World of Decay

(Sorry for my absence!)

Ava cocked her head as she began to hear several noises; human voices. "What the-" She was interrupted from her sentence as an infected jumped on her, knocking her to the ground. She screamed in surprise. She yanked out her machete and struggled to her feet. The zombie lunged at her, it's decaying mouth ready to sink its teeth into her flesh. Ava slammed her arm into its neck, holding its face away from her. She gritted her teeth, this thing was strong. She suddenly let go of the zombie, allowing it to charge at her. Right before the zombie took a bite at her face, Ava swiftly jabbed the machete into the zombie's eye. The zombie went limp, and she yanked the machete from the foul creature's eye socket. She heard a pop, and the eye was yanked out with the machete. "That's disgusting." She said and ripped the eye from the tip of her weapon. She wiped her dirty hand on her pants, and followed the noise. She saw three survivors, and she ducked behind a bush. She watched them for quite some time.

Name:Jun
Appearance: jun.jpg
Personality: Concealed, Violent, witty, agile, trigger happy, mysterious.
History: Was a loner in high school who always new the zombie apocalypse would happen so when it did he was ready with a stockpile of food and water. He has been surviving for almost a month now
Weapons: Sniper rifle, Katana, Pistol
Other: Yellow eyes and pointed teeth making him look like a vampire

Jun walked in the now ghost town in the broad daylight taking cautious steps across the rugged cement. He was carrying a book bag, Katana, and a sniper rifle with about 2000 bullets. He pushed his hand against his hair fixing it "God dammit I have to find a shower." The man had a black tux on in 90 degree weather and searched for zombies by choice just to let a bit of steam off when he found one he took his rifle and shot it dead smack in the head. The zombies brains splattered across a house in back of it. "another day another zombie"

"On the bright side, we have time to get to know each other. I already told you I'm Officer Bolt. As for earlier, I'm sorry for the hostility. My small group that was going south had some rough times getting her. My friend, Robot, was with me when we came across a woman and a man. They seemed in need of food so we opened our bags to give them some and they pulled out a pistol and a revolver. Bob got shot in the leg and I drug him to safety. I shot at them to keep them in cover, all the while dragging Rob over to a stream. Rob wanted to fight back, and after he got his bearings he was limping to shoot at them. Some how he attempted to slide into new cover and it caused him to roll end over end down the creek bed. His head landed on a rock and it broke his spine. I could see parts of his vertebra sticking out of his uniform. So I took off to the hills, laid under some bushes and waited until an hour or so later. I followed their foot prints and murdered them in their fuckin sleep for it. The husband I shot, and I would've let the wife go peacefully also but she attempted to shoot me, which resulted in me swinging my shotgun as a baseball bat into her skull. I thought about killing her then but I left her to the undead. I'm not that cold unless people screw with me when I'm trying to be nice. He was my last friend still living, assuming everyone from home is dead"

Jason stood there his back against the tree leaning on it and remaining calm. His arms were crossed as he would looked up and glared straight ahead. thinking about how to show himself in front of the survivors he recently saw.. He turned his head slightly to the left and sighed has this was starting to be troublesome since sunrise was still a ways away.. thinking about it he should of stayed back in the city at his rooftop.. "so annoying " he said to himself

"On the bright side, we have time to get to know each other. I already told you I'm Officer Bolt. As for earlier, I'm sorry for the hostility. My small group that was going south had some rough times getting her. My friend, Robot, was with me when we came across a woman and a man. They seemed in need of food so we opened our bags to give them some and they pulled out a pistol and a revolver. Bob got shot in the leg and I drug him to safety. I shot at them to keep them in cover, all the while dragging Rob over to a stream. Rob wanted to fight back, and after he got his bearings he was limping to shoot at them. Some how he attempted to slide into new cover and it caused him to roll end over end down the creek bed. His head landed on a rock and it broke his spine. I could see parts of his vertebra sticking out of his uniform. So I took off to the hills, laid under some bushes and waited until an hour or so later. I followed their foot prints and murdered them in their fuckin sleep for it. The husband I shot, and I would've let the wife go peacefully also but she attempted to shoot me, which resulted in me swinging my shotgun as a baseball bat into her skull. I thought about killing her then but I left her to the undead. I'm not that cold unless people screw with me when I'm trying to be nice. He was my last friend still living, assuming everyone from home is dead"

Shaun sighed, interlacing his fingers over his chest. Waves of sympathy began passing through him as he listened to the soldiers tale. It all seemed so jacked up. This whole God-forsaken thing. Turning son against mother and brother against sister, like some sick psychopathic horror story. Without warning and within moments, their whole world had transformed into something bloody, brutal and devoid of any mercy. How does one cope with such an overwhelming turn of events? The hunter's eyes tightened as he fought back tears, trying desperately not to think of his own losses. Glancing over at his injured companion, Shaun reached out and placed a comforting hand on his upper arm briefly. "I'm sorry, my friend. But if it means anything, I'm glad you're still with us. We wouldn't have made it this far without you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Maddeline
"Thanks. I appreciate the sympathy. The survivors base I was at...most on them went north to get us food. They were on a two month time frame, and then they never came back. Either they all died or simply didn't come back. The civilians inside started getting restless- they were free to leave at any time but they wanted to stay for the walls. One day we saw a group of them starting to gather up at the armory doors and attempt to break in. We just left- we weren't going to fight back, we were outgunned. Sunsabitches probably ate each other by now. I've been on my own for a few days or so now- what I do is I march in one direction, find anything I can, and as it turns dark I go back to my 'tree hammock'. Next morning I take it down, move it about two to three miles in a different spot closer to where I was searching the day before, install it in a tree, and have another search day. Then repeat. It's a three day cycle, but it's better than looking for a house with closed doors, windows and a lack of undead hidden somewhere in it. I actually don't find the zombies that bad- I mean, they are terrible, but at least they don't shoot back" he said, the last part an attempt at dry humor to lighten the mood. It really had been a while since he had seen people- I mean, a few days for him was quite worrying as he usually had at least another soldier with him. It's possible that due to their intended good nature to protect civilians, they were dying off...the soldiers, that is.

1396648407155.jpg

Name: Ronnie "Striker" Jones
Personality: Respectful, cunning, slightly intelligent, honest, weapons expert, tries hard not to mess up anything, can survive in the wilderness with or without people
History: Navy Seals for 5 years before the zombie apocalypse started; All of his squad was taken over by zombies but he managed to escape
Equipment: Spec Ops 1911 with 2 full clips of ammo, One tactical knife, some para rope, small first aid kit (enough for 1 person), AR-15 (with attached scope) with 2 empty clips and 1 clip with only half amount and a small sack of sorted canned food.
Other: Has a messed up past and sometimes it comes back to him
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Ronnie, leaving the streets with his AR-15 in his hands, says to himself as he enters the forest, "Man.. Everything is raided, I cannot find anything out here… Shit.." He looks and noticed a large horde of zombies deep in the woods. He hides by the nearest tree holding his gun tightly to him and he thinks of a way to distract the zombies away from his path. He notices pebbles by his feet so he grabs the pebbles and starts throwing it far to his left. The zombies begin to hear the pebbles off in the distance and starts to follow the noise. Ronnie thinks to himself as he continues to throw pebbles off to the distance, "Damn.. This actually is working, but it's not enough.." He thinks about another plan, as he does he sees the hammock with survivors. "What the… Actually people?!" He thought. "I got to get to them… Somehow."

"Thanks. I appreciate the sympathy. The survivors base I was at...most on them went north to get us food. They were on a two month time frame, and then they never came back. Either they all died or simply didn't come back. The civilians inside started getting restless- they were free to leave at any time but they wanted to stay for the walls. One day we saw a group of them starting to gather up at the armory doors and attempt to break in. We just left- we weren't going to fight back, we were outgunned. Sunsabitches probably ate each other by now. I've been on my own for a few days or so now- what I do is I march in one direction, find anything I can, and as it turns dark I go back to my 'tree hammock'. Next morning I take it down, move it about two to three miles in a different spot closer to where I was searching the day before, install it in a tree, and have another search day. Then repeat. It's a three day cycle, but it's better than looking for a house with closed doors, windows and a lack of undead hidden somewhere in it. I actually don't find the zombies that bad- I mean, they are terrible, but at least they don't shoot back"

Shaun smiled, glancing down at the corpses. Many of them had begun to drift off now, shambling back towards the meadow. A bit of an amused laugh escaped his lips. Hell, looking at them from this point of view, the soldier had a point. They were completely harmless. The bastards could flap their menacing gums all they wanted, but they wouldn't be any closer to causing any real harm. Patting the aircraft harness fondly, Shaun went back to staring up at the trees. "Yeah. I suppose I'd take a zombie apocalypse over marshall law any day." he speculated, picking a bit of dirt out of his fingernails.

After removing a particularly large glob from under his index finger, Shaun furrowed his eyebrows. "Ya know," he said softly, "maybe this whole thing was for the best. The earth was probably due for a cleansing anyhow. We just happen to be the lucky ones who get to start anew when this whole thing is over." He grinned at the thought, relaxing and closing his eyes. "Makes the idea of fighting through this hell a bit more bearable, when you think of it that way."

"Out of all the shit in my bag, alcohol isn't one of them. But if it was, I'd drink to that. I find people...well, again...think about it. Dead comes for you, where does it go? A straight line. It doesn't even avoid obstacles- it makes a tree seem to be a fuckin genius. But you take a man" the soldier put his index and middle finger to his eyes, and motioned at the girl they were with. "- and they see a woman like that with no laws...you can see the gears turnin in his head. Take a hungry human, watch them weigh the odds if they see your food. Meet a lone woman in the road who has been raped before, and see her consider killing you before she thinks you noticed her. It's a game of chess, human thinking. One bad action or one cause makes another human turn on another for a perception of surviving. I've never killed someone for their supplies, even when I've needed it. I have held people at gunpoint though...and usually I throw them a can of beans or some shit if I have it for the sake of not meaning to cause trouble; I have you all a place to sleep. Speaking of the girl, whats her name? She seems a little young" he said, semi-criticizing her...but it was meant more in a manor of noticing that she probably couldn't last long on her own if it hadn't been for Shaun.

Ronnie finds a path to get threw the horde to the aircraft harness, so he pulls out his tactical knife and puts his gun on his back and darts for the harness. As doing so he lodges his knife deep into a zombie's skull and has some trouble pulling it out. "Shit.." he said as he tries to yank the knife out. He manages to pull the knife out as a few zombies start heading towards him. He runs to the harness and tries to starts climbing frantically saying "Help me! And Don't shoot! I'm not one of them!" After he says that more zombies start coming back towards him

With lightning reflexes, Bolt stood, and grabbed his M4.
The soldier yanked himself to the edge of the tree limb, his barrel aimed at the oncommers forehead.
"HANDS UP MOTHERFUCKER! the dead are the least of your problems now! HANDS THE FUCK UP!" he aimed at the closest group of zed and downed them in a quick burst from the carbine. He wasn't expecting another human, much less in the middle of the night.

"Please don't shoot! I have a first aid kit! I can come to use!" Ronnie says surprised at the man's tone of voice and stops climbing to see a dark shadow of someone holding a gun. "And.. I would hold my hands up, but I'm in the middle of a climb.. and I don't want to go back down with all those walking cannibals down there either." he says trying to side with the man with the gun.

"Out of all the shit in my bag, alcohol isn't one of them. But if it was, I'd drink to that. I find people...well, again...think about it. Dead comes for you, where does it go? A straight line. It doesn't even avoid obstacles- it makes a tree seem to be a fuckin genius. But you take a man" the soldier put his index and middle finger to his eyes, and motioned at the girl they were with. "- and they see a woman like that with no laws...you can see the gears turnin in his head. Take a hungry human, watch them weigh the odds if they see your food. Meet a lone woman in the road who has been raped before, and see her consider killing you before she thinks you noticed her. It's a game of chess, human thinking. One bad action or one cause makes another human turn on another for a perception of surviving. I've never killed someone for their supplies, even when I've needed it. I have held people at gunpoint though...and usually I throw them a can of beans or some shit if I have it for the sake of not meaning to cause trouble; I have you all a place to sleep.

Shaun gestured vaguely, trailing his hand listlessly through the air. "If only human decency was a dominate trait in humans." he said with a sigh, wiping his forehead. The frustration of human flaw welled up inside of him, causing him to clench his teeth a bit. It wasn't fair. All the wars. The injustices. The murders, rapes, thieveries and all the rest of that shit. Maybe if humanity wasn't so screwed up, they wouldn't have ended up in this mess in the first place. Despite all of this negative thought process going on in his head, a look of resolution appeared on Shaun's face. "And yet, look at us three. We're a living testament to the fact that although it isn't common, human decency does exist." With a loud snort, Shaun spat a large wad of phlegm over the edge of the makeshift hammock. It rocketed downward, splattering into the face of a walker.

"And that in itself, is worth fighting for."

Speaking of the girl, whats her name? She seems a little young"

Glancing over with a curious smile, Shaun spoke in a surprisingly affectionate tone. "Oh her? That's Sam. She's a good egg."

Bolt looked the man in the eyes.
"I'm a US army MOTHER FUCKIN 75th division RANGER! Got that? Use my muddy boot prints on the bark to find traction spots" Bolt said, using a light from his bag to illuminate the side of the tree in the darkness.
"And this is why decent people die" he said, murmuring it to where only Shaun or Sam might have been able to hear.
"If you came here for our shit, we don't have food or much ammo. I've just got some useless utilities that I improvise with to stay alive. If you came here to kill us, you better start with me or I'll drop you before you can flick your goddamn wrist"

"You Army guys always have to be so extreme about everything.." He said trying to lighten the mood as he follows the footprints on the tree. "And I am Navy Seals, ground team. From one soldier to the next... I don't want any harm, I was lucky to find you guys. I have supplies, not much but it will come in handy!" he said really trying to convince the stern Army Ranger.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
"And you fuckin navy guys like to drill eachother in the team rooms when no one is looking. I mean, months on a boat surrounded by those big sweaty army men who are bitching a ride to do an actual job while you sit there and whine about not gettin home and bangin some chick that thinks your special forces career is a condom. Look, whatever man, good to see another soldier around- I was beginning to think I was the last one around these parts. Whatever state this is, anyway. I didn't cross over on a road so I honestly don't know what state I'm in" he said with a shrug.
"They should be gone by morning if some more surprises don't show up to startle them. They tend to just wander off and lose interest after a few hours"

Reactions: Alexander Basteele
"Good those zombies need to go.. I'm tired of them. And thanks for that speech on us Seals, coming form the branch of the military that all they do is teach you to cuss, yell, shoot things, and cuss some more.." He said jokingly as he climbs into the harness. "And yeah I'm glad to see someone else with Spec Op training as well, more likelihood that we will survive." He smiles at that. "I must ask though.. What was your career in the Rangers?" He said with curiosity as he lays his rifle and bag down noticing the girl and the other man.

"I wasn't a ranger, I was a 75th ranger. Special forces...but ugh...anyway, I served in Afghan. Handful of tours. I would've been over there when the dead crawled from the dirt but I took a bullet to the chest, near my heart. Sent me home, I was going to go and have advanced civilian surgery and shit hit the fan. Went to a militia, joined, let civilians into the base and held it until they turned on us. Me and some others escaped, they died, I found these two...the girl over there is Sam, and this awesome guy is Shaun" he said, but never fully removing his M4 from his hands...he was not going to trust this "Navy Seal", just yet.

"Damn. Well, I was a spotter, in the Navy Seals.. I've been to Afghan for four tours, and the reason I'm here is because I was on vacation visiting my mother, she always worried about me.." Looks down at the zombies and frowns. "Yeah, then shit hit the fan with these fucking zombie freaks, so I went back to base to see if I could start a group with my small squad.. because no one I knew or loved made it.." Tries to hide back his sorrows. "Well that didn't last long.. And I was left to defend for myself.. All I kept from my Seal gear is some para rope and this.." Shows the Ranger his Spec Ops 1911. "It's my baby, haven't used her yet.. Hopefully I won't either, I don't have much bullets for my guns" Looks at the Ranger's tight grip on the M4. "Look, I really don't want any trouble..I have food and medical supplies, not a lot but it's enough to chip in…" Opens his backpack and shows the cans of food and his first aid kit "See… No harm no foul right?"