World Synapse | The Fragmented Shard Saga |

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tsu

Original poster
To the rich, to the poor, to the young, and the old. It is by no mistake that you have received my letter. Many of you will see my words as the rambling of a madman. But perhaps some of you will find my proposal worth your ever precious time.

Have you ever wondered about yourself? Specifically, the mundane life that you live, day to day, among the rest of the human race. Do you feel validated by your accomplishments or by the dreams that you pray will bring you future success? As a person, would you consider yourself a cog of society--one who has forsaken any sense of individuality, uniqueness, and flair? Or are you a deviant who threatens the balance of everything that society finds comfortable?

Philosophy aside, as it is quite meaningless in the grand scope of our temporal existence, I have one question that I must ask of you:

Are you content with your place in the current world?

If your answer is yes, then you may discard this letter and continue to live your life, unchanged by my words. But, if your answer is no, and this letter has spurred interest and curiosity deep within your conscious. Then I extend you a cordial invitation to the address below.

3301 Fracture Technologies Way, Building C
Rosendale, New Jersey, 07502
United States

There are great expectations with your attendance, but please be warned--everything you hold dear and true will be shattered by the truth.

Yours truly,
Magus Aldricht

Synopsis of the History

In the year 2021, Fracture Technologies claimed the global spotlight when they announced the sudden release of their revolutionary product known as the Shard. The Shard was a small wearable device, similar to a thin headset, that allowed its user to access a national server that was hosted by Fracture. This server stored customizable, virtual renders that were projected onto the existing world through the impossible hardware contained within the Shard. Unlike other AR/VR products which gave the user a "faked" virtual experience, the Shard provided a full-on integration that promised to fool even the most stoic of critics. Shard's motto was "A virtual experience, so real, it might as well be a fantasy world we live in now."

Because the Shard was promised at an affordable price for the general public, many day to day elements were given the potential for pioneering change. Education could embrace real time demonstrations and re-enactments instead of vocal lecture and text; MMORPGS and ESPORTS could utilize everyday life as their game worlds; the potential for Shard's use and growth was endless--at least until the dreams came to a sudden close. A month before the first, external beta test; an explosion ripped through the core of Fracture's development wing and rendered the facility a ruin overnight. As a result of the accident, nearly all of Fracture's resources were lost, including the brilliant mind who fathered the Shard Project, Magus Aldricht.

What to expect from the Roleplay?

World Synapse is a blend between modern life and the fantasy/supernatural genre. Characters that are accepted into this roleplay are nothing more than ordinary people who were tantalized by the mysterious letter they received from the deceased Magus.

I am looking for a smaller sized group (~ 5 people) for a fantastical adventure that I plan to stretch several arcs. If you like the sound of a detailed, story driven roleplay then look no further!

Overall, I'm looking for peeps who can produce some quality posts and are willing to stick around for the near and far future.

Please ask me any questions that come to mind. I will try my best to answer it without spoiling any "need-not-know" information about the plot.

• Love
Reactions: Starlighter
sry i'm a bit confused, is this where we enter the character sheets? and is there a character sheet we need to fill out?

Status
Not open for further replies.