World of Decay

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I've been moved to London, since New York is pretty much dead. No pun intended, I swear. Basic principle is the same, I'm in a grocery store, somewhere in London.)

"Huh? I just wandered of with my thoughts... I was thinking about something else, before I got sidetracked beyond all believe. That was... Hmm... Oh, yeah. I need to get the heck out of here! Those zombies were knocking on the front door! I'm an idiot for drifting of in thought like that, in such a situation as this. Well, they aren't knocking that loud, so they probably don't know I'm here. Let's try to get out of this back door.", Damian thought to himself when he got snapped back to reality. He held his hand on the the door lever, but he decided to quickly check how many bullets he had in his revolver. "Hmm... 6 loaded and 6 in reserve. So, that's 12 potential kills. Potential being the most important word, I'm quite bad with this revolver. While I could use more practice, those zombies are attracted to noise, so let's stick to my metal baseball bat.", were Damian's last thought before opening the door. He took his metal baseball bat in hand, so that if something was directly outside he could at least give it a good whack on the head.

He slowly opened the door. Nothing directly surrounding him, but he could see a couple zombies on the right. Also, directly in front of him was another building, but he couldn't see what type of building, seeing as there were no windows he could easily look in to. The only way without too much trouble seemed to be left. "Slow and steady wins the race, Damian. I'm gonna need to practice my stealth skills anyway, I'm terrible at shit like Metal Gear Solid.", were Damian's last words to make sure he didn't screw this up he could think about. Slowly but surely, he snuck along the wall. He stuck his head out a little, just enough to see what was on the other side of that wall. He saw zombies, quite a lot of them too and a lot closer to him then he is comfortable with. Eyes widened, he got nervous. Telling himself to suck it up, he searched for something like a small rock to toss, so he could distract the zombies, while he sneaked passed them. He did found a rock, a bigger one then expected. "At least, it makes more noise.", He thought to himself. He threw the rock, saw that the zombies did look away and some of them even go to the noise, he snuck to another building a bit farther. He decided it would be wiser to go inside the building. He opened the door, sat down and rested there for a while.

Natalia | London

"Say, yeh spoke abaut an ordah, to kill innocents, am-i-right? Watcha do when dey tried to force yeh to do so? Commandin' officah would probably noht like dat too well." Duncan said.

Whatever happened after that Natalia blocked out as a new problem presented itself. Natalia would have made her way across the rooftops and sides of the buildings until she made it safely to her hide out. But clearly it might not be so easy for the other two. And Natalia herself was still tired. How could she get all of them across the buildings to the safe roof? Or would they have to take the ground? Natalia shuddered. She did not like the idea of letting her feet touch the ground. She did have a plank of wood they could walk across from building to building, but back at her roof top and going all the way there and back just to get it seemed excessive if not impossible. It wasn't entirely safe and Natalia didn't know if either of the men had a qualm for heights. They could somehow shimmy across their homemade rope but that seemed even more unlikely. It was starting to look like the ground was unavoidable...Natalia gulped. Or at least avoidable for them. But how would they get back up to her roof once they were on the ground again. It would be difficult.

Natalia hesitated, then voiced her concerns. "There may be a problem." she lilted in her Russian accent. "My safe place is two blocks that way." she pointed down the street straight ahead of them. "But it's on the roof. There--are ways of getting you there but it is hard. And I won't take the ground." she voiced her stand on that issue, then went on to explain about their other options. "Unless one of you two have a closer place. But there is some construction..." Natalia struggled to find the right word and ended up settling for the first one that came to her mind, "rails on the north side of the building. You could use to climb." Natalia fell silent. She was uncomfortable enough already. If they couldn't come up with a solution she was going to leave without them.​

Matthew was glad that Natalia decided to say with them, "Yeah right behind you," he said going along with them taking out his machete to kill any seekers that might have been in their way. He looked out ahead of them not seeing anything on the roofs ahead, when he heard Duncan ask about the orders he was given before he left the army, "Look I've done some things I'm not proud of but this isn't one of those things, I did what any other sane person would do I shot him in the head and left before anyone knew he was dead." Matthew continued on behind Natalia and hoped across to the other roof looking around trying his best to keep up with them. He listened to the problem they had and thought it over a "I guess we'll have to take the street since I don't have any safe house I've just been moving from place to place."

Natalia

"Yeah right behind you," Matthew said going along with them taking out his machete to kill any seekers that might have been in their way. "Look I've done some things I'm not proud of but this isn't one of those things, I did what any other sane person would do I shot him in the head and left before anyone knew he was dead."

Holy sh...Natalia did a double take and stared at the solider for a moment before returning her attention back to the problem at hand. She would have to remember not to do anything stupid when he was around. She wondered if it wasn't a good idea to finally take up a weapon herself. What would she choose? She still was wary about guns. And she might impale herself on a knife. Maybe a bat? Long enough to keep monsters away from her and light enough to carry around with her.

Matthew continued on "I guess we'll have to take the street since I don't have any safe house I've just been moving from place to place."

"Are you sure you can do this?" she interjected, speaking to the two of them. Making them run along the ground seemed unnecessary and unsafe. Maybe she could offer a birds eye view or...."I could try and distract them...the monsters. From up here, I mean." Maybe she could light something on fire to distract them or drop objects from above to lead them away.

"Phew! Finally save! Okay, next step... What should that be? Barricading the door, if possible, seems the best. Okay, let's look around", DJ thought. He looked around for anything to barricade those doors, but he found nothing. He sighed, but he couldn't complain: he had amazing luck for his standard, so far. He did find some bandages, which came in handy. He had no grip wrap on his baseball bat, so a bit of those bandages helped a lot in not letting the bat slip. He wrapped it around the grip part of his bat and knotted it off at the bottom part. Feeling a bit more confident than before, he decided to go up the stairs. He heard soft groaning. "Hmm... It's louder than one zombie could ever pull off, unless it's right beside me. So definitely 2, maybe 3 or 4. Hmm... Unless I instantly slam their face in, I can't just rush in. And the revolver is still dangerous, I don't know if there are more upstairs or that there are more of them right outside. Okay, got it! Take the first one stealthy and the rest needs to be knocked down or slammed in to a wall to destroy their brains. Let's go then!", were his last thoughts before going up. He snuck up and saw 3 zombies trying to walk upstairs. Damian snuck up to the closed ones, smacking it right on the top of it's head, hitting it towards the ground. It got bloody to say the least and most of it got on DJ's pants. The other two zombies turned towards him, slowly approaching. Damian backed up a bit to get back to his senses. He felt a rush, a rush to keep living. He was stepping back, right beside the hole the stairs. He noticed it and got an idea! One of the zombies was quite close to that hole and the other one was further away, both from Damian and the hole. He struck the zombies nearest sideways, so he got knocked over and just fell down the stairs. The zombie further away got struck sideways too, in a separate strike. He got knocked down and laid on the floor. Damian took his chance and finished the zombie off. He looked down the stairs to see how the zombie was doing that fell down. He was still living and slowly getting up. Damian threw a chair down to either: a) Kill him or b) trap him. The chair killed him, fortunately. "Complete luck on that last one. Anyways, let's go further up. I'm in a bad mood now anyway.", Damian thought.

He had two more floors to go through, which didn't contain a lot of zombies. He got to the roof and looked to see if anything was out there. A lot of zombies and a really safe looking spot. "Huh, my next destination it seems. My luck still hasn't run out, awesome!", DJ thought. With a sigh, he decide to rest for a while. He knew that this was "safe", since there was a wooden plank to barricade the door to the roof.

Reactions: ILovePandas
DUNCAN JARLSSON

"Nah, lass. I has an ideah, no need to cross the streets or nothin'. But we'll hav ta double-cross back to tha markeht." Duncan was able to say out, considering the idea was risky- and he was tired of putting himself or any other person in danger. He turned over to the left, and pointed over towards a series of closed-together rooftops. "We make it bakk to ta markeht, we can go into de se'ers. From there, we kahn reach one o' my places. Altho' it's kinda hidin' in plain sight and all." Duncan explained as he began to approach the ledge of the rooftop- eyeing the pipelines that connected the building they were currently on, to the rooftop of another- the scene scouraged with the sight of death. Rotten food, dirty water and roll-up beds indicating there once were survivors onboard this rooftop, along with the 'HELP' sign, crudely painted black on a big piece of cardboard. He eyed over Natalia- and noticed she was lacking a weapon of sorts. A bit weird, considering a weapon's the only thing that keeps you from life or death anymore. But he wasn't really willing to just hand over his guns to her, inappropriate usage of them or a lack of training could cause more harm than good.

"Mm..." Duncan realised that he had left a previous conversation down, and turned over to face the military-man. "So... wha' was it like? Y'know, firin' at a guy ye had kno'n is yer boss? I mean- I'd not be capable of doin' such things outta no'here." He uttered as he eyed the man up and down- his mind telling him to stay sharp in case a situation would unfold while that guy was around- the fact that he had in cold blood shot a fellow soldier in order to escape a situation, obviously ment he put his own survival above anything else, and Duncan sure as hell wasn't willing to die for someone elses egotistical reasons.

Person: Genevieve "Gen" Wildes

Gen sat on top of a roof, looking down at the streets to see some of those monsters still roaming about. Her gaze was cold and calculating, trying to find the best solution of finding a safe house while avoiding the creatures. Getting away from the ledge, Gen looked around to see if she could jump the roofs to get a better vantage point when she spotted a group of people not far off from her location. Thinking of joining a group has crossed her mind before, but Gen knew the risks of traveling in a group were higher than traveling alone, hence why she is a loner. But with the human numbers dwindling and the monsters growing in size, there may be no other choice but to join a group. Weighing her options, Gen figured it wouldn't hurt to try and see if they are worth being in a group or not.

Matthew was about to answer that he would be okay before Duncan interjected with his own plan that would be a bit safer than traveling through the streets, he did notice Nataila's reaction to his little bit after he had replied about his previous job. "Okay I guess we follow Duncan's plan since you know all I can do is shoot the bloody seekers i'm other wise unless," he stated as he was ready to get moving when ever possible eyeing the area around them. While he was looking Duncan asked how it was shooting his boss, "We never really thought of him as a boss he relayed the orders from above and we followed simple as that, wait what's that," Matthew said point out to a figure in the distance on another roof a while away, he began to wave his arms to see if they knew that the group was there, "Look another survivor I hope..."

Person: Genevieve "Gen" Wildes

Gen sat on top of a roof, looking down at the streets to see some of those monsters still roaming about. Her gaze was cold and calculating, trying to find the best solution of finding a safe house while avoiding the creatures. Getting away from the ledge, Gen looked around to see if she could jump the roofs to get a better vantage point when she spotted a group of people not far off from her location. Thinking of joining a group has crossed her mind before, but Gen knew the risks of traveling in a group were higher than traveling alone, hence why she is a loner. But with the human numbers dwindling and the monsters growing in size, there may be no other choice but to join a group. Weighing her options, Gen figured it wouldn't hurt to try and see if they are worth being in a group or not.
The girl had been following the red head for days. Silently and carefully, keeping out of sight. She'd been the only humanity she's seen for days. She wore a dirty white fleace sweater and some jeans. Her blue eyes watched her movement as she his behind a structure on top of the building peaking to stare at the red head. She bit her bottom lip to get a better look and just then, a small kitten decided to show it was here too. It jumped from the structure, a top her head. She squealed falling face first on the roof. Caught. Dam it.

Gen saw one of the people wave their arms to her and she waved her arms back, hoping they see her as one of them and not those creatures. Looking around a bit, she decided to try and jump from roof to roof to get to them. 'Just like jumping a hurdle in track.' She thought to herself and was getting ready to jump when she heard a squeal and what sounded like a body hitting the ground. Turning quickly and drawing her gun, Gen pointed her gun at the girl. "Get up slowly and tell me who you are!" She demanded. This is not what she needed to deal with right now.

"Bethany, I- I'm sorry. I saw you a few days ago, and I've followed you since. You're the only human I've seen." She said this as she stood slowly, raising hands in surrender. The girls had a bow across her back and arrows strapped in a small bag over her shoulder. The cat purred, rubbing against Beth's ankle. She frowned to glare at it. Yea, thanks a lot.

@Cybermoon

Natalia

"Nah, lass. I has an ideah, no need to cross the streets or nothin'. But we'll hav ta double-cross back to tha markeht." Duncan was able to say. He turned over to the left, and pointed over towards a series of closed-together rooftops. "We make it bakk to ta markeht, we can go into de se'ers. From there, we kahn reach one o' my places. Altho' it's kinda hidin' in plain sight and all." Duncan explained as he began to approach the ledge of the rooftop- eyeing the pipelines that connected the building they were currently on, to the rooftop of another- the scene scouraged with the sight of death. Rotten food, dirty water and roll-up beds indicating there once were survivors onboard this rooftop, along with the 'HELP' sign, crudely painted black on a big piece of cardboard.

He was talking fast again and Natalia was having trouble following. But no matter what his plan, the idea of abandoning her safe rooftop and going to some unknown location made her feel very, very uneasy. Her whole body tensed up. Maybe going it alone wasn't such a bad idea after all...

"Mm..." Duncan turned over to face the military-man. "So... wha' was it like? Y'know, firin' at a guy ye had kno'n is yer boss? I mean- I'd not be capable of doin' such things outta no'here." He uttered as he eyed the man up and down- his mind telling him to stay sharp in case a situation would unfold while that guy was around- the fact that he had in cold blood shot a fellow soldier in order to escape a situation, obviously ment he put his own survival above anything else, and Duncan sure as hell wasn't willing to die for someone elses egotistical reasons.

"Okay I guess we follow Duncan's plan since you know all I can do is shoot the bloody seekers i'm other wise unless," Matthew stated "We never really thought of him as a boss he relayed the orders from above and we followed simple as that, wait what's that," Matthew said point out to a figure in the distance on another roof a while away, he began to wave his arms to see if they knew that the group was there, "Look another survivor I hope..."

It was just then that Duncan's words really sunk into her brain and Natalia understood his plans. "The "se'ers"?! The sewers?!" Natalia yelped, first disbelieving and then angry. Actually, it was quite clever. Natalia had spent so much time above the city that she'd forgotten about what was going on underneath it. Maybe it was a good plan but the thought of trapping herself underground...Natalia shuddered. It wasn't like she was claustrophobic or anything, she just didn't like the idea of being trapped anywhere. When she was in the air it seemed her options were limitless.

In her sudden outburst Natalia had barely noticed Matthew pointing out what looked like another survivor on a roof top close by. Matthew waved his arms at the figure and the red-head waved back. Just then the red-head made a sudden movement. It looked like the figure was pulling out a weapon, a gun maybe. Then Natalia noticed that the gun was being pointed at something. At someone.

"Oh my god!" gasped in surprise and horror and instinctively grabbed the closest thing to her: the arm of one of her comrades. "Look!" She shook the arm and with her free hand and pointed toward the red-head and drawn weapon. "What is that?!" She wasn't sure if the red-head was pointing the gun at a person, a zombie, something else, or them.

"Bethany huh? Got a last name to go with that?" Gen asked, putting her gun away back in its holster after un-cocking it. She eyed the girl up and down, taking in her thin frame and bright blonde hair. It was hard to believe that this girl was a survivor like her, but Gen figured she must have some skills with the bow and arrow on her back than what she looks. Looking back at the others, she waved her hand twice to show things were okay on her end. Looking back at Bethany, she waited for her to speak and give her a bit more information before deciding if she is worth the effort to team up with. 'Hopefully she can jump a good distance to get to the others.' Gen thought to herself.

Evie Appleby

tumblr_muxi8ropbJ1s0t9k2o4_250.gif

Trudging her way down the abandoned street, Evie felt the fatigue starting to set into her legs. She was shambling more than the walking corpses that roamed about the coffin of a city. The place was a mess, like a riot had just happened, except the place was littered with half eaten corpses and the occasional dismembered limb. Death filled the air, the smell of it, the taste of it.

"I hate London," Evie groaned to herself. There was a nearby bench that wasn't too dirty so to allay some of her troubles she allowed herself to fall onto it. It was a weird sensation, sitting on a bench like an everyday-Jane in the middle of a city of the dead. With how relaxed and relieved Evie seemed, one would likely forget the truth of the world when looking at her. Well, if you discounted the compound bow betwixt her legs and the gun on her hip. She allowed herself to close her eyes for but a moment, taking the opportunity to gather some rest. It was nice. A moan of relief even escaped her lips as she stretched her legs outwards. A petty but essential moment of serene respite. Still, such rarities were short-lived. Staying static for too long was synonymous with death. Rising to her feet after a few minutes, Evie slung her bow over her back and continued down the street.

When she set off for London, she wasn't quite sure that she would make it. Too many people had died along the way, too many routes had closed before her. After a while, making it to London had become sort of fairytale to her. However, now she was there, the fairytale was gone. That feeling of accomplishment she craved never arrived. There was just the damning sense that despite the lead on her father being a pretty solid one, London was a big place to find one man. As she hit the junction at the end of the road, she noticed a pack of the dead moving further down the street to her left. She muffled the sound of her cursing and attached herself to the nearby wall, hoping the creatures hadn't noticed her. That was when she heard it.

"Look! What is that!?"

The voice of a woman and it sounded as if it came from the rooftops. Evie held her ground, analysing all of the possible escape routes and holdout points in the area. There was no telling how this would go down. One thing was certain, though: she needed to find the woman and whomever she was with. They were her only chance of survival, her only chance of finding her father.

Duncan nodded quite vigorously as they seemed to be agreeing with his plan- and proceeded to mentally pat himself on the back. Great Job, Duncan! They seem a bit surprised about the possible area they could go to, and will-hopefully- tag along to the safe house. Just need to make sure they arn't down there yet. Duncan stared on over towards Natalia who- suddenly - uttered out the words that he had spoken- in a rather surprised tone, as far as Duncan could tell. He nodded slightly, saying "Ye', the dead dun' go too often över there. Easy pa'sage, y'know?" Although the next sentence that pierced his mind tossed him off balance, as he quickly turned over to look at where the attention was being grasped at. He looked at what appeared to be two persons, one on their knees- or so his blurry vision tried to tell him, whilst another was pointing their gun at them. He was quick to reach over towards his back, and slung over the hunting rifle to his grasp. He eyed the two as they talked, all whilst he himself shot a glance towards the streets every now and again- trying to see if the undead are picking up the unwanted attention.

"Golly... What ought we do? Way I say, dey might make for good teammates n' all, but it seems a bit hectic ovah the'." Duncan said clear as day, and turned over to look at Natalia and Matthew: Trying to cypher a response out of them.

"Bethany huh? Got a last name to go with that?" Gen asked, putting her gun away back in its holster after un-cocking it. She eyed the girl up and down, taking in her thin frame and bright blonde hair. It was hard to believe that this girl was a survivor like her, but Gen figured she must have some skills with the bow and arrow on her back than what she looks. Looking back at the others, she waved her hand twice to show things were okay on her end. Looking back at Bethany, she waited for her to speak and give her a bit more information before deciding if she is worth the effort to team up with. 'Hopefully she can jump a good distance to get to the others.' Gen thought to herself.

"Hilston." She said shakily before rising up to her feet and dusting herself off. It was no use. She hadnt managed to keep very clean besides her hair. Even in the Zombie Apocolypse her hair was her main priority. She would toss away food for a hair brush. It was ridiculous. She wasnt a bitch or a stuck up rich gir...she just really loved her hair. "I loved in the Mansion, a couple towns over. My parents Z'd out so, I walked a couple alley ways, then I saw you, and immediately followed. Youre the only other survivor Ive met in days. " she lifted her quiver of arrows onto her shoulders. "May I ask your name...?" She was curious of the girl shed been following for days.

Gen listened to the girl and contemplated her request. Nodding to herself, she looked at the blonde girl in the eye. "My name is Genevieve Wildes. Call me Gen." She says, holding her hand out to the girl. Gen figured it be best that she at least try to be civil to other people if she is to survive this hell on earth. "I came here from America before the Z's hit. Everyone I cared for got Z'd in the beginning."

Gen looked the girl over again and felt a bit of jealousy at the fact that she had clean, brushed hair while her own hair was dirty and pulled back into a half assed ponytails. With her other hand, she adjusted her two sheaths that held her barbed wire bat and crowbar.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_4935.JPG

Xiaxia:

Xiaxia pedaled slowly, quietly up to the street corner. With Shadowfax's trailer laden, speed was not her best defense. Knowing where threats were before they knew where she was, was. She stretched out a large bike mirror soldered to the end of a telescoping car antenna to peer around the buildings without being spotted, at least not by zeds. People, on the other hand... Thus far, whenever she'd sighted people she'd managed to pull her mirror back, wheel around, and use electric boost to get gone before they could mount a pursuit. On the one hand, she worried she might go batty from solitude. People were social animals after all, and solitary confinement was considered a very serious form of punishment, back when there'd been a penal system.

On the other hand, being alone also meant not getting robbed, raped, tortured or killed. First it had been the psychos and chavs who took the Z-pocalypse as their big chance to run wild without having to worry about cops. Mostly, guys like that didn't last long; then there were the ones who didn't start out psycho, but got that way because of the things they'd had to do to survive. Unlike zeds, people were smart. People had guns. People had other issues too, like alpha male types who lusted for power, or just plain lusted, bizarre and creepy new religions, or the more prosaic threat of "we want what you've got." All in all, they were best avoided. At least until...

She shook her head to clear it, and focus on what she could see with the mirror. With some tilting and twiddling, it looked like one side of the street was clear. Then she turned the rod over to view the other side. No zed hordes or biker gangs--a body, sprawled on a park bench. Xiaxia reached up to her forehead and lowered a steampunkish-looking telescope monocle she'd bodged together from a pair of pocket binoculars (the other 'nocular awaited being made into a spare), some scrap leather, and a leather purse strap. With this, she could zoom in on the mirror and get a bit more detail.

A pang of sadness struck. A young woman or teenage girl, freshly dead by the looks of things. Then a conflicted mix of elation and guilt. Elation, because the body had a compound bow; a ranged weapon that wasn't a gun. Guilt, for feeling the elation, and for not having been here in time to help the girl. Making sure there weren't any other threats in that direction, she telescoped her mirror-rod back down, pushed the monocle back to her forehead, and pedaled slowly, carefully around the corner.

Xiaxia's heart leaped into her chest. The "body" wasn't on the park bench anymore. Instead, she was walking down the street with her back toward Xiaxia. Carrying her weapons; so not a zed then. Then there were voices, human voices. More people. Xiaxia brought Shadowfax to a stop as quietly as she could, torn as to what to do next. Part of her ached to call out to the girl. Get her back to Imladris, give her what would almost certainly be her first hot shower in ages, and she could be a lifelong friend. Or maybe just shoot Xiaxia in the back as soon as she figured out how everything worked, and have Imladris to herself.

Time slowed to a crawl. Xiaxia knew that if she tried to move, the crunch of tires on pavement would probably draw the girl's attention. In addition to the bow, the girl also had a gun. On the other hand, the girl's attention was was being drawn by the voice, and she was walking away. So as long as she didn't turn around...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.