World of Decay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Interested! Has this started yet? My count is NY-6 London-3 so I will make another for London if you guys are still taking peeps ^_^

Sure, although I could wonder what really happened, since I havn't been told of an IC yet.

OMG sorry guys! I've suffered an injury and it's prevented me from doing much. You guys are accepted that posted your character!

I'll post the IC tomorrow. Sorry for delay. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Natalia Pavlova

Appearance:
MV5BNjY2Mzc3MjQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTcxNzg4Nw@@._V1_.jpg

Personality: Natalia is fairly serious and very focused, due to her parents strict upbringing in gymnastics. Natalia does not over stress or over think things, she simply accepts them as they are. She is an opportunist. Natalia doesn't have much in the way of a sense of humor but she can be sarcastic and witty and even rude. When it suits her she follows the rules compliantly but she is very independent and is always pushing new boundaries. On a first impression she seems quiet and serious but you better watch out because while you're not looking, she will surprise you.

History: Natalia grew up in Russia the only child of a gymnast and gymnastics coach. She has been involved in gymnastics since even before she was born as her mother competed with her while pregnant. Natalia's life has been one long array of ballet and gymnastics. She began ballet since she could walk and began gymnastics shortly after. Her parents have been very strict and regulating in her upbringing and now that she is old enough to compete, her father wants to coach her for the olympics. Natalia is currently in London for training and competition.

Weapon(s): Mainly, just herself and her surroundings! Her athleticism is what has kept her alive so far, as she is literally able to 'fly' out of the reach of zombies using her gymnastic talents. She uses her surroundings ( tables, chairs, buildings, people, zombies etc) to help her achieve her perform her stunts.

Skills: Her gymnastic training...obviously. She is also very quick thinking and calm in the heat of battle because she is use to competing.

Which location are you at?: London

Other:

YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD START SUCH A GAME WITHOUT ME?

THINK AGAIN.

“Ain't nothing supernatural about anything what can be killed by a 12-gauge, kiddo.”

NAME: “Ma” Gratham

PERSONALITY: Ma Gratham comes across as somewhat absent-minded and happy-go-lucky most of the time, seemingly just pleased to have a few people to talk to or impart wisdom onto (requested or not). It's not entirely clear how much of this is an act, however, given that when shit gets serious the scatter-brained thing goes out the window. In those moments it's pretty clear why this old woman has survived when so many others have not.

HISTORY: Quite where Ma Gratham is originally from is anyone's guess. Her accent and mannerisms suggest somewhere to the south of the United States, but she remains tight-lipped about where precisely. It's entirely possible she doesn't remember.

What Ma does say is that she was a child of the 60's counter-culture, growing up amongst those who sought to stay out of sight and out of mind when it came to the rest of society. This is where she's lived most of her rather substantial life, so when the dead rose and the world went to hell it really wasn't too much of a change of pace for her.

WEAPONS:
  • Browning BPS Hunting Shotgun (“Kick's like a mule, but goddamn if it ain't reliable in a pinch. Hell, you can always smack them with the stock if you run outta shells.”)
  • Smith & Wesson Tomahawk (“Dumb bastard of a second husband had one of these sitting around the trailer when it all went down. Probably the most sensible thing he ever bought.”)

SKILLS: Ma's got a literal lifetime's worth of experience when it comes to living rough and off the land, even if she's not firing on all cylinders like she used to. She also claims to have worked as a nurse at one point in her life. Whether or not this is true (and it probably isn't), she can set a broken bone and patch a wound up like the best of them.

Oh, and she's killed more things with that shotgun of hers than you've had hot meals.

• Love
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
Is it too late to sign up?!?!? I neeeeeeds to know!

Maleek Taylor

tumblr_niqwx9bgOu1t7rezuo2_400.jpg

Personality:
Maleek can come off as the mothering type. She is protective, caring, and strong. Happily to accompany anyone she has respect for. Though may seem sweet and friendly, she will confidently stand up for herself and others. Maleek can easily lie and usually succeeds, making this an advantage at keeping secrets unless it affects the team negatively.

History:
Maleek was raised in the Caribbean, taking care of her youngest siblings after a tragic incident with their parents. She never thought of living big except for going to college to study to become a health doctor.

Weapon(s):
Firearms:
Pistols, sub-machine guns
Melee:
Fireaxe or bat

Skills:
Agility
Pick locking
Medicine/Healing

Which location are you at?:
London

Other:
N/A

Last edited:
I had a thought for future plot plans. I don't know if many of you have seen The Walking Dead, but most of the antagonists there are people rather than zombies. Maybe (in either or both locations) there could be a ( large or small) sort of gang of survivors that are somewhat dictators. They have strong people in their group so they are able to survive. This gang would essentially raid other survivors for their own benefit and kill anyone that hinders them. If they dub you useful, they may invite (force) you to stay in their group. They wouldn't all nessicairly be 'evil' people, just ambitious ones trying to survive. This gang could be PCs or NPCs. Anyway, that could be some sort of future plot facet if you guys approve. Obviously right now in the beginning we are all focused on our 'first' zombie encounters and getting to meet each others characters, and we don't want to withdraw from that =)

Also, Hermaeus Melon, what sort of Zombies are these? Are they slow? Actually dead? Do you have to be bitten to be turned, or will a scratch or any other form of zombie dna turn you? Are the zombies attracted to anything? Sound? Blood? Are these the 'super human' kind of zombies or the slow dead corpse kind? I just want to know what to react to :)

Well, I changed my character's Appearance. Just thought I'd give y'all a heads-up.

Mmm... @Xytheus I'm in London I guess I should have mentioned that, I was kinda aiming for any of the London people because for the most part they are up on top of buildings too

Oh boy, pardon for the lack of postin'- wasn't sure when to do it. Decided to make a big post, which could also address the location of Duncan for London-Survivors.

@Silverdawn Join us! Nadya is probably going to make her way back to her apartment building. Maybe her building could be the building Matthew is in and the three of them could run into each other there ( assuming Duncan will try to follow her when she runs away, @West ). It looks like everyone else in the RP already died xD

I'm sorry guys. I've been going back and forth to the doctor due to an injury. <_> I'm going to make a post tonight.

@Silverdawn Join us! Nadya is probably going to make her way back to her apartment building. Maybe her building could be the building Matthew is in and the three of them could run into each other there ( assuming Duncan will try to follow her when she runs away, @West ). It looks like everyone else in the RP already died xD
Okay that works plus didn't you say in your post that the roof access was blocked. So the inside might have a blockade too.

Okay that works plus didn't you say in your post that the roof access was blocked. So the inside might have a blockade too.
Yes she blocked it with makeshift stuff. It would work better on zombies than people. Also there are various noismakers around (broken glass and such) to let her know if anyone/thing gets onto the roof which signals that the roof door isn't very stable. Or if that's not realistic you could always break through a window or something if you wanted. Natalia also noted that there was construction rails on one side of the building. Just to give you ideas ^_^

Yes she blocked it with makeshift stuff. It would work better on zombies than people. Also there are various noismakers around (broken glass and such) to let her know if anyone/thing gets onto the roof which signals that the roof door isn't very stable. Or if that's not realistic you could always break through a window or something if you wanted. Natalia also noted that there was construction rails on one side of the building. Just to give you ideas ^_^
That's kinda what I was thinking especially with the hoard behind me. Jumping out onto a balcony then climbing up to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.