World Peace

Sorry... not happening. Man will always be at conflict with man. If not then they are not men but machines.

Yeah, I think a peaceful surge on a trans-national level would achieve more.

For instance, Europe. If we can come together to indulge a mutual love for football and pop music, then maybe we can take it a few steps further.

It's all about finding these baselines of understanding. Warlords in Africa, Dictators like Stalin, child-sex traders - they've all been twisted too far from those baselines. An idea can be as influential as power and money - even more so. With the right idea and the right movement, we can stop people spinning off into darkness and instead keep them attached to the idea of a greater good.

We've seen the power of religion. However much you wanna say that it's propped up by ignorance and force and intimidation, at heart it is supported by the masses who LIKE that idea.

With a new religion - one that acknowledges the "godliness" of human will - we may have an answer.

perhaps.

im nto arguing whether or not its possible.

my arguement is to whether or not its probable.

Yeah, I think a peaceful surge on a trans-national level would achieve more.

Unfortunately, you couldn't get enough CHA to make this happen, even if that's where you put all your ability points.

we rely need world peace

Someone needs to learn how to spell and cap things... >_> OH! Oops~ *TeeHee*

Anyway, XD not that my insult is posted, I shall go off... because World Peace... I don't think there will ever be World Peace... >_> That's my view on things... AND, what Asmo said! WE ARE HUMANS! *runs away*

I LIKE WAR!!!! O_____o It makes me HAPPY!!!! >>;

Unfortunately, you couldn't get enough CHA to make this happen, even if that's where you put all your ability points.

Charisma_scirocco.jpg

It's not gonna happen in my lifetime, but hey. It must be magical if everyone actually got along.

Problem is, culture. Gotta be careful with words, symbols and the like, or somebody out there will have a hissy fit. Some people are raised to not like certain things considered acceptable by others. Like vuvuzelas, for instance.

I think even people who use Vuvuzelas hate them.

I mean, nobody can like those things...

...right?

that aside the internet is pretty fractious and split up right now. Not all sites can be acesssed from all countries, some are exclusive to only a single country, and the massive barrier that is language prevents more communication than you can shake a stick at. It's regressed a bit from the earliest days of it. People are working on translators and such, sure, but....

I don't think it's gonna be happening unless there is something that counts as a common enemy for all mankind or if there is a much smaller population who can unite under a single banner.

Doesn't unhappiness count as a common enemy?

If people want a war on unhappiness (and I'm being general about this, not specifically aiming this post at anyone in particular), all you need to do is look at other wars on inanimate objects, and see how well they've fared. I'll name the two most widely recognized "wars" - The war on drugs, and the war on poverty.

A "war on unhappiness" will be just as "successful."

we all have differing opinions as to what constitutes happiness and unhappiness, so i guess that wouldn't work. hmmm~ and now that i've thought about it, true world peace would happen if there's no difference in opinion whatsoever, which would make for a terribly bland world.

I don't think so meg, people just need to respect and accept that not everyone has to live in their boxes. People naturally tend to cry to keep others in their own comfort zones. Also political correctness should die, its just another form of intolerance.

I don't think so meg, people just need to respect and accept that not everyone has to live in their boxes. People naturally tend to cry to keep others in their own comfort zones. Also political correctness should die, its just another form of intolerance.

Intolerance isn't "Don't say that, it's mean!", that's social norms of not pissing people off by not insulting them. Intolerance is, for example, homophobia, and fanatism over religion or the lack of it.

Nope, at least not how I see it.

I mean, part of life is living in shit and unhappiness and dealing with it through effort and ambition or wallowing in it because you're lazy. What I mean is unhappiness really isn't an enemy, as much as a part of life, even if it's an obstacle.

Intolerance isn't "Don't say that, it's mean!", that's social norms of not pissing people off by not insulting them. Intolerance is, for example, homophobia, and fanatism over religion or the lack of it.

A few people pursue political correctness with fanaticism and make the lives of thousands that much more miserable.

I think that unless someone on the internet starts a movement that aims for peace that actually spread far and wide and is understandable and agreed on globally, world peace is jjust a dream. Besides, you have to understand that everyone has their own vision of world peace, their own morals and values thaat all contradict one another and this starting conflicts, the very conflicts that cause war.

Thats the point of talking about it. Share our own ideas about our visions of utopia and find something in common to strive for.

I don't share the optimistic soapbox Asmo stands upon. Malthusian principle dictates that overpopulation will lead to a number of disaster as the world 'sorts out' the staggering force of our unimpeded population. Drought, famine, disease and war are the most common methods of controlling a population who no longer have natural predators. The world grows more shifty by the day. Religions fog up the mirrors of the collective 'hand holding' and cause a disparity between people that may have never existed without it. Human beings are prideful creatures and resistant to change. Even with the internet and the new technology available, space travel and outer planet colonization may be our only hope to actually 'get along'

There will always be radicals and there will always be new religions or beliefs that promise an escape from the tedious doldrums or the cutthroat danger of the world...there will always be difference in my opinion as some human nature towards violence and inclination to ostracism runs too deep.