satisfied smirk, hiding what's beneath.

Personality: A sort of selfish and cunning nature. William grew up in an orphanage and has never grown out of the tendencies of looking after himself and not trusting others. Despite this he is quite charismatic and very quick with a smile or a joke.

- Knowledge
- Nighttime
- Games
- Jokes
- Wealth (both material and not)

Dislikes:
- Idiocy
- Authority
- Rain
- Color pink
- Religion
Family:
No blood relatives to speak of. Did have a best friend considered a brother in the orphanage but he never made it into the shelter. His name was Bobby.

Current Occupation:
Farmer, also small time black market contact
Previous Occupation:
Student, orphan.
Biography:
William was dumped on the step of an orphanage when he was a baby. He grew up fighting for everything, food, possessions, anything of value. It was rough, but he survived it. When the evacuation to the shelter began the nuns had them all gather inside and pray. Everyone else except William followed. Instead, the boy escaped and made a run for the shelter, sneaking his way past the checkpoint and made it inside. Life inside the shelter, he found, was just like home. Little food, little entertainment. And, having more experience in the situation than most, he thrived in the chaotic conditions, making friends in the black market that was already starting to form. Although William could have devoted his full time to the market, instead he took a job as a farmer cultivating someone else's land. He still kept his contacts and became a go between for people seeking to do business with the shadowy group. He has been cautious and cunning, surviving much longer than other low level contacts in the market. His life changed when the father of a girl he had once been sweet on was arrested on suspicious circumstances. The man pleaded with him to take his daughter away, seeing as once he was executed she would have no one. William reluctantly agreed and asked the girl to marry him shortly after his execution, thereby saving her from a horrible fate. They have been in this arranged marriage for almost three years now, and have learned to live in harmony with each other. This has taught him how to see beyond himself, and he is starting to work less and less with the market and saving up money to buy his own land.
Darkest Fear:
The guards, and being executed at the square.

Attachments

• 2015-11-21-20-48-44--470012455.jpg
    2015-11-21-20-48-44--470012455.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 0

254671__tatangelo-anna-a-pretty-italian-jersey-chest-lips-eyes_p.jpg

Name:
Lorella Antonia St. Clair

Sexuality:
Bi, but she hasn't figured that out yet.

2_c29c40d501842e889a7438d208280870.jpg

Appearance:
Of Italian-American descent, Lorella has lightly tanned skin, dark hair, and brown eyes. She keeps her hair cut short in a choppy bob. She has elegant features, with flirtatious almond eyes, sharp full lips, and a short and slender figure. She typically tries to dress as fashionably as she can, all resources considered.

Personality:
Before the apocalypse, Lorella was one of the most talkative, outgoing girls in her class. Since the tragic events of thirteen years ago, however, she has found her personality changing drastically. Now, she is untalkative and soft-spoken. When she does speak, it is for one of two reasons: either she is being courteous or her words are important. With that in mind, know that Lorella is a thinker. She reflects deeply on her ideas and feelings about the events going on around her. She's always full of ideas, but she knows that they have little use with Jason Clark in charge. She believes deeply in the value of intellect and education, always jumping for joy when a new book turns up in town. Lorella is courteous, respectful, patient, loyal, and caring. That being said, she is also something of a doormat - incredibly passive and obedient, Lorella's always quick to listen when asked to do something by the guards or an acquaintance. She'll rarely stand up for herself, unless she finds the request or situation to be morally dubious. Her quiet and passive nature make her come across as deeply vulnerable to any who know her, which is why she tries to maintain her appearance in such a way that those who don't know her well won't think to cross her.

Lorella likes books, singing (badly), fashion, getting drunk (on occasion), being around friends and loved ones, pizza (especially as hard as it is to come by any more), and dreaming about a better future.

Dislikes:
Lorella dislikes loudness, those who risk themselves by breaking the rules, onions, feeling threatened or endangered, and feeling helpless.

anna-e1406236432213.jpg

Family:
Lorella's mother, Rosa, died 13 years ago at the age of 36 when she failed to reach the shelters in time. Lorella's older brother, Stéfan, fell ill and died in the gap between exiting the bomb shelters and Jason Clark's rise to power. He was only 18. Lorella's father's death, meanwhile, was tragic and much more recent. Even though Doug St. Clair was what most would consider a model citizen, one of the guards arrested him, claiming that he was suspected of illegal activities. The guards investigated and, though Lorella's certain their investigations turned up nothing, they decided to have him executed. Lorella, being his daughter, was forced to watch his public execution in Farewell Square. Left with no living relatives, Lorella's ex-boyfriend William proposed to her before the guards could take her away to become a ward of the state. That way, William would be her husband and she wouldn't have to worry about what would happen to her without a male guardian figure. Though they had broken up, they had remained friends - not close friends, but amicable enough.

Current occupation:
Lorella doesn't really have a current occupation - between his farm work and his black market work, William makes enough for the both of them to get by, so she simply spends her free time as a homemaker, cooking and cleaning and helping him out whenever she can.

Previous occupation:
A child when the apocalypse began, Lorella was simply a student - she did, however, actively babysit for her next-door neighbour and hoped to obtain a job at the local movie theatre when she turned sixteen.

Biography:
The second child of Rosa and Doug St. Clair, Lorella was lucky enough to live a privileged life. When she was young, she took art classes, figure skating classes, and swimming lessons. She went to an excellent school and her parents encouraged her to study hard so she could be successful in the future, entirely unaware that her school could never truly teach her the lessons she would need for the future she would obtain.
She was thirteen when the apocalypse took place - thirteen years old, with her whole life ahead of her. She was excited for her sweet sixteen, she was excited to get a job, to learn to drive, to get a car, to start dating... Lorella was looking forward to all of it, until the day that her world fell apart.
Lorella spent three years underground with her father and her older brother, Stéfan. Her mother hadn't been able to make it to the shelter in time, and the three of them mourned her every day. When they were finally able to leave, Lorella was sixteen. The doors were opened only a week after her birthday, the day that would have marked her sweet sixteen.
She stumbled out, one of five thousand survivors to escape the apocalypse with the help of the bunker system. Unsure what to do with themselves and where to go, she and her family stuck with the other survivors. It was difficult, trying to start over - her older brother would soon fall ill and pass on, her father attributing his death to some sort of radiation poisoning, though Lorella has always suspected there was something else he didn't tell her.
With Jason Clark in charge however, Lorella and her father Doug were finally able to find stability. Doug loved Lorella dearly, especially since she was the only thing he had left. For seven years, he worked hard to ensure that she could survive in this new, terrifying world, and so that one day, her children, or her grandchildren, or perhaps her great-grandchildren, would be able to return to the blissful and safe lives they had known before the war. When he was arrested for suspected illicit activities, the specifics and nature of which were never revealed, much of the community was surprised, but none spoke up.
Doug was eventually convicted and sentenced to a public execution which Lorella would be forced to watch before the guards took her to the commune in which women with no male guardians are forced to live. When the guards went to take her away, however, William came forth with the documentation required to marry her, signed by none other than Doug himself. Though Lorella didn't particularly want to rekindle her relationship with William, she agreed for the sake of her own safety, only to find out that his intentions were in no way romantic either - he simply wanted to save her from the dangerous life in the commune.
Three years have passed since that fateful day. Now, Lorella is peacefully and amicably living with William as his wife. The spark has never returned, and they've made no attempts to pursue an active relationship of any sort, but that's fine with both of them; just knowing that Lorella is safe and provided for is all either of them needs from one another.

Reactions: Rae
INFORMATION
All characters so far are accepted, and I'll be adding them to the cast list soon. I'm going to wait a couple more days before we start just because I have a lot going on today and tomorrow, and it gives others more time to join. Please let me know if you're planning on making another character or not!

Is this still happening? :)

Yes, this is still happening! I'm starting the IC up today. Sorry for the wait, guys!

Reactions: Jamie64
Okay, so I'm waiting on someone who PMed me interest to create their character, and then we'll start. I PMed them today, and they are still interested! Thank you for your patience!

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Hey, any news/updates on when this is starting? :)