4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Horror, Romance,
d75548593b1b4e2b98a4c80f37c639bc.jpg

Okay, so I haven't seen many historical builds for roleplays, and I've been wanting to do one. I decided to make a World War I role-play because I feel that it is a crucial point in history that truly defined what war could really be when amassed on a global scale as it was. There were a lot of innovations at the time that drew out and prolonged the horror of the conflict to the point each side often stalemated the other. The weapons of the time period killed at a staggering rate, a rate at which, the tactics of commanders couldn't compensate for. Barbed wire was a fairly recent invention, and was quite effective at keeping the enemy from traversing the battlefield, and often snagged, snared or routed the charging armies like a rat in a maze. Machineguns, again, a fairly new invention, and not quite tested on a battlefield quite like the ones in France, until World War I.

World War II claimed more lives, but the world had adjusted by then. They made machines capable of delivering more death, created tactics which followed through using such machines. Their weapons had time to be perfected, so to speak. But the 17 million lives lost in World War I, 10 million servicemen, 7 million civilians, They were killed by tools, machines never before seen, often without dated tactics that used static defenses that didn't offer the capability of gaining ground quickly, and efficiently. It was a near-constant back and forth struggle.

I wish to make a story during the Battle of Somme where an estimated 1, 219,201 lives were lost. One of the bloodiest battles of World War I, it took place July 1st, to November 18th of 1916. Just as the name suggests, the Battle of Somme, took place on both sides of the Somme River and really was an illustration of senseless slaughter. The battle was meant as a sort of blitz towards the Western Front. While a victory for the Allies, it cost them dearly. 623,906 lives vanquished, that included 100 tanks, 782 aircraft. The Germans lost 600,000 men. On the opening day, some 60,000 Brittish forces were counted among the casualties with 19, 240 men being dead in total. It was the single most catastrophic loss of life in Brittish Army history. Somme was strategically important to the allied nations because it made the Germans withdraw 40 miles, and set the stage for final victory in 1918.

*Note 1: I will be allowing Americans among the British, French, Candian, and Australian forces. You can be any of the five.

*Note 2: Do not post character sheets here, nor ask how plot progression will work. If sufficient interest is invested, I will create the OOC where that will be laid out. This is just to see if there is interest.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
I'm interested. World War I is a great setting and so underutilized.

@Creatress Great! I agree, it is so often looked over because of the battles and brutalness of World War II, but so many fail to realize World War I had its own atrocities.

Last edited:
I might hop in. Will battles be historically accurate, or can the outcome be altered?

@Uncle Legens Legentis

I was going for historically accurate, as much as is feasible. There will be SOME differences as we will be playing a soldier's point of view, rather than a textbook examination of the events that transpired.

• Thank You
Reactions: Legens Legentis
I tried making something like this before but had to jet due to a computer crash. I have characters already. You allow women in the ranks?

@VerbalAbuse, @♡Mesy♡

This is a historical role-play based on real events--women were not allowed to be soldiers on the front lines at this juncture in history. I am sorry.

@Twilight Dream

Oh no, that's okay. I'm still interested. Either I'm gonna have to change up my role playing style a little and make a man. Or maybe I'll rp as a nurse or something.

Well this certainly seems interesting, count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.