Worlds apart

"I am a busy boy, there is four video games I haven't finished playing and hundred of movies I still haven't watched and tons of books I haven't read. There's no way I can fit in homework in my schedule." He told her and shook his head like if she had said something ridiculous or if his answer would have been so obvious. "But if you would teach me miss perfect student then maybe I would try doing my homework, I have a biology assignment on the human body. Maybe I can cut you up so I can have a closer look." He teased her. First he had intended to make it a sexual joke but changed it in the last moment since they were at a horror movie anyways. Better to keep to the theme.

Once again he noticed the smell from earlier. That old geezer had followed them, and he wasn't waiting outside. Blake looked around as discreet as he could to see if he could find that old bastard, but even though he felt his smell he couldn't see him. It wasn't because of the dark at the cinema, demons could see much better in the dark than in the light. The light actually gave most demons a headache, though some of them weren't bothered at all of the sun. That bastard was a better formshifter than most demons, he could be a fly on the wall or a random person watching the movie. There was no way Blake would find him just by looking around, he just had to hope that the old bastard wouldn't do anything for the time being.

"Yeah, right, Blake. We all know that you don't know how to read," she teased when he mentioned books. As he began to mention her helping him, at first she nodded - thinking he meant tutoring him. Of course, that's not what he meant. He didn't even need tutoring and she knew it, but still she had assumed. She rolled her eyes and nudged at him. "I don't think you could do it even if I said 'sure!' You wouldn't have anybody to complain to about school if you did.. except Carrie, and I'm sure she'd loooove to listen as long as you were stripping while you whined," she said, giggling softly. She was going to say something else, but then the screen froze and seemed to tilt off to the side. Everybody in the theater groaned. It was an old place, they had technical problems all the time. It'd probably be a good ten minutes before they fixed it.

"This is actually good - I'm hungry! I'm going to go use the restroom and get snack stuff. Stay here so nobody steals our seats," she said, even though there was nobody else in their row. She stood up and made her way over to the aisle, then trotted down and out the door. Bathroom first, she figured. Less to juggle that way. She wandered in to the white tiled room that smelled of overly strong cleaning products and grimaced. Public places.. delightful. She sighed and made her way in to a random stall, just thankful that the place was empty.

He couldn't help but give of a small giggle. "Yeah, you're right. It would be boring without you. Who am I going to bully if you disappeared?" He said just before the screen froze. "And that's why I rather watch film at home." He commented, now it would take a longer time before he would get to see people getting killed. "I'm staying here as a good little puppy, get a coke for me on the way back." He told her and listened as her steps went further and further away.

Just as Blake had predicted the old geezer sat at Blake's right side just when Rachel had gotten out of sight. "Is that why you haven't come back home?" The young man beside Blake asked and smiled. That guy was so annoying. "Humans gets hurt so easily you know" It was a warning and a threat.
"Get out of here." Blake didn't often try to speak to that old geezer since he never listened to anyone anyways, and had enough power to kill demons as if they were flies.
"But I want to meet her, just for a little bit. You don't want to cause a scene in here right?" With those words the demon king leaned back in the chair and waited. He was right, if Blake would try to force that man out then it would seem weird. Also that old geezer would be able to beat Blake up so badly he wouldn't have any choice but change into his demon form, then everyone would see. For now he just had to sit silently and hope that old idiotic geezer wouldn't do anything.

He has black hair instead of red though x3
l_8aebb4f4c3d5e282d5a0222f25f97d2f.jpg

Once she was done in the bathroom, she washed her hands and trotted out. She couldn't take too long in case they fixed the movie faster than usual. The concession stand, thankfully, didn't have a line. She got a few random boxes of candy and two cokes. Once she had paid, she scooped everything up and went back to the theater. Judging by the angry muttering of people and the fact that the screen was a bright white, they hadn't fixed it yet. Perfect. She smiled to herself and went back to the row that she had sat in with Blake.

"Alright, here's your soda, you needy puppy," she said, handing him the large cup before she realized there was somebody sitting on his other side. "Oh! Hi," she said, smiling at him. She didn't recognize him from school, but she wasn't the most observant person when she had her headphones on. Besides, she assumed he was Blake's friend since they were sitting next to each other. The weird thing was that Blake never seemed to have any friends. "Are you going to be watching the movie with us?"

Rachel came back and the old geezer were still there. Blake tried to look a bit normal but he was a bit stiff. Maybe it wasn't noticeable for humans, but the old geezer could probably see it clearly. And he probably enjoyed it. He wanted to say that the old geezer were just about to leave but if he said something that Zuul didn't like then he would be in trouble. Zuul, one of the demon kings many names. Another was Lucifer, but that was a past down name for everyone that became the new demon king. Also the devil was a name that was used for the demon king.

"Yes, if you don't mind. I'm Michael, Blake and I have known each other for a long time so when I saw him here I thought I should come and sit with him. But if you two are on a date then I can go back to where I sat before." Zuul said, or as he now named himself, Michael. That big fat liar. His human name wasn't that at all. At least he could do as all other demons that came to the human world and stick with their original chosen human name, but with such a name it wasn't that weird that he didn't want to tell anyone about it. Blake hoped a bit that Rachel would say that she did mind but that would probably not happen, especially since she would now think that this guy saw them as a couple. That could make her want him to stay just to prove that they were just friends. On the other hand even if he hadn't said that she were a bit to nice to just tell a person 'I do mind, go away'. Humans. They thought a bit too much about others feelings sometimes.

"Oh, no no. It's fine. You can sit here with us and help us make fun of the fake blood and gore," Rachel said with a laugh. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Michael. I'm Rachel," she added, then sat on Blake's other side and popped open a box of junior mints. She munched on one and nudged Blake. "I didn't know you were capable of making friends," she teased him with a grin, offering the candy to him. He usually declined, but sometimes he had taken a piece or two.

The lights shut off again suddenly and the theater grew very dark. Apparently the movie was working again. Everybody got very quiet, watching the black screen as it slowly opened up to show some random creepy scene of an old abandoned house. Typical. Rachel settled in to her seat with a smile, focused on the movie and wondering if it was going to be any good.

Great, she didn't tell him to leave. Blake couldn't help but wonder what Zuul's plan was, if he just wanted to force Blake back to the demon world then he could just do it. But instead he pretended to be human and wanted to meet Rachel, why? Suddenly it hit him. He were making sure that he could get close to Rachel, that way if Blake would disappear from the human world again then he could threaten him by using her. That old geezer. But in that case he must know that Blake had some kind of feelings for Rachel, something most demons don't have for humans. Why would he think that just by seeing them together for one day?

"Just because I don't make friends doesn't mean I can't." He corrected Rachel. There was a lot of people that had tried to talk with him threw the years, he just didn't pay attention to them.
"Ooh, back in the days when we used to hang around you had a lot of friends. I have a hard time seeing you as a lonely wolf." Zuul said a bit entertained of what he heard. Before Blake had gotten to the human world he had been hanging around with a lot of demons in the higher society. They weren't really 'friends' though, they mostly used each other.

The movie started and already in the first scene there were a murder. Typical for those kind of horrors, start with a murder to get peoples attention and then go to a boring part with a lot of talk before they start murdering again. The blood was pretty well done though, and Blake didn't give such compliments to any movie, there was only one movie that had been able to make better fake blood. But the other effects were pretty bad, that's what happened when they decided to make movies without the right budget.

"He's not lonely, he has Carrie," Rachel said quietly, holding in her laughter as she glanced at Blake. He'd probably smack her for that one later. Carrie, his darling blonde cheerleader that he didn't care about. Poor girl. Too bad she was too much of a bitch for Rachel to feel badly for her.

"Oh man.. I bet she's the next one to die," she whispered, nodding toward a cute little redhead who had no common sense and was already panicking about a murderer being on the loose. She was definitely the type to run upstairs if there was a killer in her house. Complete moron. A few minutes later, she had her throat slit. Rachel just nodded. She knew it. Predictable. All of these movies were similar, but she still loved watching them. This one was creepier than some and she flinched a little as the killer showed off his non-human face. Bloodied sockets instead of eyes. She winced - yep, there would be no sleeping tonight!

Blake flinched, he almost were about to smack her lightly in the head but thought it was better not to do anything as long as Zuul was so close. He would observe everything they said and everything they did so that he could see if she would be of any use. If he thought that their relationship weren't anything and that Blake actually didn't care that much about her then maybe he wouldn't do anything. Or he would just threaten to kill her just to see if Blake would do anything or not and then kill her either way. That man maybe smiled and seemed innocent but he was the cruelest demon that had lived since the original Lucifer. Some says Zuul is crueler some says that he's just on the same level but everyone thinks that Zuul is the only one that actually deserves to bear Lucifers name.

"I bet this movie will end with one person surviving and then a bad sequel will come out next year." He whispered after some time. It wasn't that hard to figure that one out since the movie was built up like all other gory horror movies. He noticed that Rachel winced a bit, so she could actually become a bit scared. It entertained him but he didn't want to say anything about it since Zuul was there. That geezer would think something about it no doubt.

Rachel nodded her agreement. She was already picking out the survivor in her head - he was the only one smart enough to carry around a flashlight and had suggested sticking together. Of course, the comedic relief guy had agreed but the must-impress-pretty-girl guy had suggested splitting up into pairs. Now the pretty girl and the moron was dead, and the comedic relief guy had lost the smart guy. He'd be the next to go, she bet. There was one girl left, who the smart guy had been secretly crushing on. She was betting that they'd get close, have a romantic moment, and then she'd die. Give him fuel for revenge. And cue the sequel!

"If I was ever running for my life, I would do so much better than these idiots. What is he thinking - hiding in a closet? Yeah, that's going to help," she whispered, shaking her head. Comedic relief guy - always funny, always an idiot. She sighed and took a sip of her soda, still entertained even though it was all silly and predictable. At least the monster in this one was scary. She flinched every time they showed his face.

Even though Zuul had kept quiet for most of the movie he suddenly decided to interact. "On the other hand, if you would have to run for your life you would probably not be able to think straight. So maybe you would do a lot of ridiculous mistakes like running up instead of trying to get out threw the front door. You won't know if you haven't been in such a situation." He said quietly with a small hint in his voice that Blake picked up. Even though he had a friendly voice it was a bit of a threat. He were telling Blake that he could put her in such a situation whenever he wanted to.

Blake tried not to give any physical movements that could make Zuul think that he cared too much. The more he showed protection towards the human girl the more Zuul would be able to use it against him.

"Then maybe we should put you in such a situation so that we can see how a real person would deal with it." Blake proposed, he hid a threat under his teasing voice so that Rachel wouldn't feel like something was wrong between the 'childhood friends'. It wasn't such a good idea to actually talk like that to the demon king and he knew he would get to eat up his own words one day but right now he was a bit pissed.

"That's true, I never have," Rachel acknowledged with a smile. "But I like to think that I wouldn't panic so much that I'd end up trapping myself. I mean, I always carry my phone with me too. Why don't they ever think of that? Whenever they call for help, they end up misplacing their phone. Idiots," she went on, keeping her voice quiet so that nobdoy would turn around and try to shush them for being too loud. The predictable romance scene was about to start, she could tell. When Blake made his suggestion, she giggled softly.

"Oh yeah? I'm not scared of you, Blake. I bet we could do it on you, though. Just chase you with a pile of homework and watch you run like a little girl," she teased back at him, grinning and sipping at her soda.

"I'm not afraid of homework either you know, good luck finding something to scare me with. I have never been afraid of something so far in my life." He said, there wasn't much that could make a demon run for their life, even make them jump in surprise was a hard thing to achieve and even if someone did achieve it, it would probably cost them their life.

The movie was a bit too long for a gory horror movie, the killer killed everyone in almost the same kind of way which made it a bit boring. Maybe for others it was entertaining but Blake wasn't impressed at all. Now he had to deal with the demon king right after letting Rachel off at her house. Little did he know that Zuul had a plan and that plan included Rachel being close by.

"Well, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It was like all the other horror movies that aren't scary at all." Blake commented as they walked out of the cinema. He looked a bit at Zuul that walked on the other side of Blake. Couldn't he just leave until Blake had left Rachel at least? Or did he want to know where she lived just so that he could threaten to hurt her if Blake didn't come with him willingly? That was ridiculous though. He would be able to find her easily even if he didn't know where she lived right now. As long as he knew which city she lived in it wouldn't be a problem to sniff her out.

Rachel finished off her soda and the junior mints before the movie ended, though she wasn't paying too much attention to the ending since she had decided it was going to be the same as all of the others. Disappointing. Oh well. She'd probably still have nightmares. Still, she wished that she knew what scared Blake. It'd be so much fun to have something like that to tease him about.

"One of these days we'll see one that's really scary. In the meantime, we'll just have to keep going to see all of them," she said with a smile, walking out with him and tossing her trash in a bin. Michael was still with them, and she wondered if they planned on hanging out tonight. Well, it wasn't her problem. She was going to go home and study a little, then sleep.

"Well, thanks for watching with me, Blake. I'll walk myself home. It was nice meeting you, Michael," she said with a smile.

"You shouldn't walk home alone, it could be dangerous even in a small town like this." Zuul said friendly before Blake had the chance to say anything. What was he doing? Didn't he want to be alone with Blake so he could force him back to the demon world? Blake couldn't understand what that old geezer were doing but he didn't really want Rachel to walk home alone when the sun already had set.

"He got a point, what if you got attacked by someone. At least we can use this guy as a shield and then run for it. But if you walk alone you will probably get killed." Blake said as he pointed at Zuul. Of course the demon king wouldn't let anyone make him into a human shield, but this would probably be Blakes only chance to say something like that to him before he was forced back and had to get his punishment, so he had to irritate the old geezer as much as possible.

"You're so thoughtful as always Blake." Zuul commented with a small hint of irritation in his voice even though humans probably wouldn't notice it.

"Dangerous? Here? I seriously doubt that," Rachel said, shaking her head. Then Blake piped up about her being attacked and killed and she tilted her head slightly. Something was wrong. Usually Blake would have just waved her off and let her go alone. It wasn't like he actually cared. Right? Yet, here he was, agreeing with Michael and insisting that they both walk her home. Weird. Then again, Blake had always been a little weird.

"Well, alright, I guess. If you guys really want to waste your time taking a boring walk around the block," she said, shrugging. She started walking down the sidewalk, taking the long way around since there was no way she was taking the alley shortcut after watching that movie. She could just see the bloody sockets and the rows of jagged fangs. Blegh.

Blake didn't really like that the idiotic geezer were walking with them, but he didn't think anything would happen as long as they were close to any humans. Zuul wasn't a person that liked demons who showed their real identity to humans, so why would he show himself to a human? Also the demon king was often followed by many demons and those demons used to feed on humans. So he really didn't want to leave her alone in case one of those demons decided that she would be their next meal.

Soon they came to a place where no other humans were close by, of some reason it made a chill go down Blake's spine. He didn't understand why though, but it felt wrong to walk with the demon king and a vulnerable human on a empty street.

"So, how was it Rachel? To see a demon feeding on a human in the classroom." Zuul said. Blake stopped in the middle of his steps. How did Zuul know about that incident? Had he been spying on him already at that time? Also, why did he bring it up? Humans shouldn't know about demons existence. "It must have been choking." He continued.

"What do you think you're doing?" Blake was forced to hold himself back so he wouldn't attack Zuul. If he did then Zuul would definitely turn into his demon form. But if he let him talk Rachel would understand that he knew something he shouldn't.

"I'm just asking a question Blake. Actually I have another one, how does it feel to know that your friends is a demon?" Zuul continued on, and when he noticed the shocking expression on Blake's face his grin got much bigger than before. "Could it be, you didn't know about that?" Zuul didn't care to hide the amusement in his voice. He knew very well that Blake hadn't told her anything, why was he confessing everything to a human?

Rachel had let her mind wander since the boys weren't talking about anything. She thought about the essay that she had to do some time in the next three days. It was supposed to be on anything that she wanted, but she had no idea what to do it on. The teacher had told her not to write another one on music, so that was out. Maybe she'd write one on how horror movies have changed over the years. That could be really interesting, and she could probably dress up as a demon or something all day. She smiled at the thought. It'd be fun and it wouldn't take long at all to write since it kept her interest.

Right when she had decided on it, Michael spoke up. She glanced at him curiously, thinking at first that he was talking about the movie. But then he went on and she stopped walking, staring at him. It finally dawned on her that they were on a deserted street and it was late. She knew it was irrational, but she still suddenly felt very uneasy. How had Michael known about what she saw? Did Blake say something? But she hadn't told Blake the details like that.. She frowned and stepped back a little, glancing at Blake as he spoke and then back to Michael as he spoke about one of her friends being a demon.

"If you're t-trying to freak me out, you did a good job. Ha ha, joke's over.." she finally said, her shaking voice coming out with a stutter. He was just messing with her, right? She didn't know anymore. He had known exactly what she saw earlier.. "I'm.. g-going to go home now.." she said, taking another step back.

"Why the rush? Don't you wanna stay for a snack?" Zuul asked and jumped towards Rachel while changing form into a demon in less than a second. If Blake hadn't been watching Zuul's every move and noticed his sudden jump in time Zuul would most likely have killed Rachel. But Blake was able to knock him into another direction just in time. If Zuul really had wanted Rachel dead then Blake wouldn't have been able to stop him. It was obviously a trap. But what could he do other than go right into the trap? If he hadn't done it then Rachel wouldn't have survived.

Zuul threw Blake into the wall of a building and thrusted his claws into Blakes stomach. Then he turned back into his human form even though his right hand still had the claws that pinned Blake to the wall. "I expect you back within three days or else I'll come back. And then I won't be as gentle." Zuul said and grinned at Blake then turned to look at Rachel. "It was nice meeting you Rachel. I hope we meet again someday." Then he disappeared in a black mist and Blake fell to the ground as the claws dissolved. He coughed blood for a moment before the wound started to slowly heal up. It wasn't a very pleasant feeling to get claws stuck into the stomach even though he healed pretty fast compared to humans.

Flinching back when Michael jumped at her, Rachel fell over and plopped down on the sidewalk in a panic. She didn't even see the rapid movements that caused him to be knocked away from her, but she saw Blake standing in front of her. What in the world was going on?! She could only stare as Michael grabbed Blake and hurled him against the wall of the darkened bank. That was when she really got a good look at Michael and realized that he looked.. different. Very different. She trembled fearfully and winced as Blake was stabbed. Michael's words about coming back in three days didn't make sense to her, but soon he had turned to her. She couldn't even squeak at him in return.

When he was gone, she scrambled up and went tentatively over to Blake. Through his ripped shirt, she could actually see the wounds healing. Michael wasn't joking. That meant Blake was..

"That was you in the classroom, wasn't it?" she asked, her voice a trembling whisper. "You're just like him, aren't you?" she added, stepping back away from him. She shook her head in silence, scared out of her mind and not sure what to think about anything. After another hesitant step back, she turned and ran.