| World Synapse : Arc 2 Gardania |

When would you like the Roleplay to start?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, so, sorry for the late reply. RIP me.

I'm going to have to start typing almost all of my replies on my phone, due to some personal problems at home. (I'm sure you know why.) Anyways, this might cause some late replies by like, an hour or two. If they're late, they'll be up almost immediately after I wake up. So, there's that. Sorry.

I'll try and keep up.

| PERSONAL DETAILS |
SURNAME:
Ashford
FORENAME: Matthew
SEX: Male
ETHNIC BACKGROUND:
AFRICAN AMERICAN -- HISPANIC -- ASIAN -- CAUCASIAN -- OTHER
[ ] -- [ ] -- [ ] -- [X] -- [ ]

| PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION |
//Please attach a picture of yourself along with a physical description
Akihito_Kanbara.jpg

Standing at 5'9'' with a slim frame, Matthew isn't the most built-up of boys his age. He has tussled, straw-blonde hair and amber coloured eyes. Like his body frame, he has quite a thin and long face and commonly wears a drawn-out expression to accommodate it. He frequently wears smart attire such as button-up shirts, cardigans, blazers and tidy trousers or sophisticated jeans. His favourite explanation for such a style is that he is "dapper" and "cultured". Other than that, he is mostly an average, young, British male with no outstandingly distinctive features besides fair and pale skin.

| EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION |
Are you currently enrolled in high school?

YES - - NO
[ ] -- [X]
If so, what is your reason for transferring to our school?

N/A

If you have been enrolled into high school, but are not currently enrolled, please state why.

Preparing to take his GCSE exams in sunny ol' England, Matthew's family were grief-stricken by the sudden loss of Matthew's father in a work related accident. Missing most of his year due to depression and mourning, Matthew fell heavily behind in his grades and had to remain home to support his mother who was also receding from her daily functionality. Matthew and his mother both looked at options to try and overcome the grief but the memories that lingered at home seemed too much. Matthew's mother was American and her brother still lived in Portland. So, on an offer to emigrate, the grieving duo set off to their new life across the Atlantic with nothing left for them back in England. Matthew has enrolled in the local high school to resume his education where he left off, hoping that he may get along with his life.
What year of high school are you intending to enroll into?
1ST -- 2ND -- 3RD -- 4TH
[ ] -- [X] -- [ ] -- [ ]

| Entrance Examination|
Here in Ravenwood Academy, we believe the key to a great future is the ability to learn at your own pace, within an environment that best suits you. That being said, Ravenwood Academy has certain standards that we wish to uphold in respect toward the esteemed image that our academy was founded upon. Entrance into Ravenwood Academy requires a solid foundation in writing talent. A skill that we believe is a cornerstones in the development of a student’s life.
  1. Writing: Each individual holds a dream that defines their future even if this dream has yet to blossom. In two or more paragraphs, describe an image which defines who you wish to be as a individual in today's society
Many people can copy writing from a textbook, many people can recite the information that has been spoon-fed to them; those who are really gifted and talented innovate, they create something new from the tenacity of their own brains. I wish to be one of these people. My goal for my future is to be a man my parents can be proud of, a man that people younger than I can idolize and look up to, a man that will spread joy and change the world for the better. I wish to be a designer, an architect of the future. Witnessing those that have done so before and experiencing the ecstasy that they have woven with their minds has made me truly believe that they are the magicians of the real world. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

From a young age, I have been fascinated by technology, dazzled by the wonders that we humans have created using it. Not to sound like a walking hyperbole but from as long as I can remember I have wielded a controller in my hand, playing games and immersing myself in worlds I never knew could have existed. Most of my extra curricular studies, all the way back to primary school, were based on the gaming industry. Where most other children were obsessed with merely playing games, I wanted to create them, I wanted to learn how they worked. Grief is one of the darkest places any human can go, it's a black hole that sucks you in and never releases its grasp for as long as you exist on this world. For me, Video Games allowed me to escape this world. They gave me such joy and that is something I would like to be able to recreate for other people, in my own way. I guess that comes back to one of my original statements: "I want to be a man that will spread joy". I want to innovate the next generation and take the way we use technology and creative entertainment to the next level. I see myself as the person that will paint the faces of my audience with smiles. All I need is a good education and a hell of a lot of self-determination... and I believe I have the self-determination part covered.

| SIGNATURE |
I hereby state that Ravenwood Academy is not responsible for the lost of personal items or injuries that occur outside of school grounds (excluding school trips). Ravenwood Academy does not, in any way, discriminate against Age, Sex, Religion, or any of the like.
I, Matthew Ashford, fully understand the rules and guidelines set by Ravenwood Academy, and am ready to enroll.
Date: July 10, 2015

Last edited:
Sorry buddy, but if you look in the title, the sign-ups are closed, and i don't think they're opening up any time soon. Nice CS, though!
Balls! :'( You can tell I've had an alcohol filled week. I saw the two open slots and thought that it was open - totally didn't notice the title earlier, hmm. :/ Ah well, if there's a waiting list or anything like that a pm'd be nice.

Patch Notes 1.2: 2/22/15

As you now know, everyone was divided into groups of several people for the various fragments at hand.
Here is the list everyone was divided into:

castlist.png

As a reminder, you guys left in the evening.
Even if your fragment has a different time frame such as early morning, your characters would still be starting to get tired eventually.​

Last edited:
Wait, so are they not all even in the same area? Or are they, and they're just having to split off later >~< I'm still a little confused after reading the post

Wait, so are they not all even in the same area? Or are they, and they're just having to split off later >~< I'm still a little confused after reading the post
Position and other details will be determined by the GM who is in charge of the fragment.
You'll just have to wait on his post, seeing for you its Vol.

Reactions: PandaChu
I don't know if I should be relieved or worried

@Tsu okay, I suppose I'll just keep my eyes peeled then ^^

@Jerelin yay! :D maybe we can plan some interactions, since poor Echo needs a new buddy XD

Patch Note 1.2.1: 2/22/15

There was an update to the fragments.
Unfortunately, CC has dropped for unforeseen reasons, and the fragments were rebalanced.
Here is the updated list:

castlist.png

• Love
Many apologies for the lack of posting, that won't be happening again if I can help it. Had some computer trouble last couple a days, but I'm back.

Patch Notes 1.3.1 : 2/23/15

Overall, I think our transition into the fragments went pretty smoothly.
You guys are gonna be there for a while so I would recommend getting nice and comfy cozy...at least as best ya can.
This update is mostly going to be a set of reminders for everyone as a whole.

1) Post as frequently as possible. The same posting rules apply as usual; however, the more that you post, the quicker the plot can progress. The fragments, especially in the beginning, will be dependent on others. The longer you wait, the longer everyone potentially has to wait. After a certain amount of time, the GM might just choose to move on. Getting left behind in the current state is a lot more punishing than normal.

2) Reminder that the 24 hour battle rules in a thing. Right now my fragment is currently under this rule.
We don't always remember to post that we have entered this state, but if you are fighting or being attacked, more than likely you are under the rule.

3) Remember that the decisions you make ultimately determine your survival and development as a whole. There is no right or wrong answer to any situation. Do what your gut feeling tells you, and hopefully it'll turn out alright.

Many apologies for the lack of posting, that won't be happening again if I can help it. Had some computer trouble last couple a days, but I'm back.
Hey Raijin, I know you're not usually on Skype, so I just wanted to say your Fragment post is up. Just a heads up.

Hey Raijin, I know you're not usually on Skype, so I just wanted to say your Fragment post is up. Just a heads up.
I saw and will get a post up ASAP.

• Love
Reactions: a touch of dread
I don't even know why my alerts are stopping. I am reading the thread each time, and yet it continues to stop. It's so infuriating...

I don't even know why my alerts are stopping. I am reading the thread each time, and yet it continues to stop. It's so infuriating...
I think it's best to just check the thread.
There will always be posts XD.
If you get on, just give the thread a refresh.
The day we have no posts, is the day everyone is dead, or the rp is.
So far we have almost averaged a page per day.

• Love
Patch Notes 1.3.2: 2/25/15: @DoughGuy @Kitt @The_J @AiDee @Greenrust

This update concerns the cast members in my mist fragment.
Now that we have a little knowledge on the world, it is time I make this announcement.

For the most part, today will be the last day of the night, and the next day will be beginning tomorrow.
As explained by the man, the mist is poison to an individual's sanity, and a fun interaction will require some cooperation of your part.
Starting tomorrow, posts will require a "Sanity Bar" on a scale of 1-10. The lower the number, the more insane your character has become. The insanity can include any assumed emotion, paranoia, fear, craziness, hostility, etc.
You, yourself, determine how quickly your character and how your character is affected by the mist. I won't be too picky on this interaction, just hope that we can utilize it. It'll add a fun dynamic.

For the most part this insanity is permanent. Escaping the mist will improve your condition, and prevent further deterioration, but the mist does affect your character's mental health. That being said, over time it can improve. This is also within your digression. Some characters might recover faster than others.

Example:

Sanity: **********(10/10) (<---Fushinsetsu )

Last edited:
To be fair, Setsu's only insane by human standards. I'd think that he has a special bar, just for himself~

And damn, am I never going to get a tsundere reaction from all my 'huehue, dat ur gurlfriend' comments?

To be fair, Setsu's only insane by human standards. I'd think that he has a special bar, just for himself~

And damn, am I never going to get a tsundere reaction from all my 'huehue, dat ur gurlfriend' comments?
Hehe, if you want a reaction, a jab or two more could earn a snap from Echo x)

• Love
Reactions: a touch of dread