4. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
Genres
Fantasy, High fantasy

The events that ensued within that maddening locomotive left more queries than resolutions. The diva discovered herself sleuthing through that enigma. Whether by happenstance or fate, she couldn't say. Regardless, they were all liberated once they had forced their way out and slew the eldritch amalgamation behind their incarceration. Unfortunately, some wayward souls emerged not within their home worlds but displaced in the jungle, which left Florentina in a conundrum.

On the one hand, she owed them nothing. On the other hand, she had grown fond of the reprobates—a fact she wouldn't say aloud but was evident in the charity she uncharacteristically dispensed with. Casimir, Etienne, Garnot, and Jasper were welcomed into one of her manors. The party was allowed to stay rent-free until such a time as they got back on their feet. Not long after they got settled, a courier dispatched word that Florentina was being summoned. Without delay, the operative was interrogated and gave her account.

The council demanded to know what had transpired and if they should be alarmed. The members were none too pleased when they discovered the diva offered the refugees a dwelling. They demanded she hand them over. However, Florentina evoked their old ways and fought with their champion to prove her point. She'd never inform them what occurred during that meeting. She didn't require their praise and felt if they knew the truth, it would only sour their thoughts regarding the dynasty. And with all that business behind her, the blonde traversed back home.

Florentina didn't know what to expect when she returned home. She had been called upon two weeks ago, and she deduced it wasn't impossible that they'd all abandon her. In fact, given her track record regarding social bonds, that seemed likely. Carefully, she unlocked the door and snuck in. Her muscular build donned her blue and brown tortoiseshell patterned armor. The giant strove to keep silent as it was still early in the morning. But once she kicked off her mud-caked boots, a thud followed, betraying her return.

The diva froze, those malachite eyes taking in her living room. Impressive, the idiots didn't manage to set her place ablaze? Regardless, the sound of scurrying reached those ears before she could even chortle. She turned around to investigate the source of the commotion, only for her pet velociraptor to run over to say hi. The dimwit seemed happy, and its face brought a pained smirk across Flora's remarkable profile. Softly she took a knee, shushing the excited beast lest its commotion rouses the others from bed.

The abode was silent otherwise, which only affirmed her expectations. The saurian was riled up, his tail slapping against the wall as he let out a few calls. A sough divorced itself from those lips as the blonde endeavored to lull Rappy down by running those fingers through his feathers. She knew what that meant; he was hungry. Smiling brightly, she would lean down and kiss his snout before wagging a finger. The dinosaur moved his head with the motions of that digit.

"Please tell me you didn't eat our guest. Junk food isn't good for you buddy." She jested with a whisper.

Last edited:
The past few weeks Casimir kept himself busy. The feline spent time exploring the estate and the surrounding area. In that time, he learnt the bare basics of how this land operated. Bone was not only a resource for the giants, but a form of currency that they used in their day to day lives. As an outsider living in this world for a short time, he noticed just how wasteless they lived. Supply chains revolved around every waste product. It was awe-inspiring. In the world that he came from, people were frugal due to hard times, but they were exceedingly wasteful in comparison.

His long walks often led him to the dense jungle. The off-worlder admired the lush beauty. Everything seemed larger than life, The trees reached for the binary suns, the dense fern blanketed the ground. The sounds of the critters were singing nature’s symphony. It was pleasant. Right up until Casimir spotted a native dragonfly. The 30 inch/75cm insect flew towards the feline. In a panic he let out a cry of surprise as scrambled out of the way of the dragonfly. With his hair and fur frazzled, he took a deep breath. In this land even the insects were large.

Time at the estate also proved to be a battle of wits with the native fauna. Every so often Casimir would spot the feathered beast roaming the halls. The servants dubbed the beast ‘Rappy’. According to them it was Florentina’s pet. While the beast may want to play and ask for pats. The feline didn’t understand Rappy and interpreted each action as potentially hostile.

It was a finely crafted game. First it was a stare down, followed by slow walking before scrambling to somewhere higher up. Often Casismir switched to his cat form and just watched the raptor from a high shelf until the creature got bored and wandered away.

However, the usual routine was interrupted as the beast scampered away uncharacteristically. It was then the feline's ear twitched at the sound of a woman’s voice. The master of the beast returned. While he did have a list of complaints with her pet. Casimir knew it wasn’t exactly his place as he was mooching off her kindness and generosity. While it was a fine existence, he needed to be more self-sufficient.

Casimir jumped off from his high perch and assumed his humanoid form. Quietly he walked towards the entrance way with a friendly smile and a way of greeting. However, his eyes were locked onto the raptor just in case it made any sudden move towards him.

“Welcome back Florentina. Did you have a good trip?” He inquired.

Ever since the passing of Nysoesa, her world seemed darker than usual. Outwardly the diva portrayed an image of confidence and mastery over her fate. Nevertheless, she often returned from the field to an empty home. Her pet raptor was the one thing that remained of their relationship. The only proof that Florentina had experienced bliss and a sense of acceptance. Few could accept the brute for what she is, and even fewer could keep up with her. Some predators flourish in a pack, but an actual apex lives and dies alone.

However, despite her postulations, the diva was still a person. And no matter how hard she might try to separate herself, she still felt the pang for companionship. In actuality, Florentina was glad to have others leeching off her success. For a life of indeterminable hedonism wasn't an existence worth living. Carnality filled the void temporarily but wouldn't remedy the ailment, merely the symptom. A look of confusion was visibly plastered across her remarkable countenance. Those malachite eyes opened wide as her ears picked up on the scampering of Casimir.

Unexpectedly the femboy hadn't raided her stock and vamoose to live his own life. A smirk settled across her profile as she could smell and observe his trepidation. How adorable, Casimir was terrified or weary of Rappy. A pointless fear, given the pet was more likely to lick you to death than maul an intruder. And despite Flora's sincerest efforts, the velociraptor appeared resolute. Gradually, the giant rose as she overtowered the stray cat. She'd sashay a few steps forward and close the gap between them before reaching out her hand to give Casimir a few head pats.

"It was strictly business. I don't do fun."

The diva replied before snapping those fingers, the dinosaur moving to her side. The two walked at the same pace as she strutted across the room and into the kitchen. Silently, the blonde rummaged through a container of salt and meat before pulling out some jerky and tossing it Rappy's way. Hungrily, the feather saurian frittered little time before nibbling on the morsel. The inquisitor stood up once more, resting her hands on the counter while those fingers drummed against its surface. Those verdure optics wandered back to Casimir as she considered how to continue the conversation.

"Have you acclimated to my abode? Did you break anything? And how have you two been getting along?"

She questioned, arching those groomed brows as the raptor stopped chewing on his meal before looking at Casimir. The animal tilted his head before delivering a short call before returning to its breakfast. The diva chortled, half convinced that the beast could apprehend their language.

"Well, he was sure quick to answer."

An awkward pause followed as only the rhythm of those fingers defied the silence engulfing her home.

Last edited:
The feline bowed his head as the giantess offered her friendly greeting, thus ruffling up his hair. It seemed like she was happy to be home. From the curtness of her reply, Casimir could infer that the princess had a stressful, yet dull trip. Perhaps something weighed heavy on her mind, but the feline understood that he didn’t have the rapport to even begin prying into her life.

Casimir took a steady sigh of relief. It seemed that the beast was enthralled in its master as it listened to every word she said. He watched as the beast began to nibble and gnaw away on the jerky. It appeared that this beast was actually trained and like all creatures from his word that the way to the beast’s heart was through food. The feline pondered what the best strategy would be.

Her question made Casimir’s eyes roll. Every time without fault everyone expected him to be this klutzy cat with no awareness of his surroundings. No, he was very much aware. It was just their fault for putting said objects near the edge of a surface. Perhaps a few things got ‘displaced’ and ‘rearranged’ during the cat and raptor scuffles. There was no way he was actually going to admit it.

“Your home is beautiful and lovely. It has a very homely atmosphere. It’s just very different to what I am used to, but I am settling in.”

He glared at the raptor.

“We are still getting used to each other.”

The awkward silence compounded with the repetitive taps of the fingers echoed throughout the room. Rather than waiting for her to

“Anyways, I have noticed that this land is starkly different to my own. As such a good portion of my established skillset is, well useless.” He awkwardly chuckled. “While I could look at the negatives of this situation. In this case it does free me up to pursue other avenues. I will definitely have to see if I can learn this world’s magic to increase my own strength. What kind of skill sets are you lacking underneath your banner?”

In the feline’s mind, working for the princess of the dynasty would look absolutely fantastic on a resume. It would be guaranteed employment in the future if he felt like changing jobs, specializations or careers.

What had Casimir so absorbed in thought, the diva wondered. Nevertheless, Florentina wouldn't pry lest she sours the atmosphere. Her sprawling abode was often filled with servants. The rooms were infrequently occupied, and her line of work only enabled her a little furlough. The inquisitor often spent her free time reading up on prior battles, working out, or training. She lived a solitary existence, so sharing her worldly attainments with others felt good—something she hadn't done since Nysoesa's passing.

The velociraptor finished its meal. The blonde smirked as Casimir's wandering eye betrayed him. Could it be the stray cat was that scared of the adorable creature? She needn't dwell long on that point as the deviant femboy frittered little time before making it abundantly clear. It seemed her deductive skills hadn't waned, a good sign. The life of a sleuth was far from glamorous. However, that didn't stop others from romanticizing her vocation. But she did enjoy listening to others embellish her usefulness. Their imaginations were nothing short of spellbinding.

So many inquests circled within that cranium. If Casimir knew the reality of her duties, would the feline recoil from disapproval? Did the man see her as anything other than a meal ticket? The vacancy of her manor unveiled much concerning her sequestration—a form of self-imposed isolationism. Whether or not her guests were that perceptive had yet to be seen. Florentina did consider that they may refrain from bringing up the topic out of a sense of misguided fear of offending.

Casimir's compliments stood out. That appreciation wouldn't elude her comprehension. Flora was used to people offering her silvery words. Typically they did so to avoid her anger or to woo the giantess. But the questionably masculine individual before her didn't fit such bills. No, it came across as the lad endeavoring to spark a conversation and bond with his host. Ignoring him or brushing aside his remarks would be boorish of her. Notwithstanding appearances, the atomic blonde did possess basic manners.

"I suppose different can be a good thing."

She paused before biting down on that bottom lip. Those malachite jewels peered over at Casimir as he stood around awkwardly. There was a sense of timidness in the cat's body language. What roused forth such nerves? Could it be that he felt useless and sought to earn his keep? The diva smiled before grabbing a pear and tossing it to him. She turned her back and looked out the portal and at the pool and sun deck.

"Eat. I won't be known as a poor host. Typically someone dying or being malnourished under your roof is seen as weakness." She justified her kindness through such a ruse. Nonetheless, it wouldn't take a savant to see through the guise.

"For every job, there is a tool. Not everyone is destined to be an archmage, great warrior, or strategist. You survived the train. From that, I can infer you're selling yourself short. Alright, I'll play along. Why don't you lay forth some of your skills besides charming eunuchs? If you're seeking to broaden your skillsets, that's fine. Just know I'm a fair yet demanding boss. Please speak your mind; I prefer not to beat around the bush."

Florentina added as she began to remove the plates of her armor. That chiseled and perspiring abdomen was exposed first as she sighed from relief. Next, the giantess took off the pieces around her arms and thighs. Ultimately she stood wearing shorts and a top of her signature blue shell, stacking it on the kitchen table while waiting for a reply from Casimir.

Last edited:
As the blonde tossed the pear, Casimir’s eyes were still on the raptor. As the pear flew closer towards his face he quickly scrambled to catch it. The feline’s hands juggled the pear as it fell ever closer towards the ground. After many failed attempts he finally caught it right before the fruit hit the ground. It would have been an easy catch if he wasn’t so guarded and tense around the raptor. He needed a new approach.

“Thanks. I don’t think I am that skinny.” He chuckled playfully as he bit into the pear.

The fruit’s flavour was mildly different compared to the pears in his world. It wasn’t as sweet, but carried more of a subtle earthy note that was also quite pleasant to the tongue. While fruits weren’t his favourite, at least they were a tolerable snack. He continued to munch away as the giant spoke. Casimir was immediately caught off guard and almost choked on the fact that the princess defined one of skills as charming the eunuchs.

The one time he decided to tease a guy egged on by a caramel gypsy and it sticks to him like glue. The nekomata has two choices. Either he can commit to the role/joke or he could come clean. The giantess was extremely perceptive. So the feline figured he would let his actions do the talking in the matter of relationships.

“Well, do you raise a fair point there Florentina. I guess there is no pussy footing around. I guess the cat has to come out of the bag eventually. I’m a crafty guy. My best skills are keeping a low profile and keeping other’s expectations of myself low. Nobody expects a clumsy oaf who can barely keep his job straight as someone actually suspicious.”

He paused for a moment and tossed the half eaten pear up in the air before catching it.

“My more useless skills are translating documents, utilizing databases and other advanced technological systems that don’t exist here.”

Casimir bore quite a few feminine hallmarks. Florentina held no scruples regarding flaunting her muscular build. And given her abnormal appendage, she could relate to blurring the gender lines. However, the feline reminded her of the men of the south. To be more precise, he was lanky and feeble. Whatever world he crawled out of must have had quite the aversion to protein. Nevertheless, she saw past his imperfections and understood even a bottom had a place in her order.

The diva wondered if the stray she had picked up spoke of feasibly joining the Red Sap to repay her kindness. If so, she'd refuse him entry. That illustrious organization required commitment—belief in something greater than oneself. One's admission must be devoid of selfish wants. Florentina had seen firsthand how such souls polluted their legacy. Her faction wasn't a job but a lifestyle and belief. And one required equal spades of grit as well as willpower.

In nature, predators often sport many avenues to subdue their prey. It was no secret that the monk respected strength above all else. But power wasn't measured in brawn alone. Intelligence, cunning, affluence, political sway, and charisma were all equally respectable. Could Casimir verify himself as worthy of joining her banner? Maybe, but she wouldn't permit her bias to taint her responsibilities. Regardless, she'd mull over it silently as the mischievous boy denied his pitiable build.

Those emerald eyes reviewed his physique while the eyelids tapered. Florentina smirked, huffing in defiance as the cat nibbled on the pear. It seemed a chasm divided the two. Casimir was entitled to his position, no matter how erroneous it might be. Nonetheless, she'd abstain from bursting his bubble too harshly.

"You're as flat as your former lover's personality. I suppose some prefer the look. However, let me know if you ever wish to rectify that deficiency. I prefer a good challenge."

The diva chuckled. Her effort at humor likely failed to hit the intended mark. The operative wasn't as skilled at socializing as she was at forming strategies and extracting information. However, Florentina only considered herself somewhat inept at this theater. The slew of puns that escaped Casimir's lips was cringe-inducing. Perhaps she could use him to torture the enemies of the state? The thought of being restrained and forced to suffer such agony might prove effective.

Florentina rested her arms under her bosom for support as she waited. Her mind considered his previous vocation and stated skills. So Casimir was a scribe or archivist of sorts? While hardly a glorifying job, it was a role someone had to fulfill. The agent learned just how tedious paperwork and correspondents can be. It required a particular type of person to deal with the stacks of documents. Fair work for fair pay.

But what intrigued her was his claims of being able to blend in. Casimir was the puckish sort. The type most wouldn't take seriously. Melding that with his knack for deflecting suspicion supplied an alternate route for employment. A position that even his ability to decode and organize information might demonstrate itself as invaluable.

"Scribe or whisperer sounds up your alley." She slid in a not-so-subtle pun before she squatted down to pet her feathery partner.

"Whisperer is a spy. Or that's what the southern "men" call it. A rose by any name smells the same." She added with a shrug.

Last edited:
It was apparent to the feline that the princess didn’t like sugar coating her words, but rather she was the kind of person who would take playful jabs at her friends. Casimir chuckled as he glanced at his figure and once again at the raptor. Perhap she had a point. In a world of giant insects, lizards and reptiles, having a strong body would be beneficial.

“Ouch. Your honesty is refreshing. I think I may take you up on that offer. A strong body does have its uses in practicality and charm.” He smiled with a wink.

In his mind, Casimir tried to imagine what his buff alter-ego would look like. Chiseled muscles glistening under the twin suns. The ability to down one of the huge crocodiles like Eitenne with ease. Maybe if the cat was lucky the disinterested make-believe knight might pay attention. But he doubted that. That man was the type to only pay attention when it was about himself.

Just before the feline got lost in his own chain of thoughts his ears perked up as Florentina explained the two roles she had open. He blinked a few times in surprise before mulling over the details. A Scribe would be a nice cushy job. The only downside is that it was a boring desk job. The Whisperer on the other hand didn’t have the problem. It was always going to be exciting. However It was going to be hard work.

“Now that’s a toughie. Both positions sound excellent. Each offers unique challenges and are important roles to fulfill.”

He sighed as she scratched his ear.

“In some way, my outsider perspective will allow me to notice and catch things that others might miss due to me not knowing the cultural norms. People are always at their most vulnerable when they are trying to help someone. So with my unique set of circumstances, Whisperer might be best.”

The diva took pride in her heavy-handed policy. Sometimes a more delicate touch was required to nudge her marks into a false sense of security. She was a professional and applied her skillsets across virtually every facet of her life. Florentina wasn't exactly miss congeniality. She demanded respect and deduced it was better to be feared than loved if one can't be both. It was best to be upfront with Casimir. The feline was mischievous, so encouraging it might demonstrate itself as problematic.

Florentina liked the rogue, but she understood his devotion was tentative. The fragility of his anatomical structure had long since been observed. Even now, Florentina devised many methods she could exact to break his brittle figure. Providentially for Casimir, he hadn't endowed her with justification to experiment. For now, they were on good terms. Evident in how she communicated so candidly with the stray.

Ironically, her demeanor declared that she enjoyed the femboy's company. However, that may have eluded Casimir's comprehension. The fact her pet hadn't torn him to pieces meant he wasn't all too bad. Although, something told the diva her guest wasn't fond of Rappy. No matter. They'd have plenty of time to bond. And she looked forward to the cat confronting and conquering his irrational fear.

Florentina remained silent, grabbing some jerky for herself. The giant tore into the morsel without any regard for appearing ladylike. Those malachite spheres kept tabs on Casimir as the effeminate man prattled away. It seemed he hadn't entertained the breadth of opportunities before him. That was not shocking, given he was still becoming accustomed to the jungle. What he lacked in brawn, he could make up for in guile.

The muscular host rose, her hands patting those chiseled thighs as she huffed. In her hand was another piece of jerky, and judging from Casimir's aversion to the fruit, she presumed him to be more of a carnivore. Without delay, the blonde tossed the dried and salted meat his way.

"Eat. You can say you aren't hungry, but you're skin and bones. I won't brook gossip that you expired in my abode from malnourishment." She demanded, presenting a bratty and toothy sneer.

"Indeed. If we sculpt your female build to something more suitable, it might elevate your appeal. Trust me; I have no shortage of suitors. And their magnetism toward my muscles is something I manipulate. I'm a lady adept at handling quite a diverse array of tools. You can always trust me to tell the truth. If I don't, it's because I don't give a damn about you. That's when you should be concerned."

Florentina shrugged. The velociraptor walked over to Casimir as he looked up. Those eyes begged for the meat he was given—one of the oldest tricks in the book. The cunning creature was testing the feline. Grousing, the giant snapped her fingers, commanding the beast as he ran back to her side, emitting his signature call.

"Your perspective is a liability and a commodity. Ignorance of our customs can result in a swift exit from this world. However, you're correct. The appropriation of people's empathy is an effective avenue. Albeit dubbed as morally questionable by the wimps that plague society. Sorry, I meant to say, virtuous savants." She paused, smirking wide as that split tongue sketched her pearly fangs.

"I took you under my roof because I see potential in you. My charity wasn't wholly selfless. We differ, but that's what makes you valuable. Believe it or not, there are jobs outside of my proficiency."

Flora folded her arms under her bosom for support. Her biceps flexed as she pushed aside some hair by blowing away loose strands. This admission visibly perturbed the diva. Her unquestionable humility was showing.

"But before we trek further down that line of thought. I have something lighter to ask of you. Are your quarters sufficient? Do you need anything? Speak up before I lay forth ground rules you must relay to the other squatters." The giant chortled, obviously making a joke at the expense of their current circumstances.

"I jest...well...partially..."

Last edited:
Casimir’s mind continued to wonder, while this job would have been simple back home. There were a lot of key skills he was missing. Namely the ability to speak like the natives and to blend in with them. The feline’s ears slightly drooped. No matter how he pieced together his potential future schedule it seemed like he was going to one busy kitty.

The train of thoughts were interrupted as Florentina declared his need to eat once yet again. His gaze was drawn to the flying piece of jerky, this time he was able to catch up. The cat tilted his head to the side as he looked at the two items of food in his hands. Her concern was touching, yet he didn’t feel like he was going to expire from starvation.

“Ah thanks.”

He took a simple sigh as he watched the princess unceremoniously ate her piece of jerky. In times like these, it was better to comply with her demands. There were no words that he could craft that the cat could use to alleviate the giant’s concerns.

Just as the feline was about to take the bite of the jerky, the raptor made its move. Immediately Casmir’s ears perked up as he slowly backed away from the beast. Fortunately, the beast was trained to head its master’s call.

“Well, I guess I should be glad that I have your honesty then.” He chuckled, “So I take it that in this land people value physical prowess in their mates?”

Casimir took a bite at the jerky as he watched the raptor’s movements. There was a familiar look in the beast’s eyes. The ever-watchful pining gaze of a creature that simply didn't have enough treats. Considering this raptor was trained, just maybe it was possible to forge a friendship with the beast.

“I suppose you are right there.” He laughed at her blunt words, “If the world was run by ‘virtuous savants’ nothing would get done. It’s people like us that actually go and get stuff done. I am glad that a small cat like me can be of service to you.”

The feline continued to gnaw on the jerky. While he had no qualms with the flavour, the jerky here was a lot denser than he was used to. As the giant demanded that he speak about his living conditions, he paused to look at the raptor.

“I don’t have any complaints. Your home is very comfortable, and your pantry has plenty to eat. There is one thing that has been on our minds. What would be the best way for us to learn this world’s magic?”

Casimir was fortunate to bask in her glory. There were few as humble and honest as the diva. Nevertheless, she couldn't fault the stray for being a bit slow. He was, after all, experiencing a peculiar circumstance. Florentina assumed his delayed realization was due to being daze. No doubt the splendor of the jungle utterly enthralled him. Contrasted with the train, it stood out as a province of wonderment.

Florentina nodded as he voiced his appreciation. In actuality, she didn't view Casimir as withering away. However, his scrawny build was the zenith of all she despised. The frailty of the body alluded to a weakness of willpower. And resolve was a crucial asset if one strove for success in this life. The diva took a liking to the offworlder and decided he'd serve as a pet project—an evaluation to assess if she could take one so displaced and steer him to excellence.

A stoic deportment lingered as the monk abided in muteness. It wouldn't take long for the mischievous feline to break the silence. Casimir's gums flapped exceptionally, hinting at the possibility he was orally gifted. Whatever his inclinations, Flo wouldn't judge. She might have use for one of a deceptive veneer who possessed a sharp tongue. As her mother always said, "a different tool for every job."

The blonde kept hushed as she rummaged through the kitchen. It took a little while for Florentina to notice her supply shortage. Great, it seemed the squatters were part locust. She'd make a mental note to adjust her servant's schedules so they may better keep her reserves filled. Well, at least they didn't break one of her prized trophies. That would not be very pleasant.

The giant stopped digging about as she placed some ground coffee beans on the counter. Her hand supported her weight as she leaned over the island and looked at Casimir. Those emerald eyes were indifferent concerning the stray's marital status. He could exit this world as a virgin for all she cared. Nonetheless, she would address his inquiry. But not before sighing to air her frustration.

"Different folks like different things. However, beauty is always admirable. To me, one's physical state alludes to the health of their mind and resolve. It requires great discipline to chisel one's physique. It isn't the sole metric, just a good one." She shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not blind. I understand there is more to friendship and love than the flesh. Nevertheless, denying it doesn't influence you is to undermine my intellect. I'm sure your tongue might attract a partner willing to deal with your lesser qualities. And no, that isn't a jab at you. We all have undesirable habits." She added with a smirk. Florentina held no qualms about expressing her fallibility or faults. Of which there were only a few.

"Be a dear and boil some water. If we're to talk, I'd prefer to do it over a cup of coffee. I can use the energy." The rest of Casimir's remarks wouldn't go ignored. The diva would remain silent until such a time as he humored her. And once he fetched the stored water, she'd continue her address.

"Many great and deadly things are small. Undoubtedly size helps, but it isn't the end all be all. I'd be dead if I operated under that logic. Nonetheless, I'm glad you didn't die on that train or during my absence. It gets quiet sometimes."

The cracks in her armor were visible. It seemed the terrifying brute had a heart. Florentina would refrain from drawing any focus on that fact. She fancied maintaining her reputation above all else. A necessary mindset lest her enemies take advantage of her vulnerability. Depending on how perceptive Casimir is, he might sniff out her subtle elation that he partook of the jerky. Although it was possible the running about of her feathered friend might distract from the moment.

"Ah, yes, my pantry. It's oddly lacking particular ingredients. Some of them are rather expensive ones to boot. I'm glad I didn't return to my manor burnt to the silt. So I'm not mad. I just didn't expect my supplies to poof so quickly. I'll have to adjust my orders accordingly." She concluded with a nod and a half-hearted smile. Those malachite spheres looked through loose strands of gold as she waited for a response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucid Dream
From the princesses words, it seemed like this world may not be too different from his own. As the common saying goes, ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder.’ Meaning that being well dressed, charismatic and well spoken were all desirable were all valuable traits to have. Especially for a feline that liked to play with people’s expectations.

“Huh. I never thought about training like that before. This is valuable information.” He admitted.

The idea of conveying dedication and resolve with muscles was intriguing to the cat. Why with just half the effort he could look like he was more dedicated at his job. Yet there was a catch, training was something he couldn’t skimp on without everyone noticing. Nor could Casimir take the job of intelligence gathering half-hearted either.

He nodded along to Florentina’s words as he leaned back on the wall.

“You do have a point there. Matters of the heart are complicated to navigate. While being charming does make it easier, it ultimately produces a relationship that’s one sided.” He shrugged.

Without a verbal response Casimir put down the half eaten pear and jerky on the counter. With this time goofing off with the other ‘squatters’ he had learnt the layout of the kitchen decently well. He strode over to pick up the kettle on the stove top and topped it off with water.

“As they say, ‘good things come in small packages’. I think it comes from the fact that most people underestimate the small things in life and the impact that it might have on their lives.”

Casimir put the kettle back onto the stove top and paused for a moment. He looked around for a dial to turn the stove on, yet the appliance in front of him was too foreign to navigate. The feline nervously chuckled as he looked at Florentina for assistance.

“Wait, how do you turn this on?” he mumbled to himself.

The cat wasn’t a chef. After the disaster that Etienne and he made, the nekomata thought it best that he stay out of the kitchen for a while. Most of the kitchen utensils and appliances were ‘old school’ to him. The people in his world hardly ever used them, if at all.

“Well we did our best to not burn down your beautiful manor. That would make life pretty hard for you and I would assume, pretty impossible for us.Where I come from, acts of arsonry are met with steep repercussions. I assume it’s the same here. Anyways. Sorry about the supplies. I guess we were really excited about the cuisine here in this new world.” he said with an honest smile.

Reactions: Spooder Queen

Those malachite orbs were studying her guest. Casimir revealed much without being aware of his actions betrayal. The way he navigated the kitchen disclosed that he was likely behind the depletion of her resources. What sort of appetite did the feline hide to ravenously dwindle so much stock? While she studied his movements, he'd be met with a stoic deportment. The chiseled giantess was seemingly reserved and muted as he babbled away. However, it wasn't long before a quip presented itself—a retort to show the mischievous lad that she had a bit of wit.

"Sorry, I can't relate. No one has ever referred to my package as small. Women who state such things typically are lying. But I'm sure such comments were never aimed at you." That jest gave way to a toothy grin.

Florentina moved to Casimir's side as he fiddled in vain. His inability to heat the water indicated that perhaps his involvement regarding consumption was minor. That, or this was all a ruse to absolve him of culpability. Whatever the case, the diva would assist the boy. Her finger ran across the runes as a flame danced beneath it once she retracted her hand. She looked down at the stray. Somehow, his reassurance that they did their best wasn't comforting.

"Losers try. Winners succeed and plow the maiden. Regardless, thanks for not destroying one of my manors."

Flora shrugged, alluding to the extent of her worldly attainments. It was ironic that she spoke of them so apathetically. Almost as if she considered her wealth to be of lesser importance. Those emerald jewels drifted away from Casimir, locking onto the kettle as the water inside began to heat. They'd have some time before it whistled. That implied she'd have to struggle and keep up the conversation. A feat that came naturally to him but was foreign to the blonde.

"I've never been good at matters of the heart. It's why I prefer my work. It's straightforward. Never mind that few can glut my appetite. They often fail to keep up. I suppose I'm a demanding woman in many ways. Still, I doubt I would have much time for such pursuits. Yes, I'm saying it, I'm married to my job. And from what I've seen, there are worse spouses."

The diva kidded. She had heard many bad-mouthed their partners when on missions. An act that puzzled her as it reflected poorly on their character. Men lacked the acumen to apprehend that they picked their partners. In her eyes, they had no one to blame but themselves. Regardless she suffered through their whining. Florentina secretly extracted some pleasure from poking them—a remnant of her time as quite the rambunctious little girl.

"I'm not much of a cook. I can make enough to get by. But I know someone who can. Zelena, she lives in the basement of the library in town. If you're hungry, approach her. Tell her I sent you. I'm sure she wouldn't mind the company. It can't be good living your life alone in the darkness." The giant paused. She picked up on the hypocrisy of such a statement. However, she wouldn't permit it to sink in and continued lest Casimir picks up on that tidbit.

"Just don't stare. She doesn't like it when people stare at her." She warned.

Reactions: BonsaiLily