World Under Construction IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaliya paused a little to think about Kijin's question for a moment, then, she spoke "Well... I think it's really cool!" she said, raising her voice a little before she realized it. She looked around, for the first time noticing the bartender and the others in this place, were they Vanguards too? She turned back to Kijin, realizing she didn't exactly explain herself with her answer "Oh! What I mean by cool is that, well... I'm excited to experience what it could be like as a Vanguard!" she added, lowering the volume of her voice slightly... Despite this, it was of course clear that she was indeed genuinely excited about this whole prospect, though, most of all, she was curious about what lay behind the door in this area they were in.

The outside world was unfamiliar to her, and, perhaps unfamiliar to the rest of the Vanguards right now as well, and, it seemed that she was a little impatient about leaving the place, though... The thought crossed her mind that maybe they should get familiar with this area just a little bit first just to be safe. Who knew what they might need out there, as deep down, she knew somehow that unfamiliar places weren't always the friendliest to newcomers, but... All in all, they'd have to see for themselves sooner or later, right?

[GLOW=black]"Nine." [/GLOW]

Will repeated that word hollowly. Her smile was one of disbelief, but her eyes looked at the door the numerous Vanguard came through and understood.

[GLOW=black]"Nine, you say..."[/GLOW]

She was brought back to reality thanks to the brunette Vanguard's questions. She chuckled softly and showed him a warm smile at his first question about her wares, but didn't answer it. The corner of her lip twitched unpleasantly when he confirmed the number of Vanguards, but she answered his questions.

[GLOW=black]"I do have memories, though there is no way to prove whether or not these memories happened or were created the moment you found me,"[/GLOW] Will confided smoothly to Darius.[GLOW=black]"I remember greeting numerous Vanguards before you, but they too may just have been created as a memory for a memory. Maybe, soon, I'll be telling new Vanguards of how a bunch of unruly Vanguards wanted to steal from bar and even stepped on my back,"[/GLOW] She giggled as she said that, though it wasn't hard to notice that bit of anger within it. She cleared her throat and continued softly, [GLOW=black]"But..."

"I will wonder then if you, too, were just the memories of a memory."
[/GLOW]

Her smile was unchanging, and this time not even her eyes or body revealed her inner feelings on this matter. Her attention was caught by yet another Vanguard waving his hand to grab her attention. She approached him and tilted her head curiously when he pulled out a scroll, but didn't ask about its purpose. Nodding, Will turned around and gracefully snatched an unmarked flask from the back shelves with her left hand. In one smooth motion she crouched, grabbed a small, round open bottle with her free right hand (with a cork held between her fingers), poured the liquid from the flask into the bottle, and set the unmarked flask back on the back shelf just as she finished standing up. Placing the cork in the flask, Will reached in her pocket, pulled out a small band, and wrapped it around the bottle. The word 'Whiskey' in simple, but charming font was written on the band that stuck fast to the bottle.

Her graceful, smooth movements halted when he asked for something else. Will looked at the bottle apprehensively, then sighed and grabbed it too. Setting both on the counter in front of him, she kept her hand on the longer bottle as she explained what it was.

[GLOW=black]"Dragon's Spit circa 131. It's a fierce drink, one that burns when it goes down but will give you the best time of your life... if you can take it,"[/GLOW] Will announced proudly, but her smile disappeared as she continued. [GLOW=black]"The full set can be considered a poison for humans: A small sip would put you out for days, and it won't be a pleasant nap. There's no age-requirement for my drinks, but I'd prefer not being blamed for sticking someone in a coma. I'll get the other part in a minute. Don't drink that." [/GLOW]

Satisfied with her warning for him not to drink it, Will's smile returned and she released the Dragon's Spit. She assumed he just wanted to look at the swirling cloudy red in the dark bottle. The bottle itself had decent craftsmanship as well. The Dragon's Spit counterpart had some more fantastical ingredients, and put together it was quite a sight to see. Will was proud of this drink.

The ostentatious Vanguard continued declaring his intent to raid the place, causing Will to scoff sharply. While it was true that her stock would replenish instantly, she wasn't keen on letting the Vanguards think they could get away with anything simply because of their purpose and initial existence.

[GLOW=black]"You are no more kings of the world than you are—"[/GLOW]

Suddenly, the boisterous Vanguard threw the door open. Will exhaled exasperatedly at his impatience; he reminded her of a child that had no interest in anything that didn't immediately catch his fancy. Which was a bit of a blow to Will's pride; she assumed that her existence was quite fanciful and mysterious. Putting aside her woes in her mind, she sighed softly and decided to announce her knowledge to the Vanguards in the room. Clapping her hands together to gain their attention, she smiled and started,

[GLOW=black]"You are all Vanguards, and you all know of what that entails. Most of you might have had the thought of splitting up cross your mind as you can surely discover much more of the world that much faster, yes? The Gods have also understood that, and allowed Vanguards the ability to share thoughts and memories with each other..."[/GLOW]

[GLOW=black]"But I don't know how you do that." [/GLOW]

Will stuck out her tongue playfully and raised her hands and shoulders in a cutesy apologetic look. She slowly dropped her hands and straightened back up. Flashing her smile, she continued,

[GLOW=black]"Vanguards do not solely exist to keep memories of the world. You are not tools for the Gods, you are their children. They want you to grow along with the world you discover. On the other hand, I want you think of me as a friend. I will always be there for you all, and if you ever need my help just call my name: Will. Find the floating wisp,"[/GLOW] As Will explained, she raised her right hand and a small white wisp of fire started floating above her palm, [GLOW=black]"and you will find me."[/GLOW]

[GLOW=black]"And my last piece of advice: don't go around looting every place you stumble across," [/GLOW]Will playfully jabbed at the Vanguards with her ever-present smile, though her furrowed brows suggested that she was serious.

Anzo sighed heavily. Upon reaching the barstool, he noticed just how small and fragile it seemed. He wondered if there was a weight-limit for them, and eventually decided against sitting on one. Still, he believed that the people gathered here were quite interesting. By far, the one that grabbed his attention the most was the most rambunctious of the group. A self-styled leader of the people here, Anzo chuckled slightly at what he could only see to be a young and eager, if impatient boy. After that was the short, brown-haired man with a rather cynical way of speaking and the girl toting a column of metal that Anzo's gut presumed was a weapon. Anzo pegged those three as the potential trouble makers of the group, but chuckled at their lively and outgoing personalities. Anzo might've even take a liking to them if they weren't so eager to ransack the very first place they found. Anzo recalled two small girls were left in the previous room and he turned around to see if they were still there.

Instead, he got an eyeful of an armor-clad woman. She was a Vanguard. Anzo's gut told him that whenever he looked at anyone besides the barkeep. Anzo noted that she and he were the only ones in armor, while another pair—the female arsonist and the young warlord—were the only ones with weapons.

"Maybe we exist to protect," Anzo thought aloud to the other armored Vanguard, "while they exist to destroy."

A deep chuckle escaped from his helmet as he thought back on their willingness to damage the bar, opposite of his willingness to protect it. Anzo turned his head fully down towards the armored female Vanguard.

"The name's Anzo," Anzo's deep, rich voice echoed loudly from his helmet. "Can't say I'm keen on being ordered around by a lad that hasn't even grown any chest hair," Anzo motioned his head towards the enthusiastic young conqueror with a snort, "But I've gotta admire his ardor, ha!"

Anzo loudly laughed before looking over the armored vanguard towards the door they came through. He glanced back at the numerous Vanguards in the bar as his laugh slowly subsided, searching for something. Finally calm again, he cleared his throat.

"I guess that means the Gods left carrying things up to me," he quipped jokingly as he quickly strolled back to the white room to gather the provisions created for them. As he walked, he overheard the two girl's conversation. Seems like they were already becoming fast friends. He softly laughed with the friendly atmosphere they were making together.

"Save some of that excitement for us," Anzo called to them aloud, smiling under his helmet as he looked around the room for something to hold the provisions in. He clicked his tongue when he didn't find any obvious tools, but noticed that one of the girls had a weapon. Three to destroy, hmm? He thought to himself, but quickly shook it out of his head. "That said, I didn't expect the Gods to make Vanguards at your age..." he said ponderously as he stared at the two girls, but immediately burst into laughter. "Ha! I bet the same could be said about me, eh?"

He strolled over to his bed and pulled off the sheet. Holding it up to examine it, he sighed in disappointment. It wasn't as big as he wanted it to be, but he had to make do. He pulled the sheets off two more beds and crouched down by the provisions. He imagined tying one sheet across his chest to rest on the center of his back, then he'd hold the other two over each shoulder. At least, that was the plan, but now that he was in front of the food and realized just how much so many people would eat per day...

Anzo scratched his helmet as he pondered the best way to grab as much of the food as they could.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Save some of that excitement for us," Anzo called to them aloud, smiling under his helmet as he looked around the room for something to hold the provisions in. He clicked his tongue when he didn't find any obvious tools, but noticed that one of the girls had a weapon. Three to destroy, hmm? He thought to himself, but quickly shook it out of his head. "That said, I didn't expect the Gods to make Vanguards at your age..." he said ponderously as he stared at the two girls, but immediately burst into laughter. "Ha! I bet the same could be said about me, eh?"

He strolled over to his bed and pulled off the sheet. Holding it up to examine it, he sighed in disappointment. It wasn't as big as he wanted it to be, but he had to make do. He pulled the sheets off two more beds and crouched down by the provisions. He imagined tying one sheet across his chest to rest on the center of his back, then he'd hold the other two over each shoulder. At least, that was the plan, but now that he was in front of the food and realized just how much so many people would eat per day...

Anzo scratched his helmet as he pondered the best way to grab as much of the food as they could.
Although Kijin had planned to better articulate her thoughts about being a Vanguard, she found herself interrupted by a wonderfully manly voice. Although there was clearly no need for concern, the combined might of his tone and gaunt of his body were more than enough to intimidate the small Kijin. Though she was noticeably protective of her center, and she sent off a good string of nervous gestures, Kijin couldn't help but sense a kind of joy in this man that she had yet to experience. Though, to be fair, she felt the same way about the friendship she had begun to form with Kaliya.

Kijin was doing fairly well with keeping eye contact with Anzo, until his thunderous laugh actually somewhat unpleasant to hear in such a confined space. It was at this point she winced for a good three seconds before watching him take bed sheets with him, looking intently at the rations provided in the white room laid out on tables next to the bedsides. It looked like he was thinking about hauling the food with him. But using the bedsheets might not prove wise. While it will definitely do the job, he would be sacrificing warmth without even checking what the area outside looked like.

Kijin stood up from the bed to try to convey this thought to Anzo, but suddenly she felt really small. Not just in the sense of height either, but simply, insignificant. Was it really her place to tell a battle hardened veteran knight something they don't already know? He might just find it annoying, or even worse, insulting. Kijin wanted to simply pretend she had never thought the thought at all, but as she retreated towards Kaliya, and a different fear took over her. She saw Kaliya freezing in the cold night because there were no blankets nor other forms of shelter from the cold. It was for this brief moment that Kijin felt terrified that there was no right answer; however, in her heart she knew what she had to do.

Resolving herself, she walked over towards Anzo, and tugged at his arm to get his attention. Although she tried to look calm, her heart was beating a million miles an hour, and it showed. The only part of her body that showed her determination was her eyes, which although looking basically upward toward Anzo nonetheless cared great concern. Although Kijin's voice is still young and she feels very nervous, she speaks in an extremely composed manner. "Excuse me, but, if you were thinking of using the sheets to carry food, you should check what the conditions outside are. The food is important, but warmth can be even more important. There is a bar next to us, and we haven't checked to see if they have something we can use to carry the food. Also, while it is human nature to want to conserve food, realistically we can't carry all this food without slowing us down. Since we don't have a means of taking a lot of food, we should survey the area outside. Most importantly, the food is safe here. If we have to run away from something, or if something else were to happen to the food, it would be hard to recover. So, until we have more certainty, could you avoid soiling the sheets?"

Immediately after she said it though, Kijin regretted it. She wouldn't even care if she was struck. How did she just say all that? Kijin looks downward in shame, just seconds away from delivering an apology.

Arc watches Will for several moments, listening to what she has to say.
[GLOW=black]"I do have memories, though there is no way to prove whether or not these memories happened or were created the moment you found me,"[/GLOW] Will confided smoothly to Darius.[GLOW=black]"I remember greeting numerous Vanguards before you, but they too may just have been created as a memory for a memory. Maybe, soon, I'll be telling new Vanguards of how a bunch of unruly Vanguards wanted to steal from bar and even stepped on my back,"[/GLOW] She giggled as she said that, though it wasn't hard to notice that bit of anger within it. She cleared her throat and continued softly, [GLOW=black]"But..."

"I will wonder then if you, too, were just the memories of a memory."
[/GLOW]
I have some feeling that was not the first time those words were uttered. As Will begins to serve the others, Arc looks back towards the white room. She felt less comfortable there, perhaps because she felt more comfortable in the dimly lit bar. She couldn't explain it, even to herself, beyond the notion that the brightness bothered her. Arc looks back over towards Will and the other Vanguard. It eases Arc to hear Will call them all Vanguards, particularly what with the more audacious ones being rowdy. Will impresses Arc. Then again, she's, seemingly, had a lot of experience dealing with such groups, particularly with her quip tip for the outside world. Arc's excitement from earlier begins to subside. She turns again to find the helm of the metal suit turning towards her. His jolly voice rings out without warning.
"Maybe we exist to protect," Anzo thought aloud to the other armored Vanguard, "while they exist to destroy."
Arc chuckles. True. Otherwise, perhaps we're keen on preserving ourselves more than others. Then again, this fellow, Anzo, doesn't seem like the sort to put himself before others. Regardless, she rather likes the idea of standing as someone's shield. Arc, quietly, nods her head.
"The name's Anzo," Anzo's deep, rich voice echoed loudly from his helmet. "Can't say I'm keen on being ordered around by a lad that hasn't even grown any chest hair," Anzo motioned his head towards the enthusiastic young conqueror with a snort, "But I've gotta admire his ardor, ha!"
"Arc. Mana Arc. Just call me Arc, fellow Vanguard." She chuckles, amused, again. The fellow, shortly after, ambles off to collect something in the other room. Had the other room been any darker, Arc might've opted to follow. Everyone's concurrent actions sparked a realization. Everyone was gathering resources and suited for danger. Everyone's immediate actions reflected their personalities. Arc didn't understand herself yet and especially why she was inclined to sit and watch while everyone else scurried about. She didn't understand why she was excited and why she seemed to be the only one who was dubious about the state of things. Arc turns towards the open door. There was no inclination to walk through the door yet. Instead, she takes a seat at the bar, near Will. "Does it please you to serve me, Will?"

Ayaka had been staring into space for some time now, daydreaming, she assumed, although it was really more like doing nothing at all since she had no memories to base her daydreams upon. When she snapped back to reality, she noticed a location in the room where the light seemed to be leaking out of the white alcohol-filled box. "Did someone open the door? I wanted to burn it down! Oh well." She hoisted her metal thingy - that her brain told her was her weapon - onto her back. It was surprisingly light, but she didn't lose her balance and strode towards the now open door, pushing past Little Conqueror as she entered the unknown. "Last one out carries the food."

Sato/Will Colab

Sato grabbed the bottle by the neck while holding the bottom with his other hand. Red swirls flowed from within the container as he rolled it in his hands slightly. Sato sighed as he fiddled it the cork inside of the bottle. After a few attempts at getting the cork off, it finally gave up and popped off. The cork landed on the bar table while Sato stuck his index finger in the bottle and poured the contents onto it. He put the bottle back on the counter for a moment while sticking the dripping finger into his mouth for a taste. It was almost unbearable as the little amount touched his tongue. The bitter taste made Sato's face recoil into itself before spitting the liquid towards an empty corner of the room.

Will looked at him and sighed. [GLOW=black]"I said not to drink that, didn't I?"[/GLOW] She shook her head as if she believed her words would fall on deaf ears, but giggled proudly as she continued, [GLOW=black]"Wait a moment, I'll go get the other half of the Dragon's Spit. You should see it in it's full glory."[/GLOW] Turning her back to him, she scanned the back wall searching for her special bottle hidden behind the others.

Sato put the cork back in the bottle while grabbing the neck again. This is going to be slightly loud. He thought to himself raising the Dragon Spit over his head. Sato swung down the container onto the counter, breaking the bottle and spraying the drink all over the bar, the patrons close to him, and Sato himself slightly.
Will froze in place at the sound and her back being drenched, but didn't turn around.
Shards of glass scattered across the room, most hitting the back of the bar. Sato held a half broken bottle in his hands dripping with its previous contents, falling out of the broken end. Sato took his shirt and wiped the rest of the drink from the weapon. He scraped the sharp end on the counter, making small marks and kicking up splinters.
Will's body shivered with each scraping sound.
Sato brushed off the parts and placed the weapon into his bag. A smile grew on his face as his objective was complete.

Will was completely still for a few moments, before finally looking up towards the ceiling and breathing deeply. Turning around to finally face Sato, she had her unchanging smile plastered on her face again. Her expression held no animosity in it, though it wasn't hard to notice her hands gripping and twisting her clothes furiously.

[GLOW=black][/GLOW][GLOW=black]"Has… the bar counter done something to offend you?"[/GLOW] Will asked with her calm, soothing voice, but her hands looked ready to tear apart her own clothes. Although that part of the Dragon's Spit was replaceable, she did not like the fact that quite a few of these new Vanguards acted like they could get away with anything.

Sato quickly got rid of his smile and starting internally cowering in fear. He did not mean to make anyone angry. At least not yet. Sato sat down on a nearby bar stool and started quickly mumbling out words. "...Sorry...Did...Mean...Can't...Sorry." He curled himself as small as possible while sitting on the tiny bar stool.

Her smile shrank a bit as she tried listening to him, but his quiet voice was too small to reach her. Sighing once more, Will internally forced her fury to subside and placed her hands on her hips. They were still balled into fists, but at least they weren't damaging her clothes anymore. She took a step closer to Sato and tilted her head, waiting for him to try again.

[GLOW=black][/GLOW][GLOW=black]"I'm not… mad,"[/GLOW] she started softly, though her emphasis on "mad" suggested otherwise. [GLOW=black][/GLOW][GLOW=black]"But can you tell me why you...?"[/GLOW] She gestured at the wet counter.

Sato pulled his face up to Will, a flying squid hovering around him. "I smashed the bottle because I have nothing to fight with. I did not mean to make you mad. But I can't leave without something. I could not test it on anything else, especially on anyone else. I do not have the medical supplies to do that yet! The whiskey is a start but that just kills bacteria. The drink on you was too potent, it would have killed live cells and would have eaten your flesh as it was poured into it. Plus, I needed a way to cut things if we get into someplace with alot of things that we can not see. So I needed something sharp! I am very sorry…" Sato spit out the words, his bandages wrapping his face moving with his breath. He grabbed the bottled whiskey and quickly placed it in his bag, the hand oozing blood on his notes. Sato slinked back slightly and tensed his muscles, preparing for anything to come.

Will had raised her hand halfway through his speech, but noticed that he didn't seem to notice. She waited for his steam to run out itself, but she waited silently after it did in case he got any second breaths. When he stayed silent, she began herself.
[GLOW=black][/GLOW]
[GLOW=black]"You'll find many things in the world outside,"[/GLOW] she stated as she looked at the open door to the undiscovered world. She crossed her arms and looked at him authoritatively. [GLOW=black][/GLOW][GLOW=black]"One of those will be a replacement for the Dragon's Spit you wasted."[/GLOW] She raised her hand and pointed her thumb behind her at the stocked wall, but her mysterious smile returned. [GLOW=black][/GLOW][GLOW=black]"If you get me something I don't have, I'll consider forgiving you."[/GLOW] Her brows furrowed as she continued with the next part, [GLOW=black][/GLOW][GLOW=black]" And don't think that you'll get any more drinks until you do!"[/GLOW]

Sato nods after each sentence. If there is any way to make up for his trouble, he would do it. He relaxes himself as the end of her speech. Sato leans over the counter and gives Will a quick hug much to her surprise, "Thank you for understanding." He darts over to the door and looks at his group. "So? Are we ready to go?"

As the door opened, the light was blinding at first. The rays of the daytime shone in to the bar, causing Iskandar to cover his eyes with his arm. Once his eyes adjusted, he took a step outside and lowered his arm. What he saw simply astounded him. He was at a loss for words. They were in a clearing small clearing. However, their location was in the middle of a huge forest. Thick, tall trees that covered most of the sky. The sun breaking through the canopy in a couple areas. And yet, the sunlight was still strong enough to light up the area below. But that wasn't what truly amazed him. It was the fact that the entire forest was red. The color Crimson came to Iskandar's mind. It was like the color of blood.

The leaves all had a crimson hue. From the trees that stood tall, to the brush below. ".....A crimson forest. What a place for them to put us." He took a couple steps forward and turned his head to get a good look at his surroundings. There was no sign of life in the immediate area. Not even small creatures. The forest seemed to go on forever no matter which way he turned. When he turned to face the building they came from, he could only stare in utter disappointment. It looked as small on the outside as it did on the inside. "These gods could have been more creative with this haven."

He looked down at the ground, noticing that it seemed rather off. He crouched down and put his hand on the ground, Iskandar raising and eyebrow in curiosity. "It's not dirt. It certainly doesn't feel like how I would expect the ground to feel. Just where are we?" He got back up and sighed. With the surroundings seeming safe for now, Iskandar walked back in to the Haven. Will has speaking again, causing Iskandar to furrow his brows at her comments. "Well, first of all, splitting up shouldn't even be an option right now. It's a very easy way for everyone to get lost and or killed. We'd be best and strongest as a group than as individuals. As for the part about sharing thoughts and memories, I'm sure we'll discover how to use such a skill in due time."

Will stated that they were meant to grow with the world, and that they would be able to summon Will by calling her name. "Well, I hope you come with more rations and the bar when we call for you. That or at least knowledge of the surroundings and situation." Will's last piece of advice made Iskandar smile a bit. "Sorry, but right now it seems like we're going to need all the supplies we can get."

Iskandar turned his attention to the Vanguards that were up and moving around. He began speaking in a raised voice so that everyone in the Haven could hear him. "VANGUARDS! GATHER AROUND! YOUR LEADER HAS A GRASP ON OUR SURROUNDINGS!" He stopped for a moment before continuing on. "These gods have placed us in a most unusual area. This small haven lies somewhere deep within a most peculiar forest. No matter which way I looked, nothing but endless woodlands could be seen. The ground is not of dirt, but of some other very hard substance. The canopy above is thick, so daylight has some difficulty piercing down to the ground. Oh, and the entirety of the forest is of a crimson hue. That's right! They placed us in a crimson forest. The tree leaves, the brush, and even the tree trunks to some degree have some reddish tint to them. I did not see any wildlife, but that doesn't mean that the forest is devoid of life." His eyes scanned across the room, going from vanguard to vanguard.

"The best bet would be to try and get a view from the treetops in order to get a better idea just how deep within this forest we are. That is unless our most gracious bartender has knowledge she wishes to share. Once we are all outside, we'll discuss further action!"
----------
screenshot0002.jpg

Reactions: Crysodic
Anzo's arm was involuntarily pulled back for a brief moment, breaking his train of thoughts and forcing him to focus on what had suddenly grabbed him. He saw the little girl he addressed earlier and smiled warmly, but of course the small girl would only see the faceless suit of armor silently looming over her. Anzo mentally congratulated her courage and willpower as he noticed her trembling frame. He didn't think of himself as a scary person but he recognized that his size and faceless, deep voice could be intimidating, especially for someone as small as her.

Of course, the last thing Anzo expected from the scared little girl was to be rebuked. Her calm statements starkly contrasted her frightened body. Her concern was not unfounded, as well. Anzo was impressed, if a little hurt by her choice of words. Soiling the—? Ha! He began chuckling as he digested her words, She has a sharp tongue on her! He looked back at the food and sheets, then past the girl towards the open door opposite of the bar. He scoffed playfully, mentally admonishing himself for not checking up on such a detail earlier. Still, who'd have thought the first words from the girl's lips would be so cold! A chill ran up Anzo's spine when he imagined her tongue as a grown woman, and he stifled a laugh.

While there were some parts he agreed with, her main concern was not shared by Anzo; Anzo was convinced that they could survive the cold without the sheets by sticking close together, but food was absolutely critical. He didn't think that many of them—himself included—would be able to find and hunt safe things to eat in the unknown wilds. Plus, it'd be a different story if these were blankets or fur patches, but these were thin cloth sheets. At best it could lessen the wind's bite, but the cold would soak through it uncontested.

However, Anzo decided against defusing her woes. She fought against her fears and confronted him with her thoughts. Anzo felt that it was his duty to respond to concerns, not tell her to abandon them. Thinking for a moment, he immediately grabbed a sheet and swung it over Kijin, letting it fall around her shoulders before pulling the edges together.

"You could definitely fit your little friend in there," he declared slowly as he looked towards the bow-girl, pretending to be deep in thought. He chuckled heartily as he continued, "But you're right about me not checking the place out first. How 'bout this: You check outside for me, see if we need to keep the sheets clean and toasty, and I'll see if I can nab us a few bags from the bartender. If the worst comes to the worst, some people can share the covers."

Anzo stood up from his crouched position and glanced at the food. When he looked back at her, he laughed softly. He loomed over her now more than ever. Wanting to quickly break whatever intimidating aura he had, he twisted his upper body so that his back was facing her and flexed both his arms upwards. After a brief pause, he straightened his body to face her again and flexed his arms downwards. Finishing this pause, he leaned heavily to the left, flexing his right arm up again while extending his left arm parallel to his shoulders. It was quite an embarrassing pose, but Anzo would rather have the girl laugh at him than tremble in fear.

"And don't worry about about carrying things! This much won't slow me down; I'm much stronger than I look!" He boasted with a roaring, boisterous laugh. He knew that even someone as big and strong as him couldn't possibly hold all of that food, but he didn't want the girl to think it was wrong for him to bring as much food as possible along. Of course, doing this while also making sure she wasn't wrong in her own way was tricky, but he believed he handled it well enough.

And I look pretty damn strong! He complimented himself mentally with a cheeky grin.

"Does it please you to serve me, Will?"

Will turned her attention to the armored Vanguard and raised an eyebrow. With the group's current antics, Will was apprehensive on agreeing that serving them "pleased" her, but she kept that to herself. Putting on her smile and ignoring the uncomfortable dampness on her back, Will stepped over to the female Vanguard and reached under the counter.

[GLOW=black]"Hopefully you'll find somewhere to clean yourself off out there, but for now,"[/GLOW] Will offered a dry rag to wipe the excess alcohol away. Arc accepted the rag and began drying up the mess Sato had left on the counter. Will chuckled lightly with Arc's choice to wipe the counter instead of herself, but was secretly happy for the help. She reached under the counter for another rag and started wiping down the counter along with Arc.

[GLOW=black]"It pleases me to exist,"[/GLOW] Will mused half-heartedly, finally answering her initial question. [GLOW=black]"Serving Vanguards is just a benefit of that."[/GLOW]

It was then that the boisterous Vanguard returned and responded to her information. Will tilted her head curiously at him for a moment, then realization hit her face. She laughed softly and shook her head.

[GLOW=black]"A nice tip for the outside world is to not ask for information after threatening to ransack someone's home,"[/GLOW] she playfully chided him, amused by his thought process. However, all anger and anxiety melted from her body, and her mysterious and unchanging smile faded away as soon as he began describing the world just outside that door. She released the rag she was using to clean the table and she slowly walked along the counter towards the young Vanguard's voice. It wasn't until he suggested Will had more information to spare that she snapped back, and she nervously laughed.

[GLOW=black]"But, I don't have any information about what is outside that door,"[/GLOW] she admitted, her smile regaining its full force.

[GLOW=black]"It pleases me to exist,"[/GLOW] Will mused half-heartedly, finally answering her initial question. [GLOW=black]"Serving Vanguards is just a benefit of that."[/GLOW]
Arc is very much content with the answer. She can trust Will, she decides. She finishes wiping the odd liquid then collects the glass shards on the table, huddling them into a pile. Then, reluctantly, she stands up from her chair and begins to wipe away the odd liquid from her breastplate. She finds the smell unpleasant. It was the first time she smelled alcohol but some premonition gives her the impression she would not like to drink anything of the sort. She sets the dripping rag on the counter, near the flask's shards. So far, some of the other Vanguard have presented themselves rather poorly, acting as though they own the place just as soon as they'd been born. A real home is earned, not given. Some of the people about bother her. They are great powerful souls but they are not very amiable. Powerful beings treading around, with their own stubborn convictions, can cause little but chaos. Would a voice of reason deter them? She looks over towards the door, where the outside world is. She doesn't want to go. She can't tell if it is any brighter or darker outside. She looks over towards Anzo and the girls. They seem to be having a conversation. She wonders if they are planning to go. She could, at least, bear their company. She waits, watching what they do.

Ayaka scoffed. "And who made you the leader? You're not even an adult yet. For your information, this ground is made of a substance called 'stone'. It's like dirt, except it's in one solid lump instead of many small grains." She tried to sound as patronising as she could be, which was pretty damn patronising. "And besides, this is a world of the gods right? There's no point climbing up to see what's there. Gods get bored easily. All we need to do is keep walking in the same direction and eventually we'll find something. Or they'll create something new to entertain themselves. Honestly, Little Conqueror, the only thing that qualifies you to be a leader is that you're the most arrogant person here."

Iskandar simply smirks at WIll and Ayaka as they speak. "It is not a threat to ransack your place. Especially when the gods above will make sure this place remains as it was when we arrived, when we leave. It is a matter of making sure we are well stocked since we don't know what we'll find and when. Otherwise, we'd have to continually come back here for fluids, and we'd make no progress. It's much easier to take what we need so we don't have to hang around here." He then turned his attention to the cocky girl with the giant gun. "What makes me leader is that I'm willing to take the initiative and lead this group, as well as I see the challenges and conquest you fail to see." He looked back towards the outside. "The ground is no ordinary stone then. It doesn't feel like normal stone." He took a breath and continued. "Also, there's no guaranteeing that they'll just make an end to the forest and give us somewhere new to go to satisfy their entertainment. They could have put traps, dangers, large beasts, and more out there. Things that would test our ability to survive and push forward. Those could be equally entertaining to these childish gods that look down at us from on high. Just because the area surrounding this haven is clear does not mean the rest of the forest is too. There'd be no point to making new lands if we can't even survive in the first." He turned back to look at Ayaka with a serious glare. "Unless you are demanding that the gods hand the entire world to us on a silver platter. That just makes you as childish and foolish as they are. I for one would not assume such with my army." He grabbed the hilt of his sword. "If you think you're better suited to lead, then stand forth and challenge me! I shall not hold back against some woman with a giant paper weight! But you better come at me with the resolve of a king or I shall slice you down without a second thought..." He drew his sword ready to move if need be.
------------------
tumblr_lupmrkHcpF1qb7oqao1_500.jpg

"Only a fool resorts to violence before reason, and I am going to use that as my final proof that you are unfit to lead. You are headstrong and stupid and with your current attitude, you will be the one falling into the gods' traps. Who says there is anything to conquer? Why do we need to conquer anything? You are shortsighted to think that we would be the most important creatures in this world. There may be other vanguards we don't yet know about. Maybe they are the main characters, and we are just here to test how strong the challenges for those people are going to be? And, it seems to me that you know not how the mind of a child functions, despite being little more than one yourself. There is no reason to expect endless traps in an endless forest. There are likely many gods, and they will disagree on matters. Each will have their own ideas about what to do, thus it is illogical to assume they will be fine with keeping us in an eternal environment." She turned her back to the arrogant little boy, and began to walk in whichever direction she felt like, before stopping. She didn't turn her head as she spoke. "You desire only power. You think you have some divine right to rule. You think you are the strongest who can overcome anything thrown at them. That's not how the real world works, boy. Step out of your delusional fantasy or we're all going to end up dead." Now she changed her tone to a more neutral one, to address everyone. "Anyone wishing to follow me is welcome to do so. No point standing around forever, and Little Conqueror doesn't have any better plan. For now, his is the same as mine. Walk around until we find something."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mite and Crysodic
"You speak down to the person stepping up to take charge and lead this group out of here, and yet you have no better plan than the one I have already given. If anyone here is arrogant and does not know their place, it is you. You'll wander around aimlessly in the forest without knowing how far it goes or what lies deeper in. You'll wait for these gods to present you an end to the forest as if you automatically deserve it. I, on the other hand, plan to take proactive action to locate a means out of here. There is too much we don't know, and sticking together under the guide of a leader will see that our numbers remain as they are." He turned to the door and let go of the handle of his sword. "You, arrogant old hag, are not even worth dirtying my blade. A true leader is not determined by age, but by their qualities. They must embody the extremes of all traits. They must be louder, have more passion and drive than everyone else. They must have the strength to lead and fight, to never back down and flee. To be able to ignite and keep alive the flames of aspiration in the hearts and souls of all that would follow said leader. That is what makes a true leader, and a king. You, who fail to realize this, are barely worthy to be a subject, let alone a leader. Any who would challenge this conviction, I shall gladly face head on and show you the might of a leader! Those that wish to escape this forest quickly, meet with me outside." He headed outside into the forest and slammed the door behind him. While outside, he grabbed the hilt of his sword and kept watch for anything moving amongst the trees.

• Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: ☆Luna☆ and Mite
Having resolved that conflict, Ayaka leaned against the now closed-again door and turned to face the other vanguards. "See what I mean? He's too childish to be a good leader. But in the end, who you choose to follow is up to you. Your choices are: 1. Barbaric and overconfident 'glorious knight' who has decided to beat everything into a pulp until it respects his authority, 2. Analytical and intelligent but probably somewhat of an asshole character who wants to watch this world and see where we fit in instead of forcing our way to the top of the food chain, or 3. a third alternative chosen from the people who remain in this room. Pick soon."

Last edited:
Reactions: ☆Luna☆
Although Kijin had planned to better articulate her thoughts about being a Vanguard, she found herself interrupted by a wonderfully manly voice. Although there was clearly no need for concern, the combined might of his tone and gaunt of his body were more than enough to intimidate the small Kijin. Though she was noticeably protective of her center, and she sent off a good string of nervous gestures, Kijin couldn't help but sense a kind of joy in this man that she had yet to experience. Though, to be fair, she felt the same way about the friendship she had begun to form with Kaliya.

Kijin was doing fairly well with keeping eye contact with Anzo, until his thunderous laugh actually somewhat unpleasant to hear in such a confined space. It was at this point she winced for a good three seconds before watching him take bed sheets with him, looking intently at the rations provided in the white room laid out on tables next to the bedsides. It looked like he was thinking about hauling the food with him. But using the bedsheets might not prove wise. While it will definitely do the job, he would be sacrificing warmth without even checking what the area outside looked like.

Kijin stood up from the bed to try to convey this thought to Anzo, but suddenly she felt really small. Not just in the sense of height either, but simply, insignificant. Was it really her place to tell a battle hardened veteran knight something they don't already know? He might just find it annoying, or even worse, insulting. Kijin wanted to simply pretend she had never thought the thought at all, but as she retreated towards Kaliya, and a different fear took over her. She saw Kaliya freezing in the cold night because there were no blankets nor other forms of shelter from the cold. It was for this brief moment that Kijin felt terrified that there was no right answer; however, in her heart she knew what she had to do.

Resolving herself, she walked over towards Anzo, and tugged at his arm to get his attention. Although she tried to look calm, her heart was beating a million miles an hour, and it showed. The only part of her body that showed her determination was her eyes, which although looking basically upward toward Anzo nonetheless cared great concern. Although Kijin's voice is still young and she feels very nervous, she speaks in an extremely composed manner. "Excuse me, but, if you were thinking of using the sheets to carry food, you should check what the conditions outside are. The food is important, but warmth can be even more important. There is a bar next to us, and we haven't checked to see if they have something we can use to carry the food. Also, while it is human nature to want to conserve food, realistically we can't carry all this food without slowing us down. Since we don't have a means of taking a lot of food, we should survey the area outside. Most importantly, the food is safe here. If we have to run away from something, or if something else were to happen to the food, it would be hard to recover. So, until we have more certainty, could you avoid soiling the sheets?"

Immediately after she said it though, Kijin regretted it. She wouldn't even care if she was struck. How did she just say all that? Kijin looks downward in shame, just seconds away from delivering an apology.
Anzo's arm was involuntarily pulled back for a brief moment, breaking his train of thoughts and forcing him to focus on what had suddenly grabbed him. He saw the little girl he addressed earlier and smiled warmly, but of course the small girl would only see the faceless suit of armor silently looming over her. Anzo mentally congratulated her courage and willpower as he noticed her trembling frame. He didn't think of himself as a scary person but he recognized that his size and faceless, deep voice could be intimidating, especially for someone as small as her.

Of course, the last thing Anzo expected from the scared little girl was to be rebuked. Her calm statements starkly contrasted her frightened body. Her concern was not unfounded, as well. Anzo was impressed, if a little hurt by her choice of words. Soiling the—? Ha! He began chuckling as he digested her words, She has a sharp tongue on her! He looked back at the food and sheets, then past the girl towards the open door opposite of the bar. He scoffed playfully, mentally admonishing himself for not checking up on such a detail earlier. Still, who'd have thought the first words from the girl's lips would be so cold! A chill ran up Anzo's spine when he imagined her tongue as a grown woman, and he stifled a laugh.

While there were some parts he agreed with, her main concern was not shared by Anzo; Anzo was convinced that they could survive the cold without the sheets by sticking close together, but food was absolutely critical. He didn't think that many of them—himself included—would be able to find and hunt safe things to eat in the unknown wilds. Plus, it'd be a different story if these were blankets or fur patches, but these were thin cloth sheets. At best it could lessen the wind's bite, but the cold would soak through it uncontested.

However, Anzo decided against defusing her woes. She fought against her fears and confronted him with her thoughts. Anzo felt that it was his duty to respond to concerns, not tell her to abandon them. Thinking for a moment, he immediately grabbed a sheet and swung it over Kijin, letting it fall around her shoulders before pulling the edges together.

"You could definitely fit your little friend in there," he declared slowly as he looked towards the bow-girl, pretending to be deep in thought. He chuckled heartily as he continued, "But you're right about me not checking the place out first. How 'bout this: You check outside for me, see if we need to keep the sheets clean and toasty, and I'll see if I can nab us a few bags from the bartender. If the worst comes to the worst, some people can share the covers."

Anzo stood up from his crouched position and glanced at the food. When he looked back at her, he laughed softly. He loomed over her now more than ever. Wanting to quickly break whatever intimidating aura he had, he twisted his upper body so that his back was facing her and flexed both his arms upwards. After a brief pause, he straightened his body to face her again and flexed his arms downwards. Finishing this pause, he leaned heavily to the left, flexing his right arm up again while extending his left arm parallel to his shoulders. It was quite an embarrassing pose, but Anzo would rather have the girl laugh at him than tremble in fear.

"And don't worry about about carrying things! This much won't slow me down; I'm much stronger than I look!" He boasted with a roaring, boisterous laugh. He knew that even someone as big and strong as him couldn't possibly hold all of that food, but he didn't want the girl to think it was wrong for him to bring as much food as possible along. Of course, doing this while also making sure she wasn't wrong in her own way was tricky, but he believed he handled it well enough.

And I look pretty damn strong! He complimented himself mentally with a cheeky grin.
Kaliya

Kaliya had approached Anzo who had been preparing to leave while Kaliya was speaking, she had hung back a ltitle from the two for a moment as she was thinking... However, soon enough, she cleared her throat a little "I wanna check outside with her!" she spoke up, amazingly quiet despite the enthusiasm in her voice. Though, she had spoken loud enough to be heard at the very least, she kept glancing at the door a little before glancing back at Anzo briefly, rubbing her chin a little as she thought about his comment about fitting her inside the blankets "Heh... I hope it doesn't have to come to that..." she thought to herself. She stretched herself out a little, starting to realize just how stiff she had gotten when she had fallen onto the floor; she made a mental note to make some precautions next time she slept, otherwise she might hurt herself next time.

Though, it quickly dawned upon her that such things were probably the least of her concerns... What if there were big scary monsters waiting outside? Or a freezing cold tundra? Or a steaming hot desert? They've never had a proper look outside after all. Someone would eventually have to head out though and scout the place out, and, with that in mind, Kaliya started heading towards the door, reaching for the handle, but, she stopped for a moment "I'm taking a peek outside! I'll be back in just a moment..." she said, reaching towards the door handle once more, and this time, tugging on it lightly... Then, she pulled it open to see what might await her outside; she could recall that someone else had also gone outside, but, she didn't catch who it was. Maybe she'd run into them later? But, she was already jumping the gun, she was planning on waiting to see if Kijin, and perhaps a few others might join her...​

Kijin let out a small laugh at the way Anzo decided to handle the situation. While she was worried about damaging the man's ego, in actuality the man seemed like a big iron teddy bear. Not only did he make sure that Kijin had something to protect Kaliya and herself since they were the most vulnerable, but he seemed to understand my fear. After all, he looked so goofy the way he tried to show me that he was strong enough to carry large sums of food. This was particularly hilarious to Kijin, as there was no way she'd be able to see him flex through such thick metal plating. Besides, it wasn't even him that she was worried about. Kijin felt a tense air coming from the bar, and she'd been worried about those who were willing to sack the bar. Although it was probably rude to ignore Anzo and Kaliya, Kijin wanted to see what the bar group's plans were for exploring the unknown.

The problem with stealing from the bar is not so much a moral one as it is a dynamic one. If you show others that you are willing to harm others for your personal gain, then in the back of their mind, the thought that one day they'd be your target is seeded in their mind. Kijin herself was immediately fearful that she would become the target of their lust or bloodlust when they were so casually able to say they want to rob someone blind. It is like the old saying goes, there is no honor among thieves. And among these thieves, there might not be any brains either. Getting drunk in the wilderness isn't something they can afford to do in an unknown area, and for the amount they can carry, they may as well just ask nicely. Instead they are going to make enemies with a person connected to haven. Kijin wanted to taunt that they were idiots, but kept the message internally so that she didn't get herself beat up over it.

Though, with the beginnings of an argument forming Kijin walked up past the threshold of the bar, trying to stay out of the brunt of things. Hopefully if she listened, she'd get a better idea of who these people are, and what they want. The results of which, were extremely fruitful. Kijin in particular, was dazzled with the kingly figure's side of the argument. Kijin had a much more modern style of thought, so the idea of kings and their place in the world was very foreign to her. Plus, although he was much pushier about the way he wanted to do things, the kingly figure had much the same plan as her. She wanted to get an idea of what the area around us looked like while they were close to haven so that they could properly face what lies ahead. Also, while she didn't want to rob the barkeep, she did want to stock up on fluids, particularly ones of a non-alcoholic nature. Though more than anything else, Kijin saw in the figure something brilliant and blazing. He had a passion to be a figure so dazzling that everyone would aspire to achieve as he does. The fault she had with the king was not that he was particularly childish, but instead, that he didn't recognize how his ego promoted treachery in the group. He simply appointed himself leader, and seeks to prove it with strength; however, when someone cannot beat another in a fair fight, they tend to look for chinks in their armor.

For all the older girl's boasts, it was pretty obvious that she was speaking entirely out of a disdain for the kingly figure rather than out of an objective disagreement. She was certainly a critical thinking type just like Kijin, but she seemed to think that her ability to think and analyze made her a better leader, when in actuality she'd be much better at being a supporter. Kijin could tell at a glance that the older girl was more or less a loose cannon that disliked authority, and had an elevated opinion of herself. These kinds of people actually thrive off of being able to be the best at what they do. Having a leader who can see their strengths and set them up for success while simultaneously trusting their area of expertise makes them happy. Being a leader, they can't obtain a complete understanding of their teammates, and often prioritize the respect of their authority over more important objectives.

And honestly, the fact that both of them expected everyone to pick sides was probably a showing that both of them are acting childish. Kijin sighs, as the adults were acting more childish than she was. Challenging the older girl to a battle of wits would be the worst option, as even though she might end up ahead, there is no way her ego would allow her to concede to an 11 year old. That is why, I'm going to try to change the priorities with the limited influence I have. Currently the biggest thing going for me is that as a young member, people will be concerned for my safety, so I need to use that to gain their attention where otherwise I'd be ignored, but also not come off as a victim, or I'll never have their respect. As dysfunctional as this group is, they all had some amazing potential. Though, Kijin couldn't help but get nervous around them. After all, even if she was wise for her age, that was no substitute for actual experience, nor could she protect herself should it come to the worst. The only way Kijin knew to move forward, was to prioritize this group staying together at least until they have the tools they need to survive on their own.

Kijin runs after the king right after he slams the door. Calling out to the rest of the group, "I don't care who ends up being the leader. I'm going to make sure that he comes back safely." Kijin darts out the door to avoid being stopped by anyone. Obviously she knew the king person was no safer with her than without, but maybe she could get someone to come with her. Plus, it would be a chance for Kijin to fill the king person in on Anzo's plans to carry food.

Iskandar stood there quietly keeping an eye on the surroundings. His gaze diverted upwards to the canopy, trying to get an idea of where the sun was. It was futile, however, since the treetops were so thick. "This is going to be tricky." It was then that the door opened, causing Iskandar's attention and gaze to shift behind him. The young female archer came running outside, putting a smile on Iskandar's face. "You're the first to join, huh? I give my gratitude for you choosing my side. It won't be easy, but I'll make sure you and everyone that joins me gets out of here safely."

Joining them next was the little girl Kijin. Iskandar crouched down with a smile at her. "And you're the second. That makes you a brave soul indeed. I'll make sure to stay out of harm." He got back up and focused his attention back to the canopy. "I still believe it is best to climb a tree and get a view above the canopy. It is difficult to ascertain which direction is which from down here. The canopy is too thick to see where the sun is. Once we establish compass directionals as well as get an idea of what the greater land looks like, we can decide on how to move. It's better than that witch's decision to wander the forest aimlessly waiting for the gods to come to our aid."

Iskandar stood there quietly keeping an eye on the surroundings. His gaze diverted upwards to the canopy, trying to get an idea of where the sun was. It was futile, however, since the treetops were so thick. "This is going to be tricky." It was then that the door opened, causing Iskandar's attention and gaze to shift behind him. The young female archer came running outside, putting a smile on Iskandar's face. "You're the first to join, huh? I give my gratitude for you choosing my side. It won't be easy, but I'll make sure you and everyone that joins me gets out of here safely."

Joining them next was the little girl Kijin. Iskandar crouched down with a smile at her. "And you're the second. That makes you a brave soul indeed. I'll make sure to stay out of harm." He got back up and focused his attention back to the canopy. "I still believe it is best to climb a tree and get a view above the canopy. It is difficult to ascertain which direction is which from down here. The canopy is too thick to see where the sun is. Once we establish compass directionals as well as get an idea of what the greater land looks like, we can decide on how to move. It's better than that witch's decision to wander the forest aimlessly waiting for the gods to come to our aid."
Kijin looks intently towards the king, "Thank you for your concern. I'll do my best not to make myself a burden. I wanted to inform you that Anzo the knight is currently making preparations to transport the provisions for our journey. Once we've scouted out the horizon, I'll report back to him what sort of terrain we are to travel. If you are climbing a tree, have Kaliya cover you in the case something tries to attack you while you are climbing. She is an archer, so she'll be useful in that capacity. My name is Kijin. I don't have any combat skills nor am I very strong, but I have excellent kinetic vision, and I'll try to assist you in every way I can." Kijin takes a deep breath, as she always gets tense talking to strangers, and it takes a lot of her concentration and willpower to keep her calm when she is addressing someone. However, if she was going to prove that she was reliable, she knew she had to talk in a way that was understandable at all times.

endless-bummer.regular.png

Sato looked out at the Crimson Forest as the people bickered about such things. He was entranced by the thoughts of what could be out there that he could learn. His dream was cut as the red outside suddenly turned into a brown door. Sato nodded as the person with a huge cannon talking about choosing a leader. "I choose...two." Sato said in his soft tone. Then he waved to the group still in the bar and quickly exited, closing the door behind him again as he left.
The group outside were discussing some plans about something. "I still believe it is best to climb a tree and get a view above the canopy." Sato recalled hearing as he walked to the nearest tree. He ran his palm down the rough tree bark; It still had some grip. Sato looked at the rest of the tree, and decided to look at a few others. He repeated the process of touching the nearby trees until his sixth one. The tree had a very rough exterior and strong but low hanging branches. A grin formed on Sato's face as he saw the leaves on the branches. Oaks. Many, many oaks. He thought while getting his mind settled. The first branch allowed Sato's weight and then some. He started to climb to the top, as his bag pushed and pulled him different ways.

Sato reached up for a sizeable branch halfway up the tree, but suddenly jerked downwards as the branch supporting his feet gave way. He yelped as his hands nearly lost their grip on the halfway point. Sato started to internally panic as his lower half was dangling free and his hands starting to fail him. Well. Here I die. Climbing a tree. He thought as bark started to dig into his skin. Sato took one last look at the branches above and saw something strange on one of the last ones.A Yellow Coneflower stood proudly on the branch, staring down at him as if to mock his failure. He could not let this stand. One of the rarest flowers. Is right there and I am going to die. Not before I research it! Sato dug his fingers into the bark and used all of his might to force his body upwards. His hands were trembling and bloodied, his soul nearly in pieces, and his energy gone. But Sato was alive, his back on the trunk of the tree and his feet dangling on either side of the branch. Thoughts melted together as he looked back up at the flower. The plant was nowhere to be seen. Sato, exhausted, managed to look down on the three at the door. "Oh. I am not joining you. If anything, I think you should have climbed this in the first place," Sato said down to the group, allowing his head to prop back on the trunk. "What kind of leader has his people do everything? Pitch in. Or offer at least."

Iskandar watched as yet another joined them outside. The young, fit Sato bumped their group up to four people. It seemed to Iskandar that the people inside realized that between the two competitors for leader, he was the better candidate. Sato said not a word, but instead moved to the trees and began to feel and examine them. He stopped at one and began to climb. That was fantastic for the group. A subject willing to take the initiative to do a job that needs to be done. Sato stuggled up the tree, but managed to get up in one piece. He then spoke down to them with words that sounded like like he was whining over some work. Iskandar merely looked up at Sato before putting him in his place. "You came out here where the main group is forming, choosing to handle the task of reconnaissance. I did not order you to do it, but instead you chose it of your own free will. I was originally planning on getting up there so I could think of our next destination while up there, but now you're up there. So do not talk to the leader of this group with such entitlement in your voice! We each have a part to play in the group's survival, and right now you are making your use! Once you break through the canopy, see what lies on the horizons! If you make it down without further complaining like a child, I'll have Anzo give you a drink and let you hang in back for a bit as a reward. Iskandar turned his attention to Kijin, smiling at her. "Doing what you can will be enough. I'm sure you'll try your hardest on our journey, and I can't ask for more." Iskandar then turned his attention to the door to the Haven, waiting for Anzo and anyone else that might come along.
-------------------
1373572035497.jpg

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.