Worlds Collide Online ♥ A VRMMO Based RP! (For Adept & Higher Level Members)

Do you wish we had VRMMOs in the world today? ♥

• Hell yeah! I'd play them all the time.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Sure, but I can live without them.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No! Video games like that do NOT catch my fancy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, by combining elements we can customize and create the impression of various classical MMO classes, while inventing new ones.

I like.
Exactly! I wanted it to be completely based off of how creative the players wished to be. ♥ That's why there are no set "classes" or anything, just weapons of choice. c: Ultimately, in the end, we'll have the option to be everything in one godlike being, unless the player chooses not to. It's all up to them. ^^

Alright, and how exactly does magic itself work? I would assume that, for players, they'll just say the spell and things happen, but in the MMO lore, do different races (outside of the player race) have different methods of spell-casting?

Essentially...is it possible to do things that the system doesn't allow, such as create your own spells and shizz, by following the laws of the lore, not the system? Gotta break muh database, after all.
I honesty don't want to focus too much on the lore, but perhaps that can be considered correct. The eight major races are going to be able to do all the various spells with their various weapons, if any, and all that jazz. The Esseres, however, will still be on par with them. Ultimately, the Esseres are going to be seen as Gods among'st the races. That's why they're going to ultimately listen and unite against the monsters of the realms.

As for making your own spells, assume there are many implied skill trees you can choose from. If you've ever played MMORPGs, you'll understand the concept quite easily, I hope. With each weapon (or class in other video games), there are various sorts of spells. If it's a magic based weapon, you can choose a route. If it's a melee based weapon, you can choose a magical or direct melee route, or possibly mix the two. All in all, I'm all for people creating their own unique spells suitable to the weapon they choose and their desired play style. Ultimately, towards the end of the game, there may be some spells similar to another, but still different because I don't plan on allowing people to use the same weapon. If we have a scepter user, I'm only allowing that one scepter user. Perhaps only one more. That way, we don't all have the exact same skill trees. ^^ I hope that explains what you're wondering about.

I just want to give people the opportunity to be as creative as possible. I don't want too many limitations, because I like seeing what people come up with. ♥

Alright, and how exactly does magic itself work? I would assume that, for players, they'll just say the spell and things happen, but in the MMO lore, do different races (outside of the player race) have different methods of spell-casting?

Essentially...is it possible to do things that the system doesn't allow, such as create your own spells and shizz, by following the laws of the lore, not the system? Gotta break muh database, after all.
Ohh, in one game system based off this (it was a tabletop rpg) I had created an airship by bending the rules of the game, and made it a town by combining hacking into the system (to list it as a town) And using magic to create large spaces inside the rooms!

I was thinking of the elements as you listed above, playing into a stat system, possibly, and the uses of such elements.

Fire: Magic attack

Fire attacks, Heated elements (I.E. Steel/earth = slag, water= steam, etc.) possibly cooking, and alchemy, burn status, survival in cold climates

Water: Magic Defense

Ice attacks, Water attacks, and like fire, cooled elements. (Icy winds to slow foes, possibly making some metals brittle, of course, frozen water), preservation of food, survival in hot climates, ice slide!

Air: Agility

Cutting wind, quick steps, or even gliding and flight. Possibly a wind barrier for projectiles...

Earth: Defense

Creating earth barriers, creating food, Manipulation of ground to create platforms, possible earth-based teleportation.

Light: Health Points

Healing, possible buffing, lighting dark areas, boosting other magics

Dark: Magic points

Debuffing, draining health, snuffing out light, creating illusions, teleportation

Electric: Skill

Charging atttacks, focusing, powering objects, learning new skills, creating and understanding machines.

Steel: Attack

Increasing physical strength, creating hard or sharp edges, forging weapons, Creating heavy metal barriers, or using magnetics.

I dunno, that's my gather of it all. It's all I've ever wanted to do with the concept of elements... ^v^
Those are all great ideas, but I'd knock out a few of the things relating to jobs. I do plan on adding a job system, such as cooks, blacksmiths, beast tamers, tailors, enchanters (people who add certain permanent buffs to a single set of armor, weapons, or accessories), and the like. As for the rest, that's completely up to the player and how they wish to bend the element to their liking. With things like food and other basic necessities, the AP won't effect that at all. Those are things you'll get with the currency in the game - gold, fair say, that you earn from quests and whatnot. As I listed above, each element has certain things that it gives to the user. Fire gives strength, Water gives more mana as well as mana regeneration, Earth gives more defense and extra health, Air makes the player faster and lighter on their feet, Light could increase health regeneration and whatnot, Darkness could possibly add a life steal ability later down the road, Electricity makes the character more alert and aware of their surroundings, Metal gives the character enhanced dexterity, making them learn crafts faster and whatnot. There could be more added benefits as we go, too. Perhaps Earth majors find herbs and plants easier, making them fine Apothecaries and whatnot. Once again, the possibilities are endless. ♥

Metal is an element? Wow. Inb4 I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD.

And in regards to the skill tree things...you have to realize that the people who made the game are still human. I doubt they'll have a billion different skills for practically unlimited skill customization. What I'm thinking about is something along the lines of...

There are tons of elemental stuff. However, these elemental things does not allow one to, say, actually teleport, because spatial manipulation does not fall under the context of the elements. In the same vein, magic that allows for the sharing of memories, or for increasing gravitational force, or anything non-elemental in nature wouldn't in a typical combat-centric MMO, right? But would that mean that those sorts of spells can be created within the MMO, if one actually figures out how to cast magic without system assistance?

Just a bunch of thoughts.

And I assume that throwing the races into further chaos and violence is another option, yes? Giving players god-like status amongst a whole bunch of realistic NPCs would definitely inflate egos. And fetishes. Huehuehueheuhue...

And in regards to the skill tree things...you have to realize that the people who made the game are still human. I doubt they'll have a billion different skills for practically unlimited skill customization. What I'm thinking about is something along the lines of...

There are tons of elemental stuff. However, these elemental things does not allow one to, say, actually teleport, because spatial manipulation does not fall under the context of the elements. In the same vein, magic that allows for the sharing of memories, or for increasing gravitational force, or anything non-elemental in nature wouldn't in a typical combat-centric MMO, right? But would that mean that those sorts of spells can be created within the MMO, if one actually figures out how to cast magic without system assistance?

And I assume that throwing the races into further chaos and violence is another option, yes? Giving players god-like status amongst a whole bunch of realistic NPCs would definitely inflate egos. And fetishes. Huehuehueheuhue...
(´⊙ω⊙`)!Shady character alert!!

Reactions: Elixir

Yeah, I'm making Metal its own major. Eva gave me the idea. ♥

Also, they're very creative humans. If I can put that much thought into this, then so can they. It's not unrealistic - it's how MMOs work. x) As for teleportation, don't forget that this is a fantasy game. Anything is possible, so don't go into technicalities. You'll fry your brain, because none of this is supposed to be entirely logical. That's why they call it fantasy. Pfft! There will be teleportation crystals and whatnot in the game, so I don't plan on teleportation actually being a skill. At least not over a wide space of areas. As for suddenly appearing within a small space, like going from in front of an enemy to immediately behind it; that's very much possible. That could be an Electricity skill, simply because they move just as fast as lightning. Just so you know, I'm not going to be changing my plot basis nor the system. Skills and weapons and whatnot can be changed, and others can contribute new ideas to the plot or maybe twist a few others, but I'm not going to be changing much. I have a concept, and I firmly believe it's fun and allows for much creativity, so I won't be budging it. ♥

So, yes. No need to go into deep detail or extreme technicalities. Just have fun with it. x)

Also, they're meant to be Gods. They were created in the image and with the potential of Genitor and Genetrix themselves, and ultimately, they disappear from the world once they've beaten the game, awaiting their next call to a time of chaos. They aren't meant to stay there forever, you know. They come, they save the world, and they disappear once more. Think of the Esseres as the reserved soldiers of Genitor and Genetrix, only used in desperate times. They may be seen as Gods to the NPCs, but they'll be equals with others of their kind. All in all, the NPCs are going to be their responsibility. In the beginning, the NPCs will be their mentors, and they'll learn various things about the world from them. Around floor 50 or so, though, it'll be less about uniting the races and more about defeating the monsters, because I plan for them all to be united by then. All in all, the focus is mainly on the monsters. Don't focus too much on the overall lore. I put a lot of thought into this, but I really don't want to go down to every. last. fine. detail. x'D

Edit:
OH. I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN BY THEM MAKING THEIR OWN SPELLS.

Lemme explain.

We, the RPers, are making the spells. We can assume that the character's we're playing are just choosing from an already present skill tree. x) They aren't making the spells. We are.

Hm...but...the players are technically human, right? I mean, if you were given all this limitless power over a race of kawaii dark elves or whatever, I would think that people would rather just stay at floor 50 or whatever and enjoy their dictatorial rule, instead of actually try to clear the game. Clearly, OUR characters would be different from the rest of the nerdy, perverted, filthy, pathetic, no-life masses, but I would assume that such things would be an issue in the plot, right? Something along the lines of...

No one really wants to help clear moar floors, because they're afraid of dying and they're pretty much worshipped by smexy MMO NPCs.

Unless you have something planned to cull those types of people.

Hm...but...the players are technically human, right? I mean, if you were given all this limitless power over a race of kawaii dark elves or whatever, I would think that people would rather just stay at floor 50 or whatever and enjoy their dictatorial rule, instead of actually try to clear the game. Clearly, OUR characters would be different from the rest of the nerdy, perverted, filthy, pathetic, no-life masses, but I would assume that such things would be an issue in the plot, right? Something along the lines of...

No one really wants to help clear moar floors, because they're afraid of dying and they're pretty much worshipped by smexy MMO NPCs.

Unless you have something planned to cull those types of people.
They have human like forms, but they're not merely human. x) They're divine beings, though they start off as mere wanderers and low level peeps. In the beginning, they come off as regular human beings, just learning as they go. Then, they develop and grow, molding into the beings that Genitor and Genetrix prepared them to be. As for the worry about them abusing their power, I do have plans for that. Of course, the system will have a counter. You can't harass NPCs, for a notice will pop up and stop you. If you persist, you'll be banned and left immobile for a while or something (I'll think of a punishment; maybe there's an in-game jail, and that's a type of offense), or perhaps the cursor above your head will change (green means you're innocent, orange means you're injured or harassed another player severely, and red means you've killed a player) and all that jazz.

Edit:
Also, for clearing more floors and whatnot, all of the players definitely aren't participating in that. Not all are going to be front line fighters. Only those dedicated to beating the game and helping the others get out are going to have the determination to completely develop their character. Worry not. There are also various ways to develop, so seriously, don't put too much technical thought into it. x'D

How many players would we need to start?

Tentative interest.

How many players would we need to start?
Oh, we wouldn't need many at all. I'm willing to start with three, four, or five, including myself. ♥

Edit:
I don't really like too large of group RPs simply because they can grow quite stressful. I honestly don't know how many people I'm going to accept into this. I suppose it'll vary depending on how many show interest~

Tentative interest.
Even if unsure, I'm still glad you have some! ♥

Oooh, so it's kind of like we play as a race of Avatars (like, The Last Airbender :P) in order to unite several elemental warring races of NPC's?

Love it! I'm definitely interested. :D

I'll start out by saying that I only skimmed the responses so forgive me if I'm redundant but I don't think anyone has asked this yet. Will other races be playable later on, as in, if enough interest is gathered? If not will there be npcs of these other plentiful races and will we interact with them? Like will they be enemies or quest-givers are merchants, or did the wars mostly wipe them out? I'm not really too keen on the fact that we are limited to only one race in general, and the backstory of the rp makes for interesting racial (and potentially party as well) dynamics even if only through npc interaction. That being said I know you mentioned there is variety with wing types but are there any other noteworthy variations in appearance? (Sorry I'm one of those people who spends more time in the character creator than the actual MMO)
Also you mention that you can have different weapon types. Is there a class structure in this game or is it sandbox in that regard? Also I'm a bit confused does the player make up their own skills or are you going to have some kind of list or google doc of all the skills and their abilities?
ALSO also how will naming be done? Like, assuming that the characters will go by their IGN instead of offline name (though I suppose that would be up to the character). Like is there a character limit? Are numbers/spaces/special characters allowed? How ridiculous can someone get with their name like will xBladexMasterxF1rebirdx700 be a feasible option? On the other end of the spectrum what if my character themselves is an avid rper? Is there a name guide in the lore of the game for the rper userbase to go by?

Also I feel like I probably should note that I despise SAO. The animation is wonderful yes, but, as a .Hack//er the entire series comes off as a sexist rip-off of one of my personal favorite franchises. Truth be told I only watched the first few episodes, so I gave it a chance but I read and watched some reviews and no it just didn't cut it. If you don't already know about .hack// it's a bit daunting to get into (8 games- though the first four are counted as one and the next three as another and the last one was horrible so we dont talk about it-, 5 anime series where two run along side the first set of games, one is a direct prequel to the second set of games, one is an extra and another is a tie-in the the game no one liked, 6 light novels, and various movie and manga tie-ins/rehashes of the games) but if you can it's a million and one times better trust me. Sorry I have a hard time holding my tongue about this feel free to ignore this part.

Last edited:
I could be totally wrong, but the thing that I got out of the description was that the race we'd be playing is a mix of all the races, and there would be clans or towns of npc races of specific elements that we'd have to unite together. But actually -- if I may chime in -- I really like your idea! It may be cool for some people in the party to be of the specific-element-races in order to work as ambassadors or something to the npc races? Then there would be variety in the party members? But yeah that's just my two cents ^^" (And yes I have the same question about weapons and skills.)

Also I just have to say that I'm totally with you on the SAO thing. I absolutely loved the concept and the world-building (hence why I'm here and why I'd be super stoked about being in a VRMMO :P) but like, as a girl, by the time I got to the end of season 1 I was quite literally physically uncomfortable with the amount of sexism. There was so much potential for it to be not sexist, but then NOPE. ALL THE SEXISM. Oh lord it hurt my soulllllll. (Once upon a time, a looong time ago, I tried reading .hack// but for some reason it was confusing to me at the time, so I never got into it. Maybe I shall go back and try it again though, now that I am not a small incompetent child?)

I'll start out by saying that I only skimmed the responses so forgive me if I'm redundant but I don't think anyone has asked this yet. Will other races be playable later on, as in, if enough interest is gathered? If not will there be npcs of these other plentiful races and will we interact with them? Like will they be enemies or quest-givers are merchants, or did the wars mostly wipe them out? I'm not really too keen on the fact that we are limited to only one race in general, and the backstory of the rp makes for interesting racial (and potentially party as well) dynamics even if only through npc interaction. That being said I know you mentioned there is variety with wing types but are there any other noteworthy variations in appearance? (Sorry I'm one of those people who spends more time in the character creator than the actual MMO)
Also you mention that you can have different weapon types. Is there a class structure in this game or is it sandbox in that regard? Also I'm a bit confused does the player make up their own skills or are you going to have some kind of list or google doc of all the skills and their abilities?
ALSO also how will naming be done? Like, assuming that the characters will go by their IGN instead of offline name (though I suppose that would be up to the character). Like is there a character limit? Are numbers/spaces/special characters allowed? How ridiculous can someone get with their name like will xBladexMasterxF1rebirdx700 be a feasible option? On the other end of the spectrum what if my character themselves is an avid rper? Is there a name guide in the lore of the game for the rper userbase to go by?

Also I feel like I probably should note that I despise SAO. The animation is wonderful yes, but, as a .Hack//er the entire series comes off as a sexist rip-off of one of my personal favorite franchises. Truth be told I only watched the first few episodes, so I gave it a chance but I read and watched some reviews and no it just didn't cut it. If you don't already know about .hack// it's a bit daunting to get into (8 games- though the first four are counted as one and the next three as another and the last one was horrible so we dont talk about it-, 5 anime series where two run along side the first set of games, one is a direct prequel to the second set of games, one is an extra and another is a tie-in the the game no one liked, 6 light novels, and various movie and manga tie-ins/rehashes of the games) but if you can it's a million and one times better trust me. Sorry I have a hard time holding my tongue about this feel free to ignore this part.
I could be totally wrong, but the thing that I got out of the description was that the race we'd be playing is a mix of all the races, and there would be clans or towns of npc races of specific elements that we'd have to unite together. But actually -- if I may chime in -- I really like your idea! It may be cool for some people in the party to be of the specific-element-races in order to work as ambassadors or something to the npc races? Then there would be variety in the party members? But yeah that's just my two cents ^^" (And yes I have the same question about weapons and skills.)

Also I just have to say that I'm totally with you on the SAO thing. I absolutely loved the concept and the world-building (hence why I'm here and why I'd be super stoked about being in a VRMMO :P) but like, as a girl, by the time I got to the end of season 1 I was quite literally physically uncomfortable with the amount of sexism. There was so much potential for it to be not sexist, but then NOPE. ALL THE SEXISM. Oh lord it hurt my soulllllll. (Once upon a time, a looong time ago, I tried reading .hack// but for some reason it was confusing to me at the time, so I never got into it. Maybe I shall go back and try it again though, now that I am not a small incompetent child?)
Oh, wow! I honestly didn't realize that anyone had replied in this thread again. I haven't brought this idea to life quite yet because I've been so busy with holiday rushes, but I'll go ahead and clear this up for you two. I'll offer my own two cents, as well.

First off, I love SAO. I think the art is amazing, and I love the characters. I know there are much better anime shows out there with various themes, but I love the concept of SAO. The whole VRMMORPG thing that are also featured in various other animes. I just chose SAO as my "base" anime reference because I took things to make this idea from both SAO and Alfheim, so yeah. That subject can lay to rest, please. x) We don't need to talk about that here.

As for Worlds Collide, we are playing one race, the Esseres. I believe I stated that clearly in my first post. The Esseres could be, like Thurrbo said, kind of "Avatar" like beings from the series The Last Airbender. Pretty much, they have the capability to master every single one of the elements that the other races feature, though that's their decision and their decision alone. If you all wanted, you could simply major in one element, max it out, and continue to master it with various other weapons if you wanted. If you just want to be a Light element master, then be a light element master. Be the ultimate support if that is your desire. If you just want to be a fire and earth major, just for attack and defense buffs, then so be it. It's completely your choice. The whole idea behind this RP is its whole Open World and Free theme. You can do whatever you want, wherever you want. Should the floor be unlocked, that is. I would prefer for everyone to stick together and be involved with fighting or supporting the front lines someway, working to clear the game, but that's optional. Depending on how big this RP may become, what you choose to do is entirely up to you. However, I do NOT plan on the NPCs playing that big of a role. They are simply the quest givers, nothing more and nothing less. This won't be like Log Horizon where the NPCs have actual personalities, unless a lot of people would like me to add that feature? If so, then I may make an option where you can play either an NPC or Player. It all depends on what the people ask for. I'm totally up for ideas, though, if you choose to be an NPC, there will be no future for you once the game is cleared. I'd rather leave them as NPCs. xD The whole point for the first 50 or so levels are to unite the races and stop them from fighting, mastering all their magic and showing them all that it's all useful in their own unique ways. It's all about stopping the chaos while also protecting them from the various monsters plaguing the world. Pretty much, the Esseres are like the Guardian Angels of this world. They come in times of calamity, and, once everything is cleared up, they leave once more. That's the whole point behind the game. You learn various elements, become godlike, defeat these beasts that are even MORE godlike, and then you beat the game. It's a pretty simple concept~

Does that answer your questions?

(Whoops yeah sorry if that convo made you uncomfortable >n< I don't hate SAO at all, that was just an opinion on one aspect of it. I def wouldn't be here if I hated it! Sorryyyy to be weird I will say no more on the subject)

Anywho, yeah that all makes sense to me. The concept sounds super fun, and I like that it's so customizable. However you end up working out the logistics, I'd love to be a part of this. ^^

I wanna do iiiit!

(Whoops yeah sorry if that convo made you uncomfortable >n< I don't hate SAO at all, that was just an opinion on one aspect of it. I def wouldn't be here if I hated it! Sorryyyy to be weird I will say no more on the subject)

Anywho, yeah that all makes sense to me. The concept sounds super fun, and I like that it's so customizable. However you end up working out the logistics, I'd love to be a part of this. ^^
I wanna do iiiit!
Thank you all for showing so much interest! I probably won't be bringing this RP to life until after the New Year (probably in early January after the holidays), but I really hope you're all around for whenever I create the thread. ♥

I'll definitely stick around!

Status
Not open for further replies.